Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #616  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

What a long day...

Finally squeezed in my workout. Somehow in my rush to get started, I screwed up the order of the dvds. And wound up doing Pure Cardio instead of Cardio Power & Resistance. Oh well, not going to worry about it. I'll just switch them out on Friday. Cause I really need the Cardio Recovery tomorrow! (I'm walking around the house like Frankenstein!)

Melissa: I think you're right about not watching them beforehand. If I had known there would be endless suicide jumps and push-up jacks in my future, I never would have bought the program! I'd rather not know what torture lies ahead of me.

I just looked at the calendar and noticed you also have Recovery tomorrow! That's so cool to know someone will be suffering through the same workout. Misery loves company! LOL

Dang...I'm tired. Gonna run so I can grab a protein shake before bed.

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 08-31-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #617  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad I didn't watch either... Don't think I would have had the balls to attempt it had I know what was ahead of me. As it is I am regretting watching the clip of ONE exercise from month two that my cousin sent me! I truly think that as hard as we think month one is... it is going to be nothing compared to month two! Kind of a good thing for me though because I want to do at least 2 rounds, so by the time I get back to month ones the workouts should feel like nothing LOL..... well that's my hope anyway!

My cousin did say she is back to the week one pains... hurts all over again doing the "Frankenstein" LOL... plush she said Shuan T's whole tone changes to more drill sergeant hahaha GREAT... yay!

But ya got to love it! Anything that works like this can't be easy!

I was reading a blog the other day and I thought this was pretty funny...

""I'm here to kick your butt! ...And I'm not playing!" Those are some of the first words you hear Shaun utter as soon as you press play on the DVD. It's then you know that you'll probably die during the workout and wake up in the great beyond. In fact, I'm about 99% sure that I'm typing this from the "other side."

It was a review of month two day one....
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #618  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!

Can I join in here? I am on week 3 of Round 2 of Insanity. I have lost 14 lbs so far and about 5% body fat. I am looking for other chicks who are in this crazy ridiculous plan with Shaun T! I swear I curse him so much during workouts even during Round 2 lol! Congrats on starting and sticking with it, trust me you won't regret it!

Oh PS Melissa Lynn-Month 2 after your "recovery week" doing Core Cardio and Balance is where the INSANE really comes in. It is literally like starting over but harder lol! But it's amazing because that is when you can feel your endurance and strength really coming to the forefront. When it seems completely beyond the realm of possibility to do any more-KEEP PUSHING! Trust me it is totally worth it! Example, after Round 1 I ran my first timed mile in a year (I run marathons/10k when not preggo) and I ran a 7:32, which is faster than right before I got pregnant (I am NOT a fast distance runner lol). So stick with month 2 NO MATTER WHAT even if it seems daunting! You can do it!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-01-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #619  
Hardwork...Dedication

munstermommy (Already in week 3 of round 2? You're so hardcore!) I'm a runner too. Every time Shaun T yells for us to get our knees up when we're doing sprints and high knees, I think to myself "This sure as h*ll better improve my 10k time!"

Ok...so today was Day 5 of week one / round 1. Since I screwed up the schedule earlier in the week, I finally did Cardio Power & Resistance. I'm thinking maybe my mistake was a blessing in disguise.

Yesterday's workout was Recovery which included tons of stretching that I truly needed. And today's workout didn't seem too crazy so I felt tired but not destroyed when I finished. So far so good.

Melissa: Love the quote from the Insanity blog! If you have time can you share the link to it? BTW - After 4 days of popping Advil the pain is finally gone! I can walk like a normal person again! woo-hoo! Can't wait to hear how you make out after "Recovery Week." I'm sure you'll do great. It takes a certain kind of slightly "Insane" female to even attempt to do this program!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 09-02-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #620  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hi ladies! Today is "off" day for me (day 7 of week 3/round 2) but I ran a little bit and stretched because I was feeling super tight from doing Insanity yesterday and working out wuth my bro in law too. I had Plyo circuit which I like a lot! My favorite though is Max Cardio Conditioning which I will get to do in another 2 weeks (yay...??????) Haha. I hope you all are still keeping up the good work, pushing through as Shaun T says lol!

Dangerous-thanks for the welcome . I'm excited to find other girls doing this completely ridiculous system lol. Your comment about the Advil transported me to 2.5 months ago during WEEK 1 I swear I thought my calf muscles were tearing lol. Omg sooooooo much pain! It finally dissipated a bit at the end of the first week too lol! Great job, keep it up amd yes, this greatly improved my running-I haven't even focused on running in the last 3 months except as a supplement and I am definitely faster/have more endurance already. You will not regret it! I think this time I'm going to do a bunch of running workouts during recovery week since I want to see how much I have improved what do you think? Hope you are having a good off day too, keep me posted on your progress!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-04-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #621  
Completely INSANE

Hi munstermommy WELCOME!!

That is exactly what I have been saying... "Month one is just a warm up for the real Insanity" LOL.... So this is round two for you! Definitely hardcore! I am planing on doing at least two myself, and so far have had great results... so far 12 pounds I love insanity and I'm also "I am looking for other chicks who are in this crazy ridiculous plan with Shaun T"!!

dangerouscurves76... I so agree with you... "It takes a certain kind of slightly "Insane" female to even attempt to do this program!"... I have tried to get a few of my friends to do it with me and they are all like "awe... **** no" hahahaha. Thanks for the quote comment! That is one of my all time favorite quotes! Here is a link to my BLOG ....Just a warning... the pictures are NOT pretty!! Viewer discretion is advised.... But ya got to start somewhere...

Starting "Recovery week" today Woooo Hoooo!!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #622  
Completely INSANE

Just had to let you guys know the recovery video rocks!! Everything I thought from the things I have read was way off!! Definitely felt like recovery to me and honestly one of the easiest viedo's so far... don't get me wrong is was still intense and sweaty but not so "hardcore"... 5 more days of recovery then onto month two... YAY!!! Then start all over again! LMAO!!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #623  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Good Morning!

VERY HONEST PICS AT BOTTOM OF POST (sorry for the skivvies, but I took pics that wouldn't hide anything but still be covered like any two piece would)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the gym this morning for extra cardio/energy boost before diving into Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs for the day! I love this combo of workouts! I have this week and then I am into "recovery week" again for the second time (although I think I might either skip it or do a bunch of running workouts since I am in Round 2). I can't wait for month 2 MAX WORKOUTS!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON SHAUN T I CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING YOU DISH OUT NOW YO!!!!!!!!! lol so funny ("that s*** is ba-nanas yo" is one of my favorite lines in ANY video and I got to hear it today yay!)

Melissa-YAY FOR RECOVERY WEEK LOL!!!! Core Cardio and Balance is a great workout. I really like it. You do get a good burn/sweat going without being completely ridiculous. Trust me you will appreciate the time "off" lol because month 2 is just what you said when the REAL Insanity begins lol! I am telling you though, it made a huge difference for me, I have a small baby (she is just now 8 months and my second child) and when I started Insanity the weight just would NOT come off. This definitely has kicked it off lol! Keep working, let me know how month 2 feels to you and how you like it! Great job!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I wanted to put the before and after shots from the Round 1 of Insanity here, but I only know how to post them as thumbnails so SORRY FOR THE BRUTAL HONESTY OF THE PICS. I wanted to show what things were really like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Round 1.jpg (42.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg After Round 1.jpg (44.6 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-06-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #624  
Hardwork...Dedication

I'M BACK!

It's been a few days since I've posted but no worries...I'm still digging deep!

Today is Day 9/ week 2/ round 1

I had kind of a crazy weekend. Trying to be my usual super sociable self. Unfortunately, that led to me not getting enough sleep and not having enough energy to work out yesterday. My punishment for slacking off?! TWO WORKOUTS TODAY! (Cardio Power and my fav Pure Cardio) That's right, I'm back on schedule. (I think Shaun T is my head now. Pushing me out of my comfort zone. And forcing me to push myself to the limit.)

Melissa: Thanks for the link to your blog. We have a similar sense of humor. Girl, you crack me up! Sounds like you're pumped up for next week. Yay!

munstermommy: Running workouts during your recovery week sounds like a good idea. I'm seriously missing my "runners high" but I don't want to sabotage my Insanity workouts. Trying to figure out how to squeeze in a couple 5k's this week. Thinking maybe Thurs/Sat so I still get a rest day.

Ladies, thanks for being brave enough to post your pics! You don't know how much you've inspired me. You guys look absolutely fabulous!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 09-06-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #625  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Okay so today was Cardio Power and Resistance, which is my LEAST favorite out of all the workouts, month 1 and 2. Poo lol! I got up and busted it out at 5:45am because I just wanted it out of the way lol! Those tricep one leg dips just kick my butt for real ! Had to dig super deep to keep going during that interval, and it happens even now that I am on Round 2 where I think "I am just going to fall on the floor now" haha! Went to the gym and trained a friend of mine, 40 minutes of cardio intervals and a 20 minute total body strength circuit, so I got in a serious workout today lol! Feels good though, I am hoping to see some good scale movement here this week. I am so glad there are others on this journey with me . Oh, I have been researching Insanity Asylum, and I think I am going to order it so I can do it when I finish this Round 2. Have you ladies seen any of it? OMG I think I have to be literally insane because it looks 500 times harder than Insanity and I WANT IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! haha! Hope you all had a great day digging deeper, and let's kick Shaun T's a** tomorrow girls!

dangerous-Oh boy, I had to do that one day during round 1 (double up on workouts) and that is tough! But AWESOME JOB on getting it knocked out! Oh, Pure Cardio is one of my favorites too . I think you are right about running, I was the same as you during Round 1, I didn't want to mess with the workouts for Insanity so I really didn't run for that 2 month period. I have been doing some running, but I think I will use that week as a catalyst for starting up training again. Good luck with fitting in those 5ks, you will work it out! Thx for the pics comments, it is tough putting those out there, but I feel like people should know that this is really worth the effort to see some great improvement! Thank you for sticking with this and keep us posted!

Ladies let's DIG DEEPER, PUSH HARDER this week...I can't wait to get to month 2 IT'S FREAKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-06-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #626  
Completely INSANE

munstermommy... your pics are from day one then day 63 if round 1? Awesome! I can see a huge difference. How soon after round 1 did you start round two?

dangerouscurves76- Ouch I hate making up a workout... but we just can't get around it sometimes! Hahaha thanks for getting my sense of humor... it is lost on most LOL.... I am super pumped for month 2, I might lying in a pool of my own sweat, drool, and urine by the video end but by god I will do it... or die trying hahaha
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #627  
Completely INSANE

Here is my 30 day results vid
Old 09-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #628  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hi Ladies!

So today was Plyo Cardio Circuit . I like this circuit a lot! I woke up early AGAIN today so I was doing it at 5:45am. I think it is a bit early for Shaun T's energy but I feel so much better getting it over and done with! I went to the gym and did ARC trainer and the Jacob's Ladder at 8am so I am feeling good about the calorie burn for today. I am hoping to be into the 140s by next week, I am sick and tired of this baby weight hanging around! Shaun T was funny today, I love how he gets into the cast member's faces during the intervals! If I were them I would want to punch him lol! Anyway hope you ladies are having a great day and DIG DEEPER today, man some days are tougher than others lol!

Melissa-Yep those pics are from day 1 and then day 63 of Round 1. I am going to take another set of pics from day 63 of Round 2 but none until then. I took the Sunday off after completing Round 1 and started Round 2 that same Monday . I didn't want to take a break because I knew how hard it would be to get back into it if I took too much time off lol! It has been fine so far too. Although working out with Insanity (running/elliptical/strength training) has been making it a little bit harder during Insanity workouts for sure! But I know that my body is changing in amazing ways, and I feel so great after I finish each workout! Great video, wow your results are so awesome! Trust me you will love how you look after month 2 since you are getting great results with month 1! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-07-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #629  
Hardwork...Dedication

Lightbulb

Day 10 - Plyo Cardio Circuit (completed)

Ladies, can I tell you just how much I hate this workout? Shaun T just yelling and yelling "up, down, back, pushups, in, out, pushups..." It makes me angry but ohhhhh so satisfied when it's finally over!

munstermommy: You're my hero for actually enjoying that workout! Can't wait till I have Round 1 under my belt. By then, I know Plyo Cardio will be a snap! So you're thinking about getting Insanity Asylum. Go for it! If you've watched the videos and something inside you is aching to go through even more torture, well then feed the beast! Don't forget to Dig Deeper!

Melissa: Cool results video! I can really see the difference. I wish I hadn't been lazy and took the time for a few quick pics on Day 1.

Ok...so I have Thursday's workout schedule all planned out. Early a.m. 5k and then Yoga Booty Ballet (Hip Hop Abs) Then later before dinner I'll do my Recovery Cardio. Hope I'm not sore on Friday.

Have a great workout tomorrow!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #630  
Completely INSANE

I wasn't even planning on posting anything or doing a video but when I looked at my 30 day pics I was floored! The combination of diet and the program have already given me more results in the first 30 than I had hoped to get from the whole program! I couldn't hardly do 5 pushups before this now I can pump out 25 pushup jacks, that's INSANE!! I was pretty apprehensive about posting pics but honestly it keeps me moving forward... and I think the results are pretty dramatic!! The diet is honestly hands down the biggest factor... actually eating rather than not eating... who woulda thought you could lose weight that way LOL, not me... do now though. Crazy how a couple of bad habits can sabotage everything you try. I walked all last school year mon-fri 4-6 miles plus ate pretty healthy and lost 3 pounds... ridiculous!!! Once I found Insanity everything has fallen into place. I have cut out all soda's, am eating every three hours, I quit smoking... and I feel like I am really developing my muscles for the first time EVER... all the sports I played in school (soccer, track, cross country, softball) pale in comparison... Insanity reminds me of a combination of practice drills for EVERY organized sport jam packed into one truly hardcore and insane work out!! And I am loving it!!

munstermommy,
Thanks!! It is crazy amazing how much better I feel, and seeing the difference and talking about it with you guys definitely keeps me motivated! I was thinking about starting round two immediately too... might as well keep the momentum rolling... after all mama lives in Florida and would like to have a rockin beach body by next summer hahahaha! I think I have gotten agreat results so far so I know as insane as month two is gonna be I am gonna have to dig deep and the pay off will be way worth it!

dangerouscurves, I definitely have and will curse out Shaun T! I love him and hate him all at the same time! I prolly look like a crazy nut jumping around my living room cursing at my TV hahaha... *note to self <close any and all blinds in the future>*
Closed Thread