General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #151  

Good morning everyone. Well I made it through yesterday. Need to up my water and I did have some extra nuts. So need to watch that. I'm trying to get up a little earlier. Its hard to go from late nights and late mornings to regular hours. It seems like I need to change my whole life. I'm getting there LOL slow as a turtle. Today I get a much needed permanent at the beauty shop. Yippee...

scrappinhut- You go girl. You're doing great. Your trout sounds good.

Kris- You're doing it slow but sure. Its so hard when you're trying to change bad eating habits to good ones. It just takes time. I think thats so great you go to people houses to do their hair. Man I wished you lived near me.

Solly- Wow what an inspiration you are. Your eating and working out are so great. I haven't started on the treadmill yet but I will. Will be glad to hear how the cabbage dish goes, maybe over brown rice would be good.

Happy Day all...
Old 01-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #152  

Morning Ladies:

I'm glad to see we are all doing better since the weekend. I managed to workout last night on my treadmill and I stayed OP with my eating. Sorry I don;t have time for individual posts. I hope to get back later. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #153  

Hello, Ladies! Happy New Year! Its been a ride for me...I started going to a chiropractor a friend recommended. She recommended I go off eggs for a month to see if I felt better without them, as she thought they might be causing some inflammation. So I did. I had already gone on a gluten free diet a few months before, so now I am eating gluten free and egg free. Its very very hard to do! I eat a lot of lean protein, and vegetables. I am avoiding almost all starches as well. Am I losing? Nope..and my blood sugar levels are terrible. So I am feeling really discouraged. I am doing one thing good - I have been going to water aerobics at least twice a week. Last week I went three times, and I hope to keep that up now.

I skimmed the posts, and I am pleased to see some new folks here! yay!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #154  

Ellen- Its so good to see you posting. We've all missed you. I can't believe what a hard time you're having. Seems like the weight should be coming off of you. Why oh why??? Keep up the good work and surely it should start dropping off. Thats so great you're swimming.

Mercee- Good going for you. Sounds like you're doing great.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #155  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Eating has been decent. I hope the scales are good to me tomorrow...LOL It is beautiful outside. I should be out there walking. Maybe when I finish with this and my email.

I have a rabbit in the oven and it smells really good. I think I'll make brown rice and sweet potatoes to go with it.

Email tip:

The Ideal Time To Shop
Shop on a full stomach. When you're hungry, anything and everything looks good to eat. From cookies to subs to frozen pizza, it's simple to throw caution to the wind and indulge in guilty pleasures without thinking about the repercussions. Before you hit the grocery store, enjoy a healthy meal or snack. You'll be less likely to splurge on those unhealthy offerings that are so tempting when you're in a hunger crisis.

This thing drives me batty when I can't change the colors. Then again my family says I'm already batty..

Solly...we just eat the cabbage as is. But it would also be good with brown or basmati rice.

Ellen...so sorry that the scales are not moving down. Your diet seems very challenging. I hope that you find you will be able to incorporate some of the foods back on your no-no list if they won't hurt you.

Toni..I've been eating some nuts lately and I think they are helping me stay OP between meals.

Scrappinhut...keep up the good work. I just bought some of the double fiber bread you were talking about. It's priced a lot better than the other wheat breads in my area.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #156  
Determined Newbie

S/C/G: 383/321.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello, everyone!!

OP continues. I let myself get really hungry this morning and didn't eat until 2 because I had stuff going on. I needed some soup because now I'm getting the sore trachea that everybody in the house has been getting. I looked for the lowest carbs and believe it or not it was chicken noodle. It felt really good to my throat. Hope it doesn't mess up my BSs.

Ellen, it's good to see you! I've been wanting to hear more from you. I'm really sorry that you're having such a tough time. Are you journaling what you eat? I would guess you are if you're working with the doctor, but just a suggestion...sometimes it can help to figure it all out. My heart is with you! Don't give up, and keep up the water aerobics. I used to do that when we lived in California...it was in a therapy pool (90 degrees!) - oh how I loved how it all felt. There's nothing like that where I am in NY now...I never wanted to get out! Hope things get better for you really soon.

Toni, I can think of worse things to eat than nuts. Your heart will love you for it! Though the calories can really add up. I ask my DD to weigh out 2 oz. for me in a ramekin so that I don't touch the jar LOL. I agree that it really helps me get through the day.

Crystle, when we have the cabbage (did again last night!) we have it on brown rice. It is the ultimate comfort food. Even my veggie-hating kids gobble it up and look for seconds. I put minced garlic in ours, too, and sprinkle it with 2% shredded Mexican cheese. I know - Mexi-Hungarian! HA! It really works, though. To really make it kicked up we also put on Vietnamese hot garlic sauce. Truly an international wonder. I know I will be making this a lot!

Everybody, keep up the great work - I have to get going. Roast beef in the crock pot with mushrooms, onion soup mix, and cream of mushroom soup with garlic and pepper - TJ's spelt on the side and maybe a side of salad. I've been lacking in my veggies again...

Fingers crossed for all of us at the scale tomorrow. Hugs all around!!

Dee
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Has anyone posted the cabbage recipe everyone keeps talking about anywhere or is it from a website?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #158  

Morning ladies:

I guess I am the first to weigh in. I am down 2lbs. I feel great and I have stayed OP. I also added 10 minutes to my treadmill workout. At least for now I feel like I am in control. LOL It is still in the 30's here. At 1east it is not below zero like it usually is this time of year.

Scrappinhut- I'm looking for the cabbage recipe also. I sure hope someone twill post it.

NuseDee- I hope you are feeling better tody. I'm sure the soup won't do any damage.

Crystle- I hope your rabbit turned out well. My dad use to eat rabbit. Did you get your walk in?

Hi Toni and Solly I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Welcome back Ellen. Well I have to get back to work. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #159  

Where is everyone?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #160  

Good morning. Well I had such a bad week last week I'm surprised and happy I lost 1/2 lb. Thats great for me. Hopefully next Wed. will be better.

Mercee- A great big congrads on losing the 2 lbs. you must be over the moon. Keep up the good work. The cabbage dish is on here maybe a page or two back.

NurseDee- Oh no I hope you're not going to get sick or is it to late for that? Get lots of rest... And drink that soup.

Crystle- I hope your rabbit turned out good. We ended up with roast and brown rice.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #161  

Toni- Congrats on your weight loss. I plan to try the cabbage recipe this week.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #162  
Addicted to potato salad!

<rubbing my eyes for clarity> ELLEN!! I've missed you!!

Well, the 30-Day-Shred is no longer on Exercise on Demand. I've tried different videos, but I really just want to put on my sneakers and power walk around town. I think that's best. Eating is back on track:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with green peppers and mushrooms, 1/4 cantaloupe and small glass of NSA orange juice and a WW sandwich round, toasted with peanut butter

Lunch: Some turkey, a banana and some yogurt

Snack: Something involving peanuts and lots of water

Dinner: TBA, but will involve a salad and some meat. maybe hamburger patties.

No time for replies...have to get moving.

TTFN!!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #163  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Weight in wasn't as good as I had hoped because I ate brown rice last night. I knew that I knew that I knew it was going to bloat me. But all whining aside I lost a pound so I am happy. Down is better than up. The rabbit came out wonderful. I cooked it in the oven in my grandma's magnalite roasting pan until it fell off of the bone. The juice was scrumptious because it had bell pepper, onion and celery in it. I put the juice over the brown rice. It was very filling. Tonight I am going to take the left over rice and rabbit mix with refried beans and make burritos. I love when I can stretch a meal.

Cabbage Recipe:
Shredded Cabbage
Ground beef
Onion/ Garlic
Cajun Seasoning
A can of Rotel
Tomato sauce

You brown the meat, onion and spices. Add the shredded cabbage and other ingredients. Cook until tender. That's it.

Toni...WTG any weight down is a good thing. I'm with you, I'm looking forward to next Wed.

Mercee...I did get in my walk. It was so beautiful out. My yard is a giant mud hole but the road wasn't too bad. It's already 72 so I'm hoping to get out again today. Congratulations on your weight loss.

NurseDee...We like the cabbage with rice but to save calories I don't usually make it. Now when I do the unstuffed peppers I have to add the rice. I'm thinking seriously of making that soon. The garlic sauce sounds good. I really really love spicy foods. My family eats spicy but not as much as me. When I make salsa if I made it to my taste they wouldn't eat it. Hope your throat is feeling better today.

Solly...hope you aren't working too hard.

If anyone didn't get a loss today don't give up. Any one of us can have an up day even following our plan perfectly. ((hugzz))

Congrats to all LOSERS..

God bless,
Crystle
Old 01-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #164  
Addicted to potato salad!

I forgot weigh-in Wednesday. According to MY scale (which i tried to callabrate to the doctor's shocking number), I'm down 5 pounds. I'm trying not to be too excited because i know the first few come off easy.

I just got in from a rather invigorating power walk, then came home and did some crunches and push ups. I would rather do the power walk around the village than a video anyway.

Okay...time for a shower and a ten-second tidy on the house! TTFN!!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi, just a quickie,we are working on a proposal.

WIW has me down 2.5 pounds. Not sure that is good, but I will take it for now. I got on and it had me up 3 lbs then I tried again and I was down 2-3 so I weighted about 5 times and the 2-3 stuck, so I' going with it.

Tech, take the five and enjoy it.

Mercee, WTG on your 2 lbs.

Crystle, 1 is better than nothing.

Toni, 1/2 is great. Hang in there.

OK I need all your good vibes to make my dinner a legal one tonight. I only have about 600 calories to spare. I can do this.

Be back tomorrow with more posts.
Closed Thread