Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #601  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Lazyerin - So you are not alone in the not-losing weight situation when it comes to Insanity and WW. For me, I know it is the result of giving into cravings for carbs (natural when doing something as intense as Insanity) and not eating enough of the right kind of carbs (cakes and cookies = wrong. carrots and broccoli = right!) During my Insanity break I took an honest assessment of what I was really eating and saw that I wasnt really working WW like I should have been. I have learned, however, that the scale is usually the last place to look for a real indication of progress when it comes to getting healthier and more fit. I weigh in daily as a way of keeping motivated (it's my "anchor" in WW lingo) but I don't get bogged down if the number on the scale goes up...I don't get down, but the number on the scale eventually will!

All you can do is your best, you know? If there's something you could be doing better with WW or Insanity (is there?) then try changing it up and see what happens. If you need support through this, I'm here!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #602  

S/C/G: 157/137/135

Height: 5'5

I'm doing my second fit test tonight after we take my dog to class! I've been kinda slacking the last few days...but I'm ready to get back on it!

I've been weighing myself consistently and have finally started to see some weight loss the last few days. I've been under 145 for a few days now and fluctuating between 143 and 141. It may just take some time for your body to adjust to the workouts and your muscles to release some of that water. I noticed I'm not getting as sore anymore, especially in my calves.

Here's to week 3! Keep on being insane!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #603  

All right so dog class ran a little over on Friday...and then this weekend was full of house work and yard work...so I did the fit test today. I forced myself to do at least what I did the first week for some of the exercises...but I did better on a few of them. I'm ready to dive into week three full speed ahead!!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #604  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Kittysae! You're right it does take some time for your body to adjust.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #605  

Thanks Tricia! I've been going strong for 3 days straight. Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, yesterday was Plyometrics, and tomorrow is the Cardio recovery. I'm making it my goal to stick to the exact program days without extra rest days...so we'll see! I am seeing and feeling a difference. My calves aren't sore anymore, I'm taking fewer breaks, and I'm doing more reps. It is making me curious about month 2, and also how my last fit test will be This is the longest I've stuck with a program so I am pretty excited. My diet has improved the last week too. I'm just so excited!

I hope everyone else doing Insanity is keeping with it and also seeing results! How's everyone's progress?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #606  

S/C/G: 215/210/140

Height: 5'9

I'm worried that I'm too heavy to do insanity even though I have the DVD's? Anyone do insanity right out of the box with no previous workouts like p90x?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #607  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitivespirit View Post
I'm worried that I'm too heavy to do insanity even though I have the DVD's? Anyone do insanity right out of the box with no previous workouts like p90x?
I have never been a workout person... other than walking and I started INSANITY with no previous workouts... I actually started it a month ago but wasn't eating balanced so at the 2 week mark I started over. I have been doing it combined with diet for 16 days now.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #608  

S/C/G: 198/197/165

Height: 5'10

Hey Guys, just finished day 3 ...I know big deal right? Anyway, It is like many of you said.... INSANE. However, I decided. Now it's time to commit and I know I'll eventually succeed. I'm in PAIN people! Can hardly walk, but my will to no longer be overweight outweighs whatever would try to discourage me to stop. I lost 30lbs before and gained it all back from being lazy and not making working out a lifestyle, but a seasonal thing. I'm not trying to do that this time around. When I was lighter, I felt lighter and It felt GREAT! I encourage you all to stick with it. Just day 3 and I already feel a confidence about myself and getting in shape.

Question, today (day 4) Is cardio recovery as most of you know, but I isially play like an 1hr and a half of basketball on Wednseday nights. Can I replace the recovery with playing ball or should I still do it when I get home. Keep in mind I'm already sore from the first three days. Thanks and good luck to all!

Last edited by NewEra; 08-24-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #609  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
Hey Guys, just finished day 3 ...I know big deal right? Anyway, It is like many of you said.... INSANE. However, I decided. Now it's time to commit and I know I'll eventually succeed. I'm in PAIN people! Can hardly walk, but my will to no longer be overweight outweighs whatever would try to discourage me to stop. I lost 30lbs before and gained it all back from being lazy and not making working out a lifestyle, but a seasonal thing. I'm not trying to do that this time around. When I was lighter, I felt lighter and It felt GREAT! I encourage you all to stick with it. Just day 3 and I already feel a confidence about myself and getting in shape.

Question, today (day 4) Is cardio recovery as most of you know, but I isially play like an 1hr and a half of basketball on Wednseday nights. Can I replace the recovery with playing ball or should I still do it when I get home. Keep in mind I'm already sore from the first three days. Thanks and good luck to all!
I am right there with ya girl!! I am on day 17... and now is definitely the time to commit!! Had about 45 pounds on me that needed to come off... a combination of poor eating habits and lazyness prevented me from controlling it. I actually started the program a month ago before realizing how important a balanced diet was... I wasn't eating bad food I was just not eating throughout the day so my body was in starvation mode hording everything... two weeks into the program and I talked to a nutritionist for the first time and realized how big diet factored into weight loss. I am practically force feeding myself 5 times a day (all clean food), I'm not hungry and I'm losing weight... when I started the diet I started the program over to maximize my benefits...

I would definitely do the video!! There is a Method to the madness LOL. I was SO so SO sore for the first week... unlike I have ever been before!! But it will pass... it is definitely one INSANE workout!!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #610  

S/C/G: 198/197/165

Height: 5'10

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Lynn View Post
I am right there with ya girl!! I am on day 17... and now is definitely the time to commit!! Had about 45 pounds on me that needed to come off... a combination of poor eating habits and lazyness prevented me from controlling it. I actually started the program a month ago before realizing how important a balanced diet was... I wasn't eating bad food I was just not eating throughout the day so my body was in starvation mode hording everything... two weeks into the program and I talked to a nutritionist for the first time and realized how big diet factored into weight loss. I am practically force feeding myself 5 times a day (all clean food), I'm not hungry and I'm losing weight... when I started the diet I started the program over to maximize my benefits...

I would definitely do the video!! There is a Method to the madness LOL. I was SO so SO sore for the first week... unlike I have ever been before!! But it will pass... it is definitely one INSANE workout!!
Thank for the response Melissa...However, I'm not a girl. LMBO!!! I'm as much of a guy as you'll ever meet.

What do you eat throughout the day? This morning I had a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch with Fat Free milk and a banana for breakfast. I feel like my gut is so flipping big that I should starve my self in order to lose the weight, but like you said a balanced diet is very important. What should I eat for Lunch, Dinner, etc?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #611  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
Thank for the response Melissa...However, I'm not a girl. LMBO!!! I'm as much of a guy as you'll ever meet.

What do you eat throughout the day? This morning I had a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch with Fat Free milk and a banana for breakfast. I feel like my gut is so flipping big that I should starve my self in order to lose the weight, but like you said a balanced diet is very important. What should I eat for Lunch, Dinner, etc?

Thanks
HAHAHAHaahaha so sorry about that!

I was talking to my little brother the other night about the same thing. He is a big guy so I told him to just adjust it for him because he would probably need more calories... What I am eating is...

breakfast- oat meal OR whole wheat cream of wheat and strawberry's
Mid Morning snack- Fiber bar
Lunch- fish or chicken brown rice and steamed veggys
mid afternoon- lof fat string cheese and yogurt
Dinner- salad or veggy wrap

I do drink 2 cups of coffee with truvia and a dab of creamer

Other than that I avoid sugar, salts, and most beverages.

I use to think that I didn't need to eat throughout the day... It is extremely important to eat on a schedule, I have had people telling me that for years and always was a "non-believer" but it is absolutely true! as soon as I changed my diet I starting dropping pounds and inches... kinda hard to wrap your head around "eating to lose weight" especially if you have ever struggled with weight.

All last year monday through friday after I dropped my son off at school I would walk in the park 4.5-6 miles a day in the heat and humidity of florida and lost maybe 2 pounds. I was eating the way I have eaten my whole life... no breakfast no lunch just dinner and semi healthy for the most part. From talking to a nutritionist I was sabotaging myself because my body was in starvation mode hording everything I ate... didn't matter what I did physically.

I swear once I started over on Insanity eating a balanced diet the weight is melting off like never before! So far I have lost 12 pounds and 5.5 inches off my waist!!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #612  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi all!

Today is my first day doing Insanity! And boy oh boy was it a workout. I consider myself an intermediate level exerciser so I was surprised when I found myself truly struggling.

Here's my results from the fit test:

Switch kicks: 110
Power Jacks: 50
Power knees: 80
Power jumps 36 (These really sucked!)
Globe jumps: 8
Suicide jumps: 12
Pushup jacks: 5 (Sheer torture!)
Low plank obliques: 40

Definitely a challenging workout. Can't wait to see what I look like in 60 days.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #613  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Hi all!

Today is my first day doing Insanity! And boy oh boy was it a workout. I consider myself an intermediate level exerciser so I was surprised when I found myself truly struggling.

Here's my results from the fit test:

Switch kicks: 110
Power Jacks: 50
Power knees: 80
Power jumps 36 (These really sucked!)
Globe jumps: 8
Suicide jumps: 12
Pushup jacks: 5 (Sheer torture!)
Low plank obliques: 40

Definitely a challenging workout. Can't wait to see what I look like in 60 days.
The fit test is INSANE!! I was horrible at the push up jacks too... and i absolutely hate the globe jumps!! But you will be amazed at your next fit test how dramatically you will improve! Is this your first round?

I am on week four of the first month... can't wait for recovery week... and eager yet scared for month two!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #614  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Yep, this is my first round! I've wanted to buy the program for about a year. Finally found it on Ebay for $23! Best deal ever!

Completed Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

All I can say about the workout is....DAMN, that was INSANE! I love a good challenge and I do believe I've found one. It's so hard that it makes me mad that I can't keep up. And that's a really good thing cause it makes me even more determined to finish the program.

Glad you're ahead of me Melissa. That will inspire me to keep going when my achy muscles are crying out for a break. In the beginning, did you watch the workouts before you did them? Not sure if that would help or just make me more anxious.

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 08-30-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #615  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Yep, this is my first round! I've wanted to buy the program for about a year. Finally found it on Ebay for $23! Best deal ever!

Completed Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

All I can say about the workout is....DAMN, that was INSANE! I love a good challenge and I do believe I've found one. It's so hard that it makes me mad that I can't keep up. And that's a really good thing cause it makes me even more determined to finish the program.

Glad you're ahead of me Melissa. That will inspire me to keep going when my achy muscles are crying out for a break. In the beginning, did you watch the workouts before you did them? Not sure if that would help or just make me more anxious.
I had been wanting to do it for awhile too! You got a CRAZY good deal on it lol... sheeesh that's a steal compared to retail hahaha. To answer your question... Nope I didn't watch a single one till it was time... thought I might scare myself LOL. My cousin is two weeks ahead of me... so she is on week one of month two and she took a short vid of ONE of the exercises and posted it on facebook... the title was "SHOOT me...".... after I watched it I wished I hadn't hahahaha... month two is gonna be so crazy killer insane, I guess that's why most people who have done it say month two is where the results come in.

I thought month one was pretty dang hard, but apparently it is just a warm up to the real Insanity!! I'm scared and excited... gonna have to push through it because I got some weight to lose! I know I am gonna have to do another round to really get to where I want to be, but already in the first month I have seen more results than I expected... It's really the only thing that has really worked for me...
Closed Thread