Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #526  
msm

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
I decided to add the extra week at the end of the first month. TURBO FIRE is gonna came out on June and I just can't wait to do it!!!

And I want to make that I'll have the time to compensate for those days that I lost. It's the third day that I've missed a workout (ever since I started ChaLEAN on January I have never spend so many days without doing anything - I neves missed a workout actually) and I feel terrible. My cramps are still here, still hurts a lot and I get some headaches with the combo. I just can't exercise like this... I feel week and I can't give my best.

I miss Shaun T. I really like him. It's just like Chalene, I wanna hug them and thank them for everything.
MJ - I hope you feel better soon!!! You are obviously very dedicated and have gotten into a lifestyle of exercising very regularly - so you'll get back into it and be fine :-)
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #527  

S/C/G: 168/142/137

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm View Post
I SO agree about the dread factor in month 2. I don't know what happens - i was SOOOOO dedicated the first month but it has taken everything in me to complete this second month. I ended up taking a week off in the middle, and this final week has ended up stretching over 2 weeks!!! Part of that was because I hurt myself and couldn't work out for a few days. But anyway, I will be done Insanity on Friday, and I start Chalean Extreme on Sunday. I am ready to move on. I can see myself coming back to Insanity at some point, but for now I am ready to be done!!!!!
I think it must be the longer workouts and its getting a bit boring IMO. I have a really busy lifestyle so I need to fit in a workout that is maximum effort in minimal time AND keeps me motivated with variety. I'm going to try finish it even if I do every 2nd day withChaLean or a general cardio exercise session because I do think its getting me great results.
I'm doing one tonight as I havent done anything for 3 days, just too busy
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #528  

S/C/G: STARTED 155/ CURRENT 154

Height: 5'2''

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
MUkiddo I agree plyo is the hardest and that includes the month two I dont know exactlly why I think its thhe combo of the basketball jumps and down into the pushups then the runs and then the ski abs and then the in and outs I have to stop and take breaths starting the second time trough on the in and out EVERyTIME and it makes me sooo mad I say"this time I won't" and I am just dying!! But like you I just love it. today i have to try and do 2 Insanity workouts and one Chalene at least its a PUSH 3 day and a RECOVERY haven't looked {scared to to see what my other Insanity needs to be {AT LEAST ITS NOT PLYO that was yesterday!!!!!} I had Migraines for several days and had to take 1 forced day off WHICH I NEVER DO!
Hey, I started the program about 2 weeks ago, I got too sore to continue, and my weekends are usually really packed, so i had to start al over this week, but in all I did most of the 2 weeks and have only lost 1lb. I see the videos and all the blogs on how you lose so much weight, I sweat like crazy and nothing. Is that normal?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #529  

On my third week of Insanity, I only worked out 3 times. I've had a lot of problems with my mentrual cramps this month and suffered with migranes. :/ I'm not too worried about it because I added an extra week (so I'm having a fifth week before the Recovery Week).

Oh! And my total weight loss so far is of 26 pounds!!!! 9 pounds since I started INSANITY! I am so happy!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #530  
msm

Height: 5'1

How is it going, guys? I finally finished last week! Although I must say I really half-a**ed the last week. But I don't care cuz it is time to move on. I am starting Chalean Extreme on Sunday and am excited!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #531  

S/C/G: 144/139/128

Height: 5'6"

Hello all, my hubby and I are at the end of the 2nd week of month two...so a little over 2 weeks to go to finish. The experience has been good and our endurance seems to be getting much better. Although it's a little harder to get motivated this month sometimes...mostly because the work-outs are longer, getting repetitive, and we are not losing ANY weight. It's very frustrating when you sweat like a fiend, are laying on the floor out of breath at the end of each interval, and nothing shows on the scales after 6 or 7 weeks of this. I am exactly where I was at the start. I can see why the other poster worked out like 4 hours a day with other stuff, she had to to lose weight. We are thinking of adding in some running at night or something, but it's hard to find time without being exhausted at the end of the day from work, kids, house, life! I will probably finish this and then start over, but mix in more running and other stuff so I don't get bored with it.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #532  
lovethetruth

S/C/G: 138/138/132

Height: 5'2

hello everyone, am in the second ofweek of month 2 as well . three days ago i bought a pedemotor watch and it told me that i burn 1400 cal. by the way i did lost three pounds and inches. i could see a lot of defenition on my abs,legs and arms. My plans will be on going back on my weigh training with one insnity in between. everyday i do this workout i have to stop and it feels like the first day. is anyone have been able to do it without stopping?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #533  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

32 smasher I totally agree with your assesment of month 2 it does feel like the first day and it does seem like I needed rests which surprized me by the end I was doing less , but it takes alot out of you,KMMMS kinda says the same things also it tires you out and the work outs are onger but dang you just KEEP DIGGING DEEPER it always made me feel llike I was doing enough!

I am in the middle of a major move and trying hard to fit in my work out and eating right not easy and I DON"T like it I like ROUTINE!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #534  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

I have Insanity but I cannot even finish the fit test, it just royally kicks my behind. It's going to have to sit on my shelf until I'm physical able to do it. Someday, just not today.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #535  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Miss Kelly...In some of Beachbody writings on INSANITY it says to do Cardio Core and Balance {which you will find in your dvds } to help you get more strengthfor a week or two. It is the dvd you do during Recovery week IT IS by no means easy but it may be do able for you and help you gain some strength it goes at a slower pace and builds up. Also you could do Cardio core recovery. Then maybe after a few weeks you could try the fit test.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #536  

I'm having big motivational problems. Since last Thursday I haven't worked out. I just don't want to do it. I mean, I love Shaun T, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated (witch is weird, since I've already lost more than 20 pounds on the last 4 months - my body is supposed to be my biggest motivation).

I'm still counting calories though, having at least a caloric deficit of 3500 a week. But oh... I just had to share this with you guys. I will have to add up another week to Insanity... 6th week on the first month. I feel like a failure.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #537  

S/C/G: 168/142/137

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
I'm having big motivational problems. Since last Thursday I haven't worked out. I just don't want to do it. I mean, I love Shaun T, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated (witch is weird, since I've already lost more than 20 pounds on the last 4 months - my body is supposed to be my biggest motivation).

I'm still counting calories though, having at least a caloric deficit of 3500 a week. But oh... I just had to share this with you guys. I will have to add up another week to Insanity... 6th week on the first month. I feel like a failure.
I'm hearing you! I have less motivation to do the workouts as well, so I have cut down to 3 a week. I do other exercise routines the other 3 days. I think the biggest problem with insanity is the fitness involved (well for me anyway). Does anyone wear a HRM? I got one and used it the other night and was surprised to see I only did 28% in the fat burn mode, the rest was fitness mode. When I read the manual it said for weight loss (fat burn calories) you needed to spend over 30% in this zone The fitness aparently burns carbs which is why sometimes I just dont have the energy to do a full on workout to insanity sometimes as I too have a calorie deficit. I read that an overall high total calorie is the best result but there seems to be a real science to it. Since I have limited my insanity workouts and added other routines I have lost more weight (in measurements) and I have more energy so I think I will stick to that. Its going to take me a while to finish the program I think
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #538  

S/C/G: 143 / 143 / 120

I am currently on week 6 of the Insanity program.... it truly IS INSANE! If you are not fit enough, you absolutely CAN injure yourself if you are not super careful. You can also definitely go at your own pace though. When I started out, I did not do as much as everyone else on the DVDs do. I didn't follow them exactly. I just did as much of each section as I could, and would stop for more water breaks than they do. Now that I'm on week 6, I am MUCH stronger, and my endurance level has gone way up! I love that!! I can do a lot more than I could 6 weeks ago... that's for sure! I've also lost 2 inches off my waist! I love that even more! I recommend it for sure - juse make sure you start out going at your own pace. They have a 30-day guarantee too, so you can send it back if you don't like it, or if you injure yourself. Oh yea - I also wear a knee brace on one of my knees to make sure I don't injure it because it's weaker than the other one & there is a lot of plyo (jumping).

Good luck!!

I think I will try Zumba next. I've been really in the mood to dance lately & it looks like so much fun!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #539  

S/C/G: 145/136.5/124

Default Hey guys!

So I am not currently doing Insanity as my "core" program, my main program is ChaLean Extreme right now. But back in February I did this program for a month and it kicked my butt. I went all out and gave it all I had then just died after the first month haha. I was so out of shape, I should have taken it a little slower so I didn't burn myself out. I took a month & a half break after that then started it up again but as soon as I received CLX I switched that to my main program because I just have also favored weight training.

Anyway, I mix in Insanity on my days off which is working great - I love all of the sweat that I get from Shaun T - but I also was getting bored of how repetitive his workouts could feel. I guess I'm just not one for ONE routine so now I mix a bunch together It makes for fun working out.

Right now I am mainly using CLX but I mix in - Insanity, Turbo Jam, 10 Minute Trainer, some Jillian vids, and a few from Shaun T's Rockin body (mainly abs). I can't wait to add TurboFire into the mix haha

Anyone else mix a bunch together? Or do you just stick to one at a time?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #540  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I mix and match too. I've never done Insanity all the way through (at my weight, it's still too hard on my joints to do every day), but I love it enough to incorporate it into my rotation at least once (usually twice) a week.

I'm planning on starting CLX beginning in July and I'm really, really going to try to stick that program through from start to finish. My problem is I get bored doing the same workouts (or even same instructors) every day. Since CLX is only a 5 day/week rotation and I need to add cardio to it for maximum results anyway, I'm hoping my add-ons for cardio will be enough to keep me from getting too bored an in a rut.

How are you liking CLX? I'm excited to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise24 View Post
So I am not currently doing Insanity as my "core" program, my main program is ChaLean Extreme right now. But back in February I did this program for a month and it kicked my butt. I went all out and gave it all I had then just died after the first month haha. I was so out of shape, I should have taken it a little slower so I didn't burn myself out. I took a month & a half break after that then started it up again but as soon as I received CLX I switched that to my main program because I just have also favored weight training.

Anyway, I mix in Insanity on my days off which is working great - I love all of the sweat that I get from Shaun T - but I also was getting bored of how repetitive his workouts could feel. I guess I'm just not one for ONE routine so now I mix a bunch together It makes for fun working out.

Right now I am mainly using CLX but I mix in - Insanity, Turbo Jam, 10 Minute Trainer, some Jillian vids, and a few from Shaun T's Rockin body (mainly abs). I can't wait to add TurboFire into the mix haha

Anyone else mix a bunch together? Or do you just stick to one at a time?
Closed Thread