Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post
mottainai- Actually, you CAN see a video of my front handspring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfyM-...&feature=g-upl I just don't have one of the back handpsring yet. Besides I was doing it off a trampoline onto a big cushy mat LOL I'm glad you're feeling better today!
Ahhhh, so cool!!! You're my hero, haha.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #137  

*** As an aside, can you all please tell me I don't want to change my plan and binge tomorrow?? Haha. I'm really struggling with the thought for some reason, probably just because I started thinking about it in the future, and it's gotten me a little crazy. I don't want to change things up now though, I know I'll regret it next week!!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
*** As an aside, can you all please tell me I don't want to change my plan and binge tomorrow?? Haha. I'm really struggling with the thought for some reason, probably just because I started thinking about it in the future, and it's gotten me a little crazy. I don't want to change things up now though, I know I'll regret it next week!!
You DO NOT want to binge tomorrow! Tomorrow is an important step in the process. I'll figure out a good reason tomorrow is SO important later, but it IS! So stick with it, you got this!

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #139  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

TGIF everyone!

I've been so busy this week! Sorry, I have not had time for personals..Lots of catching up to do!

First...I must have done something really hurtful to the god of 117! I was 118 exactly again today. I'm baffled too...COMPLETELY OP this week and 2 extra workouts; No pasta, bread, sugar or anything extra! Maybe it's water weight, but nonetheless it hurts!

Upside...I feel way less bloated and proud of myself for giving 110% this week! Downside...I had a complete meltdown yesterday with tears and all! I have NEVER struggled to lose weight like this. Usually I cut my carbs down, stay 80% on track and I still lose weight. Not fast..but at least I see some progress.

I plan on staying on track this weekend...but honestly I am worried about the weekend. Sigh...

Jossfit...I hope you had a gret visit with your hubby! Your photo shoot will be amazing and I can't wait to see your pics! Your abs are inspirational to me! I loved your comment about your husband and food. My husband, while supportive doesn't really understand how upset I am right now. I think he actually rolled his eyes at me when I started talking about it yesterday. He doesn't want to hear it...which is tough. I feel like he doesn't support me, and when I tell him, he says that I am just obsessed with a number. Truth is...I am! But only because I feel at my best when I'm under 115...not because I'm crazy about dieting.

Krampus...Welcome back. Didn't gain weight on vacation? How the %ell did you do that? We're going to Mexico for Christmas...I am already worried!

Mottainai...Stay strong! If anyone can...it's you!

Kakers...The day you posted about mac and cheese, I had actually made homeade mac and cheese for my hubby for dinner. It looked amazing..but I passed. I would not even test it...in fear that 1 spoonful would become 10! KD was my favourite growing up..we put ketchup on it!

Lockitup..You look amazing in your dress. Your support and encouragement has been so valuable and your progress inspiring...Keep up the great work!

Leila...I've been watching the weigh-in thread..you are making progress. Good for you!

Turbo...I hate when injuries interfere with what you REALLY want to accomplish...but resting is a good idea. Days off help it to heal. I love that we have cooking in common...I love to cook for people too! I like to bake and try different recipes...funny hobby for me, as I am obsessed with really good food, yet struggle with the balance of healthy eating.

Sorry if I missed anyone...might check back in tonight if I have time.

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #140  

Ooohhh boy, guess what I did?? Binged. Yep.
Well, so this was not my best week. I really felt as if I hit a breaking point here...it's been building up, and I cracked, I guess.

Factors:
-It's TOM. Due to start in a couple of days at most. 'Nuff said.
-I just was feeling super great about all my progress, my weight loss being almost to my goal, and doing so great resisting the binging, ironically even wrote a few boast-posts here this week even, lol. It always happens like this to me!! As soon as I start acknowleding how great I'm doing-- BAM, wall.
-As much as I liked the set once-a-week planned binge, I was getting more and more looking forward to it, to the point that I was actually eating less and less the rest of the days in anticipation of how much better it would be for the binge day. All I wished was that the week would pass so it would be that day already! I felt it happening but didn't do anything to slow it down.
-Also, the more I thought about it, the more I didn't really like the idea. I liked DOING it, but I hated the idea of it, if that makes sense. I don't want to WANT to have a massive binge every few days. It feels just...a bit not right. Maybe if it were more reasonable it would be OK, like having a big meal at home or indulging at a restaurant, something actually heard of amongst the general population. But going off on my own and eating 3 gallons of ice cream just can't be healthy behavior, physically or emotionally, no matter how controlled I feel like it is sometimes....

Anyway, so all those thoughts plus regular TOM cravings equals off-plan week for me. I'm not too disappointed, feel like I'm learning a lot still from it, at least. And as long as I trade off next Tuesday's scheduled refeed for the off-plan binge today I should be at the same point weight-loss-wise anyway. Gonna do some more thinking about this over the weekend and see what I come up with...thoughts welcome, of course, from y'all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Last edited by mottainai; 11-16-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #141  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottainai View Post
Ooohhh boy, guess what I did?? Binged. Yep.
Saaaame here.

I was baking a cake for our guests tonight, and ONCE again it all screwed up when I tried to take it out of the mold (seriously, it's like I can't bake right now, what is happeninnnng)

So I was mad at the cake. So I ate a big piece of it.

I'm gonna try to control at dinner, but with the wine and everything... I'm in troooouble!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #142  

Turbo and Mottainai....don't worry ladies, I'm right behind you. Splurged on a very good bottle of wine for TOMORROW but it's getting opened tonight! Peanut butter sandwich for dinner..eat the carbs to sustain the wine! LOL!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #143  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Checking in. Horrible, horrible, rotten week! (Sounds like I'm not the only one! Boo!)

After all the stress of planning and accomplishing the birthday party, plus getting everything set for their actual birthdays...I think my brain just melted this past Monday. I've had a migraine all f'ing week and TOM is here, too. Barrel-of-joy at my house right now. Plus both boys had their Thanksgiving "feasts" at their schools the past two days, and today is my youngest son's actual birthday. I feel like my head is going to explode, but I just have to make it a couple more hours...

I have worked out ONCE this month. Once! I'm eating like crap, and then just not eating, probably from stress and being nauseated with my migraine. Weight is holding between 124-125.5. No idea why....feels like my clothes are too tight. Maybe TOM bloat? Sigh....

Tomorrow will be another crazy busy day, but I'm looking forward to seeing a play with a girlfriend this Sunday.

Kakers- that video is Awsome! So jealous!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #144  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Me three.

Jugs for everyone.

I tried to write hugs and that happened, I would like a jug.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Ok people all these bad days/weeks have been a bad influence on me and I broke into the cookie dough tonight. I think I only went over a little, though, I still had 400 calories left and ate probably 500 calories worth of dough.

Woke up to 151 today! Was trying to tell myself to NOT celebrate by over eating. So I guess I will count the cookie dough as my little treat.

In other words OMG I MADE IT THROUGH THE WORK WEEK!!! I've been so stressed out this week. Still am a little bit, but I can decompress over the weekend. I'm nervous for next week, though, for a couple reasons...with 2 days off being fee for service means missing out on 5.5 hours of work. That's close to 1/3 of my typical billable hours :/ That paycheck won't be fun! But I do plan to get more report writing done over the weekend so that should make up for at least a couple of those hours. The other reason next week worries me is the obvious- Thanksgiving! My mother in laws COOKIES!!!!!! OMG... I've been known to eat them instead of lunch. They are just SO GOOD. The rest of thanksgiving doesn't worry me LOL... being my brand of picky eater actually makes Thanksgiving one of the best feasts for me. I eat turkey and rolls with butter. If you're going to over-do a food, turkey is a pretty safe choice. But there's also the fact that I am missing gymnastics since we won't be in town Wednesday night so, missing the majority of my work out is making me uneasy. My only hope is swimming with my mom at the hotel she'll be at I guess!

Maybe I should hit my gym and get a swim in tomorrow or Sunday, actually, since there's one with a pool and I have a suit that fits now... get the working out in ahead of time. And my husband started doing insanity so I might try it with him for a day or two!

Inching closer to the 140s... *squeak*

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #146  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Kakers You're super close to the 140s! Also that video of you is awesome, way to go. Those cookies sound delicious, I know I'd have a hard time with them too. It's probably good we don't have Thanksgiving over here.

ChickieChicks Ah that sucks! It's great that your weight is holding steady though, it seems that your body really is just happy there which is good. I really hope your migraine goes away Enjoy the play! What play is it?

Turbo If you're able to if it happens again maybe you should just throw away the bad cake as soon as it happens! Sometimes I get a moment of clarity and strength (haha, I'm just talking about cake, this sounds like it should be about something more important) to just throw something away before it consumes me.

Can you do some different cardio to keep your fitness up that won't affect your hip?

mottainai Jugs for you! You're learning from it though which is the most important thing. I also often set myself up for binges after doing well for a while. There are a lot of factors involved and I'm sure TOM cravings aren't helping.

Bayzee Does your scale just round up or down or does it also show ounces? Well you know if you were on track that it's not fat so stick with it and it'll go down again! Sometimes I go up a little right before a whoosh.

krampus When I eat a lot at night I usually wake up really hungry and if I don't eat I'm usually fine for the first few hours. Weird bodies.

How is it being back? Those pictures looked great and don't be so ridiculous you're not fat at all ha, everyone in the pictures looked pretty normal/same size to me. Also I hate people on coke in bathrooms, so annoying.

Joss Not sure if I'm brave or stupid but I'm repairing the damage now at least. I usually find it's better to weigh or else I just keep on going down the slide to denial land.

It's so difficult to explain to somebody about issues with food when they have no idea, my boyfriend used to be a smoker so I could kind of get it across that way and explain that he quit that cold turkey but I have to figure out how to eat normally and in moderation. I suppose he'll never really get it but he's supportive so that's good. Eating 5000-10000 calories just doesn't make sense to him.

Hope you're having an awesome weekend!

LockItUp Yay for the wedding dress! Also I never calorie count so I really don't know how much I'm over eating by and how many bites I'm just blocking out. You know if somebody else eats more than you that your calories don't count, right?!

maymarza The sun comes up at 8am and goes down 4.30pm and I'm really not motivated to exercise in the dark, but just stick on some music and do something at home if you can't get yourself to the gym.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been doing ok getting the bloat off I guess but I've been eating extra the past 2 days and I was back to 137 this morning. I'm also taking lots of painkillers/anti inflammatories for my jaw so I'm feeling pretty sick this morning. Going to see a counsellour next week, I feel a little bit like I'm falling apart so I'm also trying to take some positive control of my life and deal with some things. Not being able to eat properly because I grind/clench my teeth so much that I put it put it out of place made me realise I need to deal with stress better. I'm nervous as **** though.

Right gotta run, today is a new day and all that yadda yadda yadda Have a great one, ladies. There must be something in the air/water at the moment. Jugs for all.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 148/148/125

Height: 5"6

Hello! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself! I'm currently just starting my adventure. In the past 2 years i've gained 15 lbs! yikes! I blamed it on graduate school, celebrating my graduation from graduate school, and then just on living. I would really like to be in a space where I -Love- my body again.. or maybe just like my body again? Fit into my clothes again? I know with the holidays around the corner this may not be the BEST time to start, but maybe it will help me from over indulging.
Speechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #148  

Leila...I laughed so hard at the jugs post, I actually spat out my wine! That was a great line!
And yes...my scale has ounces. The cruel thing said 118.0!

Speechie...Welcome to Featherweights! I'm a fairly newbie too. I gained 10 lbs in 2 months, so I know what it's like when you're not at your best weight. It sooo frustrating.

Drank 1/2 bottle of my great wine...still 118.0 today! That is controlled for me on a Friday! Tonight we are hosting UFC...tons of goodies will be around. I know I can say no to the food, but not more wine! I'm eating completely OP today so I don't feel as guiltly when I have a few drinks tonight. Also made it to my 9:00 am workout, so feeling pretty good so far about the weekend!

Goals for the week:
1. Stay OP
2. Don't miss any workouts
3. No alcohol on Friday
4. 2 glasses of wine on Saturday and no "treat"
?

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-17-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #149  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey Feathers, quick update for now. Weighed in at 123.0 despite HUGE FEAST DAY yesterday. I guess it was the huge poo I had this morning working its magic. I'm seriously nervous TOM is never going to come - I had awful moodiness yesterday (went to my bf's house and pouted into his chest for an hour) so hope it comes today or tomorrow. Maybe not today since I'm leaving in a bit to go get a couples massage

I will be back with personals when I can!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #150  

Quick update!

Despite everything this week, I felt pretty great today.
Like I mentioned, I had a huge binge yesterday, 1.5 gallons of ice cream, woohoo. Then for dinner ate too much again, but at least it was meat and veggies and delicious.
And then this morning, despite all the carbs and eating until late, and a carb-sweat night, I at least slept well and woke up and am happy to say was pretty darn happy with my body. I really think I'm at a place where I can happily maintain at this weight and BF. If I can do this moderate of an exercise and eating plan, plus slip up and binge this badly this many times a week, and still be this trim and tight, well, no complaints from me. So that feels good. Haven't been in this place in a loooooong time.
Took the carb loaded opportunity to hit the gym for a very high energy workout which was fun. Ate normally today except for my usual weekend diet soda indulgence.
ALSO, most greatly, I bought and read an amazing book about binge eating. I think it may have changed my life, seriously. The author's experience was almost identical to my own story and struggles, it was almost uncanny, and the book was just so insightful and made a lot of sense. I'll write more about it later on when I've more time, but basically it felt like a real game-changer for me. I'm pretty excited about it.

Jugs to everyone from me as well!! (;