General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #31  

Crystle_ I made the chicken with the peppers and onions and BBq sauce. My family loved it. Have a great day.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #32  

I changed my tracker to reflect my weightloss goals for 2010!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #33  

Oh darn I lost my other post. I lost 4 lbs this week. Yippee its working finally going in the right direction.

Mercee- Congradulations on the 3 lbs.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Well, my first official weigh in of the new year is 191.6. I was really really hoping to see 190 or below but maybe next week. I'll just leave my ticker until then and if it doesn't go down I'll correct it.

I was SO sad when I thought the first two teams were going home without any help at all. I should have known it was a trick. My son walked in and asked me why I was crying and I told him I felt bad for those going home. I am such a goober.

Mercee..awesome. I'm so glad ya'll liked it. I'm almost out of agave to make my sauce with. Last night we just had a fend for yourself night and I ate the rest of the spaghetti squash with the bbq sauce on it. Congrats on your weight loss!!

Toni...Congratulations on a GREAT loss to start your new year. Stay warm.

Scrappinhut...too cool to have a personal trainer. I'm so out of shape I can't even do the wall sit for 30 seconds. I did do some wall push ups last night.

((Everybody)) You are worth the effort.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon ladies, Brr it is cold here also. I guess we are getting Toni's snow tonight. I am so dreading it. I don't want anything to stope me from getting my shot. Knew I couldn't get 2 nights of sleep in a row. Up @ 3:30 and my hands are killing me. Did go to the gym last night. I am going tonight as I won't be able to go tomorrow due to the shot.
I loved BL last night. But I hated how the 2 couples got sent home immediately. I hate when they send anyone home. They are there b/c they need it and they all should be able to stay. I think they should have a smaller ranch down the street with other trainers they get to go to and not be on TV but able to stay and lose their weight. If we are weighing in today, I am down 9 lbs. Now don't get jealous, it is water as I take 3 diuretics a day and when I don't get them all in, I pick up water weight unbelievably fast. But at least I like the number on the scale much better.

Mercee, WTG on your 3 lbs. I can't imagine how cold it is in Chicago and 12"of snow

Crystle, I am so happy that we detered you from eating all those chips. Baby steps! You did good. I know those 2 couples were going to get help, but I wish they could have been there at elast a week.

Scrappinhut, hope your training session was good. Mine never killed me, but at least I was sweating when I left there. I actually bought 8 sessions last week since they were running a special, but I am not starting them until I have been back to the gym a month and all the soreness worked out any after I have my foot checked out again.

Toni, Veggie soup sounds so good right now. We had some at a freinds last week and it was really good. Mine is just not great. Congrats on your 4 lbs. You are doing great!

I'm glad we all watch the BL. Maybe it will give us some added motivation. Better run, my hands are killing me and it is hard to type. I need to change my ticker also. Have a great night and stay OP. It's just DH & me for dinner so I didn't fix anything. WhenI asked him what he wanted to do he suggested frozen pizza. I told him, he could eat it but I wasn't. Guess I will settle for soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

See you tomorrow
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #36  

I kept my original starting weight from 6 years ago as it helps me to see what I did in the past, but added a current year one afterwards.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #37  

Oh boy Solly I can't wait till I get to 189. It will really show me I'm losing. I should have put my orginal weight on mine and maybe I will next time. It would make me feel a little better. Its starting to snow here. I'm dreading the cold thats coming behind it.

Crystle- I was so sad when those people were leaving BL last night. And happy they might get to come back. Especially the yellow couple.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

happy new year everyone,

wanted to get in on the weigh in wednesday, a whopping 210! but much better than the high of 265 from last year.....the best way for me to lose is sugarbusters and reading this board. i may not always post but i do take a lot of the support and advice to heart.

i am a big fan of the biggest loser, it will be interesting to see how this season goes, was sad to see the twins separated but glad to see how well james and his wife have done at home, he just might win the at home prize.

is there a place on this site with legal recipes? i am need of comfort, warm foods, i live in western cincinnati and this former florida girl is freezing!

thanks for all your help...

chris
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #39  

Hi ladies,

I jusr wanted to check in since I had a really hectic day at work I just finished walking on my treadmill. I feel great because I have become consistent with it. My off days are Sunday and Tuesday. I feel really inspired and motivated since I started posting here again. You ladies rock. I really appreciate all the support here.

Toni- Congrats on your loss Great job!

Countrymom- I wish I weighed 191. I don't remeber the last time I was at that weight. I'm sure you will do just fine next week.

Solly- 9 lbs WOW!!! Congratulations! I hope your hands feel better after your shot. Kep up the good work.

Happynow- Congrats on getting to 210lbs what a great job.

Well I am getting tired now I think I will get ready and go to bed. I'm waiting for our big snowfall tonight and tommorrow. Have a great night all.

Last edited by Mercee; 01-06-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #40  

The weather outside is frightful, but the snow is not delightful. O how I hate snow. I think it is beautiful, but I hate having to drive in it.

Toni, this is the year you WILL be getting to 189. I was just thinking last night that for us that has started fresh in Jan, it will take one month of good eating for us to really see results. So we must stay patient and stay on task to see results. Then we will be motivated to keep on going. We can do this.

Chris, Congratulations on being at 210. You will be out of the 200's in no time. Stay warm.

Mercee, I don't know how you deal with all that snow in Choago and the cold temps. I guess you all are better equipped to deal with it than we are. we had a dusting at 7:00 and traffic was at a snails pace.

Better get going, we have a bid today and it will be hectic. I just hope the snow is cleared so I can get my shot this afternoon or I will have to have him come by my house on the way home and give it to me.

Have agreat OP day
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Good Morning All,

The Biggest Loser was great. To me it is seeing all my fears in front on me. I know that I could be one of them if I don't take and stay in control of myself.

The training session went well. I am going to see her once a month. She gave me a a routine to do and I will rotate it with my cardio til our next session.

Been very good about reading my labels and serving sizes.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

BTW First Wed. weigh in was 164.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #42  

I'm with Solly if you have to be out in the snow I hate it. And we have to go out tomorrow so I'm hopeing this goes away. But of course its so cold out it won't. Luckily the snow plow went down our hill this morning. Eating has been good. I watched the show called Food Inc. and it sure made me aware of how much corn is in our food. Why America is so fat.

Solly- I hope you can drive to get your shot this evening. Be careful out on those roads. I agree with you that it will take a month to be able to see any progress. Finally working toward it is a relief.

scrappinhut- Good going on the workout. Keep up the good work. I really liked the Biggest Loser Tues. night too.

Well need to go get something to eat. Might be a bowl of cherrios.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #43  
Determined Newbie

S/C/G: 383/321.4/150

Hey, ladies! Happy New Year!

I'm sorry I've been AWOL. Been mostly on plan but my blood sugars were getting worse. The insulin helped but it packed 10 LBS OF FAT in my gut in less than 2 months so I'm OFF. Dr. started me back on a very low dose of meds again to help the SB along but I'm a little discouraged. Oh, well, have to do what I have to do. I'm getting therapy for a week before I start to do Wii fit again. Wish me luck.

Wow! Everybody here is doing so great!!! Congratulations to you all! How inspiring you all are!

Solly, 9 lbs! Water or not, I'd take it and run! I'm sure there's more than a little fat missing, too! I hope your hands feel better soon. Is it rheumatoid?

Scrappinhut, welcome to your new beginning! Enjoy the ride - you'll do great!

Toni! Mercee! What fantabulous losses! Awesome!! And right after the holidays, too - you rock!

Crystle, congrats on being under 200 - 190 will come and go really soon with your good eating habits! Hey, can you tell me how you make your BBQ sauce? I just bought some agave and I have pork that I wanted to crock pot with BBQ sauce but they're so high in sugar. I'd really appreciate it!

Hope to see some of the quiet ones around here again soon. I tend to lurk a lot when I'm busy, but I read up on everybody every day. So keep it coming!!

Have a great day,
Dee
Old 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon.

Talk about road blocks. Yesterday I was hit with a barrage of goodies both at my daughter's and mother's house. God was with me and I was able to pass on them for the most part. I did have a nibble here and a nibble there but considering I didn't get to eat until about 4:30 I'm pleased. Tonight I'm making unrolled cabbage rolls for dinner. Basically ground beef, onions, rotel, tomato sauce and shredded cabbage cooked until tender. I'm too lazy to roll the cabbage and this way you get WAY more cabbage than meat.

Daily Email Tip:

Beware: Don't Eat From The Bag
Don't eat from a bowl or bag. It's one of the fastest ways to deviate from your plan. Sitting down with a bag of chips or box of cookies encourages mindless eating. You're more likely to keep going and going. Before you realize it, you've consumed four servings and far too many calories. Set aside one serving size and seal your snack of choice until next time.
More Tips

NurseDee..sorry to hear that your sugars are giving you fits but I know as you continue OP they will get better. ((hugzz)) I made my BBQ sauce with ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco, garlic powder and agave. I don't use exact amounts but I do add them in the order above as to which one there is more of. I hope that makes sense.

Toni...I haven't seen that but it sounds interesting. When we were growing up mama would always tell us that farmers feed pigs corn to make them fat so go easy on the cornbread.

Solly...praying for good weather so you can get your hand taken care of. ((hugzz))

Mercee...thanks for the encouragement. Too cool that you have a treadmill. I've tried to talk hubby into getting another. I had one once and walked on it until I killed the motor. You would think that would prove to him I would use the new one.

Scrappin' awesome on reading labels. That is so important. Many times something will look healthy and it has hidden ingredients.

Ellen...sure miss hearing from you.

Bob...missing you too.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #45  

Just had Italian sausage and spaghetti for dinner. I think I had to much meat. And I should have had a salad. Next time I will. Its taking a while to eat the right combo of foods. I need to start dinner earlier so I'm not starving when dinner time is here.

Crystle- Thanks for the tips. I love cabbage rolls but yours sounds so good. I need to get the stuff and make yours.

NurseDee- Good to see you back again. Sorry about your BS. Hope they get better soon.

Everyone stay warm. Its so dang cold here.
Closed Thread