General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #76  

Woo hoo Bob is here. Good to see ya..... Glad Kate is getting better. Sorry she had a rough time. Come join us we miss you. This is our year Bob we can do it...
Old 01-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #77  

Crystle- I forgot did you put anything in your cabbage except hamburger and onions? Sorry I couldn't find the post.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #78  
Determined Newbie

S/C/G: 383/321.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Bob! The famous BOB!! I'm glad to see you at last! I've heard many good things about you. Put the fat stuff behind you and jump back in. I look forward to hearing more from you!

Toni, put also a can of tomato sauce and a can of rotel. I used a bag of cole slaw mix and let it cook till it was pretty limp. I also added black pepper to taste because I'm a glutton for the heat punishment. It's SO SIMPLE but SO TASTY. I put it over brown rice for the rest of my family but I'm trying to avoid rice, whole grains, and whole grain pasta till I lose more weight and my blood sugars get better. I truly didn't miss it! I will be making that delicious dish again very soon!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Dee
Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #79  

NurseDee- Oh yea I remember now. Thank you. Can't wait to try it.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #80  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good evening

Talk about a mess. We'd get one pipe fixed and then find another one blown. All on the hot water side. Prayerfully in about 30 minutes when it's all dry it will be up and running. To top that off the sink refuses to drain and we can't find the clog so we are doing a temporary fix on that.

Bob...awesome to see you. ((hugzz)) Sorry bout the cold weather. I know it's a toot.

NurseDee...yes we HS. I've been teaching the children going on eleven years straight now. There were a few years off and on before that. Three are out of the house so it's just the two boys now. They have completely different learning styles but have found a way to adjust to the same curriculum. My oldest daughter attended a semester of college and found that she was able to acclimate. She is very social so wasn't always happy with the HS choice. I don't regret it for one minute. It wasn't always easy but God knew what he was doing when he changed my heart. I was very anti-home school. It's a good thing I'm not the one in charge. LOL

Toni...Hope you like the cabbage. Zachary does not like cabbage and that is the only way I've found that he likes it. He doesn't eat brussel sprouts either so I have to split them in half and caramelize them in olive oil. He will eat this minimum of three that way.

Gotta run.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #81  

Default Cracker Cravin's

I know it seems like something little but I really really want some saltines. They for some reason are a comfort food for me. I told my youngest earlier that I could just eat four and said no they are not legal for me. He said, "How about three" and gave me a chuckle. I really don't want to cave because I believe one cave leads to another cave and then another cave. There are a gazillion reasons I can think of to go off plan just ONE time. I hope by sharing my struggle this evening it might help some one going through the same thing. And the selfish side of me hopes being accountable will keep me out of them. Oh and some super news...I have HOT water..LOL I feel like the most blessed woman in the world.

((Everybody)) Hope you are having a good evening.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #82  

Get your mitts out of them crackers.....
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #83  
Determined Newbie

Hope you made it, Crystle. That's EXACTLY what I said with the Atkins bars. And the next one. And the next one. And the next one. All the way through 1 single bar and 2 5-packs!!! It isn't worth it. It truly isn't. Being victorious over it is SO much more delicious. Is it the salt you're craving or the hi-gly comfort of crackers and mashed potatoes and potato bread toast with half a cube of butter on it? That kind of craving is irreplaceable as far as I know. I think the comfort comes from the stupification that comes from rising blood sugars...:sigh:

I don't have an answer for you but I do think you need to go give your youngest a nice smooch on the head. "Out of the mouths of babes", yes?

Hang in tihere. Nobody said it'd be easy, but it's soooooooooo worth it! Congrats on the hot water! We have so many blessings and don't miss 'em till they're taken away.

Have a good night and I hope to see everybody tomorrow!

Dee
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #84  
Determined Newbie

P.S.

GREAT JOB coming here first!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Morning,
It's been a busy one for me. I feel like I have worked a whole day and it's just 8:30. When I got home fro the gym, my DD called and said she thought she had the virsus could I take the baby. So off we go to get him. He is much better and I loved spending my time with him. He awoke as I was getting inthe shower. I turned on his mobile until I could finish. I peeked in and when he saw me he just brok out in the biggest grin. What a great way to start your day. it just melted my heart. So I fed him and he sat in his chair while I got ready. I tried to get him to sleep before I left, but he wanted no part of that so my other DD had to get up with him. She will keep him all day instead of sending him to the sitter. I just hope this thing doesn't spread through the whole family.
Just finished my yogurt and berries with a tad bit of granola. It was so good. I must try that cabbage roll recipe. It sound delish. My foot is not healed. He thinks 3-4 more weeks, but I bet it will be longer. He had to dig some blood out of my heal on the other foot. He said it was from cracked skin. I just had a pedicure 3 weeks ago and I try to keep vaseline on them with socks. Guess I had better spend a little more grooming time.

Mercee, I'm happy this board is helping you. I think it is a good thing too. Thanks for your wishes for my GS. I think he is much better but now my DD has it.

Crystle, we like starting the morning with you also. You are like our sunshine in our day. I'm sorry our little one was sick also. It is hard especially for first time parents. I think they went into panic mode, but I couldn't remember what to do it had been so long. I liked your point of view about looking at the whole picture. I think I do look at one time or one mistake more than I should. I love your tips. I haven't gotten any good ones this week. It is supposed to warm up here tomorrow so would imagine you will be getting some warmer temps too.

Nurse Dee, 14 kids! Is she still sane? I can't imagine in this day and age. She is truly blessed. I was very happy with my two girls. My foot is not healed, he says 3-4 weeks, but I know it will be more just sine it has taken so long. Maybe by summer I will be able to wear normal shoes. What size tomato sauce did you use in the cabbage. I love the idea of using slaw mix.
We need you make your saying in your last post our motto of this board. Nobody said it'd be easy, but it's soooooooooo worth it!
Toni, I have been wanting oatmeal for a week now. Seems like I either run out of time or something else comes along. Maybe tomorrow. 22 years is a great accomplishment. Congrats.

Bob, I fainted. Glad Kate is doing so well. Yes you need to get back on here and post more. It will help. We have a good group again and you will gain support from it. Are you coming back. You always say you are and you never do.

Go
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #86  

Morning Ladies:

Wow so much is going here since I posted yesterday.

Crystle: I am so glad you have hot water! Hope you made it without the crackers if not just pick yourself up and keep going.

Bob- Glad to know you are doing well. I'm sure you are shell shocked with the weather. I heard on the news this morning how people who usually come to Florida for the winter are shocked. LOL I hope the weather gets better for you soon.

Toni- I hope you enjoyed the cabbage yesterday. Let me know.

Solly-Hope your DD gets better soon. I'm glad you enjoyed you GS.

I'm glad tonight Biggest Loser is coming on, so far my favs are the green team and the white team. I usually watch it before the weekend I DVR it.

Well ladies I gotta go know. Have wonderful day.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #87  

Scrappinhut _ Where are YOU!!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #88  

Morning NurseDee _ I didn't mean to leave you out. Have a great day. I'll check in later.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #89  

Default Good Morning

I can't tell ya'll what a blessing you truly are. I felt a little silly posting about my cravings last night. But ya'll made me feel like I was talking to a good friend and it really helped me past the cravings. I can't wait until the kids eat them and they are out of the house. There is praise music playing on my computer. It is an amazing 51 degrees right now. The sun is shining and the world just feels right. ..

Diet Tip from email:

The Danger of Diet Sodas
Eliminate soda. These sugar-loaded, caffeinated beverages have no nutritional value whatsoever. A 12-ounce can of cola contains 144 calories. If you consume at least three sodas a day, that's a total of 432 calories. Even diet sodas are dangerous. Although they boast 0 calories, a recent study showed that people who consumed diet pop had a higher risk of becoming obese.

It won't let me change colors again today..err

Solly...I think it is so cool that you are able to help your daughter with the baby so she can focus on getting well. We are going to pray and believe that foot is going to be well in 3 to 4 weeks like the doctors said. You've had to put up with it long enough. ((hugss))

Mercee...you have such a beautiful spirit. ((hugzz))

Toni...You made me laugh so hard last night when I read your post. I kept the mitts out of the crackers thanks to some smiles and some encouragment from ya'll. ((hugzz))

NurseDee...isn't it good to have the triggers out of the house. No more bars to tempt you. ) When you posted about the potato bread I forgot about the crackers for one second and was glad I didn't have potato bread..LOL I need to get some wheat out of the freezer so I can't grind it. At least then I could splurge on some legal healthier bread. On the today show this moring they said that postmenopausal women who ate 11 servings of whole grain a week cut health risks by one third. Another incentive to give up the white and go for the whole grain. ((hugzz))

Scrappinhut...((hugzz)) Hope you are having a good day.

Ellen...((hugzz)) I think of you often and hope you are doing well. It's not the same with out you here.

Bob...((hugzz)) Are you frozen? Looking forward to you posting more.

Each of you brings something to this board and to the lives around you. Be encouraged and enjoy the journey.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Just got 2 good tips especially since we were talking about eating off plan. I like the rewards idea. I was going to reward myself with a skinny latte from Starbucks once a week if I ate good all week. I did, but I can't seem to get there. Enjoy

Slip Up Plan
Mistakes are inevitable, but that one cookie doesn’t have to turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet. Create a plan with step by step instructions to prevent one incident from sabotaging your whole routine. Let’s say you ate one too many h'orderves at a friend’s gathering. If your plan says to wake up early the next day do yoga for 30 minutes then forget the guilt and stick to the plan.

Bribe and Reward
Health may be our number one priority, but a little something extra for not skipping a workout in three weeks doesn’t hurt. It’s silly to believe that wanting to be healthy will always overpower mom’s homemade lasagna, which is why rewards and bribes are key. Set weekly goals along with small rewards to stay on track, but try to avoid too many high-calorie rewards.
Closed Thread