Old 03-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/182/175

Height: 5'3

My blood sugar was 99 earlier and 107 later due to no dinner and pain level is very low with no pain meds. This makes me so happy. I had a small snack but I guess it was not enough to make a difference.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #62  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Still 150 today in spite of indulgence last night. I am eating today because I cannot bear to let food languish uneaten, and some of it can't be kept another day or be frozen. (great excuse eh?) Fortunately, its easy to stay LCHF with what I made, just have to be careful not to have too much protein.
Carol: good for you getting your exercise in. Hope you don't have to dig out too much after the "weather bomb" that is coming. It looks like it will just make rain here. There are one or two days coming up that we will hover around freezing, but otherwise we will be above freezing from here on. Makes me feel spring is truly here.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #63  

From what I've seen on the news we are only to get flurries. We will see.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #64  
Madeleine

we are getting rain, and because of the ice dams we are getting flooding in some of the town house basements here. Ours is fine, we are situated a bit higher than some.
I did not exercise today, still very tired and drained. I think it will be a long while before I drink much again. My bad, live and learn. I have probably had that much alcohol about 6 times in my life. So I am not worried that I have a problem that way. Over eating is usually my "drug" of choice. And last night I did not do that at least, and stayed low carb, other than the alcohol.

Will be working this weekend. I have been eating today, maybe will be fasting tomorrow though.

Carol: glad the weather isn't too much for you now. Trish, enjoy the good weather and get out and about.

Blessings friends
Old 03-15-2019, 10:13 AM   #65  
Madeleine

149 today and feeling somewhat better after a restless sleep. More rain, and warm (7 degrees about freezing!)
Will check in later, planning to fast today.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quick flyby. Nothing new going on here. Just working to stay OP. Although OP over did some of the food and weight and FBG up a little, but not too high. I think I miss my low with this time change. Headed out to beauty shop, see Daddy and then to the store. My usual Friday. Cod fish for dinner.

It is a beautiful day to be out today. Not too hot or cold.

Y'all have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #67  

Our weather was great yesterday. Long sleeves but no coat. Not quite as as warm today but chilly weather over the weekend. I'm ok with that as spring is near.

FBG was 136. Because I ate in the evening. I have to build up the nerve to get on the scale. Very small breakfast today and fish for dinner. DH wants to do the fire hall fish fry. SIL will be cooking the fish today since he's off work.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-15-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #68  
Madeleine

I am doing well with fasting today just drinking water now, had tea earlier. I am hoping I am in a downturn and will be able to get well under 150 before I leave a week from Sunday. Most of our old snow and ice is gone after the rain and warmer weather, but the temperature has dropped a bit, I think there will be black ice tonight.
Trish: you are doing so well staying on plan and seeing good results.
Carol: you are getting your groove back and doing well.
I am on call for the weekend again, so we will see how that plays out for me.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:03 AM   #69  
Madeleine

Is my scale stuck? 149 again today, although I fasted since Thursday night. Oh well. We will see how the week plays out. Today is an eating day. Fasting yesterday was no big deal. Some days i really struggle, but yesterday was no biggie, hardly felt hungry except a couple of points where a glass of water of cup of tea quelled the feeling completely and quickly.
I will make brunch when our friends come over this morning, then go to work for a while perhaps.
We got out last night for a prayer vigil. Otherwise a quiet weekend.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #70  

I will not even say how high my blood sugar spiked from my dinner last night. Very high carb. I was going to take an extra G but couldn't remember if I took it already so I just let it come down naturally. Naturally is better although it leaves blood sugar high for a longer time period. G brings it down but is just forcing into the cells so it isn't really down just in a different place. I know that the answer is not to allow it in the body in the first place. And I knew when I ate that food that it was a mistake. Bread. Noodles. Comfort food to the max. Today before breakfast I will force myself onto the scale and see how much damage I have done there and then get off the carb train that is taking me places I don't want to go.. Good intentions. My mother always said the road to h*'ll is paved with good intentions.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-16-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #71  
Madeleine

Carol: don't be too hard on yourself. Occasional meals like that are just as you said, comfort food. For whatever reason, assume you needed that.
Beating myself up over slips never got me eating better. I have found the results I get are better inspiration. You have done well with time restricted eating, and its ok to have some carbs with that too. Drink lots of water today, I find that helps get the glucose out.

I am eating today, figuring out what to do with leftover roast beef. I was thinking taco seasoning and making "loaded nachos" with it. That's higher carb too. But gluten free.
YAY
Old 03-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #72  

I didn't feel I was beating myself up but just stating the facts. After what I went through lately it was as if I don't care. My thinking should not be that they fixed my problem so I can do what I want. I should be working toward preventing a repeat performance. The same artery blocking up twice in less than a year. Its about way more than weight for me. I need to wake up.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #73  

I went to bed at 10 and got up at 8:30. I did get up once for the bathroom but went right back to sleep. Blood sugar is 97 and I'm going to work at keeping it down. Pain level is low and I'm really starting to connect it to blood sugar. I think it is going to be a very good day and I hope it is for all of you.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #74  
Madeleine

Happy Sunday Friends:
still (barely) under 150 after (over) eating yesterday. I stuck to LCHF but ate too much and too long. As i was putting the chilli away I had a few spoonsful at 10 pm! oops, thats a no no. Mild gassiness (I rinsed the beans a LOT) so not a FOCMAP issue for me to eat beans these days. Even a good sized serving, as I had 2 bowls!.
Will also eat today as DD comes tonight. I is also the anniversary of my mother passing away. I have mostly good memories of her these days, not like the first while when the years of dementia overshadowed all the good things. Seeing those lovely home movies of Dad's really helped. Remembering how pretty she was, her smile and style, how she was with us, was a real boost. I only wish we had watched them with Dad.
I think I am the only one in the family who would want "Jigg's Supper" of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes" so I will not try to convince anyone. The might be interested in "irish stew" or something.

Pipsicle, hope we get to hear from you today, as you often post Sundays. Hope this week has not been a struggle.
Hello to Trish and Carol, and all the lurkers.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #75  

I followed through today on yesterday's promise to get on the scale. It wasn't pretty. I am up 5 lbs to 184, due to my recent succession of up days and not weighing. I can't call 5 lbs a bounce. It's a gain, pure and simple. So working toward getting that back down and continuing lower.

Trish and Pipsicle, I hope things are well with you and your families.

Mad, you are doing a great job of maintaining your weight loss, even though I know you would like to see it go down more. It will, in time. Having a day of eating more is not a problem as you are eating more of foods that are within your plans perimeter.

I'm glad you enjoyed remembering your parents.

Happy St Patrick's Day to those who are Irish and also those who are not but celebrate the day, anyway.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.