Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #541  

S/C/G: 145/136.5/124

Height: 5'5"

I am really loving CLX - I like the different workouts she does for the thighs, because it usually takes a ton for me to actually get sore in that area, but with her weight training videos my thighs are constantly sore!

The only thing I find lacking in that routine is cardio - so I do a lot of extra cardio on other days, such as Turbo Jam & Insanity. I'm excited for June to see how Turbo Fire is compared to Insanity (it's female version basically, so I hear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCypressLily View Post
I mix and match too. I've never done Insanity all the way through (at my weight, it's still too hard on my joints to do every day), but I love it enough to incorporate it into my rotation at least once (usually twice) a week.

I'm planning on starting CLX beginning in July and I'm really, really going to try to stick that program through from start to finish. My problem is I get bored doing the same workouts (or even same instructors) every day. Since CLX is only a 5 day/week rotation and I need to add cardio to it for maximum results anyway, I'm hoping my add-ons for cardio will be enough to keep me from getting too bored an in a rut.

How are you liking CLX? I'm excited to start.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #542  
msm

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
I'm having big motivational problems. Since last Thursday I haven't worked out. I just don't want to do it. I mean, I love Shaun T, but I'm having a hard time staying motivated (witch is weird, since I've already lost more than 20 pounds on the last 4 months - my body is supposed to be my biggest motivation).

I'm still counting calories though, having at least a caloric deficit of 3500 a week. But oh... I just had to share this with you guys. I will have to add up another week to Insanity... 6th week on the first month. I feel like a failure.
MJKiddo don't feel like a failure - you are not the only one who has lost motivation when it comes to Insanity. I've heard this so much, even from real exercise fiends. I read a blog about this guy - who was in pretty good shape, and he ended up just plain stopping somewhere in month 2. just couldn't get himself to do it. It took a LOT for me to finish it, and I didn't even really do the last week properly. So instead of 9 weeks, I took 12 to do the whole thing, and never quite finished the last week. And since I stopped, I have had a tough time getting into a routine with exercise again. Today is Day 1 for me once again and hopefully I will stay in the routine. The thing with Insanity is that it is TOUGH. and it is hard to motivate to put yourself through that every single day. So don't be too hard on yourself. It may make sense to work in a couple of other workouts so that you are at least doing something. We are all in the same boat - it is tough - and you are not the person who has felt like this - and you are definitely not a failure.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #543  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone
Any one seriously overweight doing Insanity? I am 5'6 and weigh 230. Anyone in the same boat? How are you all doing?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #544  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, from everything I've ready and from previewing the workouts, I think added cardio is definitely necessary.

Oh, I hadn't heard of Turbo Fire--thanks for the head's up! I just googled it and it looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise24 View Post
I am really loving CLX - I like the different workouts she does for the thighs, because it usually takes a ton for me to actually get sore in that area, but with her weight training videos my thighs are constantly sore!

The only thing I find lacking in that routine is cardio - so I do a lot of extra cardio on other days, such as Turbo Jam & Insanity. I'm excited for June to see how Turbo Fire is compared to Insanity (it's female version basically, so I hear)
Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #545  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

**Raises hand** I made it to the third week of following the Insanity protocol, but all the plyo was killing my hip joints (oddly enough, my knees felt ok), so I've been rotating it with lower-impact videos.
I love it--I greatly prefer non-dancy workouts and anything that gives good cardio utilizing sports drills is right up my alley. And Insanity definitely delivers on that. Obviously, at my size I can't keep up with Shaun T, but I still get a great workout. Some of the moves I have to modify, but there hasn't been anything that I felt I couldn't do (of course I haven't tried any of the month two workouts).
All in all, it's one of my favorites. I wouldn't recommend it to a seriously obese person who is just starting to exercise, but if you've been working out and active and are looking for a challenge, I'd say go for it. Just be prepared to modify moves if necessary.
Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floprieto View Post
Hey everyone
Any one seriously overweight doing Insanity? I am 5'6 and weigh 230. Anyone in the same boat? How are you all doing?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #546  

I know it looks like a less repetitive version of Insanity. Not sure how the intensity will compare but TurboFire looks pretty intense from its infomercial. Definitely can't wait to try it!

Quote:
Yeah, from everything I've ready and from previewing the workouts, I think added cardio is definitely necessary.

Oh, I hadn't heard of Turbo Fire--thanks for the head's up! I just googled it and it looks good!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 193/181/150

Height: 5'4

hi everyone.. just started the insanity program today.. i have been dieting only for about 6 weeks now and lost about 10 lbs. a friend of mine purchased insanity and started on the second set, so im just now beginning it. did the first fit test today and i thought i was going to physically get sick. my thighs and calves are on fire right now. not looking forward to the week to come of sore muscles.. but as many have prevously said the soreness goes away by the end of the first week. hopefully this thread will keep me motivated.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #548  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

I haven't seen the infomercial yet--I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it. It's funny, one of the things I loved about Insanity when I first started it was that it had enough variety to each workout that I didn't get bored and now I, too, think of it as repetitive! I guess that's true of any workout program though. Luckily my workout library is now big enough that I have plenty of variety Of course, I'm now addicted to home workouts (I used to be very resistance to it--had a mental image of leg warmers and jazzercize that didn't seem appealing to me), so it'll keep growing.

Quote:
I know it looks like a less repetitive version of Insanity. Not sure how the intensity will compare but TurboFire looks pretty intense from its infomercial. Definitely can't wait to try it!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #549  

Hahah yeah, until recently (when I moved to the middle of no-where due to my husband being in the military) I was against workout videos and always went to the gym. But I started out of convenience and now I am also addicted!

You can go to youtube and just enter turbofire or turbo fire with a space and find the infomercial Let me know what you think! I think I'm going to love it because it has the Intensity I got from Insanity but the fun I get from Turbo Jam.

Quote:
I haven't seen the infomercial yet--I'm going to have to keep an eye out for it. It's funny, one of the things I loved about Insanity when I first started it was that it had enough variety to each workout that I didn't get bored and now I, too, think of it as repetitive! I guess that's true of any workout program though. Luckily my workout library is now big enough that I have plenty of variety Of course, I'm now addicted to home workouts (I used to be very resistance to it--had a mental image of leg warmers and jazzercize that didn't seem appealing to me), so it'll keep growing.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #550  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

I was the same way--but I'll happily eat crow since I get a much better all-around workout at home than I ever did at the gym (mostly because I would stick to the same routines at the gym).

Ok, so Turbofire is definitely on my must-have list in 2010. I looks similar in intensity to Insanity but with more kickboxing interspersed with the plyo and sports drills (I love kickboxing, so this is great for me). Excited!

Quote:
Hahah yeah, until recently (when I moved to the middle of no-where due to my husband being in the military) I was against workout videos and always went to the gym. But I started out of convenience and now I am also addicted!

You can go to youtube and just enter turbofire or turbo fire with a space and find the infomercial Let me know what you think! I think I'm going to love it because it has the Intensity I got from Insanity but the fun I get from Turbo Jam.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #551  

just finished with the 2nd day and struggled so much with the plyo dvd. had to take several breaks and couldnt keep up with them in the dvd or even get through it all the way. felt like i was going to get sick again.. very discouraging. had sweat pouring off me and drank so much water.. still sore from the fit test yesterday in my upper thighs and calves, so it hurt to do several of the exercises.. i feel like a big baby writing all of this, but this program is no joke. hopefully tomorrow the cardio power wont discourage me as much... any one out there with any words of encouragement? i could sure use them
Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #552  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

It's a HARD program...but...the main premise is to do as much as YOU can. Yes, it's going to make you sore. Yes, it'll be discouraging at times if you can't do some of the moves. But the main thing to remember is you're not competing with the folks on tv--if you can't go as fast as they can or do as many reps as they can, that's ok. Also, it's perfectly acceptable to modify moves to suit your body's capabilities. Personally, I have a hard time with jumping jacks--the motion really hurts my hip joints. So I modify those to a lower impact version. Same thing for some of the jumps--for example, after doing a couple reps of globe jumps I physically cannot go as deep and have any hope of elevating into a jump..so, I don't go as deep into the squat and I don't touch the floor on the last few reps. That's my concession to my body. I'm keeping my body in alignment and being safe form-wise and I'm keeping my cardio up...that's the important thing.
Also remember that it's perfectly ok to take breaks..same thing with any fitness program..just do as much as you can and you will get better. Over time, you'll be able to do more reps and do them with more speed. Just be patient with your self, trust your body, push yourself but also know your own limitations.
And, if you find you can't do the full rotation each week, do what I eventually did--rotate Insanity workouts with lower impact workouts til you get to the point where you CAN do them everyday. That's ok too
Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla7488 View Post
just finished with the 2nd day and struggled so much with the plyo dvd. had to take several breaks and couldnt keep up with them in the dvd or even get through it all the way. felt like i was going to get sick again.. very discouraging. had sweat pouring off me and drank so much water.. still sore from the fit test yesterday in my upper thighs and calves, so it hurt to do several of the exercises.. i feel like a big baby writing all of this, but this program is no joke. hopefully tomorrow the cardio power wont discourage me as much... any one out there with any words of encouragement? i could sure use them
Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #553  

thanks that helped a lot! i think its discouraging because i am doing it alone in my own living room. when i give up on myself i stop and thats that. i dont have anyone physically there to push me.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #554  

Yes it is very easy to stop when you are by yourself. When I was doing Insanity and I know I needed to take a break I would give myself a time limit - whether it be 30 seconds to a minute. That would allow me to catch my breath and by counting down I KNEW I was going to keep going. Maybe something like that will help you keep going

Trust me - give it a week or two - it does get easier and you will be amazed at how much more you can do in a small time frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla7488 View Post
thanks that helped a lot! i think its discouraging because i am doing it alone in my own living room. when i give up on myself i stop and thats that. i dont have anyone physically there to push me.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #555  

After a week of rest (I was sick and bored) I am restarting Insanity today with the Cardio Core & Balance Week.

I really love this program and I love the reaction I get when I say I'm doing it: "OMG, you're doing Insanity? Awesome!"

Wish me luck for the second month.. I am kind of scared for it.
Closed Thread