Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hello chickies....

Lost my post twice grrr .... here's looking at third time lucky.

Got up and did 2 miles with Leslie this morning. Standard day at work, although I DID (YAY ME) get out to walk twice. Calories less than 1800 (at this point) it's a green day.

Yesterday became a yellow day after I had some late night cheese and crackers and a granola bar. OOPS... better to go to bed when I'm tired.

Made some borcht after dinner tonight, I'm looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow.

Quote:

THE BIG FINISH WEEKLY EXERCISE MINUTES MINI-CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER 3-9.

Joy - 60/315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 15/180
Elisah - 225
GROUP TOTALS: 75/870
Julie - Thanks for the gentle reminder that we need to be thankful and greatful for what who we are and what we have and realize that we are truly blessed. Being in a positive frame of mind does promote positive results. I know Oprah has a gratitude entry in her journal every day.

I know we've kind of strayed away from the habit formers portion / discovery health program, but with that as a focus, maybe we should contemplate any change in habits that we have established, and acknowledge them in the next few weeks, and make attainable goals for establishing those we (as individuals) haven't gotten to yet.

Betani, you take care of yourself and get well girl. Don't you feel guilty about taking your vacation, you deserve it. If your company needs someone there to take over duties, it is their responsibility to make sure it happens.

Things I am grateful for
  1. the ability live my chosen lifestyle
  2. my DH
  3. ALL my people

Good night... and God Bless.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:03 AM   #407  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Morning Chickies,
Yesterday, I weighed myself...I'm down another 1/2 pound, so that makes one whole pound in 2 weeks! I am glad to see the scale go DOWN finally! It's going to be slow at this rate, but I can manage that! I'm grateful for the ability to make changes in my lifestyle!
Food was pretty decent yesterday except that I went out for lunch. I chose an Alfredo Quesadilla. It had spinach and chicken in it and probably too many fat calories, but it was good! Supper was Raviolli (a few small pieces) in Prego Sauce (good stuff!) and a salad. Breakfast was Slimfast with protein powder and I had no snacks yesterday!

I woke up exactly at 6am this morning (my body clock!) with a doozy of a headache, so I went back to bed and woke up after 7. I feel much better, but my headache is still lingering. Gonna have some coffee and hope it will be gone by the time I get to work. Have a busy day planned! I'm thankful I'm able to do my job!
My exercise plan has gone down the tubes! Last night I just wanted to "go away" for a while on the motorcycle, so I asked DH if we could go for a ride. He had to do some "schedule" managing for the rest of the week, but he accomodated me! I'm so thankful for the things he does for me!

DD asked me why she couldn't go with us. Not only is there only room for 2, but it's kind of difficult to explain to a 6 year old that I need a break from her...and life. So I just told her that sometimes Mommy just needs time to be only with Daddy! She was ok with that! I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful little girl in my life!

Joy...yes! One of the things that I know has changed in my life with this challenge (and the many before this) is that I am more conscious about the choices I make with food and with grocery shopping. I tend to go with more "natural" foods and try to avoid the "whites"! I am much more aware of exercising and HOW to exercise and how to listen to my body! Of course, my body lately has been telling me that I don't need to do it at all!! I think the thing I need to work on most is staying away from "trigger" foods that will set me back into bad eating habits! Sugar is the biggest offender and if could just stay away from it, I'd do much better!

OK...gotta fly! Glad you all like the "grateful" lists...and yes, I did steal the idea from Oprah a long time ago!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #408  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

OK, good things to report today!
1. Grandma's surgery went well, the growths are out and they were benign, so everything is good there. She's in the hospital for a couple more days, and in the meantime I get to wear about 4 carats of her jewelery.
2. Food has been ok the past few days, Monday around 1285 calories, and yesterday around 1100 (breakfast and lunch were 1 meal--a chicken salad!), although I did not get enough water yesterday.
3. I exercised on Monday for 55 minutes, 45 on the stairclimber and 10 minutes of free weights. No exercise yesterday, but I am still ok.
4. The scale is down again this morning, 2 days in a row. 212.6 today, 213.0 yesterday. Of course, it's not official until Monday, but I could lose another pound or so by then.
5. I'm holding to the Dr. Phil plan, not exactly, but following the general guidelines, and it's working. Lunch is OP today, went a little over on breakfast, but that's ok, and I'm almost out of fruit, but I'll stop at the grocery store today or tomorrow.
6. Saw more houses, we're getting it narrowed down. There's one more we want to look at, hopefully we'll get in to see it tonight. We should be making an offer on one before the week is out.

Lunch today is a Lean Cuisine garlic beef and broccoli. I really wanted the cheesy potatoes and broccoli, but they didn't have them at the store. *sigh* Oh well. The Dr. Phil diet goes easy on the carbs anyway, though there are some.

What else? I have about a billion emails to read since I didn't work yesterday. I'll be back to comment this afternoon. Have a good day, chicks!

Things I am thankful for:
Grandma is ok
Steve
My job
3FC and all my chicks

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #409  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

FYI: Prednisone is the foulest tasting medicine I've ever taken. Thankfully I only have to take it 4 more days.

Calories were a little higher than I wanted them yesterday. About 1700, and I try to keep it around 1400. It didn't help that I got up in the middle of the night and had some Wheat Thins since I was out of rice cakes.

I've been up since 1:30am. I had a coughing attack which woke me up, and I never got back to sleep. I dozed a little bit, but never more than 20 minutes at a time. As a result, I was too brain-dead to exercise this morning. If my second wind kicks in, I'll try to get in a walk at lunch time.

3 things I'm thankful for today:

1. My gramma's relatively good health
2. Recognizing subtle signs from God about not buying any more beads for a while
3. Dust masks

Elisha-- I'm glad your Grandma's surgery went well. Great job with the food and exercise!

Hikein-- Headache's can really deflate your motivation to exercise! You'll get there, though. You have the sweetest family!

Joy-- I think I have formed habits during all this, just not the ones I set out to form. I'm doing really good with recording my calories, even if I can't maintain a desired range yet. I've been able to keep my weigh-in day and time consistant, if not the loss rate . Plus, I've gotten much better about cooking dinner myself instead of going out or getting take-out. I'm far better at exercising now, even though I can't keep it up every single day.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #410  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone --

Well, my eating has been horrible, and my exercise is floundering, and I'm scared to weigh-in this week. But the rest of life has been good. I got a part-time job to pass the time and earn some extra money. Only one more month before Hubby and I move. Actually, only 23 more days... wow... *jaw drops*

Lots to do. I have to fill out my bar application, b/c I want that particularly nasty task completed before we move. I should start that today. The main hurdle is that the app needs to be typed, and I am not good at typing with a typewriter. Hubby and I contacted a travel agent to arrange flights and temporary housing. Once we have a flight, housing, and the bar app done, I'll feel like we're ready to go. Packing will be no biggie -- we are letting go of all our junk, including most of our furniture, and just keeping our special knick-knacks (SP?). In fact, Hubby was trying to pack last night, and we actually ran out of things to pack, that we won't be using for the next three weeks.

Well, I read through the three pages of posts that accumulated while I was, ahem, failing miserably at my diet. I actually had to make little notes in Notepad about on what page people had last posted.

Elisha -- How exciting, to be ready to make an offer on a house. I know you've been waiting and waiting. Hope it works out for you. Also, interesting new eating plan you have. Hope that works, too. The LC cheesy potato and broccoli is really yummy... I had one for the first time last week.

Julie --
Quote:
Human nature is to want more, which is what motivates you to keep trying, but when you only focus on more, more, more, you lose sight of the gifts in the present. Your focus is on what you don't have and you do not experience the fullness of what you do have.
Heh heh, I was listening to Dar Williams, and at the exact moment I read your post, these are the lyrics that were playing:

Quote:
When you question what your desire is for
When you don't just figure that you just want more
Meaningful coincidence, that...

MsRD -- Thanks for all your words of encouragement. You have a good attitude about getting over failure and doing well in the present. Why is it so hard to do in reality? BLARGH. We can do it together.

Betani 27 -- Yum, yum, YUM does that alfredo quesadilla sound good. Hmm, trigger foods, that sounds like a good theory. If I eat potato chips, all of a sudden I want chocolate. Hmm. Any idea about how to deal with trigger foods without giving up on them completely? Motorcycle ride -- that is fun! So freeing.

Joy -- I hope the red/yellow/green system works for you. You seem to be doing well so far. And AMEN to what you said to Betani about work.

Quote:
Maybe we should contemplate any change in habits that we have established, and acknowledge them in the next few weeks, and make attainable goals for establishing those we (as individuals) haven't gotten to yet
OK, how about this: my habit is the simplest one, yet it seems to be the hardest -- consistently controlling the amount of food that I eat. Having read posts that cover the span of many days, I see a pattern that nearly all of us have. We all do well for a few days, then we all do poorly for a few days, then we all come here, get inspired by all of the awesome ladies with positive attitudes , then do well for a few days, then y'all know what comes next. I don't mean to imply that we are all bad in some way, just that this pattern seems to occur for all of us. So my measly goal is to break the pattern.

Three thanks:
1. Yummy coa-coa.
2. Cute and loving pets.
3. Awesome Hubby of happiness and joy.

Hey, remember the last time I was PMS'ing and wondering whether that was a pattern? I did the same thing this month. Guess it is a pattern. Oh well, live and learn.

I have a favor to ask of you. I need peer pressure to weigh in on Friday, and nasty threats about what will happen if I don't. Because I know I've messed up for a long time now, and it's going to show on the scale. But if I'm really going to build the habit of being consistent, I need to be real.

Happy Wednesday!

Last edited by TBJ333; 10-05-2005 at 12:08 PM.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #411  

Evening all!

I did 30 minutes w/Leslie last night AND tonight too......so my exercise minutes now stand at 75/180. I feels so good to *do* something positive! Next goal will be getting the eating plan back on track.....made all the more challenging by DH, who brought home a dozen of the biggest, most beautiful donuts & rolls tonight. (A DOZEN? There are only 2 of us here! Aughhhhh!)

Joy....Thank you for the encouraging words. You have been doing a great job with the walking and keeping those calories in the 'green' area! This last week is going to be the best!

Julie.....Your daily gratitude post really helps to put things back into perspective. There are so many things in my life to be thankful for.....and I think it is equally important to tell people how much they are appreciated. Tomorrow, I start making a conscious effort to make positive comments to those around me.

Betani.....Take a vacation, chickie! You need a break, both mentally and physically.....and you will come back refreshed and ready to tackle the work. A little rest may be all you need to get beyond this cough/allergy/reflux thing.

Elisha.....So glad to hear your Grandma is doing well after surgery. Go ahead and spoil her a little during her recuperation.....she deserves it. And look at you......instead of stressing about the things in your life, you are exercising and eating well! Good job!

TBJ......How wonderful to see your post again.......I missed you! You have, yet again, analyzed the situation perfectly.....we have to break this ridiculous pattern, make this program a lifetime project, and stop thinking of dieting as a short term fix. As far as your weigh-in goes.....well, I kinda think differently than most. Weigh if you must to give yourself a 'starting number'.....or don't weigh in Friday and wait until your program is underway and you start seeing success in your energy level and the way your clothes fit better!

There is still a little time left before bed, so I am off to use it wisely!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #412  

Hi Everyone
Julie Down a pound in a week ... that's good news. Hope your headache is gone so you feel up to returning to your morning exercise schedule. Getting away for a ride on the motorcycle with DH sounds like a real good way to release your tension and feel free. Ready to face the next day's rewards and challenges...you bet you are.
Elisha Glad to hear all is well with Grandma. How long will you be "glittering around" in your carats? Can you tell us about the house you're looking at, or is it bad luck Glad to hear the exercise and diet are going well. Down two days in a row, you GO girl.
BetaniIt's great to reflect on the positive habits that you have developed. I'm so proud of you. I'm going to try to focus on communicating to people how thankful I am for their help and how much I appreciate them, too. NOW... you get to bed girl and get some rest so you can get better... YOU HEAR ME!
TBJ Great to hear from you. And yes... the green, yellow & red system seems to work for me. I think it is more positive than having "BAD" or "GOOD" days. They are what they are. I'm with MsRD on the weigh in issue. I think it's just as, if not more, important to just get back into those healthy habits. Weigh in if you must, but remember it's just a number and doesn't define who you are, or what you need to do for yourself. ... I remember commending Elisha... for picking herself up, dusting hereself off, and getting back in the saddle. You can do it TOO.... (even if you don't have a new horse ) You sure are right on with your observations, YUP. I'm on track for a few days, then lose it... then back on .... I sure need to work on consistency too.
MsRD My DH tries to spoil me with donuts and such too. I try to eat just one. I guess old habits die hard with them too. Now they have to think of new ways to "treat" us. Good going with the exercise 2 days in a row. I was up with Leslie yesterday... maybe - okay I WILL - get up and do the 2 mile express tomorrow morning.
Quote:

FOR OCTOBER 3-9.

Joy - 90/315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 75/180
Elisah - 55/225
GROUP TOTALS: 220/870
Got up at 5am this morning, but did not exercise. I did do some tidying, etc. I picked up 2 jugs of water from the grocery store before work to kill some time. I was going to walk... but it's so dark in the mornings now.... and I don't want to walk alone. A friend is coming back to my workplace and will join me for 7am walks. Having a walking partner will be great. Managed to get in 2, 15 minutes walks today during my breaks.

First night back to hockey, the game is on TV and my team is home ....... GO Canucks GO.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #413  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Sorry I didn't make it back to comment yesterday! We got busy, and today is busy too, so this will be a quickie post!

I did good yesterday. Water was good, calories were at 1197, and I did 33 minutes of WATP (not quite what I was aiming for, but I was tired and hungry and it was late by the time I started, wanted to get to bed at a reasonable hour). The scale says 211.4 this morning. It may not be "official," but I just can't get away from that habit.

Grandma's doing good. I took her some LifeSavers for her dry mouth and some lipstick so she can feel girly. She's a little bloated and swollen still, so we've still got her jewelry, but we'll probably have to fork it over tonight or tomorrow.

Steve is putting in an offer on the house today. I'll tell you about it when I get some more time!

Right now I've gotta get to work! Have a good day, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 10-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #414  
Bound and Determined

Heeelllllooooooooo?!?

Where is everyone?

Come on, chicks, we're almost done! Don't let your enthusiasm flag now!

Well, anyway, moving on...

Yesterday was an ok day for me. Water was good, no exercise, calories came in around 1380, which was good because I had it planned that way. However, I learned a lesson: if I let myself eat a little more or something a little more off-plan one day, I will want to take it even further the next day. This morning for breakfast I was wanting all sorts of bad-for-me food. I ended up with FF vanilla creamer in my coffee (been drinking skim milk w/coffee), sourdough toast, a fried egg, and a hashbrown (frozen and pan-fried with only cooking spray). Lunch today is a frozen dinner, snacks are an apple, a kiwi, and some string cheese (though I may eat the kiwi or the apple with lunch), and I don't know about dinner yet. A salad will be in there somewhere, or some sort of veggie. Perhaps the sautéed spinach I didn't get around to yesterday.

The scale said 211.2 this morning, which surprised me. I expected to be back over 212 this morning due to the extra calories yesterday and the salt (Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich for dinner and popcorn with parmesan cheese yesterday evening). But I was pleasantly surprised. Now if I can just do well over the weekend, I'll have an excellent "official" weigh-in on Monday. I can and I will.

Grandma is getting released from the hospital today, and Mom is going to stay with her for the weekend. I'll go down either tomorrow or Sunday. I don't really want to. It's raining and icky here, and I hate driving in the rain, especially on the interstate. And I really don't feel like doing much of anything this weekend. I have a bunch of laundry to put away still from last weekend, and I need to get my bedroom cleaned up.
And I need to exercise! I will, no doubt.

Anyway, work to do, work to do. Have a great weekend, chickies, wherever you are.
~Elisha
Old 10-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #415  

Hi

Sorry I've been AWOL the past couple of days .... guess I've been trying to prove TBJ's theory is right.... by having a yellow day, followed by a red day. That's okay I guess... because here I am back on track today.

Quote:
FOR OCTOBER 3-9.
Joy - 105/315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 75/180
Elisah - 88/225
GROUP TOTALS: 268/870
Elisha How did the offer on the house go? Glad to hear Grandma's going home and her results were positive. After reading your post yesterday I realized that I did the same as you do.... progressively eating worse. I'm thinking....we can plan to [b]RENEW our commitment to ourselves[b] after each unhealthy choice to break this habit.... easier said than done tho... Keep up the good work and YOU WILL see the positive results on your "official" weigh in on Monday.

The scale has been hovering between 230-235 for this entire challenge. I'm afraid I may be stuck here forever. I KNOW that I do have to change some things so I can see positive results. I'm not saying I'm stuck at a plateau.... I'm just not following up with my plans for success. I don't know - maybe my plans are too GRAND and I need to step back to baby steps and make small habits gained "REAL" before going on to others. I think I set myself up for failure by over committing and then not being able to see success. For example, exercise commitment - who was I fooling when I thought that I would be able to fit in 45 minutes of exercise every day for seven days?

Some positive things I have done this past week. I logged my food intake everyday at FITDAY. I have had 5 green days, 1 yellow day and 1 red day. Five of the seven days I "journalled" at Fitday. I've been doing well on my water intake - but have not been recording it ... there really isn't a place on fitday. I KNOW I have been over 60 oz everyday. I have made a commitment to walk during my breaks at work and out of a possible 10 - I walked 7 times.

The weekend is here and Monday is Thanksgiving. I am going to try to do my best to have green days on Saturday and Sunday. Mom is making dinner on Monday so I know I probably will be having a yellow or red day. My plan is to eat light Saturday, Sunday and Monday (breakfast & lunch) and try to watch my portion size at dinner and focus on enjoying those things that are served that are "special" and forego everyday things. And yes, I will be having a small piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Well ... I'm off to get my Saturday "home blessing' done. Do some painting and then enjoy the rest of my "day to myself".

Hugs to everyone Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of us Canucks, as Julie points out ... we ALL can be thankful everyday - it's not just a one day a year thing for me. And I am very thankful to all of you for your kind words, support and being there for me.

Last edited by JoyG56; 10-08-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #416  

Happy Saturday!

DH and I spent the morning cutting trees for winter firewood. We do this every year.....there are dead trees (mostly elm) in our backlot, so they are perfect for firewood. We cut the trees down and drag them out to the front field with the pickup or tractor and the kids will do the rest of the cutting there in a week or two. It was a perfect cool day for heavy work.

Joy.....Happy Thanksgiving! Are you having family in? What is the menu? It sounds like you have a good plan to get thru the day.....and I wouldn't pass up a sliver of pumpkin pie either! I am glad you found a walking partner.......it makes the time pass more pleasantly, and it safer then going alone.

Elisha.....I know what you mean when you say that one little slip and the whole plan unravels in a few days. Sugar is generally what drags me down.......just one cookie or pastry and pretty soon I can't stop! So glad your Grandma is back home. Tell us about the house....did they accept the offer?

TBJ.....You got that bar application thingy done? Get out that old typewriter and have at it....you have come too far to let a little paperwork slow you down! (And when you are typing, you can't be eating, so it all fits into the plan! )

Betani.....hope you are feeling better!

Julie....are you out enjoying this cool autumn weather? It is time for a trek to the orchards for some apples and pumpkins! I picked up some apple cider this week.....wow, was that ever good!

I got in another 30 minutes w/Leslie yesterday......the totals are now 105/180. Between today and tomorrow, maybe I will come *close* to my goal!
Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #417  

Good morning!

Going to be a quickie post......kidlets will be here for dinner and there is still stuff to do! I didn't get in any 'intentional' exercise yesterday, save for the wood cutting experience.....that probably counts for something, though I don't know how I would figure it in.

Joy....did I miss something? It seems like there were a few more weeks in this program, so could you please post the focus for this next week? It gives me something to think about....maybe it will get me kickstarted again.

I got on the scale this morning.....to find I was back up again. I think I have lost and gained these same 3 pounds at least 100 times! I just don't seem to be 'getting' the program.....oh, I know what to do as far as food and exercise and water are concerned, but can't seem to maintain any level of committment. Maybe I just spend too much time looking for the 'magic' solution.....and not enough time applying the concepts? At any rate, I am too stubborn to be discouraged and tomorrow starts another week.....
Old 10-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #418  
I like jewelry.

Yo!

Heh, heh, all you ladies are WONDERFUL with your positive attitudes.

MsRD --
Quote:
And when you are typing, you can't be eating, so it all fits into the plan!
!!! And thanks to you (and Joy) for giving me permission not to weigh in on Friday. Because I didn't. Seriously, you ladies made good points about not letting the scale determine our feelings about ourselves. Mmm... cutting wood brings back memories of northern Wisconsin. When I was growing up, my dad and I would go and cut wood. Crisp fall days are the best -- doing some outdoor labor, communing with nature ("Die, tree, die!"). Sounds like you had a good day.

Joy -- You CAN make that scale budge. Kicking it helps. In the long run, you will accomplish your goal... now with your new system, you can tell when you are being consistent and when you're not. That tool will help you. You already have the strength of will to succeed. You can do it.

Elisha -- Good job with reigning in the calories. Happy to hear G-ma is doing well. How sweet of you to bring her some lipstick. I bet that gesture made her day.

Quote:
I learned a lesson: if I let myself eat a little more or something a little more off-plan one day, I will want to take it even further the next day.
Blargh, you are so right. I have the past two weeks to prove it.

And let us know about the house...

OK, ladies, let me introduce you all to someone new:

This lovely woman is Beatrice the Bouncing Banana. She is here to motivate us and bounce us out of our respective slumps. Beatrice has a goal for us. Actually, it's top secret:

Your mission, should you choose to highlight and read and accept it, is

on Tuesday (so that everyone will most likely have read this post by then), you will have 24 hours of an on-program day, whatever "on program" means to you.

So there. We're Chicks Up for a Challenge, and we aren't going to let Beatrice down, are we?

As for me, yesterday was better. Today will be great.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #419  

Hi

HMM .... yesterday and today were kinda yellowish-red (a guestimate or course as I didn't track). Yesterday I spend the entire day - just about - cleaning the house - no intentional exercise tho. Food wasn't great - snacked on some nacho's in the afternoon and made curried pork chow mein for dinner. DH brought home some delicious carrot muffins - I had two. Today we took the dogs for a fairly long walk - about an hour then went out for lunch at the pub - a reuben sandwich & fries (only ate 1/2 of them) and a Coors light. Had left over chow mein for dinner.

MsRD As requested ..... Here's the tips for WEEK 11

Yes everybody.... two more weeks left to make a BIG FINISH ( or start to the rest of your life)

1) Take a moment and appreciate your efforts. Hey, it's your 11th week on the National Body Challenge. Look back to your start date and realize how far you've come. If you were keeping your journals, look back right now and read your first words as you embraced this challenge.
2) Appreciate every triumph, especially the small ones. Brick houses are made one brick at a time; the same applies to your health. I bet you're pretty amazed that small changes (i.e., finally sitting down and having a breakfast every morning) can make such a major difference in your life. It's usually not the huge changes that count. It's the mountains of little ones that change your life forever.

3) Look at your body differently now. By gradually increasing your physical fitness, you can now walk at a brisker pace, bike and hike without so many aches and pains, keep up with the kids, climb those stairs more easily, and hoist that luggage into the rack on the plane. You're functioning at a higher level and enjoying life more.

4) You realize the power of the mind-body connection. Yep, when your mind is doing well, so is your body and vice versa. After that daily walk, don't you feel more calm, yet energized? You can think more clearly and make better decisions. You're kinder to others, as well as to yourself.

5) You're beginning to challenge yourself physically. You're discovering your inner athlete. Everyone's got some athletic potential. The Body Challenge was about discovering and optimizing that ability. Aren't you amazed at your increased strength and endurance?

6) Plan a real physical challenge. That's right. Sign up for your first 5K walk or run and enjoy every moment of it. If you're planning a vacation, why not include a nice physical challenge like hiking, biking or long walks of sightseeing?

7) Celebrate with a new look. If you've hung in there, you might want to reward yourself with a new look. Try on new clothes and experiment with colors and fashions. What the heck, it's a sign that you've changed and are finally rewarding yourself with something that's not food!

8) Get some body work. It's great to get further connected with your hard-working body by treating it to a massage or related treatment. Go to a day spa and schedule a sports or aromatherapy massage. Then ask in the wonderful relaxation of this reward.

9) Try a new sport. Tired of the same routine after 11 weeks? Use that newly trained body of yours to explore new ways to stay in shape. If you're a walker, hop on a bike and try it out. Join a walking, hiking or biking club and meet new friends. What a great win-win!

10) Incorporate more of your new physical fitness into your daily life. Why not take those stairs at work, or get up and walk around during work hours? How about forming a walking group at work so you and your co-workers can help keep each other on track?

Quote:

FOR OCTOBER 3-9.

Joy - 165/315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 105/180
Elisah - 88/225
GROUP TOTAL: 358/870
TBJ Thanks for introducing me to Beatrice the Bouncing Banana. I have every confidence that she will help me out my slump. I will not let her down. I did think, for a moment that my mission had self destructed before I had a chance to accept it ... after much soul searching I did in the end, however, realize that it must have been written in invisible ink...

I WILL accept my mission.
I AM up to this challenge.
I CAN do it.

Quote:

FOR OCTOBER 10-16th

Joy - 315 I know I said this was unrealistic - BUT - I am off on vacation next week and I am going to be having some TIME on my hands I WILL walk the dogs every morning.... they will be SO HAPPY.
Julie - ???
MsRD - ????
Elisah - ????
Anyone else ????
GROUP TOTAL: the sky is the limit with Bernice behind us
Hugs everyone ... talk to you SOON ... please check in
Old 10-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #420  
I like jewelry.

G'morning!

Joy, thanks for posting the focus. I'll respond later.

Just checking in to say yesterday was a green day.