Old 10-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #436  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

MsRD -- Yes, I'm moving to an entirely new area of the country, so I'm excited to change my diet. I grew up in WI, which I swear has some statute requiring two servings of dairy at every meal. I once ate a lunch that consisted of a grilled cheese sandwich, cheese curds, and cheesecake for dessert. When I moved out east for college, I ate far less high-fat dairy, and my body worked better. Now, since moving back to the midwest, I've gone all cheesey again. Hopefully moving out of the midwest will help me balance my diet with less dairy and more produce.

Wow, you do have busy errands to run. Hope they go well for you.

Elisha -- Wow, with your vigilence, weight won't sneak up on you... imagine little pounds walking around in black catsuits and wearing robber masks. The pounds attache little ropes to the ceiling, and then try to rappel down to your body and stick themselves to you. But no! Your constant awareness has thwarted them! They can never stay on you for long! You whip out your trusty scale and start bopping the pounds on the head. Soon, they lose courage and slink away into the darkness, never to be gained again.

TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #437  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

TBJ--That "little pounds walking around in black catsuits and wearing robber masks" has me laughing so hard! Everyone is going to wonder what's so funny! How am I going to explain that?!?

I didn't imagine bopping them on the head, though. I imagined my body as some sort of guarded fortress (picture the fortress at Helm's Deep from LotR's Two Towers) and little orcs/pounds were throwing those grappling hook thingies over the walls, but then an alarm system starts blaring and red lights start flashing and lasers are zapping the little buggers! Hehe... I guess that is my mental version of our tazer.

Then again, when I think of the tazer, I always get the mental image of R2D2 zapping the Ewok in Return of the Jedi. Hehe... Little hopping Ewok butt.

Oh goodness, I'm corny today... I'd better stop.
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 PM   #438  

hello!

I hit the ground running at 5:30am...off to work, appointments, shopping, visit Mom, groceries....and got home at 8pm. Then, 2 loads of laundry, clean the bathrooms, and write a letter to an old friend of Mom's.....and we are coming up on 10pm, and I am bone tired. I know I should be exercising, but there just isn't any strength left!
I don't even have enough mental acuity to comment.....you chickies just keep on keeping on and I will catch up with you tomorrow!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #439  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Yesterday went ok. The diet did not go exactly as planned though. Apparently yesterday was my boss's 50th birthday, so there was cake involved. I had a piece, but I skipped my afternoon snack. And dinner... too much spaghetti, and breadsticks instead of vegetables!

*sigh*

But I am down slightly this morning, and that is what I was aiming for. 212.2 today. I will be back in the 211's tomorrow. And the day after that. Then by Monday I'll be in the 210's so that I can say I lost weight this weekend. Anything below 211.2 counts as a loss, but I'm hoping for a difference of at least 0.4!

What's going on today? Steve and I talked about it, and we think we're still going to buy a house in the next town, for a few reasons.
#1 I want to be a stay-at-home-mom when I have kids in a couple of years. Better to find something that fits into our future budget as well as our current one.
#2 I want to be able to form the house into what I want it to be, instead of just taking what I get. I like decorating and handiwork and fixing things up.
#3 The houses we can afford here in Morgantown still aren't all that fabulous, and the house we can afford in Fairmont are still nicer.
#4 If we live below our means for a while, we can afford nice stuff like a couch and a dishwasher and our own washer and dryer and so forth. I'd rather buy nice things than buy cheap stuff and have to replace it in a few years.
#5 The property value is supposed to go UP in Fairmont within the next few years, whereas it's already up in Morgantown. If we find a house and improve it a little, we stand to gain a good deal of money on this investment.
#6 We were already planning on it anyway, so it's not like it's going to be more of a hassle.

However, the house we were going to buy is already off the market. *sigh*
Oh well, that just means we'll find something better, right?

Bugger... work. I'll try to pop back in later for comments. Have a good day chicks!
~Elisha
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Morning chickies
I'm going to have to turn my clock around this weekend so I can get up at 4am (instead of 9am)
Yesterday was definately a RED DAY - more calories in than out. I'm afraid I binged on kraft dinner for lunch (much TOO large a portion) and on popcorn and licorice after dinner.
We went bowling - and I DID break out in a sweat so I'm counting it as exercise. We had a lot of fun - I'm going to try to talk DH into joining a league or something. I'm not very good at it though - only scored 80. Just barely beat out the grandsons.
Elisha Sounds like you and Steve have really thought through your purchase in Fairmont. I'm glad to see that you put being a SAHM as #1, I had hoped to do that but wasn't able to for financial reasons - and we weren't buying a house at the time. I'm sure you'll be in the 210's by Monday.
MsRd Whew - I hope that you are able to slow down your pace today. I guess a positive side of being that busy is that you don't have an opportunity to eat Another positive is that you don't have to do those things on the weekend. Treat yourself to a nice long bubble bath tonight - you deserve it
TBJ All the dairy commericals on TV right now are saying that increased dairy when dieting makes for a smaller waistline. I guess it depends on what type you're eating. You must be getting really excited about the move - what an adventure. I've lived in the same 30 mile radius pretty much all of my life. Do you have any exercise minutes to report for the challenge?
Julie How are you doing chickie? Check in...
Betani Still staying on track - how's the exercise going
Quote:
THE BIG FINISH WEEKLY EXERCISE MINUTES MINI-CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER 10-16th
Joy - 150/315
Julie - 15/100
MsRD - 60/180
Elisha - 45/225
TBJ - 130
Betani - 200
GROUP TOTAL: 270/960
Please report your exercise minutes and/or let me know if I've missed any so we can have the correct total for this week.Time to start thinking about your exercise minutes for next - the final week of this 12 week challenge.

I guess it's also time to think about starting a new thread and the focus .... year end is coming ....or do we want to shorten the challenges... I'd love to keep our group together.... Ideas?

Anyways... I'm off to take the boys home and head into Vancouver to pick up textbooks for my next course. Have a great rest of the day ...
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #441  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Guess What?

You are never going to believe this, chickies...

I WENT HIKING TODAY!!!!

Some days ya just gotta play hookey and enjoy the beautiful weather...so I did! I decided this morning that I was going for a hike...and I did! OMG!!! It was soooo wonderful! I took a different trail (same park) this time and headed uphill! I did a lot of hill climbing today, but it was sooo worth it! I started heading along this trail that was left to nature with trees down every 10 feet or so...but it was a ravine and I think it eventually headed to Lake Michigan. I decided I would climb UP THE DUNE to the top of the hill because I was tired of trying to get over and under trees. OMG!!! It was sooo hard with me taking about 5 steps and then having to rest to catch my breath. There were leaves and branches falling behind me every bit of the way, but it was a challenge that I was up for today. I'm sooooo proud of myself! I made it to the top and found out that it was about 500 ft. elevation pretty much straight up...maybe about a 65-70 degree steep! But the view from the top....breathtaking! The sky was blue and the leaves were beautiful (turning colors here) and the lake was right there!!! Awesome! The picture below was taken from 775 ft. above sea level. And my new avatar was taken today at the park!

Exercise minutes today: 90 minutes 105/100 (YEA!!!!)

I would say it was harder than the climbing I did this summer because it was so steep, but certainly not as long! I took my camera and took some pictures which I will TRY to put with this post! My foot hurt a little on the hike but the climbing didn't bother it so much. Maybe I should get into rock climbing as a sport!

Anyway...food was ok today. We had burgers on the grill tonight, but hubby made tater tots in the oven, and I had some! I also stopped at Arbys and got a jamocha shake on the way home from my hike. I somehow thought i deserved it! I did drink lots of water today and still drinking it. Oh yea...had a couple of glasses of wine tonight too! Oops! Guess the calories were a bit high today with all those beverages!

It felt good today to take a day off and just do whatever I wanted! I only felt a little guilty for a few minutes this morning when I called my work partner to see if she could cover for me! Then I was done with the guilt for the rest of the day!

I am thankful for: (I've been forgetting to do this!)
Fall colors
Warm Fall days (70ish) here today
My wonderful husband

Joy...Bowling seems to be the sport this year, eh? (that's for the Canadian in you! ) I will give some thought to the challenge. It seems that what I need is a good swift kick in the a**!!! Nothing I think or say to myself seems to make an impact! Even that hike today was sabbotaged with the shake from ARby's!!! I have done some thinking, though today...I know I have changed my lifestyle in the last year or so...I know I make better choices r/t food...I know my weight is not going down, but I also know that it CAN...and it will! I just wonder if I need to take my mind off of it for a while...or will that just add insult to injury??? I really don't know! I like the mini challenges. They do seem to be more effective for me! Thanks for doing this 12 week challenge. If nothing else, it kept our group going and together! No weight GAINS, I don't think!

Elisha...The house thing sounds logical to me! Baby? Stay at home Mom??? You really are planning your future? When's the wedding?
And your weight IS going down...and will stay that way if you persevere! We can do this, girl! We HAVE to do this! Thanksgiving is a little more than a month away. I want to lose 5# by then so I can wear some of the same clothes I wore last fall! That doesn't sound to irrational, does it? I could probably even lose 10 if I really really worked hard at it! Ya know...like a regular "diet"!!! OK...you want a challenge??? Maybe that's what we need...to start challenging each other with the weight thing...Alright...you in?

MsRD...Your post made me tired just reading it! Phew! Girl...sit down and enjoy the beautiful weekend! Just for a few minutes, ok? You have my permission!

TBJ...You sound so excited about your impending move! May we ask what part of the country you will be moving to? I live in the Midwest, so I hear you on the dairy stuff. I'm a cheese addict, myself! Moooooooo! I need to be conscious of eating more fruits & veggies! I try, but the cheese just jumps out of the fridge at me and into my mouth before I know it!

Hope this find syou all having a great weekend! Hugs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hill angle.JPG (48.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Lk Michigan from 775ft above sea level.JPG (30.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by hikein2005; 10-14-2005 at 09:32 PM.
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #442  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies! And HAPPY WEEKEND!!! Yay!

Julie: GREAT job on that hike! I bet it was beautiful! Everything around here is turning colors too... I love living in the mountains! And yes, I am planning my future. I've already decided the wedding is going to be January of 2007, even if he hasn't already proposed! I'm told it's coming in less than a year. *sigh* I'm so impatient, but I know he has to save up for my ring. Good thing he got a new, better-paying job!
I'm on for your weight challenge! I would have to lose about 10 pounds to be where I was at Thanksgiving last year. That might be a bit much to lose in just over a month, but even half of that would be good.

Joy, 4am?!?! Why? Ugh... I try to get up at 5:45, and usually don't even make that! Julie's right--bowling seems to be the sport now (hehe... I started a trend!). I'm not any good either though... last Sunday I averaged 100, and Tuesday I think I averaged around 75! It's ok, it's why they invented this little thing called "practice." As for being a SAHM, I guess I'm flexible with that. I know the company I work for is really good at working with mom's, so if we need the money I'll work part-time. My mom and grandma are already fighting over who gets to watch my kids while I'm at work! I told them that I will live halfway between them, so they can both come! hehe... Honestly though, there are a few people at my office who worked either M-W-F or T-Th, and I suppose that if we do need the money that wouldn't be too bad. And if I can't be there, I'm glad I've got such a wonderful, supportive family that is more than willing to help me out. And it's still years away!

MsRD: Whoosh! There she goes again! Aren't you glad it's the weekend? Yes, I know, we all have stuff to do on the weekends too. I seriously need to do some cleaning! In any case, I hope you get the chance to sit down for a few minutes at least!

Anyway.... yesterday was bad. Chinese food for dinner. *sigh* And breakfast and lunch weren't that great either. But! I am at 210.8 this morning! *happy dance* I don't know how that happened (especially since ToM showed up this morning) but I'm not going to complain! I think perhaps it is sheer mental desire. Is that possible? I'm wishing myself thin?! IF ONLY!!!
Seriously, I planned out my menu for today, I managed to get some fruit at the store, I'm in a really good mood today, so it's all good.
I made up some charts for what my menus are supposed to look like that I can use in planning my meals. I've decided that I AM going to do this RIGHT NOW and NO ONE can stop me--not even ME! So there! *puts her foot down*

Man, I'm a little goofy today.

OK, stuff to do. Have a good one, chickies!
~Elisha
What I've discovered from this challenge is that I'm not at a plateau, and there is something I can do about it. I feel like I've been complaining that I can't lose weight anymore for almost an entire year, but the truth is that I CAN lose weight when I put forth the effort. It doesn't seem to be as easy as it was at the beginning, but it is possible. It only takes a little focus and a little effort. And I am worth that. I CAN do it. I just have to DO it.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

'Morning Well I didn't start turning "my clock" around yet. It was 2:30am before I hit the sack last night. Monday will definately be difficult... Am I setting myself up to not get up to exercise? Is there different shades of a red day... if so yesterday was almost a BLACK RED. I didn't even log it in FitDay because I can't even guestimate the number of crackers and licorice I ate (late) last night as well as having a chicken burger and fries for lunch and lazagna and pizza for dinner.... Breakfast this morning was cold pizza and M&D are coming for dinner tonight .... gotta .... get ... BACK ON TRACK .... need .... s t r e n g t h .... to get .... back....o n .... track .... H E L P ....... ! ! !

OKAY - enough of the dramatics. The only one who can do this is ME, I gotta want to do this ... I need to get healthy. I need to get my weight down so I can have the active lifestyle I want. I need to lose weight to lessen my chances of the "borderline" diabetes I have turning into full blown diabetes. I need to get this weight off my arthritic knees. I need to exercise daily to reduce my high blood pressure..... and increase my motabalism because of my hypo-thyroid. I'm sick of being sick and I'm the only one that CAN DO something about it.

Sorry... for the rant - But I needed it.

Julie We all need a mental health day now and again. Thanks for sharing your hike with us... what great photos. I can see from photo #1 that there was a fair incline. WOW .... That reminds me of a couple hikes DH & I have done.... One was up to a fire lookout on a local mountain that overlooks Harrison Lake... 2k up and 2 k down... takes a good 2 hours... and another one to a hotspring. We traversed the bolders in the creekbed on the way up ... and beat some 4-wheelers on the way up with their rigs. Look at this chickie.... Your motivation is rubbing off on me. I'm going to get DH out there and JUST DO IT.
Elisha Job sharing is a great option.... let's you stay in the job market and stay current with your skills ... while letting you spend quality time with your children. Besides which ... it's a good idea to keep some of your independence. I know just what you mean about having success with weight loss. I know that I'm not on a plateau ... I just need to focus - calories in vs. calories out. I've learned that I have a short attention span when it comes to staying on track .... and I know that I need to deal with the reason(s) why I have those difficulties in order to resolve it. Looks like you're weigh in on Monday will show another success chickie. Way to go.
MsRD Hope your enjoying some well deserved relaxation.

Off to do my "weekly house blessing".
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #444  

Happy Saturday!

sure am glad the weekend is here.....whew! We started the day out cutting some trees down.....but one rolled on us and a branch poked DH in the lower leg. It was bleeding so badly I took him to ER......he's fine, but will sit quietly for the next 48 hours. I did some gardening this afternoon.....it is soooo beautiful outside!

Elisha....It sounds as though you 2 have thought quite carefully about where to purchase your new home. Good job! A wedding in January '07?.....better let Steve know that date so he is on time! hehehe

Joy....Go ahead....rant away....hope it helps. It sounds like we are in the same place....knowing what we have to do, knowing how to do it, and then failing in the follow-thru. I don't have any answers for you, chickie....seems the more I try the worse I fail. I had set my exercise minutes at 180, which I thought was very attainable, and here it is Saturday and I have only 60 minutes tallied! I still have today and tomorrow.....gotta get those minutes closer!

Julie.....Glad you had a great time hiking. It looks like you picked a pretty challenging route ....and you succeeded! Thanks for the pics.....we all have to take a day off for ourselves every now and again!

Well....there are quite a few things left on the 'to do' list, so I better have at it!
Have a great weekend!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #445  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I hate having been sick for half of this challange! I went to the doctor for the third time about this cough yesterday. The doctor is baffled. He told me to finish the medicine he already gave me, and he gave me two new perscriptions. The new theory is that way back when, there really was something in my throat irritating me, and my brain was sending the message that I needed to cough to relieve it. Somehow, my brain hasn't figured out that it needs to stop sending that message now that the irritation is gone. One of the new perscriptions is supposed to clue in my brain to knock it off. And just to cover all the bases, I'm supposed to go get a chest x-ray and blood tests done, just in case.

I've still been getting my exercise most mornings, at least four days a week. My eating could be better. I seem to be going back and forth between good calorie weeks and bad-but-not-horrible calorie weeks. This week has been the latter.

One thing I've recently learned: Budgeting and healthy eating are contradictory terms. When I go to the grocery store and buy the healthy whole foods, fresh produce, and lean meats, I don't have enough money leftover to buy the medicines, cleaners, and other miscellanous stuff. Perhaps that explains the alternating calorie weeks...

MsRD-- I'm glad your DH is ok! Take it easy and enjoy that beautiful weather!

Joy-- I had a pizza and breadstick attack last night, too. And I didn't stop there. I went on to eat ice cream and donuts afterward. Today I slumped into a funk about it, but this afternoon I suddenly remembered that every day is a fresh start, no matter what. Even if yesterday was perfect, today is still a fresh start, and I can make it a good one if I remember that.

Elisha-- Hey, your goofy beats my funky! I never realized just how important meny planning would help. When I plan it and STICK to it, I do great! I'm glad it's working for you, too!

Hikein-- Awesome, awesome, awesome about the hike! I wish I had the stamina for that, but I'm glad I can get in my aerobics and neighborhood walking.

Well, tomorrow I will be leaving on vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. We'll be gone till Thursday night. We got a hotel within walking distance of most of the attractions, and we'll be going to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, so hopefully I'll get a lot of walking in for my exercise. I'm taking my jump rope, too, so if I don't, I can get some exercise in at the hotel. See ya'll at the end of the week!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #446  

Oooohhh Betani.....I love the Great Smoky Mountain National Park area! it is so incredibly beautiful! Make sure you drive down to the town of Townsend.....and then take the drive up to Cades Cove - a restored village up in the mountains. And, by the way, I hiked to the top of Clingman's Dome.....so I know you can do it too!
Have fun!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #447  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Sat PM

Evening chickies...

Betani...I'm sooo sorry that you are still dealing with that cough. I don't buy the theory of your brain not stopping the cough. I hope that you don't have anything serious, but I dooo hope the cough goes away! That said...have a wonderful time in TN. We are going to be in the same area over Thanksgiving weekend. I love it down there. DH's Grandma (she lived in Knoxville) died over Labor Day weekend and he wasn't able to go down then so we are taking a mini vacation of sorts to Knoxville/Gatlinburg area so he can pay his last respects in his own way. I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will get lots of walking in. Gatlinburg area is all about walking. Enjoy...and I'm sending you positive vibes so you are completely well when you get home!

MsRD...Oooohhhhh! Your poor hubby! You all need to stop that "working so hard on the weekend" routine and start enjoying life a bit!! LOL!! Sorry...I just want you to be happy...and maybe that's what you enjoy doing, which is why you are doing it, maybe! But geesh! That's lumbermen's work, girl! How about a manicure or pedicure...or just a bubble bath??? OK...sorry for the rant! I just worry about you!

Joy...it seems there are a bunch of us who are feeling the same way...we know what to do, how to do it, even how to plan it all...but somehow the lack of followthrough is right behind it all!!! We can't give up trying...that I have decided! We would certainly fail for sure! I don't know chickie...wish I could wave the magic wand and make it all just "happen" for us! Do you want to join Elisha and I for the "pound countdown"? You all are invited for that! I'm going for 5 lbs by Thanksgiving! I hate doing this, but it sure makes me a little more accountable than if I just say I'll do something fo rthe sake of doing it! Sorry...I'm rambling...need to go to bed!

Elisha...You are on chickie...we start Monday! I'm back on the Zone! It works for me and I just need to get my meals planned and get on that bike in the mornings! 5 lbs by Thanksgiving! If there are more, well...that's just a bonus!! Woo Hoo...I can feel the enthusiasm rising in my old bones!!!

Speaking of that...my bones are really aching from my hike yesterday! Oweee! I rested a LOT today! Guess I should be taking things at a slower pace, eh? Oh well! I was happy I could do it!

I'm hitting the bed now...so have a great Sunday. I plan to do a shorter hike or walk or bike ride tomorrow...when the wind calms a bit! 4-7 ft. waves on the Lake today! Woo Hoo!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:50 AM   #448  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Well, food yesterday was crap, but only turned out being around 1500 calories, and I made up for it by being active all freaking day. The morning and early afternoon were spent cleaning the house, and I mean heavy-duty sweeping the cobwebs from the ceiling cleaning. And then my best friend Dani comes over. The rest of the day was a flurry--first we went bowling, then we watched part of a hockey game, then we went ice skating for almost 2 hours, and there were 3 trips to WalMart, a trip to McDonald's, and assorted running around town in between. The only other time in my life I was ice skating, I was about 8. I only fell down once though, so I guess that is good.

But MAN! My body hurts today! I just want to curl up in bed with my cup of Cinnamon Hazel nut coffee and watch movies all day. And I might, actually.

Tonight is league bowling night again, so there will be some physical activity involved. I have no idea where my exercise minutes are for this week--hold on, I'll figure it out. I'm at 180 for the week, plus tonight's bowling.

Food today--bah. Already off to a bad start. Mom made buckwheat cakes and sausage for breakfast, with butter and syrup of course, and then there were these 2 pumpkin donut holes that just hopped into my mouth. Lunch will be extra-veggie chili I made yesterday but didn't get to eat. Dinner? Who knows?

Did I mention ToM is here? Yeah. Fortunately, my weight is at 210.8 again this morning. I expected it to be up today, but it wasn't, so that is a good thing. Now if I just do well today, I will be down even more tomorrow. I'm hoping for 210.2, so I can say I lost a pound this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me, chickies!

Julie: If we're starting Monday, does that mean I get today off?! For some reason I don't think I'll be particularly concerned with eating today anyway. But I'm with you on the 5-pound goal. 205 by Thanksgiving. Then I want to hit 199 by New Year's. I think that will be the real test. But you're right--I know what works, I just have to do it. I remember when I started here, I was on that treadmill every stinking day, and nothing could stop me. Of course, I didn't really have a life then, and only a part-time job, but still, I know I can do it. WE CAN DO THIS!

Betani: Enjoy your vacation, and I hope you're feeling better soon! I've never been to Gatlinburg, so I can't give you any advice for your trip! Just have fun!

MsRD: Glad hubby is ok--land maintenance can be tough! And yes, Steve already knows when I'm planning the wedding. When I first told him, he checked his calendar and said he was free. I said, "No, you're not. You've got a wedding to participate in and a honeymoon."

Joy: Rant all you want. We all need it sometimes. Now, where did I put that tazer? Join the Pound Countdown with Julie and me. A new challenge always gets us revved up!

OK, I am off to be lazy! I see Harry Potter in my future...
Have a happy Sunday, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 10-16-2005, 08:49 PM   #449  

Hello!

Kids were here today and SIL deep fried a turkey for us......it was delicious! And DD brought leftover birthday cake (from DGS birthday party yesterday), so all there was left for me to do was the potatoes and veggies and salad! DH and kids went out and pulled the downed trees out of the woods.....I stayed in the house with the grandkids and stacked the wood in the basement, did DD's laundry (due to her broken washer), and made myself generally useful.

Julie.....I laughed out loud.....chickie, I am not the bubble bath/pedicure type of gal! Don't worry about me....the fresh air and exercise are good for me! You are on for the Calorie Countdown ....this is what is going to turn things around for me. I can lose 5# by Thanksgiving.....I know I can......with your help!

Elisha....You go ahead and have a lazy day....after yesterday, you deserve it! Those calories were well with in range......and 2 hours of ice skating?.....you go girl!

Joy....just a thought....from now until the end of the year, it will be a real struggle for me (and maybe others) with all the holiday feasting and homemade candies and cookies. Maybe a new challenge could focus on this subject and being aware and planning for festivities whose main focus is food?

I really got my butt in gear.....got 30minutes of WATP in yesterday and another 30 today.....and I am adding 15 minutes of stacking wood (lots of walking and bending and lifting)......so my minutes for this week come to 135/180....not great, but at least respectable.

The dishwasher has completed its cycle, so it is time to unload ...and then put in the next load.
It's going to be a great week!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #450  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Whew! I need another day off! Yesterday was a good day, just not as far as calories are concerned. There was an incident with Taco Bell after bowling, but let's not talk about that. I'm blaming it all on ToM. Weigh-in this morning wasn't good as a result of ToM and Taco Bell, but I'm not counting it either. So :P on you, stupid scale!

There was a good bit of exercise yesterday. I did some minor cleaning (I finally managed to vacuum my carpet!). I also did a boot camp workout I found on about.com. I made it through, though I admit that I did rest between sets a bit longer than I was supposed to. I wrote down how long it took me to do all of the exercises with the intention of improving my time. I think this workout is going to be good for me.

However, today I am so stinking sore! I never recovered from Saturday's bowling and ice skating, then yesterday there was boot camp and more bowling. My thighs are killing me today! So today is a day off from exercise to let my muscles recuperate. And today's meals are fine. Breakfast was good, lunch and snacks are good, dinner may be chicken stir-fry (at least that's what Mom said, but it's hard to tell if that's what she'll actually make). If it is stir-fry, I'll probably skip the rice. Dr. Phil says to get your starchy carbs in early in the day, so that's what I'll do.

Hopefully we'll get to look at some houses this evening. I'm planning on calling to harrass the realtor at lunch time. If he doesn't want to find us a house, I'm sure someone else would be perfectly happy to take our money!

Anyway, I need to get to work. Have a great day, chickies!
~Elisha