Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #646  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!

Dangerous- I know the fit test is killer in itself... was shocked myself to get 27 pushup jacks... in retrospect maybe I should have held back a little because now I am gonna have to top that two more times LOL

Max Ininterval Plyo - (yesterday)
Holly crap... "squat pushups", "one legged V pushups", "power pushups", "Level 3 Drills", "Side Push-Ups", "Balance Push-Ups".... the onslaught of pushups last night was endless... felt like I did 200 Pushups!! Arms were like JELLO when I finally finished hahahahaha

Max Cardio Conditioning - (today)

Not as bad as anticipated LOL... the 5 minutes of "squat work" at the end left a burn I'm still feeling!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #647  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

Did the third day of Core Cardio and Balance. It is a lot harder to do after working out for an hour and a half first lol! Went to the gym and worked out and then busted it out as soon as I got home. Seriously deltoids were singing the whole time lol! Hoping that you ladies are doing well, and man I am EXCITED for month 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORK IT GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa-You go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Max Interval Plyo is a b!tch lol! OMG I am super stoked for you that you are kicking its butt and working it out! Great job, keep it up !!!!!!!!!!

Okay ladies 3 more days of recovery and then I AM IN IT!!!!! Let's keep digging!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #648  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Core Cardio and Balance again today, okay so that workout is good and all but this point is getting a little boring lol! Oh well it starts my day off well and gives me energy since I have to do it before 6am lol! Hope that you both are busting it out, Melissa I KNOW you are digging deeper girl, and dangerous, you are sitting pretty with the last week or so to go! Good job ladies and hope to hear about progress soon! OH OFFICIALLY LOST 15 LBS WITH INSANITY!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #649  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

Hello everyone! I just started Insanity this Monday. It's definitely kicking my butt....but I also lost 4 lbs already! So I am excited to continue and ache and complain in order to finally lose this weight.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #650  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Tomorrow is the last day of Core Cardio and Balance ROUND 2!!!!!!!!!! Yessssssssss I am so stoked to be going into MONTH 2 ROUND 2!!!!!!! I can't wait for the butt kicking and to curse Shaun T and all his offspring lol! Planning on hitting the gym at 8am after doing Insanity tomorrow morning, which is what I did today, and then I needed a break after hubby came home so I went back to the gym tonight lol! Working out like crazy haha, get this baby weight gone FOREVER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Love my kids, but don't love the weight they packed on my a$$ lol! Hope you ladies are doing well, one more day and we have an "off" day (although I know we don't always take that day off haha). Let's do it girls!

tttellier
-YAY it's insane how crazy your body feels right now isn't it? I swear my calves ached for DAYS lol! But it is awesome once you make it through! I am on Round 2 and I STILL love pushing play every day, I can't wait to get back into Max workouts! Keep it up, post and let us know how your progress is going, and don't be afraid to tell us how much you abuse Shaun T, I swear sometimes I feel bad after working out lol! Good luck and dig deeper!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #651  

ok I only registered on this forum to make a reply on this thread,apparently you have been confused about insanity as I was .

I only wanted to loose 10 pound,I did insanity for 1.5 month , I didn't see any result at all so I started googling for reviews again
a lot of people have put a before/after pictures of themselves , I didn't see any difference between their before/after pictures
but I thought maybe their body type is different or something, maybe their body is resistant to weight loss and mine is different, So I continued doing it for 1 month more,I still saw no difference ,
but because I was feeling very good about myself after doing insanity every time I kept going, it feels like you have done something really hard and
you are really proud of yourself (if you have done insanity you know what I mean ) it also Increases endurance .
anyways , a couple of month ago I saw this couch who knows a lot about this stuff,I asked him about insanity and told him that was really intensive workout which has like 30 seconds max rest in between.
he told me this is interval training and interval training doesn't make you lose weight, and I was like wtf , then I started remembering about those before/after pictures that I saw on internet and every thing made sense .

then I asked him what makes you lose weight ? and he said only slow exercise that are more than 20 minutes,like aerobic or dancing .

and I totally agree with him, I already lost more than 30 pounds with this method last year, I was doing "billy blanks taebo cardio" , it get's boring after a week or two , but it really works , and there are a couple of them to choose from, I only this 3 of them(55 minutes) so I don't get bored.
it doesn't have a good music though so I was playing my own chosen music on background.

I did it for 3 month then I stopped because I was pretty happy with the results,
the alternative for this is dancing if you don't want to pay money ,dance for more than 40 minutes a day , and watch what you are eating and you'll be shocked how much weight you are gonna loose in 2month .

if this method doesn't work for you nothing will and you will need to see a doctor,but it will work for 98% of people.

other thing about insanity is that insanity is for ripped people that they want to make sure their body stays ripped not for people who want to lose weight.

of course you can continue doing insanity if you want to have a great feeling about yourself after each workout,

but as for the result , don't expect too much

right now I want to loose 10 pounds to be in perfect shape of my life,I have started doing taebo cardio a week ago and I'm gonna add hip hop abs to my schedule (I have heard good things about it).
I'm gonna do taebo cardio in the mornings for an hour and hiphopabs in the evenings, total of 2 hours a day.

and remember loosing weight is not a choice , It's a MUST .

Last edited by Dany87; 09-17-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #652  
Completely INSANE

Cool

Dany87- Thanks for your opinion, and I will take it as just that. There is nothing that I am "confused" about when it comes to Insanity... Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wont work for others. In fact I have lost 15 pound while on Insanity. I have before and current pics and there is a HUGE difference!!

I am confused as to why someone would tell you only slow exercise makes you lose weight. Is this person a doctor??? There are plenty of intense activities that that stimulate weight loss.

Combined with diet there is no reason a person would not be able to lose weight while doing Insanity, unless they are half asing it... and not following the program...

I will continue to keep my expectations high for Insanity as the results it has produced are PHENOMENAL, I don't do it because it "makes me feel good for doing something hard"... I do it because it is hard as **** and when you are really digging you WILL get results!!! Pictures don't lie!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #653  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttellier View Post
Hello everyone! I just started Insanity this Monday. It's definitely kicking my butt....but I also lost 4 lbs already! So I am excited to continue and ache and complain in order to finally lose this weight.
WELCOME! I love Insanity!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #654  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Melissa-You know that I will completely agree with you! Your results have been amazing so far, and I know that you love the program. Keep working and I think that you will be on your way to serious "rippedness" (lol) here very soon!

dany87
-I have lost 15 lbs with Insanity as well, and slow exercise ONLY making you lose weight, that is a crock of crap! Excuse the language. I have a bachelor's and masters in Biology (Anatomy and Physiology) and that is completely ridiculous! It really comes down to calories in/out, and if you want to get them out by walking around Disneyland every day, training for an ultra marathon, doing Insanity, or whatever exercise you follow you will lose if you are creating a deficit. It is tougher to lose the last 10 pounds because if you are in a healthy range, your body doesn't necessarily want to "give up" that weight and you have to work harder to lose the fat that your body stores for you in case you were to not have access to proper nourishment. I wouldn't blame the program, I would say that you might not have been following it correctly especially if your diet is not COMPLETELY on plan. If you are doing Insanity and not eating the proper amount of calories/protein/carbs/fat to lose that last 10 lbs. THEN YOU WON'T. Your opinion is just that, but please don't come on this forum specifically for the reason of trashing others' regimen's and expecting it to make a difference when you have completely nonconstructive advice to give. I will post my pics as well, there is a seriously noticeable difference between DAY 1 and now the end of week 4 ROUND 2 of Insanity. NO ONE could say I was "ripped" before starting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before Round 1.jpg (42.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Round 2 Week 4.jpg (15.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-17-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #655  

ok, as I said you are free to do what ever you do with your time ,
I was only expressing my opinion since I lost more than 30 pounds with other cardio programs and nothing with insanity.
after I saw other peoples result I got the conclusion that insanity works only on a few type of people.
besides I don't see much difference in your picture either,in the second picture you have obviously done your best yo hold your belly back, I don't call that a weight loss , you can do that with only walking .

I don't know maybe if you are really fat insanity helps , when I was doing insanity I was like 5k overweight to be in the perfect shape.

Last edited by Dany87; 09-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #656  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

dany-Okay so it's great that you have lost weight other ways, but we have used this program to lose weight quite well. I am also a former collegiate athlete, and I have done almost every workout on the planet: running, walking, weight lifting heavy/light, playing soccer for 6 hours a day, etc. I am SUPER happy for you that you lost with another program, but would appreciate it if you didn't come onto this thread and talk about other programs and say that it doesn't work. Again, if you didn't lose ANYTHING or see ANY IMPROVEMENT in muscle tone/body shape then I say to you-you are DOING SOMETHING WRONG. If you are telling me I am holding my belly back, how do you explain away the 15 lbs and 4% body fat I have lost doing Insanity (I get skin fold caliper tests done regularly), as well as the 3 inches in my waist and the 4 inches in my hips? If you can't see the difference then your are either blind, or jealous that other people can stick with Insanity and get results that you couldn't. I think that you should just stick to what works for you and stay out of this thread. I AM AN ATHLETE and this program WORKS and has been great for me because it is something that kicks a$$ and makes it really hard, to the point of failure to get through. If you enjoy slow exercise then join the walk away the pounds or another thread.

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-17-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #657  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Day 20/ Week 3/ Round 1

Wow...the thread is really hopping these days! Welcome tttellier and tinneranne2

Sorry, I've been M.I.A. for most of the week ladies. No worries ...I've been digging deeper and re-calculating my threshold for pain! (Shaun T - I think I love you!)

I've got a Tip of the Day for you guys. Never...ever...ever spill an entire mug of cappuccino on your keyboard! You will ruin it forever and end up spending $ you had allotted for "entertainment purposes" on a new one! Dang...I really wanted to see Jason Momoa in the new Conan movie! Gonna have to wait another week. Then again, that won't be a bad prize for completing my first month of Insanity.

Today's workout is Plyo Cardio Circuit. I'm stalling till about 5 pm before I do it. I've decided to add 25 "suicides" to my a.m. cardio/ weight training workout. I struggle with my form during PlyoCC cause I get so tired from pushing myself through the suicides.

Melissa: Congrats on making it through a tough week! I watched most of Max Interval Plyo. Yikes!!! Been practicing that crazy donkey kick move. (The one that looks like the advanced version of skier abs.) Good lord...they are INSANE! My abs are taking a beating.

munstermommy: FYI: I broke up with my scale for good this time! From now on, I'm only going to weigh myself once every month or two. Just to make sure I'm not backsliding. I love the sense of accomplish I feel after completing my Insanity workouts. In the end, that means more to me than a number on a scale. Plus, some of my leggings are too big around the waist. So I know something great is happening to my body!

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #658  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany87 View Post
ok, as I said you are free to do what ever you do with your time ,
I was only expressing my opinion since I lost more than 30 pounds with other cardio programs and nothing with insanity.
after I saw other peoples result I got the conclusion that insanity works only on a few type of people.
besides I don't see much difference in your picture either,in the second picture you have obviously done your best yo hold your belly back, I don't call that a weight loss , you can do that with only walking .

I don't know maybe if you are really fat insanity helps , when I was doing insanity I was like 5k overweight to be in the perfect shape.
Honestly and to be quite blunt I find your approach to be extremely rude and condescending. I do appreciate the fact you have lost weight your own way... BUT I am really irritated by the fact you are implying that we are wasting our time... and how dare you come on here and put someone Else's results down!

Insanity is NOT for everyone, just because you didn't get the results you were looking for doesn't mean as a whole the program doesn't work unless you are already in shape. For one when you are building your muscles, muscle weighs more that fat... the measurements are your moment of truth not the scale...

Since my last post I have talked with several of my friends who are either fitness junkies, athletes, or beachbody coaches and they all said the same the... your assertion that only SLOW exercise stimulates weight loss is entirely off base. Plus just a FYI I talked about doing hip hop abs before Insanity and all of em said I would get way more out of Insanity...

Please don't come on here and attack our method... if you don't like it post a thread of something you do like... just another FYI it is against the rules to say someone else's method doesn't work if you weren't asked... and we didn't ask, and frankly don't care what you think of it or how we spend our time... think it is time for you to pack up and move on... cuz just like the workout this thread isn't for you either! and have a nice day
Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #659  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I so so so want to do insanity! I'm going to get it as soon as I save up some money for it. I'm thinking of doing it November/December to keep me focused through the holidays (a time at which I'm very good at slacking off). I have been reading posts in this thread for a while and an so impressed with you all! Keep it up!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #660  
Completely INSANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikini Ready View Post
I so so so want to do insanity! I'm going to get it as soon as I save up some money for it. I'm thinking of doing it November/December to keep me focused through the holidays (a time at which I'm very good at slacking off). I have been reading posts in this thread for a while and an so impressed with you all! Keep it up!
Welcome! I am sure you will love and hate the program all at the same time hahaha
Closed Thread