Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 148/148/125

Height: 5"6

Bayzee Hello! I just want to fit into my jeans again! Ah!
pixelllate Thank you so much for the encouragement.
LeilaJey Thank you too for the encouragement! I am going for it and trying to get my husband to help me.
Jossfit I loved loved loved your pictures! I'm going to checkout the links you posted! I need to get motivated and add exercise into my routine.

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. My hubby and I were in Atlanta for a convention/ football game/ friends. Holy food and drink. Southern food tasty but so bad for you. I will say I had a great time visiting with our Atlanta friends. We are trying to detox and eat healthy until Thanksgiving!
This will be very hard though. It's my TOM and I'm hungry for all things salty!
Speechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #167  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Bayzee : Everyone seemed to have such a haaaaard weekend. In one way, I'm always super sad to read people disapointed by their weekend but on the other end, it feels so good to know I'm not the ONLY ONE who is struggeling. I'm a selfish person LOL

krampus : OMG this food you are describing sounds SO GOOD. Did TOM come yet? I had a baby scare last week while I was waiting for TOM foreveeeer.

philana : Welcome back!

Joss : As you said, you probably felt jealous to see your friend eat food that you did not let yourself have... but how you feel today about this? Probably super glad and releived you did not! Your new Thankgiving plans sound ... awesome!? You're gonna have such a quality time with your husband, good for you!!

Let us know how your foot appointment turned out!

P.S. Welcome back on the poop troop!

Lockitup : Don't worry about the ''weighing is almost a taboo lately'', it seems we are pretty much on the same boat

Speechie : Monday is the perfect detox day lol Good luck fighting the TOM-eat-all-the-things monster!

Okay first, after reading that Krampus is a person who also get obsessed with Christmas,I feel free to post this : OMG OMG the lighting up ceremony of the Christmas tree of the Christmas Market is this Thursdayyyyy!! It's right by the lake where I go running from times to times and we were there yesterday for a walk with the boyfriend and I was squeeling all the way, the tree is up, and the Christmas decorations, and all it set for the markeeeet. I am so going there Thursday! The tree is quite huge, as big as the one in NYC. Plus I can't wait to put up all the decorations in the house. Yes, I am a freak

On a weight related subject : I stepped on the scale today and after seeing 140.2 yesterday (in the 140s!! I wanted to cry) I was at 138.4 this morning. Such a releived.

The scale struck me though, and it was all clear in my head : I'm on some kind of horrific downslide right now and I need to doo something. So this morning, it's the first time in like... forever that I am totally dedicated on going back on track. I need to find some self-control again.

The self control will be so needed because I decided to stop pushing on my hip because it was obviously not getting better. I decided to give some time to the hip and start again on the progressive program that the physical therapist put me on when I hurt my foot. It's gonna be boring but I need to try, I guess.

Have a good day girls!

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 11-19-2012 at 11:41 AM.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hello to all you Feathers!!
I'm a bit out of the loop lately, but still trying to keep up reading all the updates here at least!
I've gone on a bit of an overeating bender lately, I'll be honest! Basically every day for the past week practically. It's one of those WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE things.... I'm feeling like on top of the world one day, and the next completely sabotaging myself, lol. I mean, it's not really funny, but it's laughable how crazy it is, I guess. Really don't understand it! But it's certainly not the first time it's happened. Always always always as soon as I hit a new level, doing better than ever, it seems like I always go back a step or two before I move forward again. /:
Ohhhh well, anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm still here, just a bit busy and crazy and don't have a lot of great progress to report on, haha. Love to you all!!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #169  

Height: 5'4

Krampus - Ugh, yeah spending the holidays at the Ranch definitely isn't my favorite. My husband doesn't care because it's just a huge party, and normally that's fine with me. Thanksgiving in my mind is about warm sweaters, warm candlelit homes and kitchens that smell like a dream. I want to be surrounded by clean, comforting, warm sounds and smells and sights on that holiday... know what I mean?
I even bought some special candles from Bath and Body Works to bring to my husband's house tomorrow! LOL

I'll do a rain dance to bring you your TOM! HAHA let me know if it works!

I have definitely heard of Delmonicos, and seen it on several TV programs so I'm seriously jealous over here. I'm sure the quality of that meal was amazing and worth the bloat today!

LockItUp - I'm glad you had a good weekend and kept busy! For some keeping busy means missed workouts and crap eating but I know for you and I boredom is a big cause of those icky things. Way to go woman... I'm cheering for you!
Thanks for the compliments too! I was pretty happy with how they turned out and I'm actually not only glad to have done it, but glad that it's done with! LOL It was supposed to be a motivator and ended up being a stressor. I think Mottainai can relate... it's how she's been feeling about her trip to Japan; what *should* be motivating to help keep on plan ends up adding to stress and stress eating/binging!

Speechie - I knew I missed someone! Welcome to the Feather's Chat! As you can probably tell, we're a fun loving bunch and these gals that come back here day after day are seriously important to me. I love them so much! I hope you stick around!
Thank you for the feedback on my photos.
Do you not currently exercise? What might you be interested in adding?

Turbo - Yeah my husband isn't a fancy type of guy but he's going to have fun with it. He told me to make sure to bring a dress because he's going to wear a suit and "get drunk and pretend to be important and $hit". LOL. We'll have fun.

I'm glad that you lost some of that weight already, but you're right, it is a bit freaky to see an increase like that. I really hope that whatever you plan to do to curb things a bit works for you. I know you will find a way to stick to it if you want to and make some progress but it really can be SOOO hard this time of year. Not only are you dealing with crappier weather outside but there are those warming 'comfort' and seasonal foods (I just had a stare down battle with the Ghiradelli Holiday Chocolate assortment... I won.) and then extra obligations to spend time with friends and family. It sucks... you can do it though!

Mottainai - Ugh, so sorry you're struggling! It's so cyclical that way... I was just telling a woman I work with that is also struggling as long as we don't quit, we can't fail. Some times will be harder than others and we might slip a bit but all you can do is keep coming back and fighting. Sooner or later you will hit your groove again.

** So, I just got back from the podiatrist and here is the update; (ask and you shall recieve, Turbo!)

I do have a pretty severe case of Plantar Facitis so they are going to set me up with a foot scan and make me some custom orthotics to help with that. I also need to stop wearing the minimus/vibram type shoes and go back to something with more midsole support. That is an easier fix.

For the other issue, I have something called Metatarsil Cuneform Extotosis. Basically two of my bones, the metatarsil and the cuneform, are rubbing against each other. The friction from it is what is causing the tissue around it to be inflamed and swell.
I can have surgery to shave the cuneform bone down a bit, but it will put me off of physical activity for about 6 weeks. In the meantime, I can schedule the surgery for mid-January and do some things to alleviate the swelling. If those things help, there is no real need to have the surgery! Yay! So, I'll schedule it, see how it feels once I do the things he recommended, and it I don't want to do the surgery I don't have to.

All in all, a promising trip to the doctor!

Oh, and here is the image of those offensive chocolates I had to say no to (Egg Nog, Peppermint Bark, and Pumpkin Spice Caramel) - EVIL!

Last edited by JossFit; 11-19-2012 at 02:38 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

I will have to do personals later after I get home from work and I'm on a computer but I'm having a late lunch and having a horrible time of it. Since hostess is shutting down and I don't yet know if the hostess cupcakes will be bought by another company, I looked around for some and got 4 2 packs. And a hot dog. You know you're trying to lose weight when you feel guilty getting a hot dog because you already ate 350 calories today. At 2 in the afternoon. Considering how late it is, pretty sure I won't want a huge dinner if i eat a little extra now. But now I'm sitting in my car waiting for my client to get home trying to not eat the remaining cupcake in the pack I already opened. God to be in college again!!! When i didn't have to worry about having curly fries and a grilled cheese with bacon and hostess cupcakes for lunch. So not fair.

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #171  

Its like 6 AM. Could not stop eating. Don't wanna go into details...too freaked out to discuss. Not a binge...I just FELT like eating a ton. Kinda felt like "boredom eating" gone wild. WTF is up with me?!
If I had any room in my stomach I'd prob still be eating but I'm not gonna give myself indigestion. I have enough self discipline to do THAT at least?!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #172  

Just a quick check in... back for personals later.

I had a disappointing weigh-in just now... 118.8 pounds. I haven't 'officially' weighed that much since I got back from my Las Vegas wedding vacation in July, and that was mostly water and came off fairly quickly. In this case, I've been on plan!

My hope is that a bit of it is sodium and water retention from having to eat more processed foods while traveling this past weekend but that's a long shot. It also makes me wonder how high I got since I haven't weighed since the beginning of the month.
I can see that I'm leaning out a bit more, and I know I've put on a bit of muscle in the past couple of months but it's so hard having been at 113 pounds in early September. I know I still look good and it's okay to be a bit softer for a while... but over 5 pounds? Blah!

It's making me not feel like I should enjoy Thanksgiving, but also making me feel like 'Screw it, I'm going to start eating NOW'. Dumb.

Anyway, what I'm GOING to do is go to the gym as planned and not make things worse on myself. I'll indulge on Thanksgiving and get back on plan.

My goal is to hit 116-117 pounds prior to Christmas vacation. I'm not sure yet what dates I'll be in Colorado for that, but I anticipate that gives me roughly 3 weeks to get a few pounds off. We'll see!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #173  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Joss...I just read your post and I can SO relate. I think we are living the same weight loss journey right now...this set-back is killing me! I am so stuck and I am eating clean. I was 113 in July and haven't seen 118 is over a year!

It does just want you to say "Screw it..bring on the pasta alfredo!" But I'm staying on plan until my Christmas vacation...ten days in Mexico! I don't even want to think about the damage I will do in Mexico! Sigh...

EDIT: Not sure if this is the case, but a change in your weight lifting routine may be causing the water weight. My instructor told me this about kettlebell training

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-20-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #174  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

125.2 this morning. I hope all the nervous jokes I'm making about having a baby means TOM will come. My moods are all over the place and I am struggling so hard to keep my routine intact and not just like, shovel an entire pan of lasagna into my face. I'm feeling exhausted of my gym routine, unmotivated to do pretty much anything, and pissy that I have to watch what I eat AT ALL, even though I have a very relaxed diet most of the time.

JossFit, Bayzee I FEEL THE SAME WAY about pretty much everything you said. Why are we so hard on ourselves and why is the solution to "I weigh more than I want to right now" to eat everything in sight? I feel like I'm hanging on for dear life.

pixellate Dude here is a collective hug from me and everyone here. *HUG*

kakers Guilt-free eating was the BEST. I miss doing that...eating bagel sandwiches was my favorite. Ahhhhhhhh. I didn't get any Hostess goods - I like Little Debbie's for that!

mottainai I feel like an overeating bender has hit all us Featherweights hard this past week and a half. What is it??

TurboMammoth Ahhh that tree lighting ceremony sounds wonderful! Take pictures and post them! Glad you're down but seeing a high number you haven't seen in weeks is scary. I saw 128.something a couple weekends ago but "counted" the 125.something I got after pooping and going to the gym.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #175  

Bayzee and Kakers - I'm probably a horrid person for this, but I feel so much better that you guys are in the same boat. I guess misery does love company!

I am not letting it derail me though! I had to think about what I tell everyone else; it's water weight.

- I lifted heavy yesterday
- I ate more sodium over the weekend
- I had a salty dinner last night

Not only that, but I have been lifting consistently so I know some of it has to be muscle. I can SEE that I'm leaning out and my abs are coming back in so that extra scale weight has to be a combination of water and a bit more muscle too.

I went to the gym, did my full workout as planned, and I'm eating right today damnit! I have to leave it a bit to head to the airport but I have my snacks all packed and planned out for the day.
I'm starting to see my muscle definition again, and while I am definitely indulging on Thanksgiving I am not going to say 'to **** with it all' and do more damage, ESPECIALLY if the weight is a fluke anyway!

Krampus - I'll be honest... I did not get around do doing a rain dance for you, so that's why TOM hasn't come yet. Try not to worry... It will! That is really crappy that you are struggling so much to stay OP right now, but it seems a lot of us are having a hard time right now. Strength in numbers! We need little "WWFWD" bracelets or something... haha. Actually, the answer to "What would feather weights do?" is probably like, eat all the food, worry about it after the fact, have a gigantic unexplained whoosh a week later and then repeat.

Bayzee - No alfredo! If I can stick it out, you can too. Don't do more damage that you'll have to bust your butt to work off later. I just had to give my roommate a huge kick in the pants last night about her diet (she asked me to) and so today I had to take my own advice; you know what to do, so do that. There will always be excuses if you want there to be but deep down you KNOW what to do.

Oh, and yes, your instructor is right - lifting weights can cause changes to your water retention. Heck, one of the fun things about being a woman is that ANYTHING can cause excess retention! Too much salt, too much fiber, gravitational pull of the moon, eating after midnight... it's like we're friggin Gremlins or something!

Kakers - I too long for the days where I didn't think twice about what I ate, and those snack cake type things definitely remind me of that time. My girlfriend and I had a chat about our favorites the other day in fact; we're not Hostess fans, but she's VERY into Tasty Kake and I'm a Little Debbie girl. I think its a regional thing based on where we grew up.

Pixelllate - Oh hunny, I'm so sorry your day is starting off that way. I wish there were something I could say to make you feel better about it but really it's such an internal thing that it's hard to hear when people tell you to shrug it off anyway.
I hope that the rest of your day gets better and that you aren't too hard on yourself over it.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #176  

mottaini : I think there is definetely somthing in the water these days, everyone seems to struggle on the self-control and over-eating territory.. You are so not alone in this! And going a few steps backward everytime we behave really well for a while isn't crazy at all, it's actually a pretty common cycle, for being around this forum for a while now. Why we do it though, I have noooo idea. Hold on in here!

Joss : I LOVE the plan of your husband to get dress up and pretend to be ''important and sh*t'' LOL This is so something I could do. In college, a few friends and I had this big plan where we wanted to show up in a bar in pj's and ask for a glass of milk with random liquor in it (kinda the opposite theme of your husband's plan though...).

Wow, when you think it through, those were probably the best news you could get with your foot issue, no!? That is weird, I always thought that minimalist shoes like Vibram would HELP dealing with PF, but doctors probably knows best And as you said, the processed food you had probably contained much more salt that you are used too. I love how you decide to stay calm about it though nice job!

OFFENSIVE chocolat INDEED. Eggnog!? I've been craving Eggnog stuff since Christmas stuff came out, which is like November 1st here, our Thankgiving being in October all the store are already in a Christmas mood I found out this AMAZING Eggnog waffles recipes that I can't wait to try on my new Waffle makers but the boyfriend made a clear ''Not before December 1st'' rule

kakers : Yummmy, a hotdog. Haven't had one in AGES. Like you said, it is weird how we get all panicked after a single hotdog, for exemple. Welcome aboard on the ''struggeling with not eating all the food I come accross with'' wagon...

pixelllate : That is crazy how our stomach seem to be so big when we get bored. Self discipline seems to be something that just decided to take a break and leave for Mexico for a while on this forum... Did you manage to get through the rest of the day without much harm done?

krampus : I am so gonna take pictures of the Christmas tree and stuff to share with you ladies! Yeah, a higher number on the scale always feel like a huge bomb dropped on me. I so get you on the fact of watching what I eat all the time''. Lately, I thought that it was so much easy when I was overweight. Which I know in my deep down wasn't, but not dealing with the food stuff was so.. not nerve racking. I guess I needed this bomb though. Sending vibes your way for TOM to come quickly!

Hi ladies! Not much to report. Back down to 137.6, which is only 0.4 heavier than what I was on friday before the eating fest started. I also had a big meeting with the toilet since I weighed in this morning, so I guess I could have been even lighter than that.

I did great controlling the food yesterday, even if I liked a bit of the batter of a Tiramisu preparation. I'm gonna taste the finished result tonight and leave the remains to the boyfriend ; I'm gonna bake myself some zucch/blueberries muffins tomorrow to have something healthy for dessert for the rest of the week.

I started my progressive walk/run program today to try to do something with the hip injury. Today was 15 minutes of walking and 5' of running in a 5'walk + 5x(1'run/1'walk) + 5' walk kinda way. No pain, so so far so good.

I also tried some foam rolling, using my crust dough roller thing with a towel wrapped around in. I foam roall my hip flexor and the outside of my hip and the upper part of my tight. Foam rolling a hip flexor is NOT the most gracious thing ever, in my opinion. I felt like a seal stuck in a sand pit and by the look my cat was giving me, he agreed with that too. We'll see how all of this goes, tomorrow I'm going to run 8 minutes WOOOHOOO.

I'm off to put a chicken to roast (boyfriend ''Oh and we could eat that with mashed sweet potatos, you know with a bit of cream!'' *look from me* ''okay, milk'' *look from me* ''okay SKIM MILK'') take care ladies!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #177  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies! I'm not doing so great either but I'm super busy right now, I was hoping that would be a distraction but unfortunately it isn't. Well it's distracting me from being aware of the large amounts of food I'm stuffing into my pie hole. No pies though. Shame.

Catch up soon! I've been trying to keep up a bit as I've been on the computer a lot.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #178  

Everyone seems to be struggeling and feeling a bit low lately.

If an attempt to cheer everyone up, here's the picture of the ultimate DILF blowing bubbles with his daughter.

I hope that dealing with the mixt feeling of ''Awwww'' and ''I know you're playing with your daughter but could you please take off your clothes? kthxbye'' will keep my mind out of the food district for a while.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #179  

Dear Feathers, I come to you all humbled and broken and...pretty fat!!

This week has been terrible. I binged 3 times plus overeating at least every other day, culminating in some of the craziest 24-hours ever.
Sunday night I had a random-food-around-the-house binge, which I haven't done in MONTHS (spoonfuls of Nutella, which I actually hate, several cups of eggnog, which I also hate, handfuls of rice rolled up in seaweed and stuffed in my mouth, which I also hate, like 10 of my husbands cheap-*** junk food cookies, which I hate, etc. etc. etc.).
Then I skipped class to binge on Monday morning, literally the worst binge I've had in maybe a couple years: no less than 5 FULL half-gallons of ice cream (which, I had to calculate, was about 11,500 calories, oouuchhhh), snack crackers, then serious overeating on curry and stuff at dinner, probably at least another 1000-2000 calories. I ended up with the huge stomach problem again and literally had trouble moving for like eight hours.

WHAT THE HECK. Needless to say, I woke up this morning feeling incredibly nasty and defeated. But I'm owning up to it. I weigh 125 pounds exactly, and I even took pictures of my hugely bloated self. Ugh. Even worse, a lot of it must be pure fat too, not just water, just considering the sheer caloric volume this week, literally like 5 new pounds. If you want to look, you can, just in the interest of owning up publically:
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...7/photo1-1.jpg
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...07/photo-2.jpg
(Yes, I'm smiling, trying to improve the picture however I can, haha)
It sneaks up on you, the weight gain, especially when you're already thinner. Really. Like every day I did badly, I'd wake up the next morning and still be like, hm, not so bad, but then all at once, bam, I really realized the extent of how much bigger I'd gotten. Not flabby, but my muscle definition is all gone and my thighs are getting dangerously close to each other again, lol.

I'm determined not to focus on what progress I've negated, though. Got to stop thinking about it and just think about moving forward. My positive thoughts:
-I still have three weeks before my trip, which is enough time to undo some of the damage. But even so, there's no reason to be perfect by the time I go to Japan. It would be impossible to be the skinniest person in Japan no matter how long I had or how hard I tried. Not even close! So the only goal I need to have should be to be the best I can be. No one else will probably even care if I weight 100 or 110 or 120, honestly.
-My weight-loss doesn't have to end once I go on vacation either!! I just realized this, haha. It's entirely possible to stick to a reasonable diet, enjoy food on vacation, but keep up with my exercise and still keep losing weight! It's not an end-all-be-all deadline at all, actually. What a relief.
-I had a nice full break from dieting, so my body should be primed to get back into losing again. I don't know if that makes any psyiological sense, lol, but it is just a feeling I have, physically but also mentally, I guess. I also had a good taste of how CRAPPY binging all the time and skipping workouts feels. I'd rather forgotten after sticking on plan for all those weeks. Good reminder, at least.

I PROMISE to do personals tomorrow or the next day!! I'm just kind of in a more "take" mode than "give" right now, if you know what I mean....just trying not to feel too depressed at myself!

Last edited by mottainai; 11-20-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #180  

Turbo, thanks for the picture!!! It helps. (: