Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:19 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Doing very good Trish.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Attempting a 24 hr fast which will end tomorrow around 4 pm. So far so good. I want to do a 24 hr today till lunch tomorrow and then I will figure out a time to do the 36 hr during a week when I don't have a lot going on. I want to be able to stay home to do the fasts. I would love to be able to work up to a couple of 72 hr fasts before my drs appointment in July.

I didn't drink my BPC until I left the grocery store. I didn't go to see my Daddy since I wasn't sure how things would go with potty issues. In fact, I thought I was going to have a problem standing in line at the store so headed home as soon as I could. I drank the coffee on the way home. I had a couple of incidence since I got home but not drastic.

FBG before lunch was 99. That pleases me immensely. I actually grilled us a salmon fillet on the top of t he stove today and it was very good. So now I can cook salmon. HEB has fresh salmon and the lady told me how to cook it. I had to cook it just a little longer than she said to get it done, but it worked out very well. I am really glad so now we can eat cod fish one day during the week and salmon the other. I tried the Mary's crackers yesterday and the CrunchMaster today and like both very well. I like the texture of the CrunchMaster best, but will alternate them so I don't get bored with it.

Doing laundry tonight so that keeps me busy and not thinking of food. Will do the rest of my laundry tomorrow evening.

Hope we all get a good nights sleep tonight.

Goodnight.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:22 AM   #108  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Trish: I will just caution, for many cancers fasting is helpful and can slow tumour growth, but apparently there are some that this is not true for , and that fasting may be a problem, so people with cancer who are considering fasting should work with an expert, not outside encouragement. Overall though, fasting can be very good for us. I am not planning on fasting until tomorrow. I offered brunch to DD and her fellow, they will be staying at his mother's place over the weekend, but I would not mind seeing them again before I leave, if they come that will be my last meal until Monday supper time, but that would only be about 24 hrs due to the time change. If they don't come for brunch, then I will stop eating after supper tonight. Having some friends over, planning quiche and salad before we all go to a concert. Both of us couples have seasons tickets for this "folk night" series of concerts. They have mostly been excellent. The friends are great too. Looking forward to seeing them.
Trish; I am also thrilled for you about the 210 lbs, I don't remember seeing numbers like that since I have been connecting with you here. Both you and Carol have really seen success this year. Since Christmas time you have both seen some good changes. That is very inspiring and a reminder to everyone to not give up. Find your way and things will work for you!.
Have a good weekend.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #109  

I was happy to have a fasting blood sugar of 99 this morning. I should have washed my hands and tested again yesterday. I think maybe I had something on my hands. I don't think I am storing a lot of glucose in my liver .

I am making stuffed cabbage rolls today. DH is getting the cabbage ready now so I hope to have them in the oven by 10 or so then I will make halusky with the leftover cabbage. So it's a Polish food day today. My MIL would be proud.

BBL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-23-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #110  
Madeleine

Enjoy, Carol, I LOVE homemade Cabbage Rolls. Yum. IF you keep the rice low, there are also pretty low carb.
SO no worries for you.
We have sun, if not much warmth today. Packing, Packing
Old 03-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #111  

I forgot to count how many cabbage rolls I got but I think it's around 60. A turkey roaster filled to the brim. I used about 1/2 c of rice which cooks up to about 1 cup, so it's not a lot of rice. I consider it to be a great low carb food and we will be eating it for 2-3 days. The old grandmas always made it with a lot of rice because it was considered a peasant's meal, meant to stretch a dollar. The halushky is the problem, with the noodles. I love it but try to go easy on it. The halushky is done and I'm having some for lunch. The cabbage rolls will be done around 3 and they will be dinner.

Trish, I wonder why you are having the potty issues. It might be because your body is having to adjust to the different eating plan.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-23-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #112  

I didn't get to bed until 2 am so I slept until 10 am which gave me my 8 hrs of sleep. I really don't like doing that because I don't feel as well I think because I feel like most of my day is gone. However, I wasn't tired and didn't go to bed until I was sleepy. I figured I could spend the time with DH and sleep in this morning since I didn't have any where to go. Weight was 211.4 again this morning but it isn't unusual for me to bounce back up although I was disappointed I didn't see below 210. However, I know it will come. 1st FBG reading was 116 so that is good. I will break my fast at about 4 pm so I'll have a definite 24 hr fast then go back to the OMAD & a snack. I will do the snack because I want to fix something both DH and I can eat as a snack and stay OP.

Fatmad I know fasting probably won't take care of all cancers, but I figure that I have a better chance of prevention with the fasting. I share my experience a lot on here as a guide for others who may be going through what I have. I had all this under control years ago when I was on Atkins although I never lost a lot of weight and I think it is because I didn't eat the fat. I didn't realize the importance of it. I always did more of a lowfat/low carb combo and I think that was my problem. Now I realize the importance of the fat although I still don't eat as much as they say just because I don't really like it. Hope you get to see DD before you leave. Enjoy your night out.

Carol Sue I think the potty issues is just getting used to the changes I have made. Also I'm wondering if the ACV cocktail doesn't cause it as well. I didn't drink but one yesterday and things were better. I usually drink one first thing in the morning, but didn't do that yesterday since I was going out. DH said that ACV is supposed to heal digestion and I think there are things going on. When I was young I had a tendency toward a spastic colon. Now I just have this urge that I need to get to a potty soon. However, I guess I really didn't have to go when I was at the store, but didn't know that until I got home. I just don't want to be out somewhere when I do have. I had that a lot when I took Metformin when it turned on me.

Your cabbage sounds so good. I wanted to buy some cabbage so bad at the store yesterday because DH will it, but I'm not sure I can eat it. I may break down and get a small head some time.

I was going to buy grass fed organic milk yesterday, but that stuff is like gold at almost $6 a gallon so I didn't get it. It is like the range free eggs as they are almost $4 a dozen. I did buy cage free eggs this last time, but after the picture of what that means on Dr. Nicolantonio and Dr. Fung FB group, I think I might as well just buy the regular caged. My beautician said she would sell me eggs from her range free chickens for $3 a dozen, but I don't think she could keep me in eggs. So will have to see. We just have to do what we can.

Y'all have a great Saturday everybody.

Edited: Carol Sue I wanted to congratulate you on the FBG of 99. That is awesome. My goal is to get my FBG down below 99 by the time I go to the doctor in July. Don't know if I will make it, but really going to give it my best shot. I'm so happy for you girl.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-23-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #113  

I just listened to a great YouTube video of Dr. Berg's on 23 benefits of OMAD for weight loss. I will do extended fasts when I can, but I may not have to worry about it if I can do OMAD. He had another video on how to fast for weight loss where he says fasting 18 to 24 hrs is the best ration in which he says he that when starting out that a 4 hr eating window is a really good thing. However, after hearing the benefits of the Autophagy with a OMAD, I think this is the way I want to move toward.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #114  

Trish I think you are really on the right track. If you do OMAD most of the time with a day here and there where you add a snack your body will not get into a rut. You will be able to have a longer fast here and there too which will also help with autophagy. Keep doing what you are doing.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #115  
Madeleine

Looks like my "starting weight" before my trip is 154. I haven't fasted in several days. I will be fasting today, my travel day, and again on the way back. I have found it easier to fast when travelling. The Gravol works faster and better, I am not eating food I don't want or like, (I was popular with a hungry seat mate on my flight back from Portugal i think) I need to make a sign for the plane to put up so I don't get bothered by the staff trying to give me food and drink.
Otherwise, looks like I am close to ready. I woke up to use the bathroom several times last night, but otherwise slept well. I was not planning to bring my laptop, but it IS easier than trying to type on my tablet, but I was thinking of being a bit more disconnected that way. Really concentrating on enjoying my trip.
SO if you don't hear from me until a week from Monday, don't be surprised.
Hoping everyone will keep on with the successful habits, and that you are able to give up unsuccessful patterns you would prefer to let go of.
Have a nice spring week.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #116  

Enjoy your trip, Mad. I think you will do fine with eating. This has become a way of life for you.

I woke up early with a low blood sugar but it went up a bit after a couple hours. It might be because of lack of sleep. I woke up a lot during the night and then got up early because I could not fall back to sleep. I guess I will need a nap today.

My pain level is relatively low, so I think it's time for me to get back to exercise. I am also thinking that I will take Motrin if necessary. I know I'm not supposed to take it on a regular basis, but if that's the only thing that relieves my pain and they won't give me something else that works, then I will take it. I'm tired of this pain and using it as an excuse not to exercise. I don't want to end up an invalid. My muscles are just not getting enough use and I believe if I don't get back to it now I will reach a point of no return. I am not ready for that. I want to be able to get around. I have been doing my seated leg lifts, but I need more variety that can't be done in my chair.

My stuffed cabbage turned out good. I gave a lot of it to my step-daughter. She and her DH love it, and he doesn't need to give much thought to what to take for his lunch. This will probably be the last time I will make it for the season. It will be getting too hot to have the oven on. If I make it in the summer I put it in the electric roaster and put it out on the deck, so it has to be a day not too sunny, but with no rain. I also want to make vegetable soup once more before the heat comes.

DH just got up so I will see what he has planned for the day.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #117  

Location: USA (W/SW) 02Nov2019 -10 lbs 07Apr2020 -20 lbs 11Nov2020 -30 lbs 12Oct2021 -30 lbs 28Sep2022 -40 lbs 01Oct2023 -22 lbs(up 18lb)

S/C/G: 0/-41.5/-70 lbs

Mad- I hope you have a good trip!
Trish- You are doing great!
Carol- You are doing well too and hope you can get exercise worked back in.

Last week, I was able to maintain a lot of little changes and I am really pleased with that. It still not translating into better numbers. I wish IF were enough and I didn't have to also count calories but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. Minor non-scale victories were going to sleep and getting up at better times.

Yesterday morning, we went to the zoo. It was a really nice day and I counted the two hours we walked around as exercise. It was fun to see all of the animals. The zoo is making a lot of changes to the exhibits which will be really nice (for both the animals and viewers) when they are complete. I'm always amazed at the number of kids in strollers and wagons. My daughter was always so active at that age and would not stay in a stroller. In fact, she would bring her toy stroller and her doll. She would push it all around the zoo with me chasing after her trying to get her to slow down. Ultimately, she wore out the wheels on that toy stroller. Definitely a different experience than having a kiddo who would sit quietly in a stroller.

Hope it is a good week for all!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #118  

fatmad You have a great trip and have a lot of fun. I'm sure you will be fine with your eating.

Carol Sue I think we do what we have to do. For a long time I took the Ibuprofin although I knew we aren't supposed to take it but it helped with the pain. I'm actually easing back into my exercise too.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I appreciate it. DH watched a YouTube video of a couple testing their ketones and glucose after sweeteners. I wanted to see the one on Splenda but had to go o bed while sleepy so DH watched it. I did see that they found that Stevia made no significant changes. Some of the others seemed to be different for her than for him so they decided that it was different for each one according to you metabolism. I went to bed telling DH he could watch it and tell me what happens with the Splenda. He came in to tell me that they said the problem with Splenda is that it can cause hypothyroid and keep you from losing weight. I've been slowly moving to Stevia and that settled it for me that I will only use Stevia from now own.

We watched a guy doing BPC and I was amazed at all the fat that he put in his coffee. He had a lot of clarified butter, coconut oil and HWC in it. I thought I had a lot of fat with just the coconut oil. He said a lot of people just use HWC in their coffee during their fasts. So I think in order to do the OMAD that I will go back to drinking my BPC 2 times a day. I think I will be okay since I think I know what was causing the potty issues. I usually just scoop up my pills and take a bunch of them at once. I remember thinking about taking a couple of DH Metformin and I saw one in my pills yesterday. I'm thinking that may have put it in my pills and been taking it not realizing it because when I did our pills last night, I didn't have any pills that looks like them in my pills. No wonder it was so bad since I was taking both metformin and berberine together.

Any way, I never thought of the coffee with the HWC as BPC because I always thought of coconut oil in it. I notice BS drinks a lot of coffee with cream and Stevia and she has no fat on her body. So I think I could do the 2 cups of BPC with coconut oil and then have other coffee with HWY as needed would be a great help to getting through long fasts. I haven't decided if I'm going to do the 20:4 ratio most of the time or just go with 23 hr OMAD but Dr. Berg says let your body tell you when it is hungry so I will use that guide line for now depending on the kind of busy day I am having.

My FBG was 132 this morning. I think that must be the crackers. I just don't think the full fat whole milk would do that, but I could be wrong. However, I checked it again and it was 141 so I think I missed my low and got a glucose liver dump and it was coming back up.

My weight was 209.8 so I've made it under the 210 mark which makes me very happy. I checked my bp and it was 90/69 at first, but did come back up within a few minutes.

We are going to see Daddy today so we can take his laptop back to him. DS had to have it cleaned up and since DH is assigned the job of taking care of it, he has used the last few days turning off things Daddy doesn't need and adding things he will use. DS has to set up his FB and email accounts back in so they will meet us there so DH can get him back online and DS can add those accounts back on there.

Daddy keeps complaining about things, but I think he is beginning to get tired and says he is so ready to go when it is his time to go which can't come fast enough for him. It is so difficult to watch, but I feel I have to be there for him. I told him I didn't want to let him go but I definitely understand. We went through this with DH Mother when she decided she wanted to go. Now it is my turn to do it with my Daddy. I told DS yesterday that others even our parents had to walk this walk and God got them through it and He will get us through it when it is time too.

Not sure what I will do today about eating. I usually get so drained when my bs goes so low when fasting. We probably won't eat until around 6 pm. We need to run by Sam's to get some tomatoes before we come home which will throw us late. Unless we get something to bring home, I plan to cook eggs for supper. But if I can drink the BPC 2 times today and can wait till we get home to eat, I will have a 20 to 21 hr fast. I am going to shoot for that today. BTW Dr. Berg said that when doing keto that you can eat 20 grams of carbs not counting your veggies. I believe I can do that. My whole milk is 11 or 12 carbs so that is part of that 20.

Everybody have a blessed Sunday.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #119  

Trish I think your fasting number should be lower doing OMAD. I don't understand. I realize that mine would be higher if I was not still taking some G. I just can't get completely free of it but I'm happy for the improvement.

Pipsicle running after a toddler is very good exercise! But even walking that long normally is great. We haven't been to the zoo in years. That is waaay too I much walking for me. I'm lucky I can shop Wal-Mart. LOL

I think once you get your changes in order you can concentrate more on getting the scale to move. You are being very patient. It will pay off.

Today is a hard day for me. I'm feeling temptation everywhere. Some days are worse than others. This morning we went out for breakfast. I ordered a small breakfast but there is something about breakfast out that sets off my appetite more than at home. I don't know why.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #120  

Pipsicle You must have been typing when I was this morning. Sounds like you have things in order and 2 hrs of walking at the zoo qualifies as exercise in my book as well.

Carol Sue Yesterday was not a OMAD for me. I had a snack later around 8:30 or so. I made the pepperoni cheese chips for my snack which I had never tried and I loved them. I might try making them at lunch to eat with my salad as a cracker since I need to get away from the grain crackers if I want to do a semi-keto to keep my carbs outside of veggies around 20 grams. I really would like to keep my whole milk if I possibly can.

I miss my breakfast but I usually find eating breakfast becomes a 2 meal and a snack day for me and I don't really want to do that if I can keep from it.
Closed Thread