General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Yes Ruth, I think a 2010 thread would be great. Thanks for asking.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How about "We're Busting Sugar in 2010" ?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #18  

Oh thank you Ruth. The name sounds perfect. I like Wed. as a weigh in. But I'll do any day you all want. We're going to have a good year I just know it. I've got a good start. But I'm not eating enough. I need to revamp my eating. Going in now to cook breakfast/lunch.. Think I'll make an omelet.

Solly- Its so good to see you back. Thats great you've been working out. Thats a good idea about eating out. You are right this is our year. I cut the wine out. I sure miss having it in the evening.

Mercee-Glad to see you back.

Sorry this is so short. Will be back later.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bump. I started you off with the Happy New Year wishes.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. If our post are going to move I'll wait before I start the diet tips until we move. Thanks Ruth for offering to start the new thread.

I wrote a letter about how many people we need to get our own space again or about even paying dues but I didn't get a response. I probably didn't ask in the right place. But I tried..LOL

Today's eating is good. Eating a burrito/salad as I type.

Solly...WTG with working out. I got one workout in the other day. It's really cold outside but I've been thinking of walking, even if just for 15 minutes. Love your idea about posting before cheating. I think that will help me a lot. It's awesome you are going to have more access to the computer.

Toni...you are so right. This is going to be our year.

Mercee...AWESOME on working out! Now to get my bootie in gear. You'll get to your goal this year. ((hugzz))

Scrappinhut...Hope you are enjoying your day.

Ellen..thinking of you.

Bob....come back and say howdy. Your posts always make me smile.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #21  

Hello ladies:

Wednesday's would be a great weigh-in day for me or whatever day the majority decides.

This will be our year let's burn this board up encouraging each other this year! In 2010 we are going to win!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Had a great day today. Work was great! Eating was good but I ate too many "legal" carbs. Got up the nerve to weigh in this am. 165!! Up 15 lbs since June when my life fell slowly to pieces. But that is the past and this is the present!! I am determined to get it off. Made it to the gym this am also. Did 30 mins of cardio. I hope to start adding weights very soon.

If everyone is weighing in Wed. I will re-weigh.

The low tonight is 23 degrees here. We are not used to this down here and everyone is quite sluggish!!

I will check in again tonight or tomorrow!!

Best to all!!
Jamie
Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #23  

Eating has been good. Had a few healthy nuts for a snack. And then made a pan cooked chicken breast and kept my serving size like a deck of cards, then had a green salad with it. I'm having a nice cup of green tea now. Happy how my day has gone.

Ruth- Thank you so much. We needed a new start..

Crystle- Hope your walking goes okay. Its way to cold for me. But in a week or two I'll start back on the treadmill. Just not feeling it yet.

Mercee- You go girl......

scrappinhut-Good going on the cardio. Those 15 lbs will come off in no time.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #24  

Default Good evening

I can't believe I actually got a short walk in. Yep, about 25 minutes and it was COLD..LOL Later in the week it will be way to cold to walk as we are having record lows this year. Scrappinhut, I'm net door in Texas and we too are getting some lows in the 20's. They are saying Friday the high might not even reach freezing. My old house becomes and icebox in those temps.

Since most seem to like Wed. I'll go with that as weight in. Though I really like Mondays because it makes me be good over the weekend. Maybe I'll have an official board day and a make Crystle behave day also.

Thanks Ruth for the updated board. A fresh start needs a fresh board.

Toni..I made chicken breast for dinner also. I took chicken strips and cooked them with peppers and onions then made a BBQ sauce to simmer into it. I had a spaghetti squash that was on it's last leg to I fixed that and some broccoli. The kids really liked the BBQ sauce on the squash. I must have too since I'm still stuffed.

Mercee...I'm with you.

Well, my nice warm bath is ready and it smells like chocolate so I'm gonna enjoy. If I can't eat it I can at least smell it. Oh, and don't let me kid ya, I had some sugar free chocolate for dessert.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

Feeling much better today. I actually slept all night, except for one potty run, but the numbness was not as bad. I took off all my rings last night, didn't have any alcohol so I wonder if any or all of that helped. My hands were pretty bad but not near as painful when I woke up at 6:00. It is 11 degrees here today. Dupposed to be like that all week with highs only in the 20's. Calling for 4" of snow on Thursday. I'm dreading it already.

Toni, I am forgoing my wine until the weekend and then it will drastically be less than normal. We have been drinking pomagranate-green tea at night. My DH has found a great bf food. He has mixed bleberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries together and adds them to low fat vanilla yogurt. I don't care for reaspberries or blackberries, but I admit I love this breakfast. About an hour later, I eat a hardboiled egg and then a banana a hour or so later. I am trying to eat every 2-3 hours to see how that works. I had some almonds yesterday too, they seemed to take the edge off.

Crystle, good foryou getting out there walking. We actually burn more calories walking in the cold so there you go. We are having oven fried chicken tonight.

Mercee, any weigh in day works for me as I typically weigh every morning anyway. I agree, we need to support each other more and join together. We can do this.

Scrappinhut, I'm right there with you on the 15lbs, if not more. I was trying to find something to wear today and everything I tried on I either looked like a fat man in a little coat or a can of popped bisquits. That should be motivation enough.

I actually went to the gym around 6:30 last night AFTER dinner. Usually I talk myself out of it if I don't go right after work. It was really crowded. I guess everyone's NY's resolutions to get to the gym. It will die off after a month or so. Brought my clothes so I will go either right after work or if the baby is at my house (DH gets him on Tuesdays since she has a staff meeting) then I will go after dinner.

Ellen, Bob and everyone else that is MIA, come on back here. We miss you.

Have a good legal day today.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #26  

Morning ladies:

I am glad to see we are all revved up and ready to go. I had a good day yesterday and walked on my treadmill last night.

Scrappinhut- Those 15 lbs will be gone in no time.

Toni- You dinner sounds delicious, I am making chicken breast tonight.

Crystle- I think I will make my chicken breast with peppers and onions. (I love peppers and onions) Great job getting your walk in.

Solly- Glad you were able to sleep well last night. Good job making it to the gym. I think I will go out and buy a nice flavored tea. I only like to drink tea when it is cold outside.

Well it is freezing here. It will be in the teens all week with no warm-up expected for a week. BRRRR. I am excited about Biggest Loser starting tonight. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #27  

Default Good Morning

Howdy ya'll. It is cold and I'm moving slow but I'm moving. Breakfast was broccoli, ham, swiss cheese scrambled eggs. I saw a diet tip yesterday that says adding cayenne to your breakfast meal helps you lose weight because you eat less later but I didn't add pepper this morning.

Here is the first of several email tips I have saved to share:

The Most Important Meal of the Day
Eat breakfast every morning. You've heard it's the most important meal of the day, and it is. Research indicates that women who eat cereal on a regular basis weigh nine pounds less than those who rarely eat cereal or don't eat breakfast at all. Eating breakfast provides the body with nourishment and prevents overeating throughout the rest of the day. Start the day off right by consuming a balanced, nutritious morning meal.

Err it won't let me change the color.

I'm also excited about BL tonight. There is also going to be an interview on ET about a past loser that weighs 400 pounds now. I'm interested on his views, but hope it doesn't disillusion me too much.

It is such a blessing to see each of ya'll here at the board. Last night I did have a minor slip with some tortilla chips and knew I was going to have to face ya'll this morning. It made a huge difference on the amount I ate. I truly believe it would have been double if I hadn't thought about ya'll.

Zach needs to get to his lesson so I'd better quite rambling.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

CountryMom4Him - I am excited too!! I have last season saved on the DVR I have been watching it for inspiration.

My eating has been good today and I am about to head to the gym. Tomorrow morning I have a session with a personal trainer. I am scared of the pain she will bring but I guess it has to be done!! I am really trying to stay positive.

More to come...............

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #29  

Sitting here having a cup of green tea with a half of slice of peanut butter toast as my midday snack. Eating has been good today. Still need to get moving but just can't seem to yet. I will. Can't wait for the BL tonight. I've got a simple dinner for us tonight. Leftover vegetable beef soup.

Crystle- Your eating is wonderful. I love how you mix all the veggies with your meals. I especially like your breakfasts. So healthy and filling. You really are doing good.

Solly- Glad you had a better night last night. Hope the shot helps you. The weather is so cold here too. And we're supposed to get the snow tomorrow evening or night, then those awful lows. Brrr. Oh your breakfast sounds so good. Wish my DH would make something healthy. But he is eating what I am eating and starting to jump on the band wagon. Wow you're even going to the gym....

Mercee- Thats great you're doing good and even did the treadmill. Keep it up...

scrappinhut- Wow a personal trainer thats wonderful. Good job......

Well don't any body forget Biggest Loser tonight. And have a great OP evening.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #30  

Good morning all,

I have a very busy and hectic day at work today so I can't stay on long. I am happy to report I am down 3lbs this week. It is really cold here and we are expecting 12 inches of snow between the next 2 days. Have a great day everyone. I will try to get back later.
Closed Thread