Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 PM   #481  

hello!

Wednesday already....the week is just flying! Food was all right....I should get back to journalling, so I would know exactly. It has been birthday treat week at work.......I had a small piece of apple bread yesterday, but passed on the chocolate cake and cupcakes today. Breakfast was cereal & milk.....lunch was a taco salad & diet coke.....dinner was chili....all in all, not too bad, but then came the hot fudge sundae, as requested by DH (*sigh* and I do make the best hot fudge sauce around too)

Joy....I hear you on the eating binges and bad food choices. It happens to all of us.....I go along just fine, doing well and proud of myself and then a peanut butter cup jumps out of the grocery checkout aisle and I have to eat it on the way home to destroy the evidence.

Julie....Wow! What an improvement.......calories are down and you are positively glistening with workout sweat! Great job!

Betani.....Glad all your test results came back good.....whew! My work partner had bronchitis and coughed for nearly a month.....doctor said it was viral and they couldn't do anything about it. Thankfully, she is over that too......just a matter of wearing it out. Sounds like you have your hands full at work.......they couldn't hire you a temp or a desparate-for-money student to help you out? Hang in there, chickie.....and pray for your work partner's return to good health.

TBJ....three days! three days! three days! And off to paradise.....you are going to keep in touch with us, right? we will give you a day or so to unpack your ditty bag and then we better hear from you.......we need your support!

I have found a lot of good internet sites with weight loss info for our November challenge....hopefully, I can turn this stuff into something reasonably inspiring and motivational. (did I tell you I haven't done this before?......just a little nervous here, as you all seem to be pinning such high hopes on a new challenge) Not to worry.....inexperience never stopped me from doing anything
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #482  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

Sorry I've been absent--there was this whole thing with the power being off and being trapped in my house for 2 days, now being back at work and having a billion things to do. We made it out of our driveway (finally), the power is back on (although a big gust of wind causes it to flash and shuts everything off), and I am in the office and writing my chickies.

Unfortunately, today is a day of meetings and other crap that really does nothing more for me than keep me from getting things done, and I'm really pressed for time at the moment.

But you will be glad to know that today I am back OP, I ordered Yourself! Fitness and can't wait to get it (should be here by Tuesday at the very latest), I'm doing some form of workout tonight (hopefully), and the house is stocked with healthy food. All that time trapped in the house gave us time to plan the menu and write out a list!

Anyway, I'll try to check back in later if I have a minute. If not, I'll catch up with you in the morning!

Have a good one, chickies!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #483  
Bound and Determined

Hey chicks!

Helloooo!!!!

Where is everyone?

Well, let's see. Not much going on with me. Yesterday was ok. Not fabulous, but better than the previous week or so. They bought us pizza for lunch, and I only had one slice. They were large slices, but I only had one. And then there was this candy bar incident. But the rest of the day was decent.

No exercise, because I was at the laundromat until almost 11pm. Since the power is still out here in a lot of places, there were a ton of people there.

Anyway, I've got some work to do. I hope some of you check in today! Have a good one, chickies, wherever you are!
~Elisha
Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 AM   #484  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Quick check in:

There's a going away party for a staff member today in about an hour. I'm having an apple and a bottle of water right now, so hopefully I won't go overboard at the party.

It's not easy getting back into the exercise habit. Only 3 days this week. I guess I can't expect to go whole hog after a week of not doing it at all.

For every box of books I complete at work, two more get delivered. I need my partner back!

Hope to be back later...
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #485  

Happy Friday!

Well.....I had started a post and then lost my mind and hit the back button and erased the whole thing......never said I was puter literate!

Elisha....Power outage? Trapped in house? Yikes, you sure know how to party! And then, you defy all the laws of nature and have only ONE piece of pizza? I stand in awe!

Betani.....good going on the pre-party healthy snack! It was just the thing to take the edge off your appetite and avoid unpleasantness in the buffet line.

TBJ.....Bon voyage! Have a wonderful trip and we will see you on the other side of November.

Julie....Hope you are doing better than me in handling having Halloween treats around the house! I am going to stuff the pockets of every trick or treater that comes into my vicinity, just to get rid of the stuff! What did your DD decide to be this Halloween? So far the grandkids checked in and I have 1 punk rocker and 1 scuba diver.

Joy....Hope you are having an awesome day!

My chocolate bingeing has reached epic proportions! The more I have, the more I want.....I may have to stop at the store and get another bag of candy, so I will have enough for Mom's trick or treaters tomorrow. This is downright embarrassing....I am totally out of control.......somebody get that tazer out and save me from myself!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #486  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Good News...

for Jennifer!!!!!!

Hey chickies...I heard from Jennifer (who's in Miami, btw) tonight! She's ok, but they have been without power since Monday when the back side of Wilma hit them hard! She said the eye of the hurricaine went over them and they went out to check things out when it went over and she said there was only minimal damange...and then...WHAM! The back side hit and all heck broke loose and things started swirling around their house. She said it ripped one of those enclosed porches off of a neighbor's house and it bounced on 4 cars on their street before it landed. Unfortunately, one of them was her husband's car! After the hurricaine passed, they went outside and surveyed the damage...she said they have a ton of trees down...palm trees cutting through buildings, etc. She is hoping they get power back soon...neighbors in patches apparently have power and she's getting tired of PB&J and luke warm water and no AC with 85degrees and very high humidity! They are going to try to find a generator somewhere North of where they live, but they did try earlier this week and there were none to be had! The house they are building in West Palm Beach was untouched but there is standing water and the porta potty blew over, so that was kind of "stinky"!

Anyway...she wanted everyone to know she is doing ok and hopefully she will be back on line soon! Maybe we could send some good vibes her way for power to be restored soon, not only for her but for everyone living down there!

OK...now to share with you about the last few days! Um, er... well, I didn't journal yesterday as I got home late and by the time I wanted to add up my calories, I was pretty sure I was well over 1500....and today... well we had Pizza Hut for supper...Nope! I didn't stop at one piece...or even two...I ended uphaving 4 small (but still) pieces of Hawaiian pizza. And then there was the burrito potluck today at lunch...oh yea...my idea! I did try to make it into a salad and opted for no wrap, but...still!!! Anyway...tomorrow I'll wake up again and start the day out better. I'm out of creamer for my coffee which is 90 calories for each cup I drink, so I guess I'll have some tea...and then I will have some SlimFast with protein powder and a healthy salad for lunch. I'm going to go through the recipes I have for something healthy for supper, too!

I'm thinking maybe my sister will be keeping our DD tomorrow night since we have my DN tonight! He's a great companion for DD as they are only 1 month apart in age and really play well together! I hope they will always stay close! Anyway...I'm rambling but was getting to a point! I'm hoping that DH will want to take me out tomorrow night if DD is gone (you know...like a real date! ) and I will order a salad or some chicken with veggies because that's what I really do like! I just hate cooking it when I'm the only one who will eat it!

I'm aslo planning towork out tomorrow morning. I planned to today but I went in to work earlier than planned. But...I did get 2 days of exercise in this week and tomorrow will be three! So, I am making progress this week, even though the pants aren't feeling looser yet! Maybe next week???

MsRD...You got that challenge ready yet? I'm confident that you will do just fine. Heck...I copied and pasted a lot of the one I did months ago! Tsk, tsk! Isn't that plagerism??? But the idea is to get us all motivated with the things we need to hear! Really...it doesn't matter...it's up to US to decide that we want to make the most of a challenge! So don't sweat it, chickie!

Betani...Your body needs you to goooo sloooow right now! Trust me! Hang in there chickie

Elisha...You guys really got hit hard first with the back side of the Hurricaine, then the Noreaster! WOW! I guess I had forgotten that's where you lived! Oh my...laundromat...haven't done that in years! Glad to hear you are still in one piece! Lots of trees down, I'm sure! Take care chickie!

Joy...You are here (somewhere) and that's important to all of us for support! Sometimes we all slide back, but that's what we are all here for...to support one another. We are here for ya chickie!

Alright...I started this thing hours ago...Hope you have a good weekend!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #487  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi all

So sorry for being AWOL. I have been reading posts to keep up, but I'm afraid I don't have much positive to share.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #488  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Well, despite my efforts yesterday, I still overdid it at the party, and on top of that, had pizza for dinner. To be honest, though, I don't feel that bad about it. Today is just a fresh start, and with a bowl of Kashi for breakfast so far, I think I'll do OK.

I should probably get some exercise in today, but I might just take an easy walk with hubby and do my stretching/relaxation DVD tonight. I guess I'm in the mood for a pampering day. I'll pretend I'm at my own mini health spa.

Joy-- Chin up, chickie! We're all thinking about you.

Hikein-- 90 cal creamer? Yikes! Yep, tea would be a good idea

MsRD-- I feel for ya! Chocolate is the most alluring of treats. Do your best to put it down and walk away!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #489  

Hello!

I just finished writing the opening challenge post.....don't know as I feel totally inspired by it, but then it is a start, a fresh start. And that is primarily what I need right now.....the chocolate nightmare continues, and I am to the point where I can't eat anymore. I have hit rock bottom, and this is a good thing. Tomorrow, I will weigh-in and that will shock me into positive action!

Julie....Thank you for the news on Jennifer. I was just thinking about her today, and will be sending positive vibes her way. Did you get DH to take you out on your date? This is the new millenium, chickie, so don't wait for him to make the first move.....surprise him and ask him out instead!

Joy....Not much positive to report, huh? Have you been reading my posts???? I don't think chocolate bingeing and not exercising qualify as positive reports either......come on in and vent and we'll paste each other back together again!

Betani.....I loved your 'today is a fresh start' attitude! No reason to dwell on mistakes we have made.....concentrate on each small step forward. And the pampering health spa day sounds good too.....I could stand a little of that!

I spent the afternoon with Mom at her assisted living home. They invited kids in the neighborhood to come in and trick or treat and had a 'spook house' for them too. The kids were just all so sweet (some of them a little overwhelmed by seeing so many Grandpas and Grandmas in one place, I think!).....and you should have seen the faces on the residents! They just lit up when those little goblins marched in! It was just a lovely afternoon for all.....Mom really enjoyed it too, but was glad to get back into her easy chair when it was all over.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #490  
Bound and Determined

Evening chickies! And happy weekend!

Gee, it seems all of us are having some bad food days right about now (and there's a pizza going around too, isn't there?).

But hear me on this: I am officially wiping the slate clean for all of us. AS OF THIS INSTANT WE ARE ALL OP!!!!! You got it, chicks? Every single one of us!

So before you take a drink of that regular soda or reach for a piece of chocolate or dump some sugar (or cream--that means YOU, Julie!) into your coffee or whatever it is, ask yourself these questions:
1. Is this on plan?
2. Am I going to feel guilty about this later?
3. Does this benefit my body?
4. Will this help me achieve my weight loss goals?
5. Am I physically hungry?
6. Is there something else I could be doing instead of eating (exercising, perhaps)?
7. What better choice can I make in this situation?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm feeling all motivated and ready to accomplish something right now, and I'm sure it shows. I just got my new Yourself! Fitness, completed the physical assessment, and did my first Meditation Garden (yoga) workout. I *love* it! I'm so excited! I can't wait to do my first real workout tomorrow!

Hmm... let's see... eating today and yesterday has been atrocious. I don't remember yesterday, except that we went out for Mexican for lunch, and steak and potatoes for dinner. Today... potato sandwich for breakfast (my favorite!), then lunch was snacking on mostly vegetables, corn chips, and LF onion dip, then a big family dinner of pork roast, scalloped potatoes, green beans, cottage cheese, and a big salad. Oh, and pumpkin cake for dessert, plus some strawberries and cool whip! Eesh! Lots of food today. We ate around 3:00 and I'm still full--it's almost 8:30! But what's done is done, and tomorrow is a new day. As of right now, I am completely and utterly OP. I exercised, I'm drinking water, and tomorrow I will workout again and reset my DietPower so I can return to logging my food (haven't done that in a while, hence the reset).

I'm going to try to cook a few things tomorrow to have on hand for the coming week. I don't really have much else to do, since Mom and I cleaned all morning in preparation for the family visit. I need to put my laundry away, which I may actually do tonight.

Whew... I'm rambling. Moving on...

MsRD: As for starting the new challenges... well, don't worry about what it says. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's great. When I set up challenges, I always just ramble for a while and hope people show up! The point is that the challenge has been set, the gauntlet thrown, and the line drawn. Now it is up to us to respond.
Oh, and though I only had one slice of pizza, I neglected to mention that the slices were huge. HUGE. So enough with the awe, it's completely unwarranted.
And PUT DOWN THAT CHOCOLATE!!! Remember, you are OP now, whether you like it or not.

Betani: Walks certainly count as exercise! And like I said, we're all OP now, right? Right. Personal pampering days are an absolute necessity, if you ask me.

Julie: It's certainly good to hear from Jennifer, and I'm glad to hear she's safe! I'm sending all the good vibes I can muster!
Did you get in your workout today? I sure hope so! I also hope you enjoyed your date.

Joy: Umm... which one of us hasn't gone through a "not having anything positive to share" period? You know as well as I do that coming here and posting anyway helps bring you back to where you know you should be, so GET YOUR BUTT BACK IN HERE AND POST, GOOD, BAD, AND UGLY!!!

OK, well, I think I've squeezed all the enthusiasm I can out of one post, so I think I'll go start cleaning my room. Have a wonderful night, chickies, and I'll most likely be in to report about tomorrow's workout right after I finish!
~Elisha

Last edited by miss_elisha; 10-29-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:19 PM   #491  
Bound and Determined

Happy Sunday, chicks! Did you all remember to set your clocks back? I did, but only after we woke up at what we thought was 6:30, and I couldn't go back to sleep! *sigh* I might take a nap, if I can.

As I predicted, here I am after completing my Yourself! Fitness workout. Whew! That computer chick is tough! But I did it, for the most part anyway. There was a section where I couldn't quite keep up, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Let's see, what else today? Food is so-so. Not calorically fabulous, but still acceptable. I'm still well within my calorie range for the day. Of course, I am hungry right now. And I'm supposed to take Steve some dinner after work (he's got band practice, and I'm going bowling--taking the brother again this week). I made some banana-chocolate marble bread, a recipe I got from my Cooking Light cookbook. And I substituted some Splenda for part of the sugar. I'm not sure I want to try it today though, as my tummy is being a little tumbly. Bleh.

Anyway, I don't really have much else to say today. I hope you're all having a nice weekend!
~Elisha
Old 10-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #492  

Hello!

This weekend is over already? I've been kinda tired this weekend.....and was I ever glad to get an extra hour due to the clock setback thingy. Kids and assorted kidlets were here for dinner today.....roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, salad and homemade blueberry muffins...everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Elisha.....Wow! you sure have got us all whipped into shape and back OP. There isn't much chocolate left, so i better save it in case we have a trick of treater tomorrow (honest!).

I weighed myself this morning.....up a pound, which is unbelievable when I think of everything I ate this past week! But I took it as a warning and did 30 minutes w/Leslie this evening....gotta get things turned around and ready for November!

not much else to report....got to get some laundry done tonight and tidy the kitchen a bit.....It's going to be a great week!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:55 PM   #493  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Sun PM check in

WOW...I'm wiped out tonight! Been working on calendars and newsletter for November for work all day today! It sucks the life out of me sometimes! Ihate doing work at home but my boss has been ok about it the last couple of times when I've complained that there really is no getting it done at work since I have no computer to work on!!!!! He tells me I'm getting a computer to use at work...some day! I won't hold my breath! <sigh>

OK...weekend sucked regarding food (Sister brought over some of her guacamole dip, gourmet veggie pizza, and other misc. assorted goodies leftover from a party she did, and I did eat!) but I did get in 25 minutes today on the bike which makes me feel much better. This weight is going to just C-R-E-E-P off, I can just tell. I will weigh in tomorrow and be happy with whatever the scale shows, but I'm afraid of what it shows. I can't beleive how much I've gained in the last couple of months. That's what sheer laziness will do to one's self! Aaaahhhhhh!

I didn't get the date with DH but we hung out at home last night with DH & Sis. DD & DN got to play all day and into the night! No injuries, either until the end of the night when they were tossing a coconut shell (don't ask) at each other and it hit DD in the face! She lived through it, however with only a few tears. DN felt as badly as DD, I think...tears and all! They are so sweet, those two!

Wonder how TBJ is doing??? She'd better check in soon! It's been a whole day that they've been in Paradise! LOL!

Tomorrow is a new day and Tuesday starts a new month (thankfully!) I'm ready! You all ready to start anew?

I'm falling asleep at the keyboard tonight, so better go. Will check in tomorrow!

Hugs...and Happy Halloween!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:05 AM   #494  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies! Happy Halloween!

Well, Monday morning here again! Nothing like a Monday to make a clean start!

Man, am I sore today! I don't know if it was the Yourself! Fitness (as it wasn't particularly muscle-heavy--it was mostly cardio), the bowling, or sleeping wrong, but my guess it was all three. I'm not feeling great today, but I guess I will deal with it. Food today will be good. I am determined to be completely OP today. I don't know what's for dinner, but I will make it fit. I am going to try a piece of my chocolate-banana bread though, but I will most likely have it at lunch, or a mid-morning snack, so as to keep my carbs early in the day. And I will do my Y!F workout this evening, and try to get to bed super early, as I'm still tired. I cannot seem to get enough sleep!

What else to report? Hmm... not much. I sucked at bowling last night. We still haven't heard back about our offer on the house. Honestly, if you're trying to sell a house, how long does it take you to decide if you want to sell it or not? Grrr... I'm so impatient. I want my house!

I did my official weigh and measure this morning--not pretty. 215.2. Ick. But that's over now, and tomorrow the scale will be down. 210 by Thanksgiving, or less. I can do it, I know I can!

Everyone back on track, you hear me?!

Julie: The scale is not our friend today, but we must have a starting point. How else are we going to know when we lose those 5 pounds? You're right--today is a new day, and tomorrow is a new month. Let's make it our best yet!

MsRD: WTG on walking with Leslie! We all need to get geared up and ready for the new month, and the new challenge. That's extra hour this weekend wasn't nearly enough for me, probably because I spent it awake rather than sleeping like I should have!

OK, that's it from me for now. Have a good day, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM   #495  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Aloha!!!

I am sitting in the living room of our vacation rental. It is early in the morning, and the cool breezes are wafting through the patio door, which looks out onto our lanai (deck).

Ah, it was good to get away! Now Hubby and I are setting up our new life. We arrived on Oahu Saturday night, rented a car, and drove to what will be our home for the next month. We're staying in a vacation apartment, that is located above the garage of a house. In Hawaii, property values are so high that many times people open part of their homes to renters, in order to help pay the mortgage.

The rental is one bedroom, a living room, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. We also have a lanai, a wooden deck, outside our living room. The place is small -- thank goodness I threw out all my size 14 clothing before we left. But it will be plenty large enough when Hubby goes back to the mainland for a while in a few weeks and I'm here by myself.

Our neighborhood is upscale. There is no way Hubby and I could afford to live here permanently, which is too bad. We're two blocks away from an ocean park, four blocks away from a grocery store, five blocks away from a health food store and a workout place that's a Curves knock-off, and six blocks away from a major shopping mall! At least the next four weeks will be convenient.

Yesterday Hubby and I started settling in. We went grocery shopping. I was scared of the grocery store!!! Everyone said food would be way expensive here. It is, but not too bad. Hubby and I were able to purchase about five days' worth of food for what we would have spent on seven back home. I was worried the prices would be worse than that, but fortunately they were not.

Then Hubby and I went to visit our dogs and cat. Our pets have to stay in quarantine until February. (!) Our dogs missed us so much. When I went into the husky's cage to visit her, she jumped all over my back while I was turned away to close the door hatch. Jumping was a bad habit that we were trying to break her of, but how could I scold her when we hadn't seen her for five days? Our sheepdog and cat were likewise happy to see us.

After visiting the animals, Hubby and I got lost-on-purpose around Honolulu. We drove for a few hours, just letting the sights and sounds sink in. We eventually went home and started plodding through apartment listings. Today we will start making veiwing appointments, and hopefully buy a car.

So that is the saga for now!

OK, here is my earth-shattering, radical, greuling, crash-diet eating plan: Starting tomorrow (YES I KNOW IT'S LAME TO SAY I'LL START TOMORROW, BUT TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I'M GOING TO FIND A NICE RESTAURANT AND EAT SOME DESSERT!!! )...

ahem...

Starting tomorrow, I will... drumroll please... this is radical... don't try to talk me out of it... limit myself to one serving of junk food per day. Exceptions will be once a month, on days like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Radical, I know. Still, for the past several weeks of counting calories, I also kept track of how much junk I was eating. I noticed that I almost never went into the "red" level when I only ate one serving of junk a day. So, for simplicity and long-term maintanence, this plan is my current healthy lifestyle change. I am going to weigh myself when I buy a scale, sometime around the middle of the month, and see if my new plan is working.

OK, you all prolly think I'm weird.

As for this past 12 week challenge, I'm conveniently without a scale at the moment, heh heh, so I don't know whether I reached my goal of 149. But I spent yesterday comfortably marauding in size 10 pants, and although I'm not a size 10 in everything, one of my goals for this challenge was to receive some size 10 clothing for my birthday. Well, my mom gave me two size 10 skirts and the aforementioned pair of pants, so I'm counting this challenge a success.

Looking forward to the new challenge!
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote