Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #256  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

OH HAI Feathers. I feel GREAT today after one day of human eating, haha. Weight is down 1.4 lb from yesterday. I would say my "acceptable" range is anything 125 or under so I'm almost back to normal. My back feels better but not 100% so I'm not going to push it too much. I might go for a walk at lunch today just to get myself off this chair!

Tonight is knitting/crafts night with my roommate and our friend (we all have the same first name, fun fact). Roommate got some ingredients for OKONOMIYAKI and is making it Hiroshima-style *with noodles* and I seriously can't wait. There's also a gay night tonight which could be fun...

JossFit I sincerely hope it's a minor tweak. My appointment's Friday so not long from now. I'm weirdly excited about going to the doctor; this will my first non-gyno, non-"I have a UTI" dr. visit in the USA since I was still seeing a pediatrician! How are you doing? I bet those 1 million pounds are now only maybe 5 max. And as always you are a gorgeous model in all your photos - that looks like a GREAT Thanksgiving! I hope you got your libido back to enjoy that hotel

JessicaB I hope your husband feels like himself again! As for the regain, there's no shame! Sometimes that's just the way she goes, getting stuck in diet-binge-diet-binge is just about the worst feeling there is so meeting in the middle is probably the sanest and most realistic option.

kakers Yikes, hope your husband gets the hint and doesn't just get takeout every day/night. It's annoying living with someone who doesn't do the dishes or cook - my roommate is only ok about dishes but she cooks amazing gourmet things and bakes stuff so I don't mind doing her dishes and mine.

TurboMammoth Ughhhhhh hope your hip feels better soon. What's with all of us disintegrating into grannies with all our ailments? "The worst flabby fries ever" made me laugh, congrats on the low weigh-in for the month. I'm already excited about eating poutine when I go to Montreal for New Years Eve...

Bayzee Are you still feeling super hungry? All these posts about burgers...

Speechie When I'm not gimpy my workout schedule is typically 5-6 days a week. When it's warmer out I like to run after work (between 2-5 miles depending how I feel) but now it's dark and cold so I save running for weekends. On non-running days I go to the gym and lift weights 3 days a week and do high intensity interval training (HIIT) on the treadmill, rowing machine. elliptical/arc trainer and stair stepper on non lifting days, and sometimes on lifting days too if I have a lot of energy. Personally I've found that lifting completely changed my body and has even made cardio easier/faster.

mottainai I asked my powerlifting friend about gyms in Tokyo. I'll PM you the details when I get them! I watched the King of the Hill episode where they go to Tokyo last night and I feel suuuuuuuper Japan-homesick. I'm jealous of your trip!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Happy Wednesday, Feathers!

Weight is DOWN again today, gym scales said 114.0 and 114.5. Yay for chilling out on the weight-loss, haha.

Apparently, my body LOVES extreme carb/calorie cycling. The routine I've hit on over the past several weeks is amazing....I'm not strict about keeping track of calories, but I have the general gist of it in my head, and I'd estimate that if I average for a week, it comes to about 2000 calories per day, just with sometimes nearly 50% within one 24 hour period, combined with really minimal intential calorie-burning exercise, and I'm still losing weight steadily! And I'm guessing mostly fat, because I've only seen increases in strength if anything. And the best part is, it's practically EFFORTLESS for me, completely satisfying and enjoyable in terms of what/when/how much I eat and work out, very minimal struggle...yay again for finding the right fit.

I'm so freaking ready for the semester to be over and to go on vacation!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Krampus- Wow, thanks so much for asking about gyms!! That will be so helpful. My husband's house is in Meguro, right near the station, by the way, so hopefully will find something close. Wish I could take you with me! haha I'll take pictures for you at least. And seriously, if you want any Japanese things, I'll totally buy and send them to you. Oh, and enjoy the okonomiyaki! I can't wait to try it. How do you like monjayaki? According to my husband he thinks I'll personally like monja even better!

Joss- Yeah, I definitely feel SO much better throughout the whole day in general if I'm keeping to regular workouts too. I'll certainly be sticking to it as well as I can! Honestly, it'll help me enjoy the trip that much more. Doing well 100% OP so far?

Jessica- Me too, I'm also much more strict about not missing strength training! I get so scared of losing my muscles, haha.

kakers- Lol about the pants!! Oh, and my husband never sleeps in his pajama pants either, always takes them off right before getting in bed. Good luck with your strike. Hope your husband clues in and starts washing things!! I'm lucky, mine isn't too bad about that, especially since we've only recently moved to a place with a dishwasher, and apparently he'd never had one before, so he doesn't mind using it since it's at least easier than hand-washing!

Bayzee- You're doing awesome, struggling or not. You know it'll be so worth it! I'm finally getting back to my happy weight, and yes, I can absolutely say it was. (:

Turbo- I'll share my dedication with you if you want! I just genuinely feel better when I keep up working out regularly...when I don't something feels just missing, lol. I started working out and learning about exercise when I was 14 years old (I remember, it was my New Year's resolution!), and ever since then I don't think I've ever went more than a couple weeks without!

Speechie- Our trip is for both family-seeing and exploring. It'll be my first time to Japan, so my husband is eager to show me all the places he grew up around, and especially all the amazing food he misses, haha. It'll also be the first time we've seen his family since our wedding almost exactly a year ago, and I'm super excited about that! I'm sorry you're afraid of flying, that must be so hard! I can't imagine it- I've always LOVED it! Glad you're having fun with the WW points! If it's fun it should help a lot to keep you motivated. (:

Last edited by mottainai; 11-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #258  

Height: 5'4

Mottainai - Yep, no issues so far. Honestly I didn't use to have trouble, and I feel like I'm getting back to being myself again. I've regularly gone very long periods of time with no binges, completely on plan, working out hard, and making huge strides... sometimes upwards of 90 days when deployed. It's only lately I've had issues...

Krampus - Well, it's more like 5 pounds, you're right... but that's on top of the extra 5 I'm already hanging onto. So... 10 pounds. Blech. I hope you get good news and have fun at the doctor!

My libido is not fixed but I find the 'fake it til you make it' approach works sometimes too. I may not always WANT to have sex, but I want to WANT to, know what I mean? I want him to be happy and I know once we get to it we'll have fun, so I just make myself initiate it and go from there.
Works okay for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from getting Christmas cards, all of my shopping is done... yay! Somehow I managed to spend more on myself but, um, tis the season??

Last edited by JossFit; 11-28-2012 at 01:18 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #259  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

krampus: I'm imagining craft night with the krampuses haha, ok I know that's not your name. Does that get confusing? I don't know anybody else with my name but I remember at school there'd always be a few people with the same name. Do you knit or are you going to go to town with a hot glue gun and some glitter? ****. Yeah.

Jessica: Hey! Good to see you around here again, I was just going to ask where you'd gotten to. The important thing is that you came back, I'm sorry about the regain but you caught it fairly early on.

kakers: Hahah crotch holes.. we've all been there. Ugh, wars about the dishes are so frustrating. Well any disagreements like that really, it drives me crazy. I hope you can work something out though, at least you're losing weight.

Bayzee: Ha, unfortunately I'm a scale slave so I had to weigh but I was a little less than the day before. I'm still carrying 4lbs of bloat (well I'll keep telling myself it's just bloat).. ooooh well. Your husband just started snoring? That sucks! Maybe he should get it checked if it's just something that came on suddenly, I don't know. It drives me crazy, sometimes my boyfriend snores but I just ask him to sleep on his side and he mumbles apologies. Usually I can get back to sleep but I know the feeling!

Turbo: How's your reddit addiction going? It is rather addictive. And yeah, raclette.. twice.. that's insane. The second night I was sitting beside the cheese plate. Oh dear haha

Congratulations on your low weigh in! . Way to go!

Speechie: Planning out your meals is a great idea. I often have the best of intentions but if I don't have an idea of what to make or don't have a lot of good stuff in the house I'm much more likely to make a crappy meal and over eat it because I didn't enjoy it very much. Which is crazy and doesn't make any sense.. Oh well. To answer your working out question: not enough.

mottainai: haha, you're so right.. I want it all right now and none of the consequence! Argh. And I also don't think it's strange at all to go to the gym if you're there for a few weeks! If it's part of your routine then you'll find a way to get it in. What was your high weight if you don't mind me asking? I'm not sure if I've ever been 110.. well maybe when I was a kid. I thought that the 130s would be tiny but for me it's really not, the numbers are strange.

Joss: You guys look gorgeous as usual! I'm so happy you went to a swanky hotel and did that instead of stressing in a barn hah
Eeek, Christmas shopping! I'm just thinking about that now, I'm getting into the spirit already though. I'm waiting until the first to break out the nice tablecloths and bring holly in.

LockItUp: lol! I'm totally an American supporter with my over eating. Good idea.
I'm sorry you were feeling crappy, it's good to see you posting again though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As part of the old woman theme we've got going here I'm sucking on some prunes.. for deliciousness.
I didn't exercise like a mofo today like planned unfortunately but I also didn't eat like a completely crazy person so it's not so bad. I've got free time tomorrow morning so I'll do it then, I'd like to be outside for a while. The short days just aren't encouraging and I didn't sleep too much last night.. Excuses excuses, I know. 137.8 this morning so going the right way again. There's something I really really ate about seeing 138, I've been seeing it for months.
I also have to clean and organise my house again.. agghhhhh, I'm so lazy right now. More tea is definitely in order!
And I'm very sorry if I missed anybody xox
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #260  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Bayzee : Usually I am really good at enjoying my salad while the boyfriend eat his fries and stuff, but last night he threw some sea salt and fresh thym on them and I bought the godd*mn brand that comes out so crispy from the oven and I wanted to kill myself for getting him those LOL

kakers : I always though that my boyfriend was the only person in the world wearing his pj around the house and taking them off before going to bed!! I went on strike last month concerning the dishes too and he freaked out after 2 days... it worked for me!

Jessica : It is true that maybe not everyone of us gained as much weight, but we pretty much all scr*wed up in the last month.. Are you still running a bit?

Joss : Thanx for your encouraging words Right now I,m trying to some workout, not much for gaining cardio or stuff, but more for my own sanity.. I feel much better after a 15 minutes of working out, knowing I did something to at least stay a tiny bit fit.. It still freaks me out how much I'll have to work to gain what I will have lost. But right now I'm focusing on healing the machine, not boosting performance

krampus : I love to you talk about your crafting thing night, that remembers me to just freacking finish knitting my scarf. Last week after I red about your crafting night, I knit my life away for 2 hours. Okay, there must be something in the water, because you and Bayzee are talking about poutine, and last night I was chatting with the bf when was our last. I think it was when we went out to see The Avengers, so it's MONTHS ago. Glad to hear your back is feeling better, and OMG seriously, everyone is getting injured! I thought only old people were getting injured while doing sports! Are we old yet!??

Mottaini : Reading about you feeling so good about yourself is so inspiring! And if this cycle works for you, well GO FOR IT! People could kill to be able to eat carbs

LeilaJey : Aww I love prunes. We have 2 prunes tree at my dad,s place and when I was young I was eating prunes non stop for 2-3 weeks.. I guess my young age forgave the increase bowel movment :P

Congrats on going out of the 138! I hate 138 too. I always get back there when I eat to much.

Hello! Still 136.6 today, and no poop time. Hello, upper number on the scale tomorrow morning.

I did okay with food but I licked too much sugary batter of something I was baking this afternoong (It's my third attempt at this freacking recipe. if it's not working I'm throwing it from the second floor, just for the dramaaa).

I had super good working out intentions this afternoon, I left to walk in trails in a park that is basically a big hill (like, you can go skiing there in the winter, if you like really non challenging slopes that takes 35 seconds to go down) but it's litteraly in town and super cute. So I went there and had a plan of walking for 2 hours, but I overestimated the hill (it was bigger in my memories) so I pretty much went through it in 4kms/47 minutes INCLUDING some going around because I was confused. Worst path indications ever. I could have maked it through it twice but it was getting late and dark.

I also encoutered runners during my walk and I tried not to throw mean looks at them because I was jealous they were running and I wasn't. Hehe.

Take care ladies!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 148/148/125

Height: 5"6

mottainai Thanks for your input! I've never tried to rower- sounds like fun! Japan sounds amazing! Be sure to post pictures of interesting eats and sights! Will you be bloging your adventures?

TurboMammoth I must find this bread you speak of!!! Do you mind sharing what your ab routine was. I'm apple body shaped my core/abs are my most problematic area. I know you can't spot train but i def. need to build that area up. I'm sorry to hear that the b/fs family is so thorough. I can say I understand what its like to make plans with a family not like my own.. and it's hard. My dad shared some advice with me on the topic of making plans... make your plans first and then within reason allow him to make the plans with his family for the two of you. Just my two cents!

Bayzee I've never tried pilates but I have done hot yoga and loved it. I'm trying to get back in the groove but unfortunately the only time I can make it to the yoga studio is on the weekend. Its a 30 min drive from where we are Ideally I'd like to have a balance schedule such as yours but I'm sooooo lazy. I think i'll start small and add as I go on

Jess I like your idea of waking up early to get your workout in. My goal is to eventually do morning workouts but I have to train myself to get up earlier. I do not enjoy waking up earlier than I have to. lol. I too have a cat who loves to announce his presence but not meowing.. he knocks on doors if he wants in and then will lay on your pillow and smack his lips. He's a mute and this is annoying way of waking me up.... I love him but grrrrr-r-r-.

Joss OKay, I know you already must know this but you are a SERIOUS bad ***. You should start training other women (not sure if you already do). My hubby and I wanted to try Crossfit but it was soo expensive close to $200 a month. I have a gym membership and its just going to waste because i'm intimidated. I'm going try to go right after work or super early in the mornings on the weekends when it's not so crowded.
-I think I missed the part about the libido? Did it just vanish? I'm asking b/c i'm in the same boat, but I don't fake it till I make it. LOL.

Krampus Well, between you and Joss, I'm going to have to seriously consider using weights. I'm going to do some research tonight about what moves do what. Do you use free weights or the machines?

LeilaJey hahahaha. It does and yet does not make sense. I can understand though. I think we've all done something like that at some point. I live by my menu! Try it!

*^*

This morning I weighed in at 143.6. Its moving slowly but surely! I did pretty good on my WW. I had a little extra chili tonight because I had so little points throughout the day. According to my hubby when I have " only 8 points during the day, it's like you've been working at a broom factory all day." This was said as I was scarfing down my dinner. lol. I'll have to plan a little better tomorrow. I was good till about 4:30 and then I was HUNGRY!

Tomorrow, I will be joining a new running club at my work. I don't run but it will be nice to try to something new

I'll talk to you all tomorrow! Tootles!
Speechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #262  

Speechie : This is the bread recipe I was talking about http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/l...ini-bread.html

My abs routine was basically 60 (I started at 50) crunches in the morning + 60'' to 90'' of plank and at night I was doing plank again and 50-60 crunches. But when I was feel like doing a bit more I was getting some training from the Random Abs website (randomabs.com)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #263  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Ok..libido talk. I think I'm a bit (maybe quite a bit, lol!) older than most of the feathers. I have to say that a decrease in your interest is fairly normal in your mid to late 20's. Many of my friends said the same, but of course nobody talked about it then! We just all complained that we were too tired or too busy for "romance"!

But now that we are in our mid-late 30's, the sex drive is crazy! Call it hormones, but honestly, we all joke now how our husbands can't keep up. Lol! Of course if there was no desire, I would talk to your doctor, but I think many women would agree that sexually, the late 20's was not their "prime"!

My friend is 35 and dating a 27 yr old guy.. She said it was the perfect set-up sexually! Lol!
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Joss Yes, I am ready to get back on track. Oddly, I haven't been feeling overly pressured and overwhelmed the last few days with it. I guess it's because I decided to take the mindset of take it easy and not worry too much about when things come up that will throw me off plan, and being a bit less strict with my diet. I may not end up being as thin as I'd like as fast as I'd like, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually, and I think I just need to let the obsession go for a while.

krampus My husband does feel like himself again. But it did take a long time to heal, and he was seeing a chiropractor for a while. I think back injuries are probably just about the worst injury you can get, so hopefully yours isn't too bad.

mottainai Great to hear that you've found something that's working for you and you're settling into your ideal range

LeilaJey The short days do suck, don't they. I just have no motivation to do anything later in the day, which is why I wake up early to exercise (not to mention I'm very limited on when I can exercise, since my child has to be sleeping to do it!). At least it's always been dark when I get up to exercise, so it doesn't affect my motivation too much. But it is tough for those of us who go outside to exercise. I feel kind of guilty because not only does the cold and dark keep me cooped up in the house, it also means my daughter isn't getting out as much as she should.

Turbo I'm not still running. I pretty much gave it up when it started getting dark out earlier, since I was going out after my daughter went to bed. But I keep up with my cardio on the elliptical, and seem to be able to run just as easily as before as long as I keep myself in shape in general. I do think once the spring hits, I'll work on running a bit more and try to work to doing a 10k run, but it's tough to get out there now. I am looking at replacing my elliptical trainer eventually, as it's just a really cheap entry level machine, and am considering a treadmill, but truth be told, I want both a nice elliptical and a treadmill, and can't justify the cost when my old squeaky elliptical works, just not completely ideally.

Speechie I don't think waking up earlier gets any easier until you just do it, and then eventually you adjust. It's like when the clocks change and it screws you up for a while, but you go with it because what choice do you have, and then eventually it becomes the norm again. I don't necessarily feel like waking up when I do, but if I slept for another hour, I'd still not really feel like getting up anyhow.

Joss & Speechie I've got libido issues too. Fake it till you make it does work, but a lot of the time I have a hard time convincing myself to even start. Sometimes I make a mental note: Okay I'm going to do it today to be a good wife and keep my husband happy, but then after putting the kid to bed, I'm just tired and don't feel like doing much of anything. I try to make sure I fit in at least once a week, otherwise I feel like I'm being negligent, but it's so hard some times.

----------------------------

I'm done my Christmas shopping as well. I hate going shopping, so most of it I did online (plus I feel I get better deals this way). The big disadvantage to that is that while I know I am done, it feels incomplete, since a lot of the stuff isn't here yet. I can't wait to start wrapping and decorating though. Christmas is so much more exciting when you're a parent. I'm not allowed to do anything Christmassy until December, or my husband will complain. I want to go pick a tree this weekend, but my husband wants to wait another week, and I pretty much have to go with what he says, since it's too difficult to chop down a tree and drag it to the car while managing a kid at the same time (which is what I did the last 2 years cause he can be such a grinch when it comes to Christmas -- but the last 2 years I managed to find other people to come along -- this year I just told him that he's going to come pick the tree with us, and he hasn't really protested too much).
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Bayzee I don't know how I missed your post, but I sure hope you are right. Though 5 years is a long time to wait for an increased libido!
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #266  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Good morning Feathers!

Despite DELICIOUS okonomiyaki and some little chocolates and a couple dranks, I was down 0.2 this morning to 126.2 and for once didn't go to bed feeling stupidly full. Yesss!

Still in the pan - that's Kewpie mayo on top, and we added chopped green onions and seaweed flakes afterward. It looks like a mess but it's soooooo delicious. We managed to not grossly overdo it and control portions - hard to do sometimes but I find now that TOM is here/almost over I have a "human" appetite again.

I made a bunch of cards while my friends knitted. They both have some casual physical relationships with guys in our friend circle and we had gossipy sex talk - all I'll say is Jesus H Christ I'm glad I'm with mine and not theirs!

Afterwards my roommate and I went out to gay night for a drink, and we ran into a couple of our straight male friends there who looked really uncomfortable and were joking about approaching women and pretending they want to "try a woman" - UGH, seriously. The bartender was a bit rude so I nabbed the "Krampus" poster hanging near the door on my way out. :P

JessicaB Wow, you're done early with shopping. I like to put it off and panic I guess. As for libido, I can't imagine taking care of a kid all day and still having energy. Are you on any kind of birth control? I got nothing if I'm on BC.

Bayzee I've always read that women's sexual peak is in their mid-thirties. I enter my late twenties officially on Christmas Eve so maybe the next 5-10 years will all be downhill.

Speechie I use free weights mainly since it's more challenging/makes me feel like I'm getting more done. When I started out though I was using lots of machines and it still had great, almost instant results. Do what you're comfortable with!

TurboMammoth Pffff I've totally hurt myself running several different ways and I don't think I'm old yet. How's the scarf? I wish I could knit/crochet. I should have my friends teach me! I totally know what you mean about being jealous of runners while walking. It suuuuucks not being able to do the exercise you want!

LeilaJey I used to eat prunes regularly to try and get things moving but I ended up binging on them. How sad is that? I don't knit/crochet, I just cut snowflakes out of paper and glue them to construction paper and pictures from magazines. Basically stuff 8 year olds do.

mottainai Monjayaki is too runny for my tastes - I like modanyaki a LOT (it's not dissimilar to Hiroshima okonomiyaki), probably the carbs, hehe. My favorite is with tons of green onions, mochi and CHEESE. mmmmmmmm. I'm really happy to see the carb/calorie cycling is working for you! Weren't you 11 lbs up like 4 days ago?!?!

JossFit "Fake it til you make it" works. There's a lot written out there about how women tend to have responsive libidos, and men have spontaneous libidos - so we need suggestion in order to realize "hey I'd like some" etc. Of course it's complicated with PTSD, hormonal BC, all that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Have a long day of work today so doing the drive-by:

Weight this morning was 112.0 confirmed by two scales.
What is this madness. Haha.

Get anxious and frustrated trying to lose weight fast --> gain 10 binge pounds in a week
Chill out and declare maintenance --> change nothing but lose the binge weight plus three more pounds out of nowhere

Hmmm not complaining though!

Personals later, ladies! Imparting some of my good luck to y'all.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #268  

Bayzee : I've once read about that the perfect match, in term of libido, would be a 30-something woman with a 20 something man. That is kinda cool, cougar can be explain by biology... oh yeah!

jessica : Oh, I totally get you, it's much more harder to get the motivation to go out to workout when it's all dark and cold. Like we need another reason to lose track of the diet during December, here,s another one not to workout Sometimes I think we are doomed LOL

GOD I haven't started my Christmas shopping thing, except for my dad, we are buying something with my brother and he was in charge to get it. But except that I've done nothiiiing

krampus : This pancake thing looks YUMMY (you actually got me at mayo on top, I have this weird thing for mayo...). Good job on stealing a poster, I used to leave bar with tall beer glasses from times to times, when my purse was big enough :P I assure you my knowledge of knitting is only the basics : I can only do a simple scarf in one colour. The one I'm doing right down is going to be a HUGE yellow-mustard one though, can't wait to wear it.

mottaini : Please send some whatever thing is working for you my way. Please. LOL

Yooo feathers. I woke up this morning feeling super good when I looked at myself in the mirror, my tummy was looking not bad actually. Then I stepped on the scale and I was back up at 137.6 pounds. Go figure. We did have some fried rice last night, which was healthy but still carb loaded.

It is snowing right now and I'm planning to go walking to the grocery, it is so pretty outside!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

JessicaB- oh yeah, he knows I am on strike. A couple days ago he was all puty "wifey can't eat anything because hubband too lazy to do the dishes." DAMN STRAIGHT!!! Stop pouting and get to it!! LOL I didn't say that though.

Joss- I wish my husband would put on some sexiness! He started doing Insanity and lasted less than a week. And no I don't mind you asking how I feel! I feel perfectly fine honestly. I am only really tired if I don't get enough sleep (though now that I'm 30 that's less than 7 hours instead of less than 6. Gosh 6 used to be my typical!) and I rarely get sick. My endurance isn't as good as it once was, but that's more lack of activity than diet, since I always have eaten this way.

krampus yay for eating human food and your back starting to feel better! Glad you are taking it easy so it can really rest,it will make all the difference in the long run.

mottainai I suspect your husband is normal with the dishwasher, as in, he rinses things and throws them in. My husband has given a whole new reason for needing a clean/dirty sign on the dishwasher, because his "dirty" dishes he puts in are clean enough that I would eat off them before the dishwasher ran. It's no wonder he's resisting doing the dishes considering he effectively cleans them twice.
I'm glad that your calorie/carb cycling is working so well for you! I personally feel like that's how weight control should feel, is effortless.

Leila Prunes huh? Can't knock it, I've been known to drink some prune juice and it's really not bad.

Turbo "licked too much batter" is just not a realistic idea. When I bake, and I admit my baking involves a box with eggs water and oil LOL, I have my own "Kate method" of preparing it which involves mixing the mix, oil, and water and eating as much of the batter as I can stomach before the sweetness overtakes me, then adding the eggs and baking. I haven't baked since I started trying to lose weight LOL
And it's a GOOD thing that you liked how you looked this morning, really, the scale isn't a very good judge of how our *shape* is doing ya know? So who cares if the scale was up a little bit, you look goooooood

Speechie Yeah I don't think I'm too pleasant either when I am hungry. Blame it on low blood sugar!

Bayzeethat is good to know about libido! My poor husband isn't dealing with it well that I never seem to want it, though when I do most of the time he turns me down so it's his own fault really. But I'm 30 and he's 26 and for some reason he doesn't understand that rolling over and trying to tug my pants off is NOT the way to get anything, except a really annoyed wife. Not sure he'd like it though if I told him not to worry, only a few years till my libido comes back haha

----------------------------------------------------

On a related note to the dishes strike (which is still going on) I went to cook myself a frozen pizza a little bit ago and there on the counter wrapped in a brown bathroom-style paper towel was my SPATULA! Here's the background- we have TWO plastic spatulas, and one has gone missing. One I keep right next to our quesadilla maker to remove the dillas when they are done. The other day I was making one and when it was done I couldn't find the spatula ANYWHERE. I asked my husband where it was "I don't know" he says, and stands there. So I asked him to help me look. We couldn't find it. Apparently "I don't know" translates to "I took it to work but I forgot."

At least now I have my spatula back. And it's at least clean enough for my standards so I can make dillas and use disposable plates.

Hanging out at 150 this morning again But having a bad day so far today, I just want to EAT! Not binge, but eat a more normal amount. And I have too much work I need to do to be able to go to the dance tonight like I was planning. But it'll be ok.

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #270  

Height: 5'4

Hello Feathers!

I had my appointment today to get my feet scanned so that they can make me some custom orthotics, so I should get them in about 2 weeks. Hopefully that will take care of my plantar faciitis that I have in my right foot and help with the metatarsil cuneform extotosis in my left. Can you believe all these foot issues came from wearing those New Balance Minimus shoes?! I love them, but like my podiatrist said; I'm just one of those people who can't wear them.

I got my new running shoes in the mail last night and took them for a spin today. It feels weird to be wearing such 'chunky' shoes again, but I think it will help things. I've also started sleeping with this funky foot brace on my right foot that pulls your toes up and keeps your plantar facia stretched during the night. All together it seems to be helping. Hopefully with the alignment of my feet due to the orthotics and supportive shoes my left foot will realign and I won't need the surgery! Whoot!

Turbo - LOL, love the picture. My theory is that while your weight may have been up, it might be some nice water retention in your muscles causing you to look nice and lean but still be heavier. I know that I honestly look my best after some nights of heaving eating and drinking because my muscles are super pumped up. (Well, when I'm leaner it shows... now that I have a bit of a fat layer on me I just look plumper in general. Damnit.)

I'm sort of jealous you have snow, but not really. It's great when you get to sit inside and look at it while drinking tea and relaxing... not so great when you have to actually go out in it. Cold... no thank you!

Did you know that part of the reason we love our heavy 'comfort foods' in the winter is because our bodies heat up while eating? Your body craves heavier foods because eating them (and more often) helps to warm you up from the inside. Just one more thing working against us this time of year!

Mottainai - You're awesome, but I so want to tell you to go to h#ll right now. It's just the green-eyed monster talking but seriously... ugh. *Note to self; repeat mantra... it will come off, it will come off...* I'm with Turbo though - pass along some of whatever you've got!

Krampus - Occasionally I long for my single days, until I'm around my single girlfriends and then I go "Oh yeah, I'm the luckiest woman alive to have my husband!" Nobody fits me better than he does and I am so thankful to have found 'my person' especially after the previous relationship I was in and my first marriage. Yikes.

I definitely know that men and women require different sexual stimulus, but I had gotten to the point where I was like "ugh" at the thought of it and would actively AVOID sex by going to bed early and such. Now I'm basically 'getting it out of the way' (LOL that sounds awful) and initiating sex earlier in the day before I get tired and there is that nightime pressure because it's expected. Does that make sense? Besides, then I know I'm off the hook for the night and my husband feels like since I initiated it, and during the day no less, that I must REALLY be hot for him... hahaha. win win!

Good to know your appetite is almost normal again! Today I did a boatload of cardio so I'm a bit hungry, especially being on restricted calories... so I think I'll go get a pedicure to relax a bit and keep me away from food things.

Jessica - Ugh, I was thinking the same thing... I hope it picks up soon! I'm trying to let the obsession go a bit as well, and it's helping just to go through the motions and forget it. Each moment is not always easy but in general I feel like I'm getting back to myself again.

My husband also doesn't care much about any holiday, whereas I tend to make a bigger deal out of them. I won't be joining him in Colorado until the 23rd so I feel like I'm missing out on all the decorating and Christmas music and fireside cuddles we should be having, but in all honesty if I were there every day it wouldn't feel as special. I still get to see him for Christmas and this will be the first New Year's Eve we have EVER gotten to spend together, so that's exciting as well. We may not even go out but just spending a holiday together feels special.

Bayzee - I have read that before but honestly sort of forgot about it... it makes me feel a bit better! Maybe it's not a symptom of stress and/or PTSD as much as it is a natural slow down. It feels like a little less pressure on me actually!
Thanks!

Speechie - Haha, thank you... I do actually plan to be a trainer. Right now I'm still active duty military but next July I am separating to move to Colorado and be with my husband, and I'll be going back to school full time and getting a degree in personal training. It's been a passion of mine for a while now and I guess now is the time to make the leap and try something new! You only live once, and for me that means putting my happiness first and following my passion and, more importantly, being with my husband.
As for the libido talks, I mentioned a few weeks back that as a result (likely) of my PTSD (which I am only now just starting to come to grips with so there have been a lot of rather raw emotional Jossfit posts recently) I haven't had any desire to have sex with my husband. It's been going for a while and I wasn't sure why, but I think I'm figuring it out now. Regardless, I am making it a priority to have sex at least every other day when I see my husband (he lives in another state) so that at the very least he feels loved.
I do love him more than anything and find him super sexy, and he's my best friend, but sometimes sex is the last thing I want. We ALWAYS have fantastic sex once we start, so why don't I want to all the time anymore? Just weird I guess.

Leila - Something about the way you write always makes me laugh. I just get these images of you sucking on prunes and drinking tea like some old fuddyduddy or something.
Feeling less blah today?

*Again, apologies if I missed anyone... this thread is like lighting sometimes! shout out to some missing regulars; LockItUp, ChickieChicks, Philana, Pixelllate, and anyone else lurking and not posting! Hope everyone is doing well!

*Edit: Amazingly me, Kakers and Leila all posted at the same time!

Kakers - I'm jealous! I wish I could feel as good as you do! Glad it works for you though, seriously.
My husband is amazing, yes, but you know what? he's stubborn with his fitness and is always injured! hahaha I take the bad with the good I suppose. It's sexy now but in a few years he'll be in a wheelchair and I'll be wiping his a$$.

Last edited by JossFit; 11-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote