Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Happy Saturday to everyone!

Lockitup- Congrats on the sweet loss! (; You're doing so fantastically these days, it's inspiring me! Hope you enjoy the birthday parties.

Bayzee- Oh no, sorry about the alcohol. ): I'm sure you'll recover, though. Keep your head up and don't let it throw you! Oh, and thanks sooo much for your words of encouragement. Just knowing someone else can relate made me feel so much better!

kakers- Wow, a dance competition! You do so many cool fun things, lol. I simply cannot dance at all. Have fun and let us know how it goes!!

Chickie- Good luck preparing for that party! Kids' parties can be exhausting, can't they?

Joss- As usual, thanks for your sage advice and encouragement. And, this:
Quote:
It's so petty but it seems like everyone else is doing really well, and I feel like I'm losing my G0ddamn mind! People are losing weight and getting into skinny pants and having fun and I am MISERABLE. I just want to eat my face off.
Um, hello, that is me too, 100%. Didn't I just write yesterday in my last post that I wanted to "binge my face off?" Haha. But really, I'm there with you, girl. Stay strong, we all know you can do it!

--------------------

Just found out something interesting: my home scale is a LIAR!

It's a really cheap analog one (really, 5 bucks Wal-Mart type), but it does have the little adjustment dial on it... as you all know I haven't used it lately, but I kept track with it daily earlier this year for a couple months while I lost about 20 pounds.
At one point we also got a digital one, and I got a little suspicious, beucase that one was reading about 5 pounds heavier than the old one. But the new one also was slightly inconsistent and sometimes gave errors, and besides I liked the smaller weights better, lol, so I just kept going by the old one.
But TODAY, after weighing yesterday on the gym scale and feeling like it was an opportunity, I weighed last night and this morning on our home scale....and low and behold, I got about 5 pounds lighter. xD

I really really don't care much what the weight number on a scale means in terms of my body, and after all, it was still useful when I was tracking the change in weights. But it was still kinda funny to think that I was just wrong before.

The best thing is that I now know I'm the lowest weight I've been in the years since I put on the 40-50 pounds after starting binge eating! And lower than I was before I started school a few months ago and then had the awful set-back that drove me to this website in the first place. Then, I was at about 112-fake-weight/117-real-weight, but that was after a couple weeks of SERIOUSLY bad habits, eating very little and even drinking very little and feeling quite exhausted and undernourished. Whereas, as of this morning, I am about 110-fake-weight/115-real-weight, but with very moderate, very happy eating and exercise patterns plus my mega refeeds every week! Hurrah. Thanks, 3FC and you Feathers, couldn't have done it without y'all.

Now onto the weekend to try and keep to my plan while DH is following me around all day.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #92  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies! I'm new to the "featherweight" idea...actually I don't think I'm a feather weight at all because I still have a couple lbs to lose :P But nevertheless I'm excited to post here and I like all the support I see ) I weighed in at 143.6 this morning, never seen that low before! I can't imagine what it is going to feel like at 139...if I get there. I am focusing on eating more protein and heavy lifting at the moment to try to lose some fat and build muscle, so the # on the scale is not that important. I also do IF which I really like and have found it to be really helpful!!Or at least I'm trying not to let it be. It's hard though, when weight loss and the scale are so engrained in my brain! Anyhoo

Mottainai- I'm sorry that your scale effed up! That's annoying! But at least you know now! I have a scale at my mom's house that when you step on it the first time is 7 lbs heavier than the second time, it makes no sense. I just average the two. I think the scales at the gym and doctors seem the most accurate but maybe I just made that up in my head :P

Today is a planned rest day for me. I'm going to do lots of studying/work for classes and tonight from 10pm-2am I have an event to go to, so no time to binge or think about dessert! :P

Have a great OP day ladies
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #93  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaPearl View Post
Hey ladies! I'm new to the "featherweight" idea...actually I don't think I'm a feather weight at all because I still have a couple lbs to lose :P But nevertheless I'm excited to post here and I like all the support I see ) I weighed in at 143.6 this morning, never seen that low before!
I'm new here too but if I have been accepted into the "featherweight" camp at 145p then you certainly are a featherweight too. Congrats on your loss!

Joss, love your tatts (I've never been brave enough to get more than 3) but you're an overall inspiration. Your abs are my ab's wet dream.

I suck at personals so everyone bear with me until I get the hang of it.

Little about me: 38yr old divorced Mom from Illinois with a 10yr old son. I started my weightloss journey Feb 15th 2012 which consists of mainly Jillian Michaels and jogging along with portion control. So far so good. I'm a dental assistant and an avid music lover, I have been dating (and now living with) my BF who's a musician for 5 years. I also love cats and since you girls mention it often I may as well come out of the closet about having constipation problems. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Hoping to get to know all of you better. Right now my goal is 143p but I may decide to lower it once I get there. Who knows. I'd love to go out jogging right now but it's thunder storming...in the middle of November. Gotta love the midwest.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #94  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi all! I red all your post while blowdrying my hair, thanx for all the birthday wishes!

I had a wonderful dinner with the boyfriend, like seriously bue cheese stuffed date wrapped with bacon are one of my most favorite thing in the world. Than we rant a movie that I got to pick and we ate Doritos. *sigh* the chips were unnecesserary, but what is done is done. I'm up from not pooping today and from my belly full of water from the salt of the dinner, and I was in the 139's this morning. But like I said, what is done is done, and I have been waiting to eat out with my friends tonight, so I'm pushing all this thoughts away from my mind.

I'll come back for personnals tomorrow or Monday, I have to get ready to head out to a baby shower while trying to watch the finale of Qc College Football and our team is the finaleee! No chances to win, by a great game anyway so far

Have a nice weekend!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #95  
Warrior Princess

Glad you enjoyed your birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
blue cheese stuffed date wrapped with bacon are one of my most favorite thing in the world.
O_O I don't even know what that is and I'm not going to find out...I have enough demons.

We usually go out for expensive steak dinners for birthdays. *drool
Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #96  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

I should NOT have weighed-in this morning..but I did 119.2! Ouch!
Missed my favourite workout because I was feeling kind of "dehydrated" this morning. Now I have tons of guilt...wine and no workout.

Going out for dinner tonight, then hosting UFC night for Dh's friends.
Will be another tough night but I can't worry too much about it. Hopefully I can cut back enough on Sunday to start Monday back at 118.

No time for personals right now, but I have to say one thing...

Joss...I feel MISERABLE too lately. I can't snap out of it. Sigh...
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Quick update from the competition. Was up till dawn dancing! Having a blast. I enjoyed the prelims earlier. The kind of competitin i do is called a jack and Jill, you enter as an individual and get paired up with random leaders. I had 3 solid dances and for one I got paired with my friend! It was one of the most fun dances I've ever had in competition, the first where I just ignored being in a competition and just really enjoyed myself. I never make finals so no expectations there but it would be nice! Finals are tomorrow.

Actually, they are streaming the whole thing live on dcswingexperience.com if you have any interest in seeing what I'm up to. There's pro competitions later! Routine divisions start at 8:30 eastern... they're always great and the invitational jack and Jill (not routines, all lead follow) is at 10:30 so if you have any interest in watching the good people that's when to check it out!

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #98  

Quick evening check-in:

DH wanted curry rice for dinner (so good! but so unhealthy!! don't read the label on those Japanese curry roux, haha). But, I stuck to my healthy moderation plan of one plate (OK, one BIG plate, lol) and made a bunch of steamed vegetables to spend time picking on also while DH powered through his several helpings. Way better than I've ever done in the past!

Oddly enough, having one massive refeed day really cuts down on my urge to have several overlarge "treat" meals throughout the week. I want to stay on plan more so that I can enjoy the one really huge treat better. I doubt it makes much a difference in overall calories doing one way versus the other, but in the past, when I didn't PLAN for the binges, I was doing them anyway in ADDITION to overeating other meals, so in the end, it works out.

Also got a "you've lost weight!" comment when we went to visit with a friend this morning! As is my habitual reaction, for some reason, I totally denied knowledge of it ("really, you think so? I had no idea...nope, not doing anything differently...probably it's the way my hair is..."). Haha. Anyway, that's always a good sign of progress, I suppose.

Going to try to make it out for at least a walk for something tomorrow and Monday, since Monday is a holiday and I won't be able to go to the gym like usual. I'm also trying to do more proactive assignment completion this weekend, because it felt so freaking great last week, so my goal is to do the next two-thirds of my assignment, due Friday, tomorrow and Monday. Wish me luck on that!!

Love to you all, hooray for everyone having fun weekends, supportive thoughts to those struggling!
And welcome to you, Alisa! You've come so far, and you're so close to your goal! That's very awesome. (:
Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #99  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Just have a second, but wanted to run, nay, SKIP in here to celebrate the fact that I just fit into a size 6! I have NEVER been a 6, or an 8 for that matter, or even a 10 for that matter. A 6!!!!!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Just have a second, but wanted to run, nay, SKIP in here to celebrate the fact that I just fit into a size 6! I have NEVER been a 6, or an 8 for that matter, or even a 10 for that matter. A 6!!!!!!!!
Hooray for the 6!!!!! You're really rockin it lately, girl! (:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #101  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Well I'm here to confess I had a BRUTAL weekend. Way off plan and WAY too much alcohol!

I think I convinced myself that since I stayed OP last week and saw no progress, that I might as well eat and drink whatever I want!

I feel disgusting today...mentally and physically. But, I'm ready to get back on track. It sucks that I did so much damage to myself this weekend, but it certainly is a reality check of how fast you can creep up the pounds. I should not have weighed in today, but it's probably what I needed to face up..120.2! YIKES!
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #102  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #103  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayzee View Post
Well I'm here to confess I had a BRUTAL weekend. Way off plan and WAY too much alcohol!

I think I convinced myself that since I stayed OP last week and saw no progress, that I might as well eat and drink whatever I want!

I feel disgusting today...mentally and physically. But, I'm ready to get back on track. It sucks that I did so much damage to myself this weekend, but it certainly is a reality check of how fast you can creep up the pounds. I should not have weighed in today, but it's probably what I needed to face up..120.2! YIKES!

Yesterday was pretty brutal for me too... my hubby and I decided to drink all afternoon and go out for Mexican! There may have also been some ice cream, petit fours and truffles in there too. Whoops!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #104  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Yesterday was pretty brutal for me too... my hubby and I decided to drink all afternoon and go out for Mexican! There may have also been some ice cream, petit fours and truffles in there too. Whoops!
What? Were we living the same life yesterday!? Drank a few drinks too and went for mexican. ayayay!!

BRUTAAAAL weekend here too. I feel like I have been eating non-stop since friday night. I'm slowly growing a baby bump and have fun freaking out my boyfriend

2 of our friends were sleeping at home so we had breakfast with them. They gave me a belgian waffles maker for my birthday. So this morning was waffles with maple syrup and fresh wipped cream (I put a banana on mine. At least I had a fruit). Plus potato and some bacon.

My friend baked me a lemon cheesecake but because we were eating out, we couldn't eat it last night. So.. we kinda had a part right after breakfast.

I'm not eating lunch today.

Hope everyone is doing better than me! (don't think it's gonna be much hard, honestly LOL)
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #105  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

OMG! OMG! OMG! I did it! (And survived!) every year this party takes on a life of its own. And yet I challenge myself to sticking to a ridiculously low budget. The weather was gorgeous...perfect! By that meant and indoor/outdoor party, so the entire 1+ acre had to be perfectly groomed and my entire house was cleaned. (Obviously not NECESSARY, but its just my thing.) I've been a basket case all week. I don't go big for holidays or anything....but this is just my annual hoopla event!

It was a Karate Party. Decor out the ying yang. I made candy sushi rolls, licorice "karate belts", Chinese character cupcakes and a Karate Belt cake with all the belts on the cake in ascending order. Lots of appetizers, etc. I didn't do a lunch party, though, no meal.

We played five games. Each time they completed one, they earned a karate belt, made from crepe paper. So they started as white belts and progressed to black belts. It was soooo cute. They got Chinese character tattoos. We did a Karate Gi Uniform race, where they had to dress up in the uniform and then switch clothes to another person. Chopstick Relay where they used chopsticks to move marshmallows and cotton balls to different areas. We played "Sensei Says" with various karate moves. And finally we did "bang the pot". It's become a favorite over the ear. The kids are blindfolded while kneeling on the floor in an open area. They get a wooden spoon and use it like a cane to tap around and search for the pot. When they hit it, they win a prize. They all got Chinese finger trick toys for that game.

The goodie bags were Chinese take-out boxes with labels that had Chinese characters and their meanings, as well as "THANK YOU!" Inside they got a karate sucker, karate stickers, fortune cookies, a great bag with licorice karate belts and sushi, more tattoos and chopsticks. We had 19 out of 26 kids come. Phew!!!

I am exhausted. It was insane and so fun. Did it all for less than it would cost to rent a space to have a party.

Pics tomorrow!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote