Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #586  

Default insanity workouts

Hi, all! i am new to this site but wanted to post a reply to those who wanted to know if insanity worked as well as shawn t says it does. I just completed round 1 of insanity yesterday and can say that it does all it says and then some! i have totally transformed my body to where i want it to be. it is the hardest workout ever put on dvd for very good reasons and if you get it be prepared to dig deep and push yourself to the limits. i can promise you if you do this you will love the results. the nutrition plan that comes with it is easy to follow also! if you do insanity get the results and recovery formula to help your body repair itself after every workout and you will be less sore the next day to tackle it one more time. i am now going to start hip hop abs with insanity for round two of more max interval training and muscle confusion!! good luck to everyone starting it!!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #587  

S/C/G: 184/170/135

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

I didn't finish P90x because the workouts were long, hard and boring. They were good workouts though if I were in better shape to start I would have enjoyed them more. I'm picking up Insanity tonight, I'm stoked about not needing any equipment, seeing results in 60 days vs 90, and I think the cardio aspect will help me be in better shape when I'm ready for P90. The good things I've seen in the Beachbody workouts is you don't have to do exactly what they are doing you work your way up, but you have to stick to it long enough to see. There's also a new Turbo Fire workout thats music/kickboxing/cardio that women seem to like more but I'm not that coordinated.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #588  

S/C/G: 195/195/155

Height: 5'4"

Ok ladies. I am new to the whole forum and bloging thing. But after taking a late nap yesterday, I found myself up to 3 am and seen the insanity infomercial. I immediately search for reviews and came across this blog. After reading all the post and talking to my husband, we have decided to start insanity. We are now waiting on delivery. I don't know whether or not be excited or very very scared. I have never been on any kind of excersie program and this might seem extreme but I am highly motivated in other aspect of my life. Why should being healthy be any different? With that though, I am eagerly waiting to start.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #589  

S/C/G: 195/195/155

Height: 5'4"

Has anybody tried doing Insanity and Weight Watchers together? If so, how did it work?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #590  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaym View Post
Has anybody tried doing Insanity and Weight Watchers together? If so, how did it work?
This is a good question - I'm going to try doing them together and see how that works out. If anyone has any insight please share!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #591  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!
I'm new and I'm super excited forban Insanity specific board! I am starting week 3 tomorrow. I am also running with the cross country team of the school that I coach soccer for tomorrow eekk scared! I am hoping that combo will get rid of the baby weight! Any encouragement/ advice for someone doing another workout regimen with Insanity is greatly appreciated! Keep up the Insane work ladies!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #592  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Fit test 2!!!!!!

Ok so today ran 4 miles with xcountry team before doing the second fit test omg I'm sooooooooooo tired! I'm adding that 4 days a week to insanity in the hopes of getting into shape quick and kicking this baby weight! So here were my fit test results after country practice (first # is from fit test 1):

Switch kicks: 54/63
Power jacks: 50/55 (legs are soooooo dead!)
Power knees: 71/90 (yay!!!!)
Power jumps: 31/32 (I swear my legs would NOT move for these better next time!)
Globe jumps: 8/11 (woohoo!)
Suicide jumps: 13/20
Push up jacks: 18/23
Low plank oblique: 63

Just have to keep after it but I know I'll sleep well tonight lol!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #593  

S/C/G: 187/157/140

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaym View Post
Hi all! I've been reading a lot in this forum and I decided to give in and sign up! I am currently doing WW and Insanity. I am on week 2 day 4. I have been eating all of my points and having a protein shake after each workout to get cover the activity points I earn from doing insanity. Last week I gained 2 lbs. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed since I went from virtually no exercise to INSANITY! I'll keep you all updated, hopefully I won't gain again this week!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #594  

S/C/G: 157/137/135

Height: 5'5

I did day 8 today - Pure Cardio. Man they aren't lying! I HATE cardio but I am forcing myself to keep trucking for that reason...and I'm getting married next month. I am not excited for month two where it's two workouts in one day!

How's everyone else doing? Keep at it ladies! They don't call it Insanity for nothing
Old 07-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #595  

Default WW and Insanity

I weighed myself this morning just to see if the extra two lbs I put on last week has disappeared, looks like about 1/2 a lb gone, but that's not much considering I though doing Insanity would SPEED up losing these last 15 lbs, not slow it down! FRUSTRATING! I didn't see any change in inches either, so I am going to go out today and get a new pair of "goal" pants so I have another way to measure if I am making progress. Am I the only person that is NOT losing weight with insanity?!?

These workouts have seemed harder in week two, did anyone else feel that way? I think it was be because I have better form and I am paying more attention to how I am doing to exercises. I realized that I have done push-ups wrong my whole life so my husband is helping me fix my form on those.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #596  

Days 9 and 10 today (Plyometrics followed by Recovery). I took Friday off because my shin and knee were aching, and yesterday I just ran out of time...so I did two today. I'm hoping to stay on track with it from here on out, but I can't ignore my body if it's hurting! My wonderful fiance did get me some of the puzzle piece looking floor mats to lay over my area rug and concrete floor. It seems to be helping

Only 50 days left to go!!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #597  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyerin View Post
I weighed myself this morning just to see if the extra two lbs I put on last week has disappeared, looks like about 1/2 a lb gone, but that's not much considering I though doing Insanity would SPEED up losing these last 15 lbs, not slow it down! FRUSTRATING! I didn't see any change in inches either, so I am going to go out today and get a new pair of "goal" pants so I have another way to measure if I am making progress. Am I the only person that is NOT losing weight with insanity?!?

These workouts have seemed harder in week two, did anyone else feel that way? I think it was be because I have better form and I am paying more attention to how I am doing to exercises. I realized that I have done push-ups wrong my whole life so my husband is helping me fix my form on those.
I've been fluctuating with weight...but I think a lot of it is because of my diet. It eat relatively healthy but give myself too many cheat moments. I have noticed I've been losing inches, but not pounds...so I'm happy to at least see some results.

I'm just getting into week too, but the plyometrics and pure cardio seemed harder the second time around. I did plyometrics today after two days off and it seemed a lot easier to get by. It seems like going the 6 days straight is rougher because your muscles get so tight and sore, which makes it harder...but after a while I think it will start to get easier.

Keep us posted on your progress!!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #598  

S/C/G: 209.5/202/160

Height: 5'7

I have to agree with everyone..Insanity is very hard, even for the somewhat fit. I couldn't get through one workout (but I'm 60lbs overweight). My brother who is fit and just wants to chisel up has a hard time getting through them.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #599  

Hey everyone,

Well, I still haven't lost the 2 lbs I gained after my first week on Insanity. I did fit test 2 today, here are the results!

Switch Kicks: 40/44
Power Jacks: 42/52
Power Knees: 69/80!
Power Jumps: 20/29
Globe Jumps: 6/9
Suicide Jumps: 7/10
Push-up Jacks: 9/20
Low Plank Oblique: 21/28

No change in measurements at all!

The only change I can see is more definition in my upper body, mostly shoulders and upper arms. I am going to stick with it, but it's discouraging to be eating right using weight watchers, and doing insanity and seeing virtually no results. I saw about 1-3 lb loss each week with WW alone so I am hoping this weight gain is only because my body has temporarily gone INSANE!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #600  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

So I was doing the Insanity workouts for about a month (though really I got through the first three weeks) and fell off... mainly because I got bored (believe it or not)! I can get bored when I know exactly what moves to expect. I can say, however, that my level of fitness has gone up dramatically and my inches have gone down (though I've more or less maintained in weight). Also, most notably, I regained my balance through the workouts. Focusing on your core is KEY.

Since falling off Insanity I was looking around for different workouts to add to the routine - a difficult task because most of the workouts out there do not stand up to Insanity! Starting today I'll be restarting with week 4 of the challenge, but only working 3 to 4x a week with Insanity, and other workouts on the other two days. I have also been doing Insanity with WW, and I'd say as long as you are truly working both programs, it works well together!! Just be careful and make sure you are getting those 5 fruits and veggies (more veg than fruit) a day. I HIGHLY recommend investing in some sort of recovery formula to drink after the workouts - helps keep your hunger stable throughout the day.

Now that I'm back at it I look forward to sharing war stories with you all (this thread was so quiet when I first posted...)
Closed Thread