Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 168/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I can't believe I'm writing this last post with tears in my eyes. Kind of stupid I guess, but I was really enjoying insanity. I have chondromalacia patella, which basically means the cartiledge in my leg is really really screwed up. The doctor said that I won't have to have surgery if I take the steps to fix it immediately. From what he said about my condition, I will never be able to do insanity again. I guess there's nothing really more to say. I wish I could've gotten to know everyone better! And I really really hope everyone else gets through the workout and has amazing results. Thanks so much for all the support.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #452  

I have been going back and forth with ordering this.

I have Chalean and have gone through it with very little in the way of results and my bodybugg isn't showing an increase in calorie burn......

This may just do the trick.

You all are great and are convincing me to just order!

Dawn
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'4

dawn check a couple of the other insanity posts.. someone had a site on there they got it for real cheap (well cheap for this program) i got mine on amazon and got it for 90 bucks and that included shipping.. and to think i almost bought it from qvc but i'm glad i looked around first.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #454  

Here is my problem with Amazon, Ebay, and those site where you can get it for half price.....

I bought Chalean Extreme from one of those sites. It looked all there and together until I realized it would NOT play on my Blu-Ray player (which was in our workout room) and that more than half of the guides were missing. It had just the basics and enough to make you think you were getting the entire set, but I realized it was a very good COPY.

It will play on my older DVD player (in the bedroom, NOT where I wanted to work out!) and I have looked at a REAL Chalean guide to know I got only a small part of a guide made to look real.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryWife View Post
dawn check a couple of the other insanity posts.. someone had a site on there they got it for real cheap (well cheap for this program) i got mine on amazon and got it for 90 bucks and that included shipping.. and to think i almost bought it from qvc but i'm glad i looked around first.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'4

dawn i can completely understand that ! The one I bought those was still sealed and brand new that was the only way i would buy it because my hubby wanted EVERYTHING that was on the infomercial :P Not like he's using it HAHAHA.

Let us know when you get it and when you start!!

To everyone else: Does anyone HATE the pure cardio day or is it just me?? I start it and then just get so like uggghhhh.. I don't even have a word for it HAHA! I just get it in my mind that I'm not going to finish it then get frustrated and end up not finishing it even though I probably could. Is it ok to just do a different workout that day or is it key to do the workouts exactly on the days he says?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Military Wife,
What exactly is it about pure cardio that you hate so much? Most people like that one the best because it is not so repetitive. You are free to of course exchange whatever workout you want for whatever but Insanity seems like the highest calorie burn for the time spent. I am sure you will see results regardless as long as you keep exercising.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 180/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ladies, I am back. It has been flu season at my house for the past two week. I am so glad it's over. Needless to say I have not been able to workout at all during the last two weeks. I was in the middle of week three when my family got sick.
They say as a mom you have to make time for yourself but it is really difficult.This coming Monday I decided that I am going to have to wake up extra early, before anyone wakes up and just get it done. I am just going to start all over again from week one. hopefully I'll be able to got through the 60 days straight without interruption. That's my goal.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #458  

The one I got (Chalean) was also sealed and looked completely legit. I wouldn't have realized it didn't have the entire book except I saw someone else's.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryWife View Post
dawn i can completely understand that ! The one I bought those was still sealed and brand new that was the only way i would buy it because my hubby wanted EVERYTHING that was on the infomercial :P Not like he's using it HAHAHA.

Let us know when you get it and when you start!!

To everyone else: Does anyone HATE the pure cardio day or is it just me?? I start it and then just get so like uggghhhh.. I don't even have a word for it HAHA! I just get it in my mind that I'm not going to finish it then get frustrated and end up not finishing it even though I probably could. Is it ok to just do a different workout that day or is it key to do the workouts exactly on the days he says?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #459  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes I think people copy them and sell the original and sell with out the book thats how mine came I just went on line and printed off the workout sheets from Chalean someone is always willing to tell you the order of the workouts BUT I found all the PDF files on line and just printed them off and sved a ton by buying on EBAY did pay full price for p90x and Insanity THOUGH!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #460  
lovethetruth

S/C/G: 138/138/132

Height: 5'2

i have to repeat week 4. i got really sick on my third day so today i will start all over again
Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 163/163/112

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn415 View Post
I have been going back and forth with ordering this.

I have Chalean and have gone through it with very little in the way of results and my bodybugg isn't showing an increase in calorie burn......

This may just do the trick.

You all are great and are convincing me to just order!

Dawn
This is my story exactly. I started with Chalean, but really had no results that I could see so I bought Insanity. I'm doing the Insanity workout now, and adding in the tree lift days from Chalean. I really like the Chalean workouts, I just don't think it gives that many people visible results, but I have a feeling it is really good for your body!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 144/139/128

Height: 5'6"

We are in our 3rd week of Insanity...did the fit test on Monday...pretty good improvements over first fit test. I love the work-outs, they are hard and there is a lot of sweating going on! They seem to be getting easier to get through, but like others have mentioned on this post, I am not seeing much if any weight loss. Maybe building some muscle and that's why?

What are you going to do after 60 days? Start over again?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #463  
msm

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmrn5 View Post
We are in our 3rd week of Insanity...did the fit test on Monday...pretty good improvements over first fit test. I love the work-outs, they are hard and there is a lot of sweating going on! They seem to be getting easier to get through, but like others have mentioned on this post, I am not seeing much if any weight loss. Maybe building some muscle and that's why?

What are you going to do after 60 days? Start over again?
Kmmrn5 - I will be done with Insanity in 2 1/2 weeks and the plan is to start P90X next :-)

I think for me the weight loss is now starting slowly. Perhaps it is the muscle building thing... hard to say.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 163/163/112

Height: 5'4"

I'm pretty much thinking to lose weight I have to do a better job with the amount of calories I eat. I am eating pretty healthy, but still too much. After reading through everything for this and other workouts it seems like without diet change you just aren't going to see the results. I know that is sort of a duuuh, but I guess I was hoping to see some results just from such a change in workout as Insanity!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #465  

Ok, serious about buying and looking.

Question: How do you get the extra 4 workouts/DVDs? I think the regular comes with 10???? I was confused as to the extras coming for free or extra cost?????

Thanks,

Dawn

PS: Found a copy on Craigslist. She ordered from the company so it is not a copy. HOpe to start this tomorrow!

Last edited by Dawn415; 04-07-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Closed Thread