Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #631  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies!

So today was Cardio Recovery, which I needed since I am training a friend of mine on top of Insanity and doing my own other workouts haha! I really like the recovery workouts for both month 1 and 2, after kicking your own a** for the week and Shaun T yelling at you, it is nice to have a comparatively (because come on a normal person would still say the recovery workouts are tough lol) calm and relaxing workout! There must be something seriously wrong with us lol! Anyway, back into it tomorrow, just 2 more days to go until Recovery Week again and then...dun dun dun...MONTH 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow I can't wait! I just want to see the sweat and fat melting off me haha! Hope you ladies had a great day and that you had fun with Shaun T lol!

Melissa
-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG I just laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!!!!!!!!!!!! I do the same thing I abuse Shaun T so much during workouts I wouldn't be surprised if his ears were burning every morning (there have to be thousands of us doing it I swear lol). I just thought about my blinds when I read that comment, I keep my front door open and I just thought about the people who could potentially see me, they are thinking "what the h*** is that psycho doing?!" LOL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man there is something wrong with us that we love this torture. Great job and keep it up!

dangerous
-You will knock out month 1 no problem in Round 2 trust me! I hope that you aren't sore too, I hate those days when the legs are sore and heavy and don't want to move and Shaun T is like "let's go yall!" OMG that's when I start berating him and really getting angry haha! Keep digging deeper! You can do it!

Okay girls, hope tomorrow goes well and talk to you soon!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #632  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default Another long day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurves76 View Post
Ok...so I have Thursday's workout schedule all planned out. Early a.m. 5k and then Yoga Booty Ballet (Hip Hop Abs) Then later before dinner I'll do my Recovery Cardio.
Overslept this morning so I had to downgrade to 1.5 miles. Felt so bad I added Yoga Booty Ballet (Cabaret) to my evening workout. For a grand total of 2.5 hrs of sweating and stretching!

Tomorrow, I'm working out with my cousin again. He wants to give Cardio Power & Resistance another try. Which works out great for me cause I'll need someone to PUSH me tomorrow.

Melissa: 25 pushup jacks? You are INSANE! Shaun T turns women into warriors! I love it. I'm actually looking forward to my next fit test cause I plan to rock it out.

munstermommy: You're so right about the Recovery workout. My thighs were burning and I was getting a major cramp. Yet somehow in my mind, I kept thinking "This feels sooooo good. No jumping....no suicides." There's definitely something questionable about how my brain works since I've started Insanity.

Well ladies, I'm beat. Gotta run.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #633  
Hardwork...Dedication

Got an early start on my workouts!

Already completed Cardio Power & Resistance plus Supreme 90 (Shoulders/Arms)

Working out with my cousin was a blast this morning. Shaun T was giving him H*ll! It felt sooooo good to be able to keep up with the dvd. My cousin was like "What the did you eat for breakfast? You're making me look bad!" I told him I had a big bowl of DIG DEEPER w/ a side dish of Move Your Lazy Azz! He flipped me the bird...and we both cracked up laughing. Definitely wasting precious energy we needed to keep going. Good times!

Lucky for me, I wasn't sore this morning. So I feel confident that the added walk/run was worth it. Tonight, I have another cardio session planned. Gotta do what I gotta do before Monday's weigh in and fit test. I'm ready to see that scale finally move in the right direction. Pretty please w/ a cherry on top.

munstermommy: Are you following the Insanity nutrition plan? And/ or using any supplements? These two-a-day workouts are brutal. Want to make sure I'm not deficient in anything.

Melissa: Looks like you've got one more day of recovery. Any lingering aches and pains? I'm excited for your month 2. Can't wait to hear how crazy the workouts are.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #634  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Good Evening Girls!

So today was supposed to be Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs but I woke up late and didn't have time to do the whole thing so I switched tomorrow's workout in for it (Plyo Circuit). Tomorrow morning I will bust those two out. Went to the gym and did some super insane sprint/incline intervals that my bro in law sent to me (he owns a personal training company/gym about 4 hours away from us) that kicks a$$!!!!! OMG sweating like crazy legs are screaming by the end! Gotta love that . Trying to get off the TMO bloat, was up about 1 lb (typically up about 3 though so hoping to see a big whoosh come next week's weigh in ) so that's a bummer even though I know it is all water weight. Hoping to get in the double DVD tomorrow before 7am because otherwise I have a baby literally crawling on me while I am trying to do level 2 drills lol! She is 8 months and man she gets excited when she thinks I am coming down on the floor lol!

dangerous-Yes I am basically following the nutrition plan. I have to cook for my hubby, DS, and myself so I do modify with things that I have on hand that we all like, but stick to the calories, high protein, veggies, etc. I just modify the recipes essentially. I really like it! HAHA I have made my hubby do this with me (ex college football player, 6 pack, weight lifter, about 9-10% body fat) and he is like "why in the H*LL would you do this??????" as he is dripping sweat and falling down on the floor lol!! It gives me such a rush to kick his tall a$$ in this lol! Doesn't it feel amazing??? Gotta love Shaun T for it although 90% of the time I wish I could jump through the TV and kick him in his finely sculpted butt LOL!!!!! What week are you in again? I hit a stall right during week 3 and then it came off like crazy again after that. Hoping for a great weigh in and fit test for you!

Okay girls, hoping to get that Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs done early so I can take baby girl to the gym at 8am to bust out some more cardio+strength (I am hoping to make it to a body sculpt class we shall see!). Keep kicking butt ladies!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #635  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Quick post while I am on here. Went to the gym for 1.5 hours and did cardio, sprints, and abs. Had Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs but my Cardio Abs DVD is NOT WORKING GRRRRRRRRRRRR . Hence the abs at the gym. Shaun T cracks me up in Pure Cardio I love it! Anyway I will check in later, hoping that you all are having a great day and WOOHOO for an "off" day tomorrow (I will still work out, but no Shaun T lol). Talk to you ladies soon!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #636  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

So praise be for a day off lol! I might actually take the full day off (I haven't done that for over a month now 7 days a week holy cow!). I fee like my body really needs it. So, I might just lay around and watch football with hubby and play with the LOs and then take a nap with DS and DD when they go down later this afternoon! I love having a hubby who works in a school district lol. Hope you all have a good day off (even if you are still working out haha!) and talk to you all soon!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #637  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

WHEeeeeeeeeeeew baby we are full bore into the **** now!!! Month two and all of it's insanity are upon us! Feeling pretty good today, The workout was not quite as hard as I was anticipating!! Other than feeling significantly longer I powered through it and "dug deep". It was hard looking up at the clock after the warmup and stretches to see that I still had a full 44 minutes of the actual workout!! Other than that it was all good! I did the fit test yesterday and just skipped my rest day. I wanted to give both the fit test and max interval my all so loosing a rest day was a better option than killing myself in one day hahaha. My numbers from the fit test are crazy (for me)... I was floored by how many more switch kicks I was able to do, that and push up jacks... 20 fricken 7... holly cow am I gonna have some guns after this!! Maybe I can be a female UFC fighter when I get through this LMFAO...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fit Test day onenumbers.jpg (40.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #638  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

So today is Core Cardio and Balance plus I am coaching soccer tonight so I am working out with the team. I hope that you all are having a great day, and man oh man here comes MONTH 2!!!!!!!!!! I'm super stoked I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

melissa-YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA baby! You go woman! Feels amazing once you finish that Max Interval Plyo doesn't it? You are doing sooooooooooo great! I am going to bust out this recovery week plus running/soccer practice and then I am beyond excited for month 2! Keep it up and DIG DEEP you are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by munstermommy; 09-12-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #639  
Hardwork...Dedication

Ok..so I had another crazy weekend. Managed to get all my workouts in and spent some time relaxing w/friends. Woke up excited to weigh-in and do my fit test. Went into the bathroom and stepped on the scale. I'm up 3.5 lbs! I was too stunned to even think straight. Fighting back tears, I logged onto beachbody.com and found a bunch of women had gone thru the same thing.

Note to self: Breathe deep...relax..it's ok! I know my diet is on point. I haven't had booze in quite a few months and no sweets in over a month. I'm eating as clean and organic as my grocery budget will allow. TOM is next week, so maybe I'm already retaining water! Who knows for sure what's going on. But at the end of the day, I know I'm taking great care of myself. I'm just going to have to dig deeper and push myself even farther. Soooo glad I have you ladies to share my success and struggles with!

On the upside, I rocked my fit test!

Day 15/ Week 3/ Round 1

Fit Test #2

Switch kicks: 124/62 each (110)
Power Jacks: 65 (50) *Woo-hoo! I kept up w/ Tanya!
Power knees: 100 (80)
Power jumps: 50 (36) *I'm still in shock!
Globe jumps: 13 (8)
Suicide jumps: 15 (12)
Pushup jacks: 15 (5) *200% improvement? That's just INSANE!
Low plank obliques: 50 (40)

Gotta run for now, I'll check back before bed.

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 09-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #640  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

dangerous-No worries, I had the same thing around week 3, I didn't gain but I didn't lose ANYTHING, not a single thing for almost 2 solid weeks. I was P!SSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I was on point etc. but man I was angry! so don't get too worried about it. I think it really is all that water retention, TOM, building lean mass, etc. I had to check about 50 other beachbody boards before I could chill out lol! So keep working! You are doing great and you WILL see results I PROMISE! Seriously, same thing happened to me, and in the first round I lost 12 lbs total. So keep going! BTW I almost want to just kick this recovery to the curb and start month 2 right now lol! Oh well, give myself a little break. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!! I will be rooting you on in the morning when I start Core Cardio at 5:45am lol! Have a great day and keep digging!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #641  
Hardwork...Dedication

Quick check-in before I call it a night.

Melissa: You go girl! I'm so happy you had a strong start on month 2. on the pushup jacks! 27 is freaking mind boggling. Good idea to skip the rest day. The fit test is NO joke on it's own. Curiosity is killing me...think I'm going to watch Max Interval tomorrow!

munstermommy: Enjoy your "faux" recovery week! Dang...you're like the energizer bunny. I gotta keep digging deeper and get me some of that energy!

Just checked the calendar...Plyo Cardio tomorrow. More cussing and fussing in my future! Dreaded workout...I will eventually conquer you!

Good night ladies.

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 09-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #642  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Hey Girls!

Core Cardio and Balance this morning . I hate those freakin hip flexor burners and the shoulder burners. Man they are killer lol! But I LOVE not jumping around like a fool for an hour haha! Hit the gym and ran+strength so feeling great today! Hope you ladies had a good night and that your workouts go well today! Let's kick Shaun T's a$$ ladies!

dangerous
-the "recovery" week this time is more like recovery for sure than in Round 1. I was still hurting then haha! So hoping for a good rest because I KNOW that next week is going to seriously kick my a$$ for sure! I am super excited about it lol! I just know that when I get my body fat tested again after this second round it is going to be down more and that makes me so stoked lol! Hope that you had a good workout today, and you should watch Max Interval it is fun to see some of the cast members dying haha .
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #643  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I borrowed the dvds from a friend (her husband bought them a while back and then promptly forgot about them)...but I didn't think to ask what the schedule/order for actually DOING them was.

Can anyone help me out? Or point me in the right direction for finding the info myself? I'm just starting the 30DS but I want to do Insanity after that.

Last edited by tinneranne2; 09-13-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #644  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

tinneranne2-Woohoo another brave soldier to add to the tortured masses LOL! You can go online and print the schedule out, just Google Insanity calendar, and you will come up with a bunch of image files that you can print. You basically just need that and nothing else, it's that easy! DISCLAIMER: There is nothing easy about this program. However, if you literally want to kick your own a$$ every day, sweat an ocean on your living room floor, curse another human being for his very existence, cry tears of relief when the workout is FINALLY over, get results like crazy, and be able to kick MAJOR A$$ in almost any fitness endeavor you can think of...INSANITY IS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it, I am on Round 2 recovery week (finished Round 1, 12 lbs lost 4% body fat lost, 7:30 min. mile time afterward) and am going to enter Month 2 THE REAL INSANITY LOL on Monday. Join us in this craziness, we love the company haha . I am so excited that you have decided to try it! There aren't nearly enough of us right now, and it is an AMAZING program. Hope to hear about your progress, keep us updated on the 30DS too, and then get ready for some serious sweating, fatigue, and awesomeness lol!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #645  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
I borrowed the dvds from a friend (her husband bought them a while back and then promptly forgot about them)...but I didn't think to ask what the schedule/order for actually DOING them was.

Can anyone help me out? Or point me in the right direction for finding the info myself? I'm just starting the 30DS but I want to do Insanity after that.
I use this one... PDF Custom Insanity Calendar Someone on the Beachbody forum posted it. It has a little more personality than the other in my opinion.
Closed Thread