Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #31  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
...On the cake update, it was cooling on a wire rack and when I tried to put it on a plate, the other okay layer broke too Like broke BAD.
Hmm, it sounds like you messed up the recipe.

hahaha Joss and Chickie tag team for the win!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #32  

Happy Sunday Feathers! Did everyone in the states remember to set their clocks back an hour? It's Daylights Savings Time!

I feel mildly under the weather today after yesterdays festivities, but not too horrible. I wasn't driving around in a school bus drinking champagne or anything, but I had a few beers and a few ounces of vodka... along with candy, cake, pizza and ice cream! LOL it was pretty fun for a 7-year old's birthday party.

So, obviously that means that I did take one of my treat days yesterday. I figure that gives me two weeks to lose any little bit of bloat plus any little bit of gain and maybe, just maybe, lose a tiny bit more fat on top of that before the shoot.

I think for the next few weeks I'm going back to a standard deficit as opposed to the RFL. I like it, but my workout on Saturday was crap and I HATE not having training intensity. If I feel blah during a workout, it puts my whole day off. I'm going to eat a normal amount of carbs and go hard! Whoot!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo - Good luck remaking the cake! I'll have to post a picture later of the one our girlfriend made for the party yesterday... it was so cute! (And delicious... chocolate with raspberry buttercream inside, but really subtle tasting.) She made a princess cake with a doll in it and did the dress all in fondant with a bunch of matching cupcakes too.

Leila - I ate everything too... no worries! Just watch things over the next couple of days and you should be fine. I wouldn't recommend a trampoline in the shower though... that could be a bit of a hazard! hahaha

I LOVE the shiritake noodles. I use the original version as well as the more 'americanized' tofu shiritake noodles that have 20 calories per serving instead of 0. You have to experiment with them, but I think they're amazing if you are watching your calories and/or carbs.

Krampus - NO you are totally right about the article. I suppose what I meant was that I've been freaking a bit about gaining a few pounds and the article reminded me that I've been not taking my own advice lately and was trying to justify a planned treat day based on some arbitrary number on the scale. I told myself that I COULD indulge yesterday if I made my goal of 117 pounds yesterday and I almost didn't because I was 117.2 pounds. Stupid, right? I am going to aim for 117 pounds next weigh-in and see how that goes, but I think like Chickie and LockItUp I'm going to focus more on maintaining for right now. I'm sure thats the case for a lot of folks going into the holiday season. If I can eek down below 117 pounds again that would be great but I'm not going to freak out about it. I'll just keep 118 as my red line for now.

That is SUCH a huge relief that you found all your missing stuff! No wonder you got a little crazy the other night... I would too! haha. When are you off to London? Tomorrow? How long will you be gone?

Chickie - Meh, too late on saving one of those days! I actually think the timing was good; I can buckle down for 2.5 weeks until Thanksgiving fairly easily considering it's such a short period of time (too much longer than that can be a bit intimidating, don't you think?) and then Thanksgiving will be fairly easy; I am flying to Colorado to see my husband on the 20th, and then on the 21st he and I will be driving to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with my BFF and her family. The 23rd we will be packing it up and driving right back to Colorado, so there is no time for leftovers! Perfect! haha. I then have to fly out bright and early on the 24th to come home.

Actually, I made those travel arrangements before I found out I might not be deploying the next week (my whole foot surgery thing) but I will know more on the 19th. I might actually change my plane ticket and stay with my husband a couple of extra days... I should talk to him about that! LOL

Your outfit was so badass! LOL YEAH, 'MERICA! hahaha I will have to check out that site. A 5k with obstacles sounds like a lot more fun than the 12 MILES with obstacles that you have to do for the Tough Mudders.

Any luck getting back on track from the pre-TOM eat-fest? Getting 'back on track' (whatever that is for each person) is always tough.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #33  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Hmm, it sounds like you messed up the recipe.

hahaha Joss and Chickie tag team for the win!
And I come here for comfort and understanding. Bwaahahahah!

When I saw that my downstairs neighbor were not there last night, I bake another cake at 11:30 LOL it turned out better. I'm icing it right now!

With the late baking last night, I really enjoyed the +1 hour that we saved. I woke up SUPER bloaty and feeling weird this morning, and at 140 lbs.
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO what is going on! I need to poop so freaking bad. And drink more water.

I need to live at 12:00 for the baby shower, it's 9:30 and I have so many things left to do... But before I leave, krampus HAVE AN AWESOME TRIP!!!! Shop your heart away!!!!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #34  
Warrior Princess

Red face

I think I qualify as a "featherweight" just dipping my toes in here.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi to everyone, happy Sunday morning!
Don't have a lot of time for personals but wanted to check in.
Loving those Wal-Mart shirts and Turbo's baking story!! And Krampus, I hope you have a nice trip, too. (:

I'm having a nice weekend here, nothing special. Going to try and get a head start today on a big programming assignment I've got this week to reduce stress later! We had a very giant dinner last night, but other than that I've been OP and feeling great, if still a bit frustrated, as usual, with lack of obvious physical progress. What do you all do about that?? Oh well, just going to keep pushing on. That's one of the reasons why I made my goals behavioural based, after all, lol.

Love to you all!

Last edited by mottainai; 11-04-2012 at 12:05 PM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #36  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

mottainai I'd like to try those noodles but to buy them online the only option was to buy lots of packs and I don't want to drop 50squids on something I might not like. The idea of a 10 calorie cookie is pretty good though, it's cool that people have baked with them. Maybe a giant cake next?!

Glad you had a nice weekend and good luck with your assignment! I think you have the right idea with the head start, I've always been a last minute kind of gal... which sometimes works out great and sometimes not so much. Teach me your secrets!

Bayzee Sounds like things are falling into place for you with the wine hah, that's cool. I know the feeling - I seem to get hammered very fast. Anytime I'm having dinner with people and I'm offered a glass I have to decline and say I'm driving, even though one small glass should be fine for me it would be a no no no..What can I say, I'm a cheap date

Chickie Hahaha! I love your outfit, so patriotic..You and Krampus should do a wheelbarrow race in matching t-shirts. USA! USA!
And yeah I totally use PMS as an excuse as well as increased hunger.. sometimes it's not even PMS and I'm like 'ehhh close enough, pass the cheese'. And when I say sometimes I mean every time, of course.

krampus That sounds fun, way better than any memories I have of school buses anyway. I'm sure more booze would have enhanced the experience dramatically - damn those underage drinking laws.

Have a super awesome time, totally to the max (I'm getting into all this American jargon, right, am I doing it right?! :P)!

Turbo I'm still voting for the denim tux, but I say that to everyone I know who's getting married. Isn't it called a Canadian Tuxedo anyway?

What happened to the broken cake? I would eat the **** out of that. Why can't you bake if your neighbours are home? So many questions, I should interview you for 3fc.

Thanks for your support too, feeling a lot better today

Joss Drinking at a kid's party sounds awesome, I hope there was a trampoline involved somewhere. I think I've only been to one 7 year olds party and it was horrible, oh god the screaming..and and and they all move so fast, half of them were on rollerblades inside.
I think it's good you're just going to do a normal deficit instead of RFL, any diet that messes with your workouts isn't worth it in my opinion.

I'm not giving up on this shower-trampoline idea just yet, I just took a shower and it really felt like it was missing something.

Did you try the cookies made from the noodles? I'm curious and I trust your judgement

novangel Sure thing, welcome to you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel a lot better today, I'm trying to stay positive and so far it's working. I started the couch to 5k thing just for something to do as it was dry, but on the loop I was running I met a bull. Well I saw him laying down on the side of the road and just turned and ran back the other way haha.. he was there the other day when I was cycling and he stood sideways across the road (these are small country roads with grass in the middle) and his big *** was in the way. I'm much much smaller than a bull and not yet a very fast runner (good way to feel thin - compare yourself to large animals).

Plan for the week: Exercise everyday - kettlebells tommorrow.
Eat normally
Try to relax more, I've been really stressed out lately.

I want to drop some of this water weight/fat I put back on before the weekend as I'm going to visit some friends and there's going to be a lot of delicious food.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Where do the weekends go? I did ok with eating this weekend but I drank a fair amount of wine last night. I didn't weigh in Sat or today. Woke up this morning to a stressful situation with my sister..she is having a hard time right now, and of course she takes it out on me! I didn't bother to respond to her. I know to let the dust settle before I bother to reply.

I had a craving for a pumpkin scone, so I made some. I love to cook and bake ( and it's a stress reliever for me too!) These scones are much tastier than Starbucks and have way less fat & calories. I love scones...and they are so easy to make. But I only ate one! I'll definetly have another one tomorrow too...they are totally worth the calories and carbs! I know my weight will up be up, so I might wait till Tues. now to weigh in.

EDIT: I tried to post a pic from my iphone. But it didn't work..any tips on that?

Joss...I read your post and I'm following your lead. The RFL plan made me miserable last week, and I think I just wanted to see fast results. I need to go back to allowing myself some treats and not being so hard on myself when I eat a treat. I still have a 5lb goal for this month. But I will try to make it in a more sensible way. I actually had the shakes at my Thursday workout, so I know exactly what you mean!

Leila...I love your plan for the week. I think planning a week at time is a great idea. My wine tolerance was way up since the summer...I'm glad to see it go down a bit.

Turbo...I hate when you plan to bake or cook something and it falls apart like that. Happens to me too, and always when it's for someone else or when I plan on making it for company. Oh...and skinnytaste.com has some great low fat/lower calorie recipes. I make a lot of my recipes from that site.

Definetly drink hot/warm water tonight with lemon. It really does help "move" things along.

Krampus...Your weekends are always way more fun than mine! Have a great trip and enjoy yourself!

Chickie...that race looks like so much fun!

Monttainai...If you're feeling great, don't worry about the progress on the scale. Sounds like you are on the right track. As much as I felt weak on the RFL plan, I liked how I felt less bloated all week. I hate that tummy bloat!

Last edited by Bayzee; 11-04-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Wooo...time to catch up on some personals!

Joss- A couple pounds does NOT make you a fraud. Your story would still be an inspiration if you were maintaining at 120 or 125. Most people don’t have the goal to be as defined as you prefer to be. Don’t feel like a fraud just because you aren’t at your ideal, you STILL lost the 65 pounds and gaining back a couple temporarily is hardly the same thing as gaining back, say, 20. Your success and the inspiration in your story is that you continue to hold yourself to a higher standard, rather than losing the weight and then giving up and going back to where you were.

Turbo- You scale story is funny. It reminds me of myself. “Hubband! If I put the scale on the right spot on the floor and stand on it with all my weight on my left foot I weigh 2 pounds less!” and I count it LOL… I mean, my full body weight is still on there, it’s not like I’m holding on to something, so who is to say that isn’t the accurate number anyways right? The scale may not read right with 2 feet on it for all I know LOL.
Your cake’s problem could have been cooking it for less time. Baked goods can be pretty particular like that, but I am sure it was still delicious!

mottainai – no specific website, but I tend to go on pinterest and browse around the health and fitness category!

Bayzee – keep us updated on your success with the RFL plan. It makes me nervous after the experiences I have read on here last month. Sounds like the low tolerance for alcohol is fairly common from it. Suppose that’s a good enough way to save some extra calories and $ if less goes farther. Wait, now I just sound like a lush LOL. As far as waiting to weigh in, I don’t think you really have to. I usually end up with low weigh ins on days after I feel like I over did things.

Chickie- the whole reason I haven’t tried one of those races yet is they always have them here when it is COLD out! What is with that? We have gorgeous weather most of the year but they always schedule them when it is chilly out. Your outfit was pretty awesome for it.

Krampus- if you are anything like me your body NEEDED that humongous omelette or you’d not feel human for the whole rest of the day. I find if I eat something, specifically it has to have animal fat/protein in it, after a night like you had, it makes all the difference in how I feel.

Leila- I think we have all been there with just giving in and eating. And a BULL? In the road? That just sounds so odd to me! I suppose you two will have to make friends so that he doesn’t continue to disturb your workouts.

Novangel- HI! Welcome! If I qualify as a featherweight, you most certainly do too.

Thank you all for pointing out that despite not quite reaching my goal, I have been making progress! I needed someone to point that out to me, cause as much as it should be obvious, it just wasn't getting through my head.

My scale is now finally NOT going above the 155 mark! I have weighed in each morning now for 3 days in a row at 152!! Granted, yesterday it went up to 155 after a bowl of cereal and half a diet soda (seriously? 3 pounds after ingesting not even 1 pound worth of stuff? It makes no sense to me, it defies the laws of physics!!)

I had a blast at my coach's b-day celebration. The open gym ended up only being 2.5 hours instead of 4.5 but I made the most of it. I spent most of the time working on flysprings on the tumble track (long trampoline) I did a few on the rod floor first, and stood them up, but decided I was going to spend the time really drilling form and technique on the tumble track to minimize the pounding on my old lady joints. It was great, too! I was doing 2 in a row! I was pausing and sometimes adding a bounce in between, but that's still pretty amazing for me. I tried to do beam, but it just wasn't happening. I was having trouble even getting back up on the beam.

Probably because I am sick. Not really sick, and I'm not honestly sure if it's a cold or an allergy flare up but I'm thinking it's a cold. I hope I feel better before work tomorrow, and I'm annoyed that I am feeling too low on energy to be more active today. I really wanted to get back to more Just Dance playing LOL and Wii Fit plus playing. But oh well. Maybe I will feel better later in the day but once my husband is up the Wii is out cause he refuses to play Just Dance with me. What a turd :P

On a side note, my coach's bday party was "sponsored" by the Vitamin Shoppe and USPLabs. I can't say I have ever attended a birthday party that was sponsored before LOL but there was free samples of Monster Milk and Cardio Igniter. Never tried them, but they were free so I grabbed a couple. Anyone ever tried either of them before?

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #39  

Kakers - I know you are totally right, and I'm trying to remind myself of that and be a bit more gentle with myself. I suppose I know that a pound here or there is okay, but the more I adjust what is 'ok' for me, the further I slide down that path. I don't want to wake up and realize I allowed myself to backslide past where I am really comfortable.

Your party sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of a sponsored birthday party either though... not for someone who isn't a celebrity anyway! How interesting. I wonder how they worked that out. I haven't tried either of those products, but from what I gather Monster Milk is a mass gainer so you probably don't need that. Just a lot of calories in a quick and convenient package. The other one I'm not sure of.

Bayzee - I actually would have had to skip it anyway because I'm going to see my husband this week! Whoot! Its super short notice (more on that later) but RFL would have been hard. Besides, my husband KICKS MY BUTT with his workouts so there is no way in FECK I would have been able to RFL with him around. I'm hoping being around him can knock me out of my workout funk.

For the pictures, I post them to Facebook first and then copy and paste them here. I can't seem to post directly here either. I have a Galaxy S III though so I'm sure the process is different for uploading them.

Leila - The party was a lot of fun! We had to make it more of an adult party as well or we would have lost our minds. We set the whole thing up mainly outside so that the house would stay clean and we wouldn't be feeling like sardines in the house. We had a fire pit with s'mores (and lots of alcohol) for the adults as well as bubbles, silly string, and two pinatas for the kids. There was no trampoline at the party... we had to make due with this instead;

Pretty sure my roommate is the coolest mom around. My friend Heather made the cake for the party as well as a bunch of cupcakes. I don't know if it's up to Turbo's standards but this was her first time ever working with fondant and she did a great job! This is heather with the cake;

Pretty cool huh? Oh, this was my hand with a s'more. haha

And me (middle) with a couple of girlfriends. They don't have kids but who doesn't love a party?!

Anyway, it was fun. I feel like crap now though. Blaaaaah. I Just want to hit 117 pounds before my shoot. Thats, um, 12 days between now and then. Probably up a few pounds right now... dang!

Whats the recipe for shiritake cookies?! I'm intrigued!

Mottainai - Yep, just have to keep pushing! I don't usually get stuck because I change things up a lot and I know what works for me, but LATELY I know my eating is to blame and the lack of progress is making me frustrated so I can relate. My plan now is to relax, focus on fueling my body and feeling good, and hopefully things will happen.

Novangel - Dip away! Welcome to our neurotic, poop-chatting, wine drinking, scale obsessing, cake baking crazy people thread!

Turbo - I'll bet my bloat beats your bloat! haha I hope you had fun at the shower and took pictures of this cake of yours. I need to see what caused you so much angst!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, big developments in my life Feathers... it was an interesting day yesterday.

As you know, I planned to take Saturday off as my 1st 'free day' of the month, with the second being Thanksgiving. Sunday I was up and at em, on my way to the gym and suddenly I just freaked out! I HAD to eat and was mid binge before I knew it. It was a bad one, not a controlled one. As I was eating I was thinking "Ugh, I don't even want this. Why am I eating?" For me THAT is the definition of a binge.

So I made a choice; I called my supervisor and my first sergeant and told them that I need some help. I have been dealing with some post-traumatic stress disorder issues since my last time in Afghanistan and it's now starting to stress me out royally with all the other things in my life adding to it. I know it's hard to keep track on an online forum but you know work things have been up in the air, my husband and I are apart, he is deploying as I'm getting out, I'm separating, The full house we have here... the list goes on and on.

I won't get into all the details, but here are the cliff's notes on my syptoms;
- I am withdrawing from social situations
- I don't enjoy or want sex anymore
- I have a strange anxiety about shooting or being around guns
- My binge eating behaviors have started up again

So... the plan is this; I am leaving tomorrow to go spend some relaxing time with my husband. No big plans, no pressure... just normal life. All of our visits turn into these big events because I feel like they have to be fun and it just stresses me out more. After that is my photo shoot, Thanksgiving leave... basically I won't be around here at all in November.

When I get home and settled I'm going to start talking with a therapist, and my work obligations (deployments, training, etc.) are being cancelled. I finally had to fess up but I felt so weak. It seems like everyone else manages just fine, but maybe they're all screwed up too?

Anyway, sorry to drop a big emotional bomb on you all! I'm off to work to fill out some leave paperwork and then try to get a workout in. Gotta pack and run some errands to get ready to leave tomorrow!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #40  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Morning Feathers,

I'm beyond excited for my trip. I got the world's cutest panda hat and my suitcase is full of awful sugary crap I would never eat for my friends (who requested it) - like pumpkin pie flavored pop-tarts and cheeseburger Pringles, and Cinnabon cereal. Agh!

Had a great workout yesterday - long and thorough. Figure I won't have access to weights like that for a week so I might as well take advantage. I'm in my chair at work and when I flex my glutes, my whole body moves like 1 inch off the chair! Weighed in at 124.2 this morning despite eating a ton of carbs at night - won't complain. I have a nervous stomach too.

JossFit That looks like an epic party - reminds me of the holiday parties the Navy held in Sasebo Japan. I just want to wish you strength in treating your PTSD and taking some time to just live a normal life. Your honesty with yourself and the fact that you've made it this far holding it all inside with a poker face on is truly awe-inspiring. I hope your recovery and therapy sessions are cathartic and you will find your libido and see an end to binge eating. Thinking of you!

kakers Woot woot scale moving down! That open gym party sounds sooo fun. I hope whatever mystery sickness you have goes away soon. All this talk of dance games makes me want to buy a console with a Kinect...

LeilaJey You are SO funny, I live in a city where the only large animals around are scary weird people at Wal-mart. Your American jargon is dated, maybe circa 1995, but it's endearing. I will return with: "So last night I got off with a fookin fit bird, yeah." Good luck on Project Exercise!

Bayzee No wisdom on the technology front, but those pumpkin scones sound really awesome. Homemade is always better than mass-produced.

mottainai Thank you for the well wishes. I hope your week is relatively low-stress!

novangel Totally a featherweight - welcome! This thread is really active.

TurboMammoth Thanks for the well wishes! You aren't a mom are you?! Hope you can poop soon, maybe try one of those "smooth move" teas?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #41  

novangel : welcome

mottaini : Good luck with your programming assingment and for keeping pushing it, in the weight related field

LeilaJey : Denim tux are called Canadian Tux? REALLY ?? LOOOOOOL! Did not know that. We do were that, like, ALL the time Ahahahah!

I allowed myself to bake late saturday night because I was being noisy in the kitchen with the handmixer thingy... My neighbor couple-drugs-dealer who think they basically own the building instead of renting only their appartment freaks out something with the noise. The guy especially. When we drop something at night (like, 10h30 or something) he starts screaming WTF WTF WTF downstairs, which make my boyfriend super angry to being yelled at, and make me scared that the crazy guy will one day come upstair to beat the crap out of me Lovely neighborhood.

You met a bull!?? he was like, living your and wild and FREE on the road!?

Bayzee : I looove skinnytaste too. A lot of inspiration for cooking! YAY for just having a scone. Self control, oh yeah! Just realized you're from Canada! Where are you from?

Kakers : Scales are weird sometimes. I'm trying to move mine the less I can... And cooking the cake a bit logner totally solved the problem! Sound you had a blad at your coach birthday! Are you feeling better today?

Joss : The party looks to be a BLAST! The cake is SO CUTE! Mine wasn't fondant though.. I did fondant in the past and it always turns out so good and spectacular You look GREAT on the picture!!! And do not steal my spotllight PLEASE, my bloat is bigger than YOURS! LOL

I do think you need a time off. It's okay to be in the best physical shape you can, but you also have to be okay with yourself. It needs courage to take this step.. I'm proud of you If you need to talk, don't forget we are here!

Hola Feathers! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

I'm happy to report that the caker yesterday was a HIT! I have no picture though, because I was forced to stand next to my cousin and the cake and we had to fake a smile for 2 minutes because everyone in the room wanted to take a picture... So I skipped, I'll try to have someone send one to me

It was a 2 layers lemon cake, brushed with a homemade lemon syrop and a rapsberries mousse between the two layers and a vanilla icing. I put 2 My little poney on top of it with pink dot around them (my cousin LOVE horses and poney : in my gift for the baby, there was a horse stuffed animal and she spent an hour holding it, I had to remember her that it was for the BABY ahaha. ''But don't we get to share it!?? I'm gonna learn my child how to share!!!''). I know my cousin really well, and being the futur godmother, I went overboard on the gift. with the stuffed horse, my gift was a Chrismas dress and shoes with a christmas pyjamas, knowing how much my cousin loved Chrismas I can't wait to see this babyyyyy!

I did not over eat yesterday, I did not eat lunch nor dinner but snack at the little buffet during the afternoon at the baby shower.

My birthday plans are finally a bit... rocky. Most of my friend can make it saturday for the dinner and I'm happy to see them. I'm gonna maybe just go hiking on Sunday though, because I received an email for the boyfriend of a friend (who is expecting twin, and who was also invited to the dinner) : they are having a baby shower next the same day, in the afternoon. I swear, for the past 3 years organizing something for my birthday was SO complicated, and it keeps coming the same way LOL I'm gonna go a bit to the shower, with 2 friends that were coming in town for my birthday.

Two baby showers in 2 weeks, and my third this year. I'm starting to feel old LOL
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post

TurboMammoth Thanks for the well wishes! You aren't a mom are you?! Hope you can poop soon, maybe try one of those "smooth move" teas?
HUSH HUSH, I HOPE I'm not being a futur mom! My head is spinning, trying to find the date of my last period!

HAVE AN AWESOME TRIIIIIP!

(cheeseburger pringles? That really does exist????)
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi on Monday, everyone!

Turbo - The cute sounds super cute! Baby showers are so fun. I hope everything gets worked out for your birthday, and thanks for the well wishes!

Krampus - Yay, I'm so excited for your trip as well. I've never been anywhere overseas before, so I can't wait to hear how it goes. (:

Joss - Wow, it sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. I admittedly don't know much about PTSD, but it sounds very tough. I think taking a break to go be with your husband is really a fantastic idea. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers this month for sure!! You're so strong, I'm sure you'll make it through this. That party does look very fun, also!

Kakers - Glad you had fun at the gym party! Really sounds awesome. I'm sorry to hear you may be getting sick though. ): Feel better soon!! Is Just Dance anything like Dance Dance Revolution? I haven't played it in a while but for several years I was a total DDR freak, lol.

Bayzee - Sorry to hear about the situation with your sister. I've got a younger sister and we've had our share of troubles too, of course. I have to say, I don't think I've ever eaten a scone in my entire life somehow! Sounds yummy though.

Leila - Omg, a bull! I'd have been so scared. I used to run a route of dirt roads when I lived at my parents' house, with a lot of fields and farms nearby, and sometimes there would be some cows that got out and it freaked me out so bad! I'm a scaredy cat, haha. I wish I could share my getting-things-done-early secrets with you, but I haven't any-- I am totally a last-minute person too....just trying to change that, lol.

--------------------------------------------------

Well, it's time for another week! Made it to the gym this morning, and I'm set for a good day. My husband handed me $50 for pocket change as I walked out the door, but I'm not inclined to spend it on binge foods at all, more interested in staying OP. Church group again tonight; even though I know it was fun last week, I'm still kinda anxious about going, but I'm going to try not to stress about it!

Ohhh and that programming project....I actually love programming but this is so long and hard, lol. I am such a terrible procrastinating unmotivated student, but my goal is to finish the project on TUESDAY, a whole two days before it's due. Making new habits in areas not only related to diet, that's my goal too!

Tomorrow's my first try at a totally on-plan-"non-binge." Right now I'm actually feeling as if I may not even take it, somehow, but we all know that could change very, very quickly, lol. But really, as much as I like the feeling of eating a crap ton of food, I really also love the feeling of eating well. I like not having to worry so much about sticking strictly to my diet and exercise in order to make room for binges, I like not being bloated or stomach-achey, I like being on top of my work and school things, and I like how good food tastes when I'm actually hungry, among other things. BUT I'm totally still committed to making tomorrow a free day if I should so choose, not letting myself feel like I shouldn't do it at all.

Here's the new pants progress picture! Condensed them into one this time. I think....a difference? Just one week, so.

Last edited by mottainai; 11-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #44  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

woot woot it's my birthday!!

I had to work this morning and then run errands, but I wanted to share some mud run pics before my family gets home and we set off to celebrate! I can't wait until Nov. 17th. LOL First it was the Hallowwen race, then Halloween, then the mud run, now my birthday, my oldest son's birthday is wednesday, we are throwing a huge joint party for both boths this next weekend, and then my youngest son's birthday is next week. AAAAAUGH!

Here are just a few.

I was going all crazy and getting panera for lunch. I ate my half-snadwich and couldn't even touch the soup. It was kind of ruined for me to get full that fast. Saving for this afternoon, I guess. Sushi and hibachi tonight, with Cold Stone ice-cream cupcakes for everyone else afterwards. I'm not a huge cake and ice cream fan.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #45  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Joss- Big hugs. Really taking a step outside of yourself in order to see how much you are affected by PTSD and it's manifestations is HUGE. I mean, really. The time off will absolutely be great for you! That Barbie cake is kick-a$$. First time for her? I won't embarrass myself by posting pics of cakes I've made for my kids over the years. I blame it on the recipe, right Turbo?

Kaker-s Sponsored bday party? How crazy is that?? Cool that you got samples. Did you like them? The race was f'ing crazy-cold. 45 degrees without the insane wind. My body was so numb that I couldn't even speak properly.

Leila- Deep breathes! Try to take it easy. Avoid large, male farm animals for Pete's sake! You weren't wearing red, were you? Did the kettlebells kick your butt, or did you lay the smack down on those skanky biotches?

Turbo- LOL Can't come here for sympathy, apparently! Ditto to what Leila said...where does the extra cake go?? I'd feed it to my chickens...they eat anything. Your cake sounds amazing! Lemon and raspberry go so well together. Did the lemony sauce soak into the cake? Mmmmmmm. I, too, love My Little Ponies. Takes me back. Because I have way too many issues...my anxiety makes it hard to fall asleep. I often lay there, and instead of counting sheep, I try to think of as many types of My Little Ponies as I can remember. SERIOUSLY. I just picture their butts stamped with each icon, and it is oddly soothing.

Krampus- YEA for your trip! Great job hitting it hard before you go. It'll assuage the vacay food guilt. All of that food you mentioned sounds crazy. I love pumpkin stuff, but not PopTarts!

Bayzee-I upload my photos to a Photobucket account. After they upload, copy the [IMG] code and paste it here. It will show up as a picture. Sorry your sister is being a crab. But pumpkin scones solve everything! recipe?

Mottanai- Those pants are getting SO CLOSE!! I loooove programming. I got my degree in IT a million years ago, and programming was my favorite part. I hope you enjoy church group again tonight!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote