Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

OK..I have a lot of catching up to do! I did an edit to write down a few more thoughts.

I have officially declared Friday as my "free meal night". I must remember not to go on an eating frenzy, or I'll be in the same boat as last week...losing the same 4 lbs! But..I'm going to have wine and a "whatever I feel like meal". Because I haven't had fruit in 3 days, I ate a banana today! Oh My! I don't usually eat bananas, but I was craving one all week!

A bit of history...I weighed 113 on June 30th (my weight for about a yr.)...I ate and drank my face off all summer! Was it fun? Yes! Am I mad at myself...you betcha! I think that it why I'm being so hard on myself. I saw the scale slowly moving up...and I did nothing about it. I thought I would easily be able to lose it once fall came, and I was on more of a routine. But we all know how that works out! Here we are in November and I weigh the same as I did September 1st. I actually gained 2 more lbs in September! I've never had to try so hard to lose these 10lbs. It's actually making me feel badly about myself...I KNOW I need to lighten up. This is not healthy, and thanks to all of you who are politely putting that into persective. I do really appreciate it!

Krampus...Good news on the passport, license and sunglasses! I'm glad I'm not the only one NOT willing to sacrifice alcohol! LOL! Have fun on your trip...sounds like a great weekend's in order too! BTW...I thought your friend was being a "tad" selfish with her letter. Of course, this is just an outsider perspective, but she needs to understand that people get busy and just because you haven't stayed in touch the way SHE wants, doesn't mean you are not her friend.

Jossfit...You are dead on with only 2 days of RFL! That's exactly what I'll do next week. I'm wondering if I should do them back to back or spread them out (skip a day in between)? I wonder if 2 days back to back just encourages a possibility of a binge on the 3rd day?

I hardly think the benefits of RFL for featherweights are worth the headaches and lousy feeling I had all week. Today, I ate a banana, and thought I was in heaven! I do feel however, it was the kickstart I needed to get back to last week's weight. And I will honestly say, I love how flat by belly feels on this plan. It's not flat all all...but the bloat was way less! BTW...your abs in your avatar pic are my dream abs!

Oh...and I keep voting for you too!

Turbo...I love your goals! I think we all get upset when we are only a few pounds from our "happy weights", because we know those are the hardest to lose. I realized I've been eating like I was on maintenance, but really I want to lose. Those few adjustments you are making will likely be a big factor on the scale!

Kakers...Gymnastics sounds fun. It's so great when you find an exercise you like, that doesn't feel like work!

Leila...I drink warm/hot lemon water at night before I go to bed. It is supposed to help move things along! Sqeeze one half lemon in 1 cup of water. I'd drink 2 when I feel I need to move a baby along! lol!

Lockitup...Thanks so much for your feedback on RFL. I really appreciate it. I'm worried about the weekend, but so far I'm not craving greasy stuff. Congrats on the weight loss! I want results like NOW..but I'm starting to think that if my weight packed on slow and steady, it's probably better it it comes off that way too!

Mottainai...Yep, a fellow Canuck. I live near Toronto though..not on your side! You seem like you are doing so well with your plan...I love reading your posts, they keep me inspired to keep on going! You're so open about your challenges.

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-02-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #17  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

krampus,
good to know you found your important items.
Have a good weekend and Have a great trip.
update us if/when you are available!!!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4

I just got featured on ANOTHER website! http://www.leancurves.com/jocelyn-shaw-transformation

haha, now I really feel like a fraud lately! That might have just cancelled tomorrow's treat day!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #19  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Soooo much catching up to doooo

LeilaJey : ''Do you also have a poop baby maybe?''I SO DID NOT SEE that coffee, I spit some coffee on me this morning when I red had and starting to laugh at the same time LOL Yeah, I did had a baby poop today... But I think my scale might need new batteries too... I don't know! Hope you're not getting sick! Get better!!

Kakers : 4 hours of gymastics? That is awesome! Have fun!

Joss : Yeah, I think the goals are doable. It's just need a bit of focus and determination. Do you have your date for surgery? You said at some point that you ran on your foot and it wasn't as bad... Did you see a doctor since then? Good luck for the WI! Maybe wait to see own your WI goes before deciding if you can have another treat day? Love the article, by the way!

LockitUp: Maintaining can be seen as another challenge in the long term Good luck, I'm sure you will rock this!

krampus : OH YEAH for your passport! and license! And glasses! That was a good day for you! About the boyfriend proposing, I DOUBT IT bwhahaha. He doesn't beleive in marriage and always said that if would only get married if I would allow him to wear a baby blue suit. I'm starting to come around with the idea... Have fun this weekend! GOD you're leaving for your trip, so so close!

Mottaini : Yeah, I DO snack a lot when I cook. Like ''taste'' and everything... I'm really bad at this. Today I was way better (for the snacking part) at least. Aww I love pattern leggings. I got the best pair in the world the other day, they are ''ugly christmas sweater pattern''. I want to wear them all the time LOL

Bayzee : What did you eat for your free friday night? I so understand you, I'm struggeling with the summer gain weight right now... but we can do this! YES, WE CAN!

Hi Feathers!

I think I'm gonna get new batteries for my scale. This morning, I had 137.6, then 135.4 (YAY), then 138.6 (WTF) then back to 137.6. I kept the last one :P I also moved the scale a liiiittle tiny bit around, but the floor in our bathroom is soo crooked, I think it messes up a lot with it.

I did okay today, until dinner in fact. I had to get to the lab to talk with my boss to learn that my last jury of my thesis will give his corrections next week and that they are actually excellent and will allow me to gave it back with no corrections. YAY! So I need maybe 1 or 2 days of work on the thesis to complete it all and I'm done FOR GOOD.

Than I got home this afternoon and there was the box of Mars chocolat bar of the boyfriend on the table. I gave in and had one. I mean, I bought myself a bag of caramilk (12) the day before and finished it with the boyfriend.. they were 35 calories a bar, so yeah, I did eat 300 calories there, but then they were gone and so my chocolat craving. After eating the Mars bar, I look at the nutritional information to see... 60 CALORIES FOR 13 GRAMS? Are you kidding me? PFfff. I headed out for a run, wanted to run 6k, maked it 7.65 (yay) and did my abs workout, which went super good. I was also able to to my 12 kneeling push up (AHAHA. I'm so weak) more easily today.

I waaay overate on the home made sushis tonight and a muffin but I'm so stuffed I won't be tempted to eat anymore tonight. After 2 days of ''Meeeeeh'' I need to stick with the goals that were highly praised around here LOL

We also came up with something for my birthday, thanx for all your advices If the weather is okay, the boyfriend and I will go hiking during the day and we will be joining friends for dinner in one of my favorite resto of Mexican food. Yay! Everything solved!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

OK, so two posts in a today, because I've just been hanging out in a coffee shop for a long time and I'm a bit bored!

I have a question to ask y'all: Can you give me your recommended websites other than this one for reading about diet/weight-loss/fitness/etc.? Forums or articles or blogs or whatever. Just looking for extra reading material when I've totally out-searched this forum on everything I can think of, lol.

I ended up having a pretty great day today! Exam went awesome (I think) and I got a $2 great top from a consignment store. Also stayed OP with the eating and exercise except for a bit of a surplus of GUM, oops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turbo - CONGRATULATIONS on being so close to finishing your thesis! I did one last year just for my undergrad, but even that was pretty stressful, so I really can just imagine how hard you've been working. Sounds like a fun plan for your birthday. And get back on those goals!!

Joss - That's so cool that you're featured, like, everywhere. I feel like I know a celebrity or something, lol.

Bayzee - Enjoy your Friday night! I really do hear you on losing even just those 10 pounds, since I'm really roughly in the same place. It is tough! Not only are the last few hard to lose, but it's also hard to keep up motivation when you're not really sure how much difference it'll make and start convincing yourself it might not even be worth it, lol. And thanks very much for the compliment. I find it so helpful to post here about everything, just hope everyone doesn't get tired of reading my every thought, haha.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #21  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Kakers I love hearing about your gymnastics, it sounds so fun! Way to go. And hey, you should feel proud of the weight you have lost.

Joss Yeah I need to do more exercise, trouble is I was feeling all sore and crappy because of it so I didn't bother haha, wopos. I have memories of jumping on trampolines and needing to go very suddenly. Maybe I should get a mini one for the shower?

Well done for resisting all of the Halloween stuff and doing so much exercise.. especially when you woke up thinking about it. Being half asleep isn't great for willpower!
I love the feature, congratulations! No need to feel like a fraud, only human.

LockItUp Losing weight accidentally is the best! Are you still planning on maintaining or is this a little encouragement you need? I totally don't lose very well when I'm stressed and had a similar whoosh recently. I put it back on when I came home again though. Woops.

krampus Amazing! I'm so happy for you. I love the kindness of strangers in these situations.
Yeah totally, well if you've ever over this way again.. I hope you have a great time in London anyway and shop your little heart out.

mottainai Non food related treats are the best it's a good habit to get into if previously you would have turned to food. (I would have) What kind of pattern are the leggings?

Bayzee I too watched the scale go up and did nothing about it for a while, it's hard if you don't feel mentally read to deal with it and then when you do it's still hard because well food is delicious. I hope your free meal works out for you and I know it's silly to say but try not to stress too much and focus on not gaining as well as losing. It's a hard time of the year.

Turbo hahaha woopsies! If you and your boyfriend get married he should wear a denim tuxedo. I'm all about that.

I'm delighted for you about your thesis, that's amazing lady! Hey at least you went running.. now get back to those goals. I need to follow you, give me a kick up the butt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning! I woke up pretty hungry this morning so I'm worried this is my pre-TOM hunger fest. As long as I'm aware of that and make better food choices when I am really hungry I'm sure I'll survive.

I'm going to have to go back to daily weighing as I've been eating too much and not keeping an eye on it. So this morning I was 138 again blah, I hate that number. I know it's going to be hard over the holidays so I want to get down a few more pounds. I really do find this time of the year tough with the fading daylight. It's sunny right now but I think it was sleeting earlier, I need a kick up the butt.

Also, anybody who has tried miracle noodles - have you tried the miracle noodle cookie recipe? http://www.food.com/recipe/10-calori...cookies-478546

Have a great day everyone.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Leila- Those noodles, shirataki, I love them! They're a Japanese food actually, so my husband first fed them to me. I thought they were great before I knew they were low calorie. But I have to say, it sounds very weird to hear that people are trying to use them in place of like regular pasta....we only have them in sukiyaki or nabe mostly, kinda traditional soup-y dishes, and they're more like a vegetable than noodles, really. But then, I heard that maybe there's like a westernized version that's a little different, so I'm not sure!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Friday night wine was a success! I actually drank 1 glass less than usual, but only because I felt hammered after 2 "pours". Lol! (Likely due to the RFL eating this week).

My Free Meal:
1 avocado mixed with salsa to make guacamole, with 20 baked scooped Tostitos! Yes...I counted them out! Yummmy! Then, I slathered one piece of white bread (yes...white!) with peanut butter and REAL strawberry jelly. I haven't had any bread in 3 weeks, so this was amazing! I folded it in half and ate it all up! Heaven! I wanted a glass of white milk to go with that, but I realized we were out.

I also ate a handful of "Party mix" (pretzels and Sunchips only though because I don't like whatever else is in it) while I had my wine. I had to...because I felt a bit nauseous and I knew I need something in my stomach to drink the wine! Voila...my priorities!

To put it into perspective...I ate more carbs last night then my WHOLE week, Mon-Thurs. Let's just say...I DID NOT WEIGH IN TODAY! But I did get my butt out of bed at 8 this morning to do my favourite circuit workout!

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-03-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #24  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Chatty ladies as always! This past week was extra busy. I ran the Great American Mud Run today with three girlfriends. It was soooooooooooo fun. It was only a 5K, but there were 12 obstacles. And they were AWESOME. It was 48 degrees and super windy, and almost every obstacle involved being submerged in freezing water. I couldn't feel my body, but was smiling the whole time. It was an ego boost to do the obstacles really well and quickly, without needing help, etc. You can check it out here at www.greatamericanmudrun.com. Some of the obstacles are not listed. It was so disgustingly rockin'. One of my friends is friends with a local photographer, and she rode along to take pictures of us. Can't wait to see those! We all wore matching costumes, and the race theme was Patriotic Wear. Pictures later! Here is one hubby took pre-race. We all wore these shirts from Wal-Mart. Can you see the biker? Don't be too jealous... LOLOL classic.

Turbo- I got one race pic from my 10K and I look a HOT MESS! my eyes were closed and I was apparently shuffling along like a granny! My race didn't have hills, so your time is extra impressive!

Krampus- thank you sweet baby Jesus! you're like 3 for 3 with finding stuff. Score! I get crazy panicked over NORMAL things. Not finding my passport so soon to traveling would probably result in my hospitalization. Lol Yea for being under 125! I keep fluctuating like crazy...right above and below 125.

LockItUp- I think I am going back to maintenance mode, too. I've been writing down my food for about three weeks now, and for all I can tell my calories end up evening out around 1800 anyway. Days where I would be under would make me extra hungry the next day. And days where I went overboard would make me less hungry the day after! It all just evened out like it had been before I started trying to keep track and lose a few pounds, so I really think this is my sweet spot. If I can maintain this weight without trying too hard...works for me!

Joss- you are so cool. Period! What day is your photo shoot? The 17th? Would you feel comfortable saving your splurge days until the latter half of this month? I've been "overeating" for the past few days, and yet I can't stop. This always happens pre-TOM, so now it's just a waiting game to validate my guilt about eating everything in sight. Carb overload...

Leila- augh! The pre-TOM hunger fest. That is EXACTLY what it is! My periods are all over the place from my PCOS, so it makes me extra worried that it might not be TOM, and therefore I am eating my weight in crackers for no justifiable reason.

Mottanai- I saw your other post about missing your school assignment. That sucks royally. thankfully you could still turn it in for some points. Do you think seeing your counselor more frequently would help? I think you mentioned that you go every two weeks. That seems like a long time to me! Super glad you like the new church group. Church just makes me happy and centered. We don't go every Sunday, though.

Sorry to those I missed! Have a great weekend!!

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 11-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #25  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers,

It's 5 PM and I'm JUST starting to feel human. Too much excitement last night, some of which involved riding around with 60 people in a school bus drinking champagne out of the bottle with party crackers and noisemakers. At least I got a lot of dancing in and felt like I was slightly more competent riding the mechanical bull?

I weighed in low today but I feel ROUGH, had a humongous omelet (I swear it was 50% cheese) at a diner and toast and bacon and coffee. Now I'm going to go shopping for last-minute stuff for my trip with my roommate.

ChickieChicks OMG that shirt! Check this out! Congrats on a successful mud run!

Bayzee Well done on not overdoing the wine! I am still feeling a mess after last night so needless to say I am not a model citizen when it comes to these things.

LeilaJey Uh oh, pre-TOM hunger-fest is crazy times for everyone. Fading daylight is so terrible for motivation/feeling sane in general...

mottainai I like Reddit, the subreddits "LOSEIT" and "XXFITNESS" are good for girl power-oriented discussion.

JossFit How are you a fraud for having an occasional treat day?! That article quotes you saying that you are ok with not being a total perfectionist about fitness and nutrition

TurboMammoth The floor really does affect the scale - I notice the same thing. If I put the scale on carpet it consistently weighs me 1-2 lbs less...well done on running and pushups, I feel like a blob today but I have a pounding headache and am just bleh.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #26  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Blah, ate everything, feel like crap.. no lessons learned
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #27  
Back to Basics!

Krampus- holy crap!! When did you take that picture? Bwahaha! Great minds think alike...or at least snicker alike. Awesome.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #28  

Mottaini : For the blogs and websites suggestions, I love My little celebration, that has a lot of nice healthy recipe (a lot are vegan or vegetarian) but she does not post as much as before though. The other blogs are read are pretty much run-oriented though, which might be boring for someone who isn't freack about running!

LeilaJey : Denim tux... What a way to make glorious wedding pics Arh, sometimes you win over pre-TOM-eat-all-the-food-in-the-world, sometimes you don't You'll do better next month! Don't let this get you down

I do get you on the point that it is SO MUCH HARDER to just go out there and workout right now. With the weather getting cold and everything... It's like I need 300 times more motivation now than before!

Bayzee : yay for keeping the booze to a smaller amount!

Chickie : Oh girl, you look GLORIOUS. I mean, no wonder the obstacles were super easy, they were probably scared of YOU! LOL It's such a fun thing to do with your girls Can't wait to see more pictures!

Krampus : School bus drinking champagne? Jeeeeze, best thing ever!?? You diserve a little fun, with all the stress you had in the past week with the huge conference you had to work out!

You and Chickie really have same taste when it comes to oversize walmart apparel LOL!!

Hello Feathers!

I was up at 138.2 today, my stomach is all boaty even if I did not eat anything extra salty lately. Did no poop today today. I need to calcute when TOM is supposed to get here....

I did okay on the food, even if I licked a bit a spoon while I cooked a cake for my cousin's baby shower for tomorrow. Tragedy : the bottom layer of the cake broke. I hope I can hide it with lots of icing. That led to this discussion :

-Me : (bunch of French swear words) The bottom layer broke!
-BF : Really? It never happens to you. This you mess up the recipe?
-Me : No!
-BF : You sure? Because your cakes hardly break usually.
-Me : I know, don't know what happened.
-BF : You probably messed up in the recipe.
-Me : No.I.Did.Not.I.Checked.
-BF :Woah. It broke pretty bad. And the baby shower is tomorrow?!??
-Me : GET THE H*LL OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!

Fun times.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #29  
Back to Basics!

Turbo- lolol Your cake fiasco reminds me of me and hubby this morning as I was gearing p for the race. He kept trying to "help" and make suggestions, like he found his big, comfy sweats and told me I should take them. Thanks, really, but I already had clothes that fit me and zipped up so I wouldn't have to pull over my head. He kept doing this over and over until he started to pout and I actually felt badly for not taking his suggestions. Ugh! But seriously...did you mess up the recipe?

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 11-03-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
Turbo- lolol Your cake fiasco reminds me of me and hubby this morning as I was gearing p for the race. He kept trying to "help" and make suggestions, like he found his big, comfy sweats and told me I should take them. Thanks, really, but I already had clothes that fit me and zipped up so I wouldn't have to pull over my head. He kept doing this over and over until he started to pout and I actually felt badly for not taking his suggestions. Ugh! But seriously...did you mess up the recipe?
Ahahahahahahah! The worst is... I really don't think i did!! I cooked it 3 minutes less than last time though... maybe it's why it maked it so soft.

They're cute when they want to help

On the cake update, it was cooling on a wire rack and when I tried to put it on a plate, the other okay layer broke too Like broke BAD.

So tomorrow morning, waking up early to bake a new cake Bwhahahahah! (I want to cry LOLZ)