General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #541  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Yum

Sharing my odd dinner creation with ya'll. Since the boys are having nachos I used the chance to try something new. I am having tofu with curry power, Cayenne, and frajita seasoning that I sauteed like a steak. I'm also having whole green beans and tomatoes. Tofu kinda reminds me of the texture of eggs but it is a nice change. I've had it before just not like this.

Hope ya'll are having a super evening.

Email Tip:
Eat By The Clock
Forget eating three big meals a day. Eat around the clock. That doesn't mean bingeing on junk food whenever you see fit. Instead they encourage eating small, balanced meals. The body usually needs three to four hours to digest an average size meal. To prevent the body from going into starvation mode, you should refuel it on cue. This also prevents your blood sugar from dropping in between meals. Keep healthy snacks on hand, and enjoy them between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner.

I like a snack more than breakfast so I like this tip. *smile* I'm trying to eat my meals and have one healthy 250 or less snack a day. Today I had two snack. One was 50 calories...a apple cinnamon rice cake...and the other was 190..cracker snack pack.

Mercee..Thanks a million. Sometimes I get frustrated but I have to remember is it my years of eating disorders and ups and downs that have messed with my metabolism. Not to mention the fact that I'm getting older and need even less calories.

Toni..good luck with the journal. I think it really helps to know what you are eating. I sometimes use the scales or cups to check my measurements. I was at about 700 something before dinner. I haven't added dinner to it yet.

Solly...grand babies are a blessing for sure. Britt is suppose to bring little man over tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

Ellen..hoping tonight is going well.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #542  

Morning! I wanted to check in while I had a moment. My daughter is supposed to be bringing the baby over in a little while, so once she gets here, my time will no longer be my own!

Mother in law got in safely yesterday. So far, things are ok. I think she gets bored here, but I just don't know what to do to entertain her all the time.

Tomorrow we are going to my other daughter's for dinner. (the one with the three year old son...) The baby will love that as she just adores her cousin! My MIL will like seeing their new house too..and they are fixing dinner. I am supposed to take a salad. Ug. I am not into salads these days.

I just had breakfast...two pieces of gluten free bread made into cheese toast, and a cup of espresso.

I slept ok last night...not as long as I would like, but I don't think I woke up at all once I fell asleep. Funny how I can't remember these days! I used to be VERY aware!

Ok, off to do some prep for the weekend!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

COUNTRY: I love tofu! If you want some recipes, I have tons, message me on FB and I will send you some!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #543  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

So far so good. It is a beautiful day outside. We were gonna plant but other things have come up. But that is okay. Maybe tomorrow. I'm within the range of when I wanted to get planted. Nothing to eat this morning. Just not hungry. I'm sure I'll make up at lunch time. Robert has me drinking water again. Yesterday I barely fell short of the 64 ounce goal. There is not as much room for food or other drink with that much water. But you know me I ate just fine..LOL

Ellen..awesome about the tofu recipes. I will try and message you at FB. It is okay if your mother in law gets board. No one can entertain someone their whole visit. Hopefully she will just enjoy being with you guys.

((Everybody)) Hope you have a super day and it turns into a great OP weekend.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #544  

Wow I can't believe how lazy I've been about posting this week. Tomorrow I have a ladies conference at the church to go to. It lasts all day. And theres two meals served so I hope theres food I can eat there. Other than that I've been doing pretty good. Breakfast was 1 piece of toast with and egg on top. Lunch was an Amy's organic enchilada and a pile of cooked cauliflower. Snacks have been 2 Tablespoons of garlic hummus and 6 triscuits. And 1 oz. of walnuts. Not enough fruit, had one small glass of OJ.

Hope you all are having a great Friday.

Crystle- Did you get hungry? LOL

Ellen- Hope you're having a good time with your Grandbabies.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #545  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Over the 500 mark. Time to start a new thread.

Here's the link to the new thread.
Closed Thread