Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #286  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
OOOOPS noooot coco!! It is shredded coconut! LOL In french we call that Noix de coco, which would mean Nut of coco in english... Bad translation from me!

Aaaah, that makes a bit more sense now! Fish and coconut seems to go well together, and the rice crispies are barely sweet so it's just more for crunch... totally got you now!

I was thinking, chocolate crunchy fish?? Um... okay Turbo... hahaha
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #287  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Aaaah, that makes a bit more sense now! Fish and coconut seems to go well together, and the rice crispies are barely sweet so it's just more for crunch... totally got you now!

I was thinking, chocolate crunchy fish?? Um... okay Turbo... hahaha
Yeah, Rice Krispies are basically just for the crunchines And they are not so bad in term of calories (1 cup of Rice Krispies = 110 calories compared to my usual bread crumbs 1/2 cup = 120 calories). Win win! I guess it's gonna be pretty even once I had the shredded coconut.

Yeah, I tried to picture a meal in my head with fish, chocolat and rice krispies and... Eww. No. Can't go with that! LOL
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #288  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Back from the doctor. She tapped me with a bunch of hammers and determined there is no disc problem, just a muscle sprain of some kind. My blood pressure was HIGH (I've had it read low before) at 117/89 (!) - I wonder why?

TurboMammoth Rice krispies eh. You HAVE to photograph these things and give a clearer picture of what they are like!

JossFit Haha I don't even like Chunky Monkey that much, either. TURKEY HILL is my vice of choice. Their flavors are outstanding - pumpkin pie was like twelve out of ten, and "double dunker" is impossible to slow down let alone stop scooping.

As for the leeway pounds I guess what I really mean is "not beating myself up for being up 2-3 lbs" - I have no desire to gain scale weight in this way (eating them on instead of building them out of lovingly protein-fed lean body mass). I do think once I get back into regular exercise and lifting I won't care as much/there will be less bloat happening!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Turbo I think we normally pick buffets most of the time for birthdays. I don't know why, because we are frugal and we feel like we get the best deal there, or because we are little piggies. Actually, this particular buffet I had just discovered gives you a free buffet on your birthday, which was a big motivation for me picking it for my birthday, and probably the same reason why my in laws are going there.

Joss I normally don't fair too well at the buffet, because my downfall is all you can eat dessert, which is about the worst thing I could go for. I do decently with the meal itself, but then can never decide on a dessert and feel like I need to sample them all. I am guilty of taking a dinner plate and filling it with desserts rather than using the itty bitty dessert plate like I should. My husband always rolls his eyes at me when we go to buffets, I think he gets embarrassed. But at least now I can go knowing that I am the smallest one in our party (aside from the kids anyhow) and that's somewhat comforting, even if it shouldn't give me the right to eat like a pig.

krampus It's a corset with like a skirt & thong set. I figured I have to get something along those lines rather than a matching bra and panties to make it special. This way I'll be covered enough that my problem areas aren't exposed, and it's still skimpy and sexy. I'm just worried about the corset being too tight. It does lace up, so I suppose it should be forgiving to some extent at least. I feel like I probably should have ordered a medium, but they didn't have any in stock so I took a risk and ordered the small, hence why I'm a bit nervous about it.

Oh, I had pumpkin pie ice cream lately, and it was awesome. I don't think we have a turkey hill brand in Canada, but President's Choice (which is Canadian) has a good pumpkin pie ice cream, and I also love candy cane ice cream too.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi friends,

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations (even the backhanded ones, Joss, hah)...I'm honestly feeling very good.
Tiny pants update: Even after a huge dinner last night, they fit this morning!! Can pull them all the way up and zip and button them. Can't move very well, especially my left thigh, lol, but technically they at least go on me now. When I bought them a month ago, I honestly couldn't imagine well losing enough size from wherever that they would fit, but apparently, it happens.

The progress shots: http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...107/update.jpg
(guess I should've taken them from the side, because it doesn't look like my body changed much from the front, so it must've mostly come from my butt, lol)

I decided a few days ago that I'd do two refeeds this week and none next week, just to de-bloat as much as possible before leaving on my trip, for comfort's sake, so that's what I did today.

Glad there are others posting a lot here some days-- I've been busy this week, but sometimes I'm on here writing stuff like a million times a day and feel a little bit lame. xD

------------------------------

Krampus- Glad to hear your back is feeling a bit better!! Great job keeping up with moderate workouts. I don't know about you, but getting injured and not being able to keep up with my regular routine throws me off so bad, in the past I've either ended up overdoing it and prolonging my injuries or just stopping exercise completely out of frustration. Any word on Japanese gyms? (:

Joss- Wowwww your workouts!! You're truly amazing, great job. I kinda wish we hard that Arctic Zero stuff here in Canada. Considering how many gallons of full calorie ice cream I eat, if I just switched to that stuff, how much more weight would I be losing, haha. Oh, and hope your new shoes work out well!

Turbo- Nanaimo bars! I've seen them frequently since I moved up to Canada. I'm guessing they're named for the place on Vancouver Island actually? I love tilapia, it was like almost the only fish we could get in Oklahoma since we had zero ocean there but they farmed tilapia apparently. Glad it wasn't baked in chocolate, haha.

Jessica- Ooh lingerie, that's just so cute that your husband requested it! xD I'm sure you'll look stunning in it!

Bayzee- Hope you're doing okay!! I'd say go for the cheat meal on Saturday, personally, just because, as you've seen, I seem to do spectacularly like mega-massive refeeds, and I'm talking like 5-6000 calories, so it just seems to me like they really work somehow or other, lol.

Leila- Thanks, I hope you're able to relax a bit too, I can highly recommend it now, haha. I think I have to say, I've honestly never had a prune before!! Should I try one?

Kakers- Ditto what the other Jessica said- what was your husband doing with the spatula at work? Funny story, anyway, haha.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #291  

Height: 5'4

Turbo - I'm with Krampus... pictures! I need to see red and green coated fish! LOL

Krampus - I haven't ever had Turkey Hill ice cream, but I'm starting to see it in stores here a bit. I think it's fairly regional and I'm from the west coast originally and now in the "south" I suppose. I had to look at their website (which I shouldn't have) and all of their flavors look good! I tend to go for ice cream with a lighter base than chocolate (vanilla, cheesecake, etc.) but the Double Dunker did look pretty good. I actually base a brand on it's Cookies and Cream flavor because it's my all time favorite and B&J doesn't have one. Maybe that's my beef with them?! TH's looks good.

As far as pumpkin pie ice cream, I tried B&J's Pumpkin Cheesecake one and it was pretty tasty, but it had NOTHING on the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Oh. My. GAWD. Perfection.

Thats' great news about your back! Did the doctor give you any tips for how to deal with the strain?

Jessica - Oh, the desserts! You totally reminded me that I HAVE been to a buffet in the last year actually! About this time last year some friends took my husband and I to their country club for the surf and turf buffet night (real classy $hit ) and I did the same thing; I ate ALL THE DINNER and then grabbed up a dinner plate piled with desserts in one hand and a bowl of ice cream with all kinds of toppings in the other. Totally worth rolling out of there. hahaha with food that amazing how can you not? The country club was also at the Broadmoor Hotel where my husband and I stayed for Thanksgiving and did the breakast buffet last week.

Mottainai - I am totally giving you crap, in spite of my legitimate jealousy... BUT I really am totally and completely thrilled for you. I wish I hadn't had such a hard time in October and November especially, but I know the worst is behind me for now and I will be back where I want to be as long as I too work hard.

The Artic Zero is my fave! I love the Vanilla and the Peanut Butter Chocolate. I have to order it from Amazon because you pretty much can't find it in this state so it's EXPENSIVE. Like $45 after shipping for 6 pints. I think it's worth it because it's a treat for me, but they have it all over in Colorado where my husband lives. It's so nice just being able to grab some from the grocery store down the road! I already have a pint of Mint Chocolate waiting in his freezer for me so that after Christmas when I'm back on plan but craving sweets I can eat it guilt free.

Last edited by JossFit; 11-30-2012 at 06:51 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #292  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

As promised, the awaited TILAPIA FILLET with Holidays Rice Krispies!

Forgice the chunk missing, I had to check if it was cooked all the way through :P I served it with a a sauce I made up with plain greek fat free yogurt, Dijon mustard and honey.

It turned out really good actually, the coconut flavor is awesome with the tilapia!

As a bonus, you also get a picture of my cat who obviously don't care much with life anymore tonight. :P

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Joss: Incidentally, after saying how well I do with eating like this I laid in bed last night from 3:30-5:30 rolling around moaning from intestinal pain. Guess my body said “no” to garlic bread frozen pizza, even though I eat it often enough and don’t usually have a problem. Eventually it cleared my system and I could get back to sleep, though, and I feel fine now.
I have to say I’m not too surprised about the shoes being the problem, I remember I had an ex that had a problem peeing red for a while and what they ended up determining was that it was from all the running he did in shoes that had gotten old. He ran for like 3 hours a day, and he was *breaking the red blood cells* in his feet from the pounding because of his shoes. He got a new pair and it solved the problem. The wrong shoes can really mess with so many things!

Turbo- WOOO!!! It’s always great ending the month on a low weight The fish looks yummy (and I don’t eat very many healthy things LOL) and I love the cat. Then again, I love all cats.

JessicaB- LOL yeah, they had a staff meal the weekend after Thanksgiving and he brought in 2 lasagnas his mom had made, so, it required a spatula to serve And a sharp knife, which was wrapped up in the towel with the spatula.

Krampus- wing fries huh? Sounds interesting for sure!

Mottainai- YAY!! The pants are up and zipped! I love that way of measuring progress. It’s so much more meaningful than weight.

Dishes update: Stalemate LOL still. I’m pretty sure he knows I am not planning to do them, but maybe he is trying to see if I will snap first. Today was his first full day off without any appointments in a full week, so I wasn’t expecting him to do anything before today. Came home a little bit ago from work and pulled up to a raked and mowed lawn and the Halloween decorations taken down. But no clean dishes. Because the lawn is sooooo much more important than being able to eat? And as far as if he notices the dishes, it is hard not to, they aren’t mostly even in the sink, they’re laying strewn in piles around the living room.

So, as I mentioned above, I was NOT feeling so good last night, dinner disagreed with me, very adamantly. But it would seem because of that my body didn't completely digest it so that's OK with me. I woke up to 150, but then after I showered after my online staff meeting I was jusssst below, probably 149.9 or so but the line was UNDER the 150 line! WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote