Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #436  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

I really hate it when I can't sleep but I take it as a notion that some one needs to be prayed for.I saw this sign some where "When you can't sleep don't count sheep talk to the Shepard". I usually end up watching tv or reading . Makes for a long day when you are up half the night too.

Hello to every one else I'm kinda new here so it may take a wee bit to get every ones names down. This week has been a bit slower and God has been good as He always is. Have a great day .
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey losinit! I've read that somewhere as well and do my best to take it to heart! (Although, I do enjoy the uninterrupted 3FC time! )

I have noticed that, especially when I've had a nightmare, if I can't sleep praying always works.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #438  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kim
He and I talk a lot when I am up late at night. I talk and I swear I can hear him talking right back to me. Have whole conversations about stuff. lol

loseinit
I just said something to you somewhere else a few min ago. lol
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #439  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Kim Star I understand the uninterrupted 3FC time I try some times to get on here and seems every one town needs something lol.If I get woke up as in phone or hubby snoring it is so hard to get back to sleep don't know why
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #440  

Default Hi there!

Shy- Sorry you had such a time sleeping, i occassionally have that problem especially if I have coffee late at night
Kim- Thanks! Congrats on being down 12 lbs that is alot to lose in a short period, You have to find some healthy high calorie snack, so you can eat it and not be too full. so glad tests came back better.
Losing it- glad you pop in and visit. I agree talking to the shepherd helps me relax and go to sleep usually, it puts me in a safe frame of mind.
Gotta leave for work at 5:30m work 6a-8a then 2pm-9pm. So gotta hit the hay! Take care...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everybody,
I just haven't had time to get on here but I'm trying to follow the posts. Our 10 year old is suspended from school AGAIN. It seems he is mad all the time and attacks the other kids. This is one of the kids we adopted when he was 3 years old. He is currently seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist. They are thinking of sending him to another school a half hour away that deals with behavioral issues. We just pray that something helps.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to write more later.
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #442  
Rennie

doitforme
Really no rhyme or reason why it happens. Tonight is going to be another late night.

Momof
I am so sorry. I understand how hard it is to deal with these kids. They just don't think like other kids or react to situations like other kids. Have to say when we finaly found a school for our son that deals with adhd and asberger kids his learning skills went up 1,000 percent. Down side was different behavior problems that we had never seen before in his life started happening, have a feeling he learned them at school. We have really had to crack down and let him know, the other kids at school might act that way but we aren't putting up with it.

Maybe another school is just what your son needs. Might have people trained there to deal with is problems. Only problem with councilors or such is that if a kid won't talk to them or doesn't know how to explain what he is feeling. They can't get the help they need.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #443  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Shy: What a great thing to experience! It's great that you're so in tune with the Father that you have conversations with Him! Hope you're sleeping better now!

doitforme: Thanks for the congrats! I didn't lose any weight last week which was a great thing. I've started counting points again because it's easier for me than calorie counting. I just increased my limit by two and that seems to be doing great!

Mom2five: I will definitely be praying for your son, your family, his teachers, and his psychiatrist/psychologist.

Me: I'm feeling great this morning. I was FINALLY able to wake up early and work out. I seriously prayed last night before bed that He would help me to hear the alarm and get up and He did! It felt awesome to know that He's in the little things that I think are too petty to bring to Him. I'm all set for the day with my workout done, healthy snacks in the office fridge and healthy meals planned for the remainder of the day!

Hope everyone else is feeling the Lord's blessings today!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #444  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I'm Back!

We had a blast on our vacation! We relaxed, did lots of walking and connected with family. It was just what we needed. I could have used a few more days away but it is great to be back home! I did gain a few pounds while we were gone. All that restaurant food!

Have any of you visited Boldt Castle at Thousand Islands, NY? It was amazing and the story behind the castle is tragic but very interesting. We had a great time in the area. We also spent a couple of days in Buffalo and had a great time there too.

We spent the rest of the week in Montreal and Ottawa. If you ever get the chance to visit Montreal you will love it. This is the birthplace of Canada and the historic buildings in Old Montreal are incredible.

It's good to see all of you losing and exercising. I exercised but the food I ate just over road that! Back to normal now and eating properly again.

Good to be back!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #445  
Rennie

Wima
Glad you had a nice vacation
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #446  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma, welcome back. We are heading to upstate NY tomorrow for a week long vacation. I'm hoping to keep the eating under control - taking quite a few healthy snacks, and plan to do a lot of walking. DH and I ALWAYS split an entree when we eat out, but that can still be a lot of food given restaurant portions. Time will tell...

Shy - I'm the same way, I try to use times I can't sleep as devotion and prayer time. I have audio bibles and devotionals on my mp3 player, so I curl up on the couch with the dog, a blankie and my player.

Mom2five - will keep your son in our prayers as we travel. Ten is such a tough age! Hopefully the counseling will help.

I probably won't have Internet access for a week, but I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you all have a blessed weekend and week
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:46 PM   #447  
Rennie

Once in awhile one of the kids will wake up and hear me " talking to myself ". Mom, who on earth are you talking to. I will say the big man, they smile. One time one of my kids said Mom, I talk to God but I don't hear him say anything back. I said to them, that is because you don't listen.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-04-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #448  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ well, we've had a very eventful week, to say the least (so I have been absent for a few days) ...

TUESDAY ~ our hot water tank broke (or so we thought); after blowing several fuses, it's off to town to search for new elements; well, that's a job and a half; drain all the water and make a tool to clean out about a foot of sand on the bottom of the tank. So in they go; but it' s a no-go; still not working. DH was very upset; called uncle; he said to check the fuse box again; and sure enuff, the main fuse box was broken; so had to call an electrician ...

WEDNESDAY ~ wind and rainstorm knocks out our hydro, so we end up going to town for dinner, but thankfully, by 8 pm it was back on. Exhausted ... drop into to bed early after an evening walk.

THURSDAY ~ electician can't come til today, but I had to go to the emerg at the hospital as my leg is swelling, and throbbing from a scrape I did on my PC desk; got some antibiotics and cream to help it heal; that took all day; still no electrician. Oh well, maybe he'll show tomorrow,or sometime on the weekend, so DH can have a shower; my uncle told me to tell DH I can just hose him down, if he wants ~ LOL! I'm sure he'd luv the idea; hehe!

ANYWAYS, my life likes to take many curves; got my small bird feeder up; and the birdies are very happy. We had lovely sunshine for most of the day, even if it was tiring. I was able to get in some walking five days in a row; I like the evening esp, cuz it's cool and the stars are beautiful at this time of year here.

It is our THANKGIVING this long weekend; we are having a small turkey with pumpkin pie at home this year for a change. Our car is still running for us. Well, I hope that is all the excitement we'll have for a while; I want some peace; sure hope the hot water is on before then. I have been getting my walking in for the last five days in the evening.

SUE ~ Luv that poem; so nice.
WILMA ~ glad you had such a great holiday.
SHY ~ On nights that I can't sleep, I do come here and read; or I read the Psalms (in the bible); have a nice, hot cup of tea, and that helps me want to sleep. Sometimes a walk in the cool evening air helps me too.
MOM ~ you have your hands full; maybe a new school will be better.
KIM ~ you can just call me ROSEBUD, as it's shorter ...

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE; glad things are going well for each and everyone of you; take good care of yourselves; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^ PRAYERS ^ continue for all, esp JIM, JEFF, SCOTTY, LEVI, and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-05-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #449  
Rennie

Justwant2

Is that ALL that has happened lol. Just think, you could have been you had cock roaches lolol.

Sorry you have been having such a hard time. Nice that you got to go out to dinner and relax for a bit.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #450  

Oh, I'm so behind again with posts but enjoy reading what everyone says. I like the part about talking to God. Nothing is too small for Him. Praying for your son Momto5. We've had plenty of those times with our 10. The 6 boys always had to prove who was the toughest. But they are all grown now and doing pretty good. Still one son, age 30 is not saved. I'm trying to get in more fruits and veggies. Veggie sandwiches are my latest invention. I love bread and find it hard go give up.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote