Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #46  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICKIIIIIIIE!

Have fun tonight!

I LOVE your pictures, the one your climbing the wall with the rope, you look fearless!!!!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #47  

Okay, I know I already posted like 3 times today but I.AM.SO.EXCITED.

I went for a run, 6k, and it felt amaazing. It was the first run of the season below freezing point (like, 30-31 F) and IT WAS SNOWING!!!!! *insert really high pitch sounds here*

I got all excited and took pictures when I got home.

You can't really see the snow falling on the picture, as it was snowing more on the trail, downhill from where my appartment is located.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #48  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Bayzee I'm sorry your sister took it out on you - it's hard when the people you love do that. Hugs!
Those pumpkin scones sound absolutely delicious, but what's your secret for eating just one? I have a really realllly reaaaaaaaaaallly hard time with that. Especially if it's something I've made (it's all mine muahah)

kakers Hooray for being under 155! That must feel really great
I've also never been to a sponsored birthday party, that sounds really interesting - how many people attended? Also feel better!
Also yes the bull, maybe we could hit it off after all I mean we both have nose rings.

Joss Awww yeah I love bouncy castles! My friend had one for his 25th, it was so amazing. I woke up in so much pain the next day though, I could barely move. It was worth it.
Lovely pictures, whatever the heck you're eating there looks damn tasty.

You are not weak at all, in fact I'd say the total opposite. You've been through so much, I can only imagine what you're feeling.
Going off to see your husband is a fantastic idea, I'm so glad to see that you're taking care of yourself and making great plans for recovering. I really doubt that everyone else around you is doing ok, but I think the difficult thing is to admit to it even (or especially) to ourselves.
Lots of love and hugs to you (even though you said you're not much of a hugger ) Take care of yourself we're here if you need us like Turbo said!

Also that cookie recipe - http://www.food.com/recipe/10-calori...cookies-478546

Turbo Ooh yeah I remember you mentioning something about your delightful neighbours before! Yikes. Can't you complain about them and get them evicted? I mean if they're drug dealing... hmmmm

The cake sounds awesome, can't wait to see pics! And your friends.. well they sound very fertile. Good Quebec air, eh? Shame about your birthday plans but at least all is not lost.

krampus hahahahah! I nearly died, thanks for that! You're all that and a bag of potato chips. Aaaand hey, 1995 was a good year.

Cheeseburger pringles? Huh?! That's the most American thing I've ever heard of. I've seen that peopleofwalmart website too, so I know what's up

Have an awesome time again!

mottainai Yeah it totally puts you off your run, doesn't it? A nice relaxing run and then a heart attack to top things off.. great! I had to drive past him the other day too and thought he was going to jump on the car. I think I need a new route.

I can totally see a difference in the pics - nice work! Sounds like you're doing good. I love it when I'm not too bothered about treating myself, I think once it's not forbidden it's like - ehh whatever. Well sometimes anyway.

Chickie I love the photos, you guys are totally rocking it!

Haha! I showed those kettlebells who's boss! .. them. Well I was doing them but then my back felt a little funny when I did something silly.. woopsies. It's fine but I stopped and danced around like a moron for a while after to be sure.

Do eggs from cake eating chickens taste better?

A very big Happy Birthday to you! Hope it's amazing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually felt pretty good about myself today and wore a skirt! It was a Zara a-line one that went in at the waist in size XS, **** yeah. I'm not kidding myself though, I know the only reason it fit was because of my small waist. I normally wear an M in that brand. I have a really nice size S one that's more fitted which I can put on but I can't walk in it. Maybe I could just wheel myself around, it makes my butt look good who cares about walking. Fashion - I get it.

Nothing exciting here really - eating well and exercising. Not being so hard on myself. I bought a new phone too as my other one called my boyfriend 8 times when I was jogging and he thought there was something wrong so he was frantically trying to call me back but I had head phones in. I finally answered just before he was about to jump in the car to look for me, which would have been way more hilarious when he found me happily jogging away. (possibly having a bull related heart incident though)
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #49  
keep going

Turbo I love the snow photos, they make my heart happy 3FC!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4

Oh so you want photos, huh Leila? Well get a load of these babies!! I happened to have the ingredients for those miracle noodle cookies so I whipped up a batch.

My calculations for the whole recipe was only 80 calories (2 egg whites, cocoa powder, and I added 5 calories for trace calories in stevia.). I probably wasted an entire cookie because my batter was really thick (I used glucommannan powder to thicken it up a bit and it changed the texture to make it more spongy) so I got 10 decently sized cookies. I figure it's roughly 7-8 calories per cookie.

I also added a bit of almond extract just to give them a bit more dimension. They aren't very sweet, but they are DEFINITELY chocolately so if you like dark chocolate these are for you!

Here is the first tray of finished cookies;

and here is one I broke in half;

All in all, they were easy to make, definitely chocolatey, and you really can't beat a dark chocolate fix for only 15 calories for TWO cookies (which is what I just had). Give them a shot!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #51  
keep going

Joss Oh my god they look delicious! Ok I think it's time to start bulk buying them after all, I mean even if I don't like them in other meals it's hard to find a chocolatey item I don't like.. and for so few calories. Swoon!

Glad they worked out! Do you think it'd be possible to make a spongey cake layer with those bad boys?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
Glad they worked out! Do you think it'd be possible to make a spongey cake layer with those bad boys?
I do. In fact, here is what I did with them! (I haven't tasted them yet because I put two in the freezer and am saving them for tomorrow...)

I'm thinking they would be good with the addition of some miniature chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or other add in.

I made little whoopie pies out of them! I mixed up 1 Tablespoon of PB2 with some stevia and smooshed it between 2 of the cookie/cake things. That recipe makes 2 of the little whoopie pies for only about 55 calories. I also made some for my roommie and didn't freeze them, but she isn't home yet so I don't know what the verdict is. Anyway, here is a picture.

Last edited by JossFit; 11-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #53  

... aaaand for everyone else... I'll have to catch up in the morning! I've been going going going all day getting ready to head out and see my husband tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeilaJey View Post
...Lovely pictures, whatever the heck you're eating there looks damn tasty.
That's a s'more! It's a typical American thing; you put a piece of chocolate on a graham cracker, and then roast a marshmallow over a camp fire. When the marshmallow is done to your liking, you smoosh it between the graham/chocolate sandwich and eat it. It's incredibly messy but pretty much the most delicious thing ever.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
That's a s'more! It's a typical American thing; you put a piece of chocolate on a graham cracker, and then roast a marshmallow over a camp fire. When the marshmallow is done to your liking, you smoosh it between the graham/chocolate sandwich and eat it. It's incredibly messy but pretty much the most delicious thing ever.
Smores are probably the thing that made me love camping SO MUCH.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Oh my goodness, I had to teach my husband about smores!
He thinks they're amazing now. When we go camping we eat literally dozens every day lol.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #57  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

)Hi everyone! I'm loving the pics and all this talk about food!
My scone recipe is adapted by this recipe:
http://oliepants.wordpress.com/2011/...-spiced-glaze/

HEALTHY NOTES:
I use half the sugar and butter, I increase the pumpkin to 3/4 cup and they turn out great. I can't use artifical sweetners; my lips and tongue swell up so I'm guessing I'm allergic or sensitive to them. But if you like baking with artificial sweetners, I'm sure it would work here. I half the spiced glaze only (really 2 glazes?), but I don't put it on mine. DH loves the glaze so I glaze a few for him. These are not sweet with my modifications, so the glaze makes them sweet if serving to kids (or in my case, DH)!
Also, I just use 1% milk and the recipe turns out fine and I just make little round mounds to make it easier..no triangles here!

I have to figure out the pic thing, because mine turned out so cute! Luckily I have a pic, because they will be gone today. Still only ate one yesterday! Today...one more!

Monttainai...Scones are kind of like a tea biscuit...well, sort of. They are not usually overly sweet. As a fellow Canuck, I must recommend the Second Cup raspberry white chocolate scone! It's my favorite treat, and I'm not a fan of white chocolate. Not sweet at all, but great with a tea.

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-06-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Bayzee- Thanks for sharing. I'm not a baker nor do I even like bread-type things, lol, but scones do sound nice. (:

Joss- Wow, that's amazing low calorie for a cookie. Glad they turned out well. If I were a cookie-eater I'd definitely make a bunch of those!

Leila- Woohoo, congrats on the tiny skirt, I'm sure you looked super cute! You're lucky to have a small waist. I'm pretty slim all over, but I'm very long on bottom and short on top, and I've got literally like a couple inches between my ribs and hip bones so not much a waist to speak of at all, which looks kinda funny and makes me feel fat sometimes, haha.

Turbo- Thanks for sharing the pics! The snow looks so nice. I wonder if it'll snow here anytime soon this winter...I wish we got more snow and less rain!!

Chicke- Happy birthday, girl!! Oh my gosh, that run looks too fun! You guys look so kick *** (; That's cool you studied IT things too! My husband also works (well, worked, when he was employed, lol) doing network infrastructure things, as well as my dad has been doing that sort of stuff for like 50 years now.

----------------------------------------

Today was my little 6000 calorie refeed day, yay-- almost thought I wasn't going to take it, but I did after all, enjoyed it, not letting myself be disappointed about that, and am ready to not do it again for another week now. I would count it as totally an OP day except I turned a little binge-y after I ate my planned food, unfortunately. But getting back on track straight away, steaks for dinner!

Also let myself do a little body progress inspection, and I really am feeling good that I'm definitely thinning out a little bit. I almost feel good enough to maintain here, almost. Got to have that extra room to allow for gaining back some, though. I can't remember where I read it, but I've made it my kind of guideline that my goal is to get to a point where I can feel great about how my body looks even after getting bloated.

Bad news: I lost my student ID so they wouldn't let me in the gym!! Goodness, I was so mad and it really threw off my groove, you know? Going to get another one made ASAP. I really don't want to miss my workout tomorrow again...

Good news: Church group was very fun and enjoyable again! It stresses DH out a bit because English is still a bit difficult for him, especially religion-related vocab and such and praying aloud makes him so nervous. I can only imagine! So I'm very very grateful that he's willing to come with me in spite of it.

Great news: I finished my programming project YESTERDAY NIGHT which is a whole two days before the deadline! I feel so awesome.

Greater news: We are officially going to Japan!!!! Leaving on December 11th, the early early morning directly after I finish my last final exam, and we'll be staying for nearly a whole month right up until school begins again. I'm so excited. I've never been there, or anywhere overseas for that matter. I've studied Japanese since early high school, but I had absolutely zero interest in the culture or the country, lol, until my husband, of course. He is so psyched about the food there, it's hilarious, but also contagious! I'm also so very eager to see his family again plus meet all the other friends and relatives I haven't met yet. Plus, it's always good motivation for my diet now, you know?

Last edited by mottainai; 11-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #59  

Turbomammoth - COngrats on the run!!! running with falling snow sounds kinda romantic lol
LeilaJay-Zara is such a cute store - if only it was a bit cheaper! I'm sure you looked great
Jossfit-The cookies look SO good and the fatty in me thinks they'd look great with Reese Pieces in em too hahaha
Bayzee-I LOOOVE scones, the sweet kind hehe. Good for u for just eating one!
Mottainai-Congrats on Japan!!! The food should be amazing - I know that they eat more than sushi there, but still, I'd go sushi-crazy there NOM

Hey all - I don't know whats wrong with me. Ever since I quit my job…my eating is so out of whack. Eating way more than usual - and def not he Paleo type diet I'm used to - a lot of crackers in PB/spreads and such and oatmeal (not exactly something I profress to ppl IRL cause I know its not like ice cream cookies or something…but still) I feel so out of sorts - maybe its just cause its the first week of not having a job and I spent my first week sorta trapped in Brooklyn cause of Sandy…either way, I hope that my spirits lift soon! I'm def happier than when I was working but I do feel quite disappointed in myself for "letting go" like this. I'm sure that the food isn't helping either - I am carbo-sugar sensitive and I think that in combo with just...getting used to being unemployed is just sorta leading to this past crappy week. Either way, I could use a hug and and encouragement that I can get back on track =/

Last edited by pixelllate; 11-06-2012 at 05:16 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #60  
keep going

Joss Oooh so that's a s'more! I've heard them mentioned on TV and stuff before but never really considered what it was. It looks freaking delicious though, damn, now I'm missing out.

Mmmm the peanut butter was a good idea in those cookies! I think I'll have to get some now, it'd be good for me to have a lower calorie biscuit as I have very little self control with them. Especially my boyfriend's mum gives me a big tin of delicious chocolate biscuits.. agh!

I hope you're having a lovely time with your husband

Bayzee I love scones too, scones and tea are the best. Last year when I was gaining weight I used to buy a really nice pack of 4-5 and eat them with butter and jam all by myself. No wonder I gained so much weight :\

Mottainai Body shapes are so weird! I'm really pear shaped and I'm getting pretty small on top, like my arms and my waist and then from the waist down I'm a jiggly mess still, agh! Besides you can fake the waist with a belt.

Going to Japan sounds amazing, I'm sure you'll have a great time! Having something to look forward to in the Winter is always a good thing for me anyway.

pixelllate I seem to have gotten really lucky with second hand shops and finding Zara skirts. The M one I got is proper wool and it still had the tags on (50euro) but I only paid like 2 for it (I think something like that)

Quitting your job is a big change, so it's normal for your food routine to change a bit. Your life has changed a lot this week.

Plan out your meals for a few days. After each day you know the cravings will get easier. Create a new routine, for now, allocate times for different activities. Maybe learn some new healthy recipes that fit your old diet? You can do this, one day at a time.

Also your Halloween pics looked great!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So yesterday I went to the Dentist for a last minute appointment, I've been having trouble with my jaw for a while as I grind/clench my teeth and my jaw has been feeling more than a little off. Yesterday was the worst though it felt totally out of place and I had been waking up all night with it. Agh, so got a mould made and I'll pick that up next week. I have to eat soft foods for a while and do exercises but it should be fine. I'm glad my face isn't falling apart. I made some delicious soup with mashed sweet potatoes for dinner and drank some smoothie. I didn't intentionally eat so little but my first meal was at 6pm.. who knew I was capable of that? Especially so close to TOM. Maybe my eat fest on the weekend kept me going.

134.6 this morning but I don't think that'll last..

Happy Wednesday!