General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #121  

Hello everyone,
Maryblu: you kill me... it is like the grownups are away! HA!

I am having a hard time keeping up with everyone too... but SO relate to what people are talking about.

Thanks BBE for the reminder of the toothbrushing analogy! I really am impressed with you being able to leave part of that porkchop.... and I will be thinking about you at the conference with all of the temptations around... you can do it! your plan sounds realistic and satisfying.

I am hoping to get a good, long bike ride in this weekend. I would like to do at least the 12 miles that I will do in the triathlon in August so I have a baseline time. DD will be at ski school and some friends are taking her with their daughter so I can have some mommy time (I am a single mom)...NICE!

CoastalSue: hello to you! HOpe your weather there is better than up here in Seattle area... RAIN!!!

No big challenges today..tomorrow is a pizza banquet for DD's basketball team. I will plan my food with that in mind.

Goodnight, Heidi
Old 03-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #122  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Day 24 Diminish Discouragement

Hello Coaches

As if to press the point to me, today's Beck topic on my to-do list is diminish discouragement. I weighed in yesterday morning at 252.6. And today, when I do my "official" weigh-in I am 254. I am down 1.2 this week, but not the 3+ that I had thought I would see.
diminish discouragement diminish discouragement diminish discouragement I'm puffy. I had restaurant food for dinner. I should have exercised more. I should have had more water... who knows? Who cares? To practice something from this week: Response Card#20 Oh, well. I don't like this but I'm going to accept it and move on....
And then there's the card before it
Response Card#19
Celebrate! I should celebrate every half-pound loss!
I have two of them there half-pounders to w00t over! w00t!w00t!
And today's offical response card#21: Advice to a Friend
I know what I'd tell my friend: You're doing it! It's working! You'll see that number soon enough. Who cares how long this takes. The facts are you are losing the weight, you are staying on program (WOW THIS IS THE BEST PART OF IT ALL!) And all this effort is worth it. Keep going. This is all working.

Other than this stuff, I have drawing homework to deal with over the weekend. I've got my grocery list and I am going shopping soon. That's about it and that's enough. My March break is almost done but I've got a long weekend to look forward too next weekend so it ain't all bad Oh and a trip to see Wayne Newton mid week! haha! Gee. Life is good.

All the best to those who read this
Old 03-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #123  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good Morning my Beck Friends....

I am hanging my head in shame. I totally and completely lost all my principles this morning. totally forgot... sat down and did NOT eat mindfully or slowly at ALL!

my plan for weekends is to just work on the prior weeks days.... as an ADHD person, weekends without a routine are difficult for me and i fear my new stuff will suffer so I have to practice it.

btw.... yesterday was bad for me food wise by choice. I did have a choice. I choose to eat birthday cake and have a full enjoyed meal at the japanesse steak house to celebrate my birthday.

BUT CREDIT MOI I came home and did not have MORE birthday cake (i had already had 3 pieces) and I said NO to myself. AND I did NOT have birthday cake for breakfast which i would have done in past lives..... i made my veggies and eggs... sadly i forgot to savor it....
Old 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 215/205/155

Height: 5'8"

Maryblu, I am so grateful for your kind and very encouraging words this morning. They were especially valuable, as I got up this morning in not such a good place. The rebel in me was rearing her not-so-pretty head. After all, it’s the weekend, don’t I deserve to take it easy, have a treat, not work so hard at this all, and on and on, blah blah blah.

I’m a binge eater, and last night I ate one of my trigger foods. Not planned. My plans for dining out had been foiled and I was going to have to eat my Friday dinner alone… already a set up, and I knew it. Well, even though I tried to stick within my plan, I ended up eating too much.
They don’t call them “trigger foods” for nothing. When I pick them up, I take aim, and fire!

But I am going to take *credit* here for getting a grip on myself, and jumping ahead in the Beck book last night and reading her fabulous chapter (Day ??) on stopping eating after a slip.

I typed out the card she recommends, verbatim, and instantly saw the logic in her graphic overeating “pyramid”. Wow. I loved that. It made total sense to me, and I *credit* myself for “accepting” the common sense in this and not eating everything in my kitchen, which is what I would normally do if I “slipped.”

I woke up this morning so depressed that I had gone off plan, but jumped online and read your message. It was perfect. I threw out the rest of my trigger foods, dumped my trash, and jumped in my car and got the healthy groceries I had planned to get anyway. I didn’t allow the negative thoughts to kill the rest of the day for me. Oh, they crossed my mind! But I didn’t dwell on them.

I am determined to work through this program. I am completely in agreement with you that CT will work no matter what, if you do the work. And like you said, she (Beck) lays it out day by day, step by step, and so non-judgmentally or authoritatively, even the rebel in me has a hard time finding fault with her method. <smile>

I haven’t even read what my task is for today!! LOL So I’ll be back later to respond more.

Thanks Coach! And thanks for the laughs too! You really pulled me out of my own private dumpster this morning!!

HEY CammieCam!! Thinking about you girl!! You still with us??

Later,

Ellen

Last edited by SeaChild; 03-15-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #125  
ONEderland here I come!

Seachild/Ellen hugs to you darling... i too want to celebrate and eat this weekend... it's my birthday weekend.... i deserve to eat what i want right?

well NO....

good for you and for me for getting back on track as soon as we can!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow great posts everyone. I think it is one of those mornings. Here I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself and then I logged on here and read these posts. It was like cold water thrown in my face....in a good way. It made me realize I was reverting to old ways. I know Beck works. I just have to do it anyway.
Thank you all for your posts.
I am still trying to figure out what diet I want to follow.
Have a great day everyone.
Ann
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #127  
ONEderland here I come!

Ann,

maybe we need to figure out what you like to eat.

I love that I can have unlimited veggies on my plan
i like that i can have low fat cheese
i like that i can be flexible and eat something NOT on plan and not ruin it forever (this was the key for me)
i like that i don't count calories or points. i have a great list of food to eat.... and if i eat food not on the plan it's not the end of the world....

this works for me.

we gotta help you figure out what works for YOU!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Height: 5'4"

I am off today and my younger son still really sick and I had to pull out the nebulizer and give him a breating treatment,we have not had to use it at all this year until now.We watched movies last night and just relaxed.Today I have been getting some cleaning done and I still have to get Easter decorations out not to mention shop for baskets.Easter candy is real hard for me so I am waiting till right before the weekend for that.I usually get some other little things like blockbuster gift cards or little toys so it is not all candy.How is everyone going to handle Easter.I am figuring I will buy some small porions of my favorite chocolate and allow myself small portions and make the kids baskets off limits.Easter dinner I just plan to have one plate of dinner except salads or veggies and one or two small pieces of dessert.I have got to plan ahead and I will probably make a sugarfree jello fruit mold to bring.Good food day today so far and ham in the oven for dinner,I am making peas and boxed scalloped potatoes with 1% milk and light butter.I am back to doing the ww points with a focus on core foods and my motto today is NO EXCUSES!!

AnnCan1111-WELCOME TO OUR BOARD! I agree with you Beck works and I also need to just do what I need to do!

ladybugnessa-Happy Birthday!Go out and buy yourself a nice gift,you deserve it! So much better than just eating to celebrate.Give that cake away,I love birthday cake too and can't have it in the house.Great job not eating anymore of it.

SeaChild-Wonderful job using the Beck tecniques,you got rid of the trigger food,left the scene,went and got healthy food and made new cards!Excellent and much credit to you.From Beck"you are strong and in control!"

onebyone-Great job on the weight loss! 1.2 pounds is great and just think next week your weigh in will be even better!You have a great attitude,those weigh ins kick my butt most weeks.You are using your stategies from Beck perfectly!

hbuchwald-Kudos for planning ahead for the pizza banquet!

maryblu-Great job getting the focus off the food at your upcoming conference and on to other things you enjoy like the pontoon boats!It brings the Beck point to mind that we have to accept that we will not use food to celebrate in the way we used to.We will not get the ultimate enjoyment we used to.

gahundy-Excellent job on lunch,accept the credit!! Keep at it and write down all the wonderful things you did for yourself and your health today!

CammieCam-Welcome back! Sounds like you are right on track getting everything set up for success.I do ww also and have been back and forth between flex and core,currently flex and I have had a hard time lately also but with all this support and Beck we will suceed.

mezmerize-Glad you are feeling better and great job easing back into exercise even if you don't love it.I do my swimming because that is what I love and tolerate the best.Is there something you like to do more than others?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #129  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

Hello loves and than you for thinking of me!

I went to my WI this morning to survey the damage. It was NOT good. I was right, I've got about 10 pound to lose to get back to where I was a month ago.

I picked up Beck and kept reading. I found the old response cards that I created and will create more along the way as I read the book.

Since I've already read through the book before and had my old cards, today I knew what things I need to be doing to make this journey a successful one.

I guess you could say that I'm on Day 4. Give yourself credit. This one is easy for me, honestly. I KNOW losing weight isn't easy and I think it's a good thing to give yourself credit for those little things that push you in the right direction. Beck is right, giving myself credit really boosts my confidence and encourages me to keep doing these positive things.

So here goes:

I ate everything sitting down! I went to a grocery store today that always has samples and I didn't have one. Credit moi. I went to Target and LOVE their popcorn. The smell was sooooo inviting!! Usually I'll buy popcorn and eat it while I browse the store. At first I wasn't gonna have any, but I decided to indulge. So I bought it, put it in a bag, and waited till I got home. Then I counted out a few servings, put them in a bowl, sat down, and ate. Credit moi. I cooked dinner and did not eat one bite standing up. Credit moi. And I went to brunch with my mom and stayed OP. Credit moi.

onebyone - Excellent work today! Your enthusiasm has encouraged me to keep going!

Nessa - I hope you enjoyed your birthday. And credit you for getting right back on track.

Ellen - This morning I went through the same thingyou did, I almost beat myself up after my WW meeting for gaining all that weight. But like you, I didn't let those thoughts ruin the rest of the day for me. Credit US!

Wendy - I decided to do Flex with mostly Core foods as well. I've been Core since December and my leader suggested that I point out what I've been eating, thinking maybe I"m eating too much, much more than my body needs which is why I wasn't losing. Now granted, alot of that was me as well, not being honest with her or with myself about my eating, but I thought about it and decided that I might need the structure that the Flex plan provides. It also lets me eat foods that aren't allow on the Core plan without the feelings of "oh I can't eat this, it's not core." I miss little snacks and treats and I can have them on the Flex plan. I will just try not to go overboard.

Tonights goals: Make a meal plan for the week and get in some exercise.

Last edited by CammieCam; 03-15-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Wow! What a (Beck) concept!

Beckies!

From the maintainers forum......Glory87

"Work snacks are the WORST and I am constantly bombarded with it, leftover bagels from meetings, leftover donuts from meetings, leftover cookies, chips, truffles, chocolates (several admins keep candy dishes on their desk - "take some!" - ugh you name it! I just tell myself "I don't eat free food at work." Makes my life a lot simpler. I was really tempted on Friday though, they had a baby shower and there was a big thing of spinach dip/chips left over, mmm spinach dip, in a bread bowl! Managed to resist."

What a concept! Sound like a Beck "No Choice"? THAT'S how they do it....lose and maintain......who knew? lol.

We have to face that fact that losing the wt. is not easy, and keeping it off is not easy, and it takes constant awareness, commitment, and effort. The good news is, we have the tools. We have every single tool, with every possible scenario and sabotaging thought-stopper. It is there, within the pages of a book/workbook, all laid out......"if this, then do this".

The question is, how badly do we want it?

Yanno, that is a conversation we need to have with ourselves, and I think(gasp....this is heresy!) it goes beyond Advantage Cards. This little discussion with ourselves goes beyond writing down reasons and advantages of losing the wt.

How badly do we want it?

We all have become very good at accepting ourselves at the wt. we are. We have, or we wouldn't be there/here, because we have the tools, the behavior blueprint to change ourselves if we want to.

How badly do we want it?
Old 03-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #131  
ONEderland here I come!

got up this morning (after a night of food debauchery by choice) an came right here. Credit, Moi!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 215/205/155

Height: 5'8"

Onebyone…I always get a good dose of Beck from your posts. <smile> I know that sometimes it seems sooooo sloooow, but celebrate your 1.2 lbs lost! At times when I’d be disappointed by a WI and had lost less than I had expected to, a friend of mine on another site used to tell me …Ellen, a half pound on the scale is equal to about a half cup of water, that’s it.

Our bodies seem so fickle with hormones and retention and balancing out who knows what else. So I need to remember to keep to the behavior and let the scale gradually catch up to where this consistent behavior is leading me. It’s a tough one! <smile> I think I’m going to start to read the Maintainer’s list to remind myself that I am making these changes for the long haul. Permanent Lifestyle Changes…not just a temporary fix to lose pounds. If we’re going to maintain the loss, we’re going to be doing this forever. Hopefully it will get easier and become more second nature. But right now it seems, most of us are on a steep learning curve.

Nessa…thanks so much for the good vibes you sent my way girl. And Happy Belated Birthday!! Glad you survived your debauchery! LOL

Ann…I don’t think one diet is any better for losing than another. I've tried them all!! LOL I firmly believe that ultimately calories do count, so like Nessa said... find something that will allow you your natural healthy choices for daily meals. It's gotta be easier for us when we don't work against our natural tastes and tendencies. Good luck!

Cammie…I was worried that you might not come back. (When I’m disappointed, my own inclination is to sink into depression, hide away, and not check in. That’s going to be a personal challenge for me….to show up here. To ask for help when I need it. To admit to my mistakes, so that maybe I can learn to stop making so many of them!) So glad to see you. Right now I’m just counting calories, but I’ve done WW flex and like you, I eat mostly core while on Flex. It does give you some structure. I’m a strict vegetarian and people would say (or I’m sure they were thinking) how could a vegetarian get fat?? Duh. Too much food!!! lol

Wendy…Hope your little one is feeling better! I do the same thing with the Easter baskets that you do. My kids aren’t little anymore, but I still make them baskets. (They’ll always be my babies.) I’ll get them one or two quality candy items and lots of other things like cosmetics, little gift cards, non-edibles… I always used to have bags of extra candy around after over-filling their baskets. No more! I’m sure I’m still wearing some of those “extra” candies!!

Heidi… I’m a single mom too. I love my DDs but that precious time to myself… Wow! The life of a hermit sometimes looks SO inviting. <smile>
Enjoy your time!

Maryblu… you actually made me squirm! You said: We all have become very good at accepting ourselves at the wt. we are. We have, or we wouldn't be there/here…Yikes. This is a worry that I volley all around my brain a lot lately. That’s why I started this program. Even when I read the ARC statements each day, I have wondered why these things hadn’t been enough for me before. Motivation, and what moves people to do what they do, or not do what they don’t do, is something I’ve been fascinated with for most of my adult life.

You said: How badly do we want it? I really want to think about and discuss this more. I think it's of ultimate importance.

Oooops… time gets away from me when I’m here. I am SO glad to be part of this group, I can’t tell you. I am learning so much from you all.

I’ve gotta run. Have a great day everybody!

Ellen
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #133  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning.

I had a bit of a deviation yesterday. I just ate too much at my lunch meal (and refused to stop when I knew I was already over-full) and then I ate a second helping of a planned snack, and then I ate a spoonful more of dinner, while standing up at the stove as I was putting it away.

None of these items put me off the WW plan, but they do contavene many Beck rules.

And what's up with me? Well even though I had a loss, it wasn't the loss I was "expecting", so I felt disappointed. Ironically, I was to work on disappointment yesterday. That was good because what DIDN'T HAPPEN is that I didn't binge. I stopped each time I realized I was doing the things that I am practicing not doing anymore. I am puffing up for TOM in a few weeks, or next week, or whenever it arrives. I never know. But I am puffing up. I ate take out food the night before = salt salt salt. So that's no help. But nevermind the reasons. Mostly what came back was a slight feeling of "this isn't going to work. You've been 254 so many many times now. It's not going to change. This isn't going to work." Fear. fear I can't lose the weight no matter what I do. This is exactly the time I have to re-double my efforts and change my thinking or I will make that thought come true again! nonono not this time.

So today I had my weighed and measured breakfast, my food is planned for the day as is my exercise as is my homework for school <--- here's me sitting down to draw haha!

My task here on Day 25 is Pay Attention to Your Thinking and I am doing that. BDS and WW really do work fantastic together. That I didn't binge or be overcome with negative emotions and find myself this morning mad that I ate 2nd or 3rd helpings and extra snacks last night is real progress. Credit moi for pulling back and choosing to work the plan anyway and to go forward anyway whether I really believe it or not. I am willing to try and see what happens.

Hmmm. I just had a thought. I wonder if by going off-plan like I did if the very act of doing that doesn't trigger a batch of negative thinking immediately behind it? Like I see myself choose something that I am trying not to do, and then I do it, and then all the thoughts that I think to myself when I am being "bad" or I say to myself I am being bad, just come rushing in? It's no wonder they are so powerful and a binge can kick in so fast. That negative self loathing thinking has been nurtured by this kind of behaviour for years. The two go hand in hand. So if I don't want the negative thoughts stay away from the negative behaviour? Easy to say! But this is the first time I see them as a package deal. For me, it may be so. That's a relationship I've got to break up. Neg thinking doesn't have to lead to negative behaviour and vice versa. hmmmm. Does this make sense to anyone? hmmm.

ladybugnessa This place is a great way to start the day. Kudos to you for coming here and for keeping Beck on your mind. Happy belated birthday!

SeaChild Wow. Good turn around yesterday with the binge food and the re-committment to this plan. Kudos x2 for that! I can feel that you want to see a change for yourself... and you'll get it for sure. I'm really interested in the maintainers as well. I have never been there and want to be there...though as someone else posted, we are all maintainers if we've lost even one pound, we are maintaining that one pound loss.

AnnCan1111 Happy to read that you too stopped mid-step and decided not to go head-on into past behaviour. That's great! Take big credit in that. Don't let your lack of a formal diet plan stop you from moving forward. You can always choose to follow the food guide or something very basic like that. It's all good... BillBlueEyes wrote
Quote:
My only plan 2.5 years ago was to switch from continuous grazing to eating like I would be willing to live with forever.
If you need to add more veggies and less whatever just start there. You can do it! We're all with you in this.

wendylan Good morning. Sorry to hear you DS is sick. Hope he's on the mend soon. Happy to hear you're on track with your foodplan. Kudos! Easter is not a big deal in my life exept when I see all the shiny chocolate things in the store. They really talk to me. I guess I just have to practice being snooty and not even give them the time of day! haha! But for you maybe you can spend a few points on some and get rid of the rest from your house, or at least out of eyesight so they don't tempt you. And you can't go wrong with planning out your holiday meal in advance. You know the old saying: fail to plan; plan to fail All the best!

CammieCam Hello! Great going on the popcorn at Target and eating sitting down at home in a bowl! Awesome. You seem to be right back in the groove. Keep going! I am sure you said an "Oh, well" after that weighin. It could have been worse, it can always be worse, and that 10lbs will be gone again. Welcome back.

maryblu It's true that the weight we are at, no matter how we rail against it, is comfortable. We know what things are like at this weight, we know what we hate at this weight, we know, pretty much what to expect. I know I am supposed to want to be thin no matter what. Everything in the world is telling me this is what I should want and think and struggle towards no matter the cost. Sometimes, I don't feel like that. Sometimes, I don't want to struggle. Sometimes it's scary to go lower on the scale. Why I want it so bad is that my health is starting to crack beneath this weight. I've carried it for 38 years, off and on. I am at mid life. I may have the same amount of time ahead of me now as I do behind me. EXCEPT it's not the young strong body that can carry weight no problem. It's an aging body that genetically is built to start breaking down. So. If I want to go faster "into that good night" I really have to do nothing. But I don't want that. I want to back up that truck and stay on the top of the hill as long as I can. I am not helping myself, in fact I am actively hurting myself by carrying this weight. My proof? I have blood pressure meds. Soon, I will have something else. Bodies are built like this. They break down naturally, and they'll break down faster under constant stress and strain. People in my family live long lives. I want to be one of them. I really do want this.

And on that note, I wish you all a great Sunday. Wish me luck getting my drawing done I STILL DON'T WANT TO DO IT
Old 03-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #134  

Onebyone: That blasted scale…that number becomes so important… you “becked it out” just right-you ARE doing this and it IS working… how do you feel about the changes you are making, etc..?

Yes-you make perfect sense to me with the negative thinking being followed by negative behavior. That is CBT in a nutshell…there is a thought that leads to a feeling that leads to a behavior. We must catch that first thought and put it in perspective to be able to change the behavior. So…when I have no child here and I am feeling indecisive and in the past, used to binge out bigtime under these circumstances… what shall I say to myself? Sample response: just sit and relax, have a cup of tea, sit by the fire, pet the dog, meditate….. just RELAX. IF I figure out that I want to do something, do it and enjoy it. Then…give credit to myself.

Kudos to you on getting the blood draw. You can do this!

Nessa: Happy Birthday to you! Try not to beat yourself up…it is what I did this weekend too for some reason and I am reading your post and thinking that I should be talking to myself the way I am responding to you: “it could have been worse (has been at other times in life”, “it happened and now I am done with it”… I am also adding more structure to the week so I feel more reigned in.

Some friends took my dd to ski lessons this morning so I had about 5 hours of “mommy time” which I get so rarely. I look forward to it when this happens but also sometimes don’t know what to do with myself. I had lots that I could have done that would have been easier without a child around. I could have just relaxed, read, etc… or gone out and done something. I was indecisive the whole time and never really felt GREAT about what I was doing. I need to figure out responses to those situations about how food isn’t going to solve that issue (thanks Sue!) and that I want to enjoy whatever I do…once I decide on what I want to do (run an errand as an example)…make it the most enjoyable it can be. It sounds so silly when I type it all out but there it is!

Seachild: Great work on dealing with things…I can relate to the binge eating and the rebel inside. The pyramid is my favorite graphic in that book-the visual makes me think “duh…” to myself but it is easy to forget how quickly the cals add up if you keep on going with an eating frenzy. Even with the eating that I did this weekend (easter candy and some ice cream), it had an END. Before I began doing this Beck stuff, there was no end until I felt so sick I couldn’t eat another bite. I have to watch myself since sometimes I wonder if I just need to relax-as in, stop doing chores around the house or correcting papers or whatever and sit down. I used to eat so much that all I felt like doing was go to bed.

Ann: Love the “cold water on the face” analogy. What eating plans are you considering?

Wendylan: Sorry to hear about your boy. That is scary when it is a breathing issue! Yes, I did get some toys and some candy that I don’t like so much but still dug into some of it. I put it all up in my closet until next weekend. My plan is to avoid it all together at this point. I will make sure that I have my dark chocolate in the evenings and savor that.

Cammie: Welcome back! I really am glad you are here. Falling off the wagon could happen to any of us and it is important for us to remember that we can and should come back when we want to!

Maryblu: Thanks for the anecdote from a maintainer. It is VERY eye opening to hear this kind of talk from a maintainer… of course it makes sense that people who have lost weight will be conscious of the food around them, be tempted and have to wrestle with how to deal. Just another example that this is a journey and there is not a destination that we reach and all of a sudden things change and become easy. Bummer! Ha!

How badly do I want it? That is THE question. That is the question that must be answered honestly to myself about myself. I love that question because it brings it back to this not being a “plan” but my life. I want my advantage cards to help me feel like that question feels to me at this moment. I am writing that question down as a card to look at. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #135  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be

Diet Coaches - Ate this weekend at the conference as planned in last Friday’s post: baby carrots for car snacks, meals within my food budget, single servings except seconds of 3 terrific soups and baby greens salads, only two desserts, ignored the constantly available snacks except for my normal three between meals snacks (unsalted raw almonds and oranges) each day. CREDIT moi. To get coffee, I had to reach over the fresh baked brownies. Oh Well. Fresh baked cookies were passed. NO CHOICE. Congenial social pressure, “What - you don’t want chocolate?” Oh Well. Thanks for all the good wishes sent my way. It helped knowing that I was going to report back here to my diet coaches; thanks for being here.

Had grapefruit for after dinner snack last night; eating choices at home are comforting.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Waving; hope your computer gets back on line.

MaryBlu - I do like your question, "How badly do we want it?" My Advantages Card helps me with that one. [In my childhood, the oldest daughter was always expected to set an example; no wrinkled thinking allowed, LOL.]

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Kudos for confronting your thoughts and feelings during "mommy time." Seems right on track with Beck and CBT to get our thoughts out in the open so we can choose to reframe them.

wendy (wendylan) - Ouch for DS's breathing difficulty. Sending healing thoughts his way. Kudos for such a sane plan for the Easter Baskets. Easter candy was a big chunk of the weight that I had to lose.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Waving. Hope Great Big Sea met your expectations.

Mez (mezmerize) - Kudos for keeping up with your exercising. It's hard to do stuff that isn't always appealing.

Cammie (CammieCam) - Welcome back !!!! (Our generally accepted notion for a hiatus is: no explanations are required; just start posting today.) Kudos for getting your cards back in working order. Kudos for passing up the FREE food samples, which is such a hard one for me. And Kudos for giving yourself credit for all the positive steps you're taking.

barbpos – Just noting that you "really like cottage cheese." I too thought it was "diet" food, but recently tried it and liked it. Haven't really worked it into my eating plan, but have moved it onto my list of desirable foods.

onebyone – Sending positive drawing thoughts. Am intrigued by your discussion between negative behavior driving negative thoughts, driving negative behavior, ... Seem worthwhile to chase down where in that spiral to step in with Beck style solutions. I think you're onto something.

amy (gahundy) – Kudos for moving past Program-day 3 and on to giving yourself credit. Kudos for your Chinese lunch. Looking forward to hearing you give yourself credit on this thread - I found it REALLY hard at first. Now I just find it really hard.

Ellen (SeaChild) - Kudos for "getting a grip" and BIG Kudos for taking credit for that. Loved this idea, "Clearly, food is way more important to me than I ever like to admit. I need to de-magnetize!!" I'm first in line to buy your demagnetizing process that puts food back in its proper place. You're gonna be rich, LOL.

Nessa (ladybugnessa) - Belated Happy Birthday. Kudos for getting back on track and putting the birthday weekend behind you. And Kudos for giving yourself credit. I thought of you this weekend when I watched on attender at the conference getting around ever so slowly with one foot in a plastic cast. Hope your fracture is not a hinderence today.

AnnCan1111 - Good luck settling into a plan that works with your vacations. Beck's idea of having a backup plan seems like a good idea; several people posting here have switched to their backup when they needed a change.

Readers – “… For example, have you ever strayed from a diet for any of the following reasons:
• You were too polite to turn down the dessert that your friend baked. ...“Beck, pg 21.

Closed Thread