General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #91  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...I closed my barber shop. It was taking too much of my time and not a great amount in return, so I'm now Hair On Wheels and go to houses to do hair. No overhead. Nice.

On the downside, having the shop took up just enough of my time so that my house is a shambles, I haven't been taking care of my self the way I should and ... I just really missed being at home, cleaning the house, getting things organized so that when the kids come home from school, I can concentrate on them. It's been nice so far. I really need this time to take care of myself and center myself again. I have just been feeling so out of control.

Also on the downside, since I started my shop, I have gained all of the weight I lost a few years back and then some. I jsut went to the doctor and I am at exactly 200lbs. I weighed 201lbs when I was in labor for Kyle and there ain't no baby in there this time for an excuse!! So, I have anohter appointment on March 15th and the doctor told me she wants 15lbs off by then.

She also said that Sugar Busters is a great plan and I should get back to it. So I am. Doctors orders.

so, back to my old routine of posting my menu:

Breakfast: skipped it in case I needed to have a blood test

Lunch: Yogurt mixed with strawberries in the food processor (yummy) and some carrots. Will add more when I can get to the grocery store to buy more legal fare.

Dinner: Haven't planned it yet...but will involve some meat and probably a salad.

Snack: an apple and some cheese.

No time for replies...I have to put away laundry and wash dishes, then go for a walk before the kids get home.

Also, on my digital cable, a friend told me about Exercise on Demand!! I found Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. I made it through most of it and only had to stop a couple times because I lost the use of my legs temporarily...very leg-intensive...

I'm hoping to be on here more often and regular like I used to.

Replies later!!

TTFN!!

Kris
Old 01-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #92  

Techwife - Welcome Back! Don't beat yourself up just look at it as a new start. I'm wishing you the best and looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great day.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #93  
Determined Newbie

S/C/G: 383/321.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Kris! Welcome back! I'm with Mercee - don't beat yourself up. It sounds like you are off to a terrific start. 15 lbs. in 3 months is do-able and the fact that your MD likes SB I like her already!

I'm Upstate NY and am a TechWife, too. I'm sorry about your business. Mine failed in 2008 and we're still trying to recover. Not easy. I know what you mean about the house - our house is 170 years old and it's NEVER clean. With my kids home all day it often seems to be an insurmountable battle. I remember Flylady once saying that women who have weight problems often have messy and disorganized houses and it often feeds the angst cycle that perpetuates overeating. I know how I feel when my environs are clean and neat. When I was single I used to vacuum myself out the door. Oh, everything smelled so good!! I haven't felt that in *many* pounds. OK, you've convinced me. I'm going to get my DD's ipod and attack the kitchen. Don't worry. I won't eat - just clean. Had a very filling lo-carb tortilla burrito with last night's pork & 3 bean chili. It'll hold me to a late dinner.

Thanks for the good thoughts, everybody - keep 'em coming and have a great OP day! I hope to catch up with everybody individually later but for now I'd better strike while the iron is hot...

Dee
Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #94  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Feeling good

Good evening ya'll. Just got in from a walk. The weather was too perfect to make another excuse. It was a warm 64 degrees when I started out. The temps began to dip a bit toward the end but not too badly. Also did a little piddling in the yard today. The feed room was a disaster so it needed a little TLC. I don't usually mess out there but wanted to give Jess a little break.

Kris...howdy stranger. ((hugzz)) So good to have you back with us. Your wit and strength will only add to the board. I'm so glad that you have found a way to cut hair and still have your sanity. So sorry about the weight gain. You can see from my ticker same thing happened here. But this is a new day...right?

Solly...loved the tips.

This is gonna have to be a short one. Hey you clapping..LOL Time to start dinner.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Sorry I have been MIA!! I can't seem to catch up and then I got a cold.

CountryMom4Him: Iwas was so nice to hear of all your heart warming memories.

Solly: We watched All About Steve. It was so funny!!

Eating has been good. My DH made Shrimp Ettoffee for Dinner all week. He modified it a little for me. Using half a cup of flour and half a cup of stone ground whole wheat flour in the roux. Turned out amazing. Sunday Night I ate it over Broccli and Monday over Brown Rice.

Tonight I had scrambled eggs w/ spinach, cheese and salsa.

And I went to the gym again yesterday. The soreness has not set in yet but it will soon!!

I hope everyone is doing great!!
Till next time..........
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #96  
Determined Newbie

Scrappinhut! I was wondering about you too - I'm so glad to know that the news is all good. Way to go on the food choices and hitting the gym again. You do inspire me so! You're lucky I'm in NY or I would be stopping by for a cup of Ettoffee... I hope your cold clears up soon. My DH has been battling one for a week. It's a nasty one. You exercise with a cold? How determined you are!

Crystle, I don't blame you for taking that walk. It's "up" to 20 here and the wind is howling. I'll bet you had a glorious time!

Eating's been pretty good on this end. I just nibbled on almonds this morning because I was late. I had a burrito stuffed with last night's pork & 3 bean chili and cheese on a low-carb tortilla for lunch and I was pretty full all day after that. I finally settled for a small quesadilla with a bowl of cottage cheese & sf jello for dinner. Hit the spot. I guess the chili gave me some good veggies but I haven't had any fruit in a couple of days. My blood sugars are pretty good and I was 111 this morning - the lowest it's been in over a year. Encouraging!

I guess everybody's getting weighed tomorrow? I've been doing Saturdays but I guess I'll join y'all on the platform tomorrow and reset my weigh-in day. After such a big loss last week my body usually gains back a little in the week following, and this has only been 4 days, so I'm not expecting greatness. But I know I'm OP so I'll just settle for whatever fate deals me and keep on keepin' on.

Hope all's well with everybody! Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Dee
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #97  

Hello everyone. I'm so late getting on. I kind of stayed off the computer today because I had a bad night and wasn't feeling so hot. Hope tonight is better. We're going grocery shopping tomorrow, yippee. I'll be sure and get all the healthy stuff I need. Its finally going to be in the 40's tomorrow. Eating has been good. We had chili tonight for dinner. While we watched the Biggest Loser. The show hit home on so many points, I really enjoyed it.

NurseDee- That burrito sounded so good. I'm so hungry for some mexican food and I've got some whole grain tortilla's. I need to be making something. I'm worried about weigh in tomorrow since I had a good one last week I don't expect much.

scrappinhut- Its so nice your DH cooks such good meals for you. My guy is a good help in the kitchen but wouldn't even know how to cook something really complicated. Sorry about the cold hope its a mild one.

Crystle- Woopie for taking a walk. Thats so great. It would be so nice to get out and walk around but brrrr.... Thats amazing about the soda's. Thanks for the tip.

Mercee- Hope you had a great OP day.

Kris- Its so good to see you back. I missed your posts. Glad you found something with hair to do. I wish you lived around here. What a treat to have someone so qualified to come to your house. How are the kids?

Solly- Dang I can't believe your darn foot hasn't healed. How is the GS doing? Hope everyone gets well soon. Thanks for the tips I need all the help I can get. I'm doing good with eating and it sounds like you are too. That oatmeal is sure good on a cold morning. How'd you like Biggest Loser tonight? I always hate to see someone go.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

I sure don't know how women in their upper 50's have babies. I'm worn out. We still have the little guy. I had to pac him up for the sitter and make bottles. He messed everywhere and had to get another bath this morning at 5:30. I think he will be going home tonight. WIW has me at 185 today, that's 4 lbs down. I am happy with that. Gotta keep going downward. God luck to everyone.

Crystle, I am so glad you survived the crackers. We are here to help (along with your little guy). I am so jealous of 64 degrees. It was 18 here this morning, but on the bright side warming up to 40. Good job getting out there.

Tech: so glad to see you back. What a smart doctor. Sorry you have gained yoru wt back, but you did it before and this is our year so come on! As you will see we are all biggest Loser fans here and Jillian rocks.

Nursedee, I remeber Flylady. Funny she was right about how empowered you felt once you put on your tennis shoes.

Scrappinhut, hope your cold is better. I love funny movies.

Toni, I didn't watchBL yet. We still had the baby and we were going to watchthe UK game at 9:00 so I will catch it tonight or soon. Hope you are feeling better today.

I knew BOB wouldn't be back. Have a great OP day.

Last edited by Solly; 01-13-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #99  
Determined Newbie

No time this morning but checking in and being accountable.

+2.5 lbs.

Lesson learned: AVOID ATKINS BARS.

On to the next round. Will check in later. Great day to all!

Dee
Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #100  

Morning ladies:

I stayed the same as far as my wight, bu I am still encouraged to keep going. I have been OP with my eating. I also understand sometimes you don't lose weight every week. At least we have next week to look forward to.

Crystle- I love walking outside. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weather. WOW 64 degrees. We are warming up here it is suppose to be in the low 30"s. LOL I'm glad you got to piddle in the yard as well. I don't have a yard anymore it's all snow. Send some of your weather this way.

Scrappinhut-- Great job staying OP. Have fun at the gym tonight.

NuseDee- Your morning blood sugar is great Good Job. Don't worry about the weight it is probably water. I'm sure you did not eat (8750 calories worth of Atkins Bars). Keep going, we will have losses next week.

Toni- I hope you are feeling better today. Great job with your eating.

Solly- Congrats on your weight loss good job 4lbs. Keep it up. I hope you GS and DD are doing better. Having a baby in the house changes everything. I certainly could not handle a baby. It makes you wonder how we did it.

Have a great day all. Tonight I am back on the treadmill. I had to take 2 days off my leg was hurting. It feels fine now. Maybe I over did it.

Last edited by Mercee; 01-13-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #101  

Just a quickie...I've been avoiding housework and am still in my bathrobe. It's frikken freezing in here today.

NurseDee...where in NY are you? And what does your husband to in the tech field? I'm in the 1000 Islands and my husband works for Rite Aid as a field tech, fixing their registers, photo machines and prescription pill counters. I was on FlyLady once upon a time, too. Great ideas, in fact, I think I heard about it on here from Ellen, but it takes time to get into a groove with her. I'm slowly picking away at my house. I can't wait to get to a place where I can paint!!

Quick menu posting:

Breakfast: Cheese omlette and coffee. I am FRESH out of good veggies and fruit. I sent Derek off today with a grocery list to shop at Walmart. Did I mention my transmission is gone on my Blazer I bought a few years ago? I'm reduced to the Radio Flyer for shopping...which I don't mind...but I lost my debit card and Derek has the only one and so...shucks...Derek has to do the shopping...

Lunch: Something involving salad and maybe I'll do the thing with the vanilla yogurt and strawberries again.

Dinner: Probably chili with a salad...Derek will be home with the groceries by then.

OH! I just remembered I have a good sweet potato in the veggie bin I can cook for lunch! I'm trying...its hard when you're broke and have no wheels to shop.

Off to exercise!!! I can hear Jillian in my head and I better get to the TV before I slap her! I just have to make sure and wear a bra!!!

Last edited by techwife; 01-13-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #102  

Taking a break from Jillian because I realized I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Changed it to some Kashi cereal and an orange I found that wasn't in too bad of shape. Anyone know where I can buy a steel belted radial sports bra? Those jumping jacks are not boob friendly!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #103  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

I'm so glad I got to change my ticker this week down instead of up to match last week. My first loss of the new year is 3 pounds.

During my walk yesterday I took a peak at the garden and got a neat surprise. I think the swiss chard is going to rebound from the freeze. It looks a little wilted but I believe still edible. The carrots look wonderful. I pulled two of them and they actually made finger sized carrots. Not too sure about the beets but I believe they will be okay also. The mustard is iffy and the collards are gone.

Today's tip is pulled from one of my email devotionals but I think it's applicable to weight loss:

Courage
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.

It does not matter if you are taking baby steps as long as you are moving forward. Ask God to provide you with the willpower and discipline to find a small way to improve yourself today. Do it again tomorrow.

No time for replies today but each of you is on my heart and in my prayers.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Sorry to say I lost NO Weight last week. I am not happy!! The trainer did not seem to worried. I am really trying to not let it get me down.

My cold seems a bit better. I am trying to take it easy today..

NurseDee: I think you would be shocked if you did a few different excersices with a pair of 2 lbs weights. I know you can do it. Lift them over your head, out if front of you, put them by your side and lift up to work shoulders and so on. You can do it in front of the tv.

Solly: Congrats on the loss!! Amazing!!

Till Next Time.........
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Just peeking in. Tomorrow may be hectic,

NurseDee, I wouldn't worry about the gain, most likely water. Look at the big loss you will have next week.

Tech, Want to warm up? Get moving on the housework. I usually work up a sweat. The bra thingy was not a visual I wanted in my head I probably have the same troulbe with jumping jacks, plus one. I wet my pants I know TMI

Mercee, we are so obessessed with the scale we don't pat ourselves on the back for good eating and exercise. Good for you for noticing it. Get'em next week.

Crystle, Loved your tip. We all need to make even the smallest change daily, whether it be spiratual or eating. WTG on the 3 lbs. Keep it up. Must have been that walk yesterday!

Scrappinhut, Don't fret over no loss. You will get it next week. I love your motivation.

Off to get my nails done on the way home. Think I will not go with DH tonight and stay home and watch the BL. Still can't kick this quesey feeling.
Closed Thread