Old 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM   #346  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Wow, my new job is exercise... can I count it? Yesterday I did a lot of stocking, and today was unloading trucks. Both days I was on my feet for basically the entire time.

Yesterday, after being on my feet for four hours, I went to the gym. I was hoping to do that aerobics class that I talked about yesterday. Well, I had misread the schedule and the class had already started before I arrived. So I tried the elliptical machine. My toes were nearly numb at the end, and my feet hurt all night, even in my sleep! Bad idea...

Food has been good.

Julie -- Wow, congratulations on your big weight loss. Your work group WW-style meeting sounds motivating. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope your new plan will help.

Joy -- Eh, hope you at least enjoyed the cinnamon buns.

Our cat is sadistic, and he enjoys making messes all over the basement, which I have to clean. Well, with our house on the market, I have been scouring the basement every day, and have thwarted the plans of our evil cat. Today, however, I had to feed him later than normal, since I was out of cat food. The cat took this situation and turned it into an opportunity to make a mess. He ate his food too fast, the food didn't stay in his belly, and then he went over to his litterbox and wrecked havoc over there, too. Blargh. Everything is clean now, and now hopefully I have outsmarted the cat again.

Have a good day.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #347  

Hello all!

I'm baaaaccckkkkk! Been a mite under the weather here......tummy issues and a tired all over feeling for the past 3 days. Am feeling so much better today, so I will start my week on Wednesday for a change!

Joy.....You are doing so great with the exercise! You did so well resisting those donuts and cheesecake......kinda balances out the hamburg & fries? Ah, well, tomorrow is another day!

Eva.....It makes exercising easier when you have someone to go with......and the local track is the perfect place. Check in when you can.....we will continue to cheer you on!

TBJ.......The pond is beginning to look nice, though it is surrounded by plain old dirt. Hopefully, we will get some grass seed planted before winter sets in. We have a husky too.....and does he ever love to run!

Betani......Wow! You are borderline IDEAL! That is all your hard work showing, chickie! Journalling is such a great help.....I really don't track much in mine except calories and water and exercise. And I am dying of curiosity.......what is 'Die dulci freure' in your signature?

Julie......I don't think we realize the adjustment those little ones go thru in school! Charting is a good idea....she will know exactly what is expected of her and it will give her more structure in her life.

This weeks 'to do' list really hits home! I know I should sit DH down and tell him not to spoil me with donuts and candy bars..... but there is a part of me that just keeps 'forgetting' to bring the subject up. *sigh*
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 01:49 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Well it has been a stressful day - that mixed with timbits (donut holes for you Americans) at the reception desk at work - do NOT make for a good combination. I did go for a 30 minute walk at lunch time and drank 48 oz of water today. Food was not good... Yes... tomorrow is another day.

MsRd, so sorry you were feeling under the weather... shoulda let us know... I could have sent you an 3FC get well card. But alas, you are well now and on your way to a successful week. I guess I win some & lose some with the temptation issues.

TBJ - sounds like your new work is a physical challenge. I have done this work in the pst and I know you get worn out by the end of the day... Are you working on a cement floor? If you are make sure you have shoes that absorb shock to save your knees, ankles and back. I would suggest that if you can, do some swimming or biking for aerobic exercise, or use your time on work days for toning or muscle development and save your classes for days off.

Betani - while you are journalling try to plan your strategies for the next day. Something about thinking about them ahead of time and writing them down make routines easier to follow and keeps you focused. Have you done your control journal yet? Sounds like you had a fun day with the Red Hats, it's okay to have a day out - but if you know ahead you should plan how you will handle the situation, and you can compensate with lower points intake a few days before and the dreaded use of activity points and flex points....

Julie - Yes kids are such a worry. But you know the challenges early, your daughter knows you care and want to help her be a success - she'll be fine. Relax. IMHO. YAY - you go girl FOUR POUNDS DOWN.... That ought to make you feel better (less like poo ) Get your rest - your body needs it.... TTFN

EVA .... EVA ... Where are you?.... How are the laps going?

I bet Elisha is having a great time on her vacation ... getting lots of exercising from her site seeing...

I'm going to try a new strategy to plan / follow up for work processes that call for a description of what is to be done, what is needed to get there, who will be involved in the process, actions taken and status. I'm working around a plan in my head to put this into action for weight loss... but its just an idea at this point. Any thoughts, any one.... (does anyone say any more than me?)

Well - gotta go update my signature... no sorry no weight loss to report - just updating my stats... It will definately be a celebration IF I EVER LOSE WEIGHT AGAIN.... I guess you really do have to eat less and exercise more to be successful... just writing, planning and thinking about it doesn't work.

Hugs

Hugs
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 AM   #349  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Thursday

Morning chickies!
Didn't have time to post yesterday, but did manage to read all the posts! This has not been a stellar week for me, but I will saythat I am doing what I can, when I can!

Food yesterday was not what I had hoped. I did take my lunch of chicken breast & rice (leftover) and some frozen blueberries, but we had a picnic at work yesterday and I chose to eat a hotdog, potato salad & some baked beans. I didn't have the dessert of cake, but ate some watermelon instead, and my portions were small. I did eat two hotdogs, though...only 1/2 bun! Last night I took DD to McDonalds . She had her usual kid meal and I had the chicken selects (3). I know they are fried, but initially I ordered FF with them and then decided to just get the chicken. So I had that for supper with some water and a couple (only two) french fries from DD! I drank plenty of water yesterday...probably 80+ oz.

My sister had bladder surgery yesterday, so after I dropped DD off to the soccer field with BIL, I went to visit with her at home. She had made some of that yummy pasta salad the day before, so I had a couple of bites of that at her house. BIL came home with 3 yummy frozen coffee drinks (one for me of course!) so I HAD to drink that! I think that was enough damage for one day, though! Back on track today! (See, I even do that to myself!!!)

I started out the morning with coffe & oatmeal with raisins & pecans and just a pinch of brown sugar. Had 8 oz. of water so far. I did 20 minutes of toning and now I need to go take a shower and get ready for my day! I've been having a headache every day since Sunday and I'm not sure quite what it is. Could be the barometric pressure which does affect my sinuses, but still...I hate feeling this way!

Joy...You WILL lose weight again! You can do it, chickie! Chin up...we all have these valleys, ya know...mine lasted more than 6 months and I'm feeling better now. Get right back on track and don't let that bad day yesterday stop you from getting what you want! Keep us posted on your new idea!

MsRD....Yea! Glad you are back! Sorry you have been under the weather! Now is the time to get going again. Start slow!

TBJ...Ah yes...working hard all day and then working out at night...not a good mix! I really don't do much working out after work. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my legs ache...the list goes on...not to mention I don't have much energy left for myself. That's why working out in the mornings work out well for me! I'm sure you will get it all figured out, though. Just don't over do it...we need you here, chickie! Crazy cats! I couldn't find mine all morning yesteray. Looked through the whole house, called him. He doesn't go outside, but thought maybe he got out, so looked outside. Turns out he was just being lazy and hiding under the bed in the basement! Crazy cats!

Betani...Dang Chinese food! Does it to me every time. Big trigger for me! I need to learn to stay away from it! You will get back on track today, like the rest of us! Seeems yesterday was a wierd one for all of us! Hmmmm...

Thanks to all of you for your kind words about DD. It's nice to know that others have either been through it or understand! It's just a bit stressful to me and I'm glad I have you all to bounce those kinds of things off!

Hugs to all! Gotta scoot..........
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #350  
I like jewelry.

Good morning!

Finally went to box aerobics last night. What a great workout. Although I agree with Joy, once my regular schedule starts, I will save the classes for days when I don't work.

Tonight's plan is to spend 35 minutes or so on a recumbant e-bike. Hopefully Hubby and I can go together. He has been going, as well, and I am proud of him. He has been doing more weights than me -- I'm waiting for the next session with the trainer, so that I do them properly. Haven't lifted since high school...

Food was good.

MsRD -- Wow, a husky and a pond... sounds like a dangerous combination! Does he dig in the fresh dirt around your pond? I awoke this morning to find our husky digging in the fire pit.

Joy -- Thanks for the tip. I have been planning to buy some new shoes. If your new strategy works for your job, it would probably work for your diet. Makes sense that you have to pick a goal, know what you have to do to get there, see what you have been doing, and then do what is left. Like you said, writing, planning and thinking alone won't help... unless you do it all the time and therefore never eat.

There were two showings of our house yesterday. One couple seemed seriously interested... ah, I have mixed feelings about selling. I love our house, now I'm out of school and have a job (even if it isn't what I want to do forever), I have a gym, I'm looking into finding a martial arts instructor. Part of me doesn't want to pick up and move. OK, a lot of me doesn't. But it's what Hubby really wants, and I want to make him happy. If I had my dream job here, maybe I would protest. Now, however, I want to leave the area where I went to law school, and start over. Mixed feelings.

Tomorrow is weigh-in, and I'm not stressed.

Happy day.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #351  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

Well, I'm back from vacation, and it was grand! Steve's family is pretty cool, St. Louis was rather hot, but the trip was fun overall. Lots of walking, but lots of eating too. Steve kept saying, "Oh, and we've got to eat ____, they've got the best ____!" As a result, I gained 3 pounds. *sigh* But Steve bought me the perfume I've been searching for for a year, and his cousin (a photographer) gave us a bunch of free prints and other artsy stuff, so I am a happy girl.

And we got some a bunch of news yesterday on our way home (it was one phone call after the other for a while). Steve got called for an interview with a pharmeceutical company to do the exact job that he wants to do, and this is the one company in the area that if you work there you are pretty much set for life. Interview is Tuesday morning, so everyone keep your fingers crossed. The best part is, it's only about 3 minutes away from my work, so we'll be able to carpool, and it would be a 9-5 M-F, so we'd have weekends together.
Other news, we lost our house. The sellers decided they didn't want to renegotiate the price, and we're not putting $10,000+ into a porch on a $60,000 house, especially not before we buy it. So it's back to square one. So we're going to look for something closer. *sigh*
And more news.... we discovered that my grandma has a growth in her side about the size of a tennis ball. They don't know what it is, but it's not supposed to be there. She went in for more tests this morning, but they still wouldn't tell her anything.

Today, I don't know. I need to clean my room and get things put away. I haven't even unloaded my car yet. It's like, once I get started, I'll think of so much more to do, so I don't even want to start. But, no time like the present, right?

I'll come back and comment after I have read the rest of your posts. I hope you're all having a good week!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #352  

LOOOONG TIME NO POST!!!

Wow, where have I been??? I've been busy!! Very, very busy! But, I'm back.. I have to get back on plan. I have exactly 1 year and 15 days til my wedding and I have to get this weight off! I did manage to loss 3 lbs since I've been gone. I'm slowly getting back on track, I've started walking every nite and I got a "core secrets" stability ball, today was my first day using it and I love it! I replaced my computer chair with it, so I'm sitting here bouncing on it now. Also, I've been trying to do pilates every nite before I go to sleep, man can I feel it!!! Well, I just wantedto let everyone I was okay and I'm back!!! I'll post again tomorrow! Later
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #353  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Food would have been fine if it weren't for the potato wedges yesterday.

I didn't exercise yesterday morning because I got hardly any sleep. A bad thunderstorm woke me up in the middle of the night, and I just couldn't get back to sleep. I did do 20 minutes of Walkaerobics this morning, though. Perhaps I'll do another 20 tonight to make up for yesterday.

Not much else to report.

-----------------------
MsRD-- Welcome back! Tummy trouble is such a nuisance. Glad you're feeling better. The line in my signature is Latin for "Have a nice day".

Joy-- Having a battle plan is definately a good idea! I think my problem is that I don't plan farenough in advance. My control journal is a work in progress. I think I'm about half done with it, but I keep going back and changing things I did before. I think I'm also doing too much too soon. That's why I cut back on the exercise so much. It'll get there, though!

Hikein-- Pressure changes definately give me headaches, too. Hope you feel better soon!

TBJ-- Moving makes for the worst mixed emotions of all time. I know exactly what you mean. Box aerobics sounds like a heavy duty workout! I'll stick to walking.

Elisha-- Sounds like you had a great time on your vacation! I'll be thinking about Steve and your grandma. So much happening at once!

StarAngel-- Welcome back!! You have plenty of time to take that weight off slow and steady. I was using my stability ball for a computer chair, but I needed more support for my back, so it's relagated back to the corner of the room until I'm ready to use it again.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:14 PM   #354  
good rolemodel in trainin

Default I'm still alive (sortof)

I've been gone for more than a week and I just did a quick skim over everyone's posts. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. Congratualations to everyone for their personal victories.

I on the other hand have gone through such a mix of emotions in the past 9 days that I'm surprised I'm only one person. Being back to work has been a real struggle. I'm fine with leaving my DD with the babysitter because I know she loves it But getting up at 430 am was starting to wear me down after a few days and than Sunday night I went to bed with a sore throat and woke up not being able to talk and having the worst cold I've had in years. Well I need the money, so off to work I went, came home just exhausted. I've managed to keep my apartment reasonable clean, I'm not trying to be "Superwoman" I just don't want to have to start cleaning again from scratch. And, of course I still have to take care of Emily.

She's growing up so fast and I notice it more now that I'm not with her everyday However, right now I'm very confused. I'm not sure if I've given her my cold or if she's teething again. Unfortunatley the symptoms are the same for both She's been waking up in the middle of the night screaming and it's hard to calm her down and I know she's having trouble breathing because her nose is all stuffed up. I just feel so bad for her So this week I haven't even tried to exercise, and I'm not eating very well either. My only success has been that I've been getting in lotsa water (but I don't know exactly how much because I've stopped keeping track)

This brings me to my next issue. I joined WW a few weeks ago and I'm already unsure of my ability to stick with it. I'm not even trying right now, but I've always hated counting calories and counting points feels like so much work. And half the time I don't know how to calculate them anyway. So I've considered quitting before I even get all the materials but than I feel like I've failed yet again

Even reading and posting here has become difficult. Every time I log on, something comes up or I realize I'm so tired that I just can't keep my eyes open long enough to focus on the screen.

I'm trying to come up with some affirmations and positive feelings but I'm still not feeling up to par and I'm just so down on myself. I welcome any and all advice on how to get out of this rut and how to deal with my WW dilemma. Thank you so much for letting me rant. I love this forum and I feel bad for not being here for the last several days, but I'm just floating right now. I don't seem to have any focus or drive to do anything but be the flat slob that I've allowed myself to become.

Well I should go to bed. Tomorrow is my day off work but I still have a hundred things to do. I wish I had the ambition to do them but knowing me and my mood right now I'm sure I'll sit on the couch and do nothing all day. I feel like a time bomb ready to go off any minute now.

Goal setting: I'm not really into it but I am going to make one goal. That is to stay in touch. I'm obviously not going to make it onto this site everyday but I'd like to make the effort of 3-4 times a week. Friday's for sure because it's my day off work but hopefully I'll be able to find other appropriate times as well.

Well, gotta go.

HUGS to all! Thanks for being here.
flirtigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:03 AM   #355  

Hey Flirtgirl.... it's good to hear from you (good or bad). It's tough trying to do "IT ALL" at once. My advice to you is babysteps. Try taking Emily for a walk (do you have a buggy?) and the bonus is that the fresh air wears them out. As far as WW goes...just keep going to the meetings, it will all fall into place for you. Maybe the Core program is better for you than the Flex program. In the Core program you don't have to count points you have a list of food that you can eat enough of to satisfy your appetite. Something to consider..

Betani - I hear you about the potato wedges. DH made 4 pounds of potatoe wedges baked in oil and lemon with herbs for dinner tonight, and ... of course, I ate my share (2 pounds worth). I'm a firm believer (although sometimes don't listen to myself) that you need to have your rest to benefit from the exercise you do. If you were up at night with DD and the thunderstorms, it probably was best to fit your exercise in later.
StarAngel - My DD is planning her wedding for August next year. She has some size issues to deal with too. Is a core secret ball the same as a stability ball? I really want to get one to do ball squats and crunches with... sitting on it while on the computer would be good to. WTG with the 3 pounds down.... I'm proud of you. Remeber to have fun with your walking and pilates everynight. I look forward to "talking with you more often.

Elisha such a mix of emotions you must be dealing with. Sorry to hear about your grandmother's growth. Maybe some needs to ask to go along with her for her appointments so you all know what's going on? Also sorry to hear about not completing the sale for the house you were looking at, but as I often say; things happen for a reason and I just know that something better will come along for you. The new job openning for Steve sounds like it's just what's needed, some welcome good news too. My DH worked different shifts than me for about 10 years, I'll tell you I know it's difficult on the relationship and your social life. After that long we ended up not really having any friends to go out with because we had declined invitations so often, either DH was working or he had to get up the next morning, etc. We work les than five miles apart now and work similiar shifts, we don't meet for lunch but we do carpool four days every week.

Julie - Maybe it wasn't a stellar day but you did make some good choices. You only had the chicken and a few fries. The last time I went to McD's - last Friday - I had a buffalo chicken sandwich, supersized fries and a supersized drink.... You had a great morning WTG - I know, that you know, that YOU can do it. I know alot of people at work are having sinus problems at this time of year... I'm sure there's different things in the air to cause havoc with allergies etc. Maybe you need some good drugs? A head ache for five days can't be good for you.

I'm afraid I'm letting the stress at work get to me... today I just sat at my desk with tears in my eyes... boss came around the corner and asked what was up. I looked at all the work strewn around my desk (which I was trying to organize before going on vacation) and I told her "I just don''t think I can do this" I was pretty close to giving up. I think she really understood because she just asked what she could take to deligate around. I've decided to have a down day - I told DH on the way home that I was going to put my pj's on and do nothing.... I didn't but I did change, sit down and watch Survivor, watered my flowers and picked some corn from the garden for dinner and some asian pears for our lunch tomorrow, had dinner and the dishes are still sitting in the sink.... I'm still feeling a little "choked" but I think by the time I leave work tomorrow I should feel comfortable about what's there... We'll see what happens when I return in two weeks.

Sorry for MY rant ... but I know you all will listen and not judge.

Hugs to all
Old 09-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #356  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

If DH doesn't finish his carton of chocolate ice cream soon, I swear I'm going to throw it out! I keep sneaking bites of it, and that's a big no-no! I bought a whole bunch of apples at the farmer's market yesterday, so those have to be my snacks for a while. No more bad snackies!

I think I'm almost ready to increase my morning exercise back up to 40 minutes. I've gotten spoiled, though. I still get up at the same time when I only do 20 minutes, and I've gotten accustomed to the extra time to sit and relax in the morning.

I don't expect any loss at next weigh in. Calories have just been too high, and exercise not enough. I just hope it wasn't enough to make me gain any back.

------------------------
Flirtigirl-- Priority Number One: TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND EMILY AND GET BETTER!!! Sounds like you need lots and lots of rest to sleep this off. Pushing yourself too far will make it last even longer. Honest to goodness, sleep can work miracles.

Joy-- Having an understanding boss like that can make a world of difference. Let that vacation take your stress away and when you come back, look at that work with fresh eyes. You'll feel determination rather than dejection. It'll be fine, I'm sure!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #357  
I like jewelry.

Oy, wow, busy-ness.

We have two offers on our house. The one last night is bad because it is $5k lower than what we wanted for our minimum. But it is good because the offer is uncomplicated, and the buyers will give us time to move out.

I am still waiting to hear on the second offer. Right now, it's anticipation-time. Please pray and/or think happy thoughts, 'k? You all rock.

Food yesterday was insane... I had no time to eat. Fruit juice for breakfast, fruit smoothie for lunch, popcorn and pop for a snack. Then the realtors came over to discuss yesterday's offer, and by the time they left, it was 9:15pm. I scarfed down some pierogies and a salad, and a mini-Snickers. Not the best eating day. Only 1300-some calories, but I spent a lot of the day hungry.

Had a lot of fun on that recumbant bike last night. I brought my iPod and listened to my fave Dar Williams songs. The re-bike isn't as hard as the upright e-bike, so the workout was more of a "get jiggy while sitting down and moving legs a little" experience, than it was a hardcore workout.

Then this morning arrived... I weighed in at WW (down 1.4 lbs.! Met my Sept. 25 goal a week early! ), then went to the gym for a core workout class. Thought it would be some crunches and back exercises. Egad, was I in shock. We're talking people balancing themselves on one hand and one foot, front of bodies parallel to the wall, and then kicking and swinging the free arm and leg. Ha, I was laughable compared to them. I was on two knees and an elbow, weakly trying to swing one arm and keep my head up. That class kicked my butt! I want to beat it, but I will have work during the regular class session.

Elisha --
Quote:
"Oh, and we've got to eat ____, they've got the best ____!" As a result, I gained 3 pounds.
Isn't that what going home to visit people is all about? I have a chain of restaurants to visit in my hometown. GOOD LUCK to Steve on that job interview. Sorry to hear about your grandma and your house.

Jessica -- Hi there! Ooo, a stability ball... had my first core workout class today, and egad, that stuff is HARD!!! Props to you for working out with the ball.

Betani -- Yes, it is really hard to exercise on no sleep. Feel better. When you have more energy, you can exercise by kick-boxing the chocolate ice cream.

Kari -- If the symptoms for teething and a cold are the same, maybe you don't have a cold, you're just teething? Just kidding... I don't do WW perfectly. You can adjust the program to fit your needs. After a month or so, tracking points does get easier. Don't feel like a failure if you quit, though. Why try to stick to a diet that doesn't work for you? We'll support you no matter what you decide.

Joy -- Good to hear that you have a supportive boss. I hope things are going better for you now.

Ah, went to bed around 12:15 last night/this morning, but could not get my drowsy blonde head to actually go to sleep until 2:45-ish. I am going to log out now, put my gym-going suburbanite princess head (never thought I'd be the type, heh heh) on a pillow, and zonk out until the realtor calls.

Wish us luck on the house.

And happy weekend to you all.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:22 PM   #358  

Hello all!

This week has flown by....lots to do at work and home.....sorry to have been absent here. And, by the way, it gives me a great feeling to know that all of you will be here for me......all the time, anytime...and thank you for that!

Julie....You don't have to worry about me 'starting slow' after being sick.....my problem is more like getting started at all! Just one or two days without exercise and the old couch potato habits return......I will be walking with Leslie tonight .....promise!

TBJ.....It is perfectly normal to feel the ambivalence of moving away from something safe and secure. It is because you don't know for sure what you will be moving TO. When we sold the house we had been in for 20 years (in the neighborhood I have lived my entire life), we were building a new home.....so I knew where I was going and had that to look forward to. Everything will work out......got my fingers crossed for a great offer on the house!

Elisha.....You must have had a great vacation, as you sound so happy and relaxed! Great news about Steve's job offer. Sorry to hear about the house deal falling thru.....it just wasn't meant to be and that just means there is something better for you coming up. Hope all is well with your Grandma......it is probably pretty scary for her, so just give her all the support you can.

StarAngel.....How wonderful to hear from you again! You have been missed! You are bouncing and typing at the same time.......yikes! what coordination!

Flirti......Now listen up, chickie! You have not failed......so erase that thought from your head. Give WW a decent shot.....and remember that it is not the program for everyone. If it was, there wouldn't be other programs out there! Venting is good....keep in touch. We are here for you!

Joy.....it is obvious from your meltdown that YOU NEED A VACATION! So....go....relax....enjoy......don't count calories or points or exercise minutes. Two weeks may be just you need to really get mellow.

I weighed myself this morning.....the first time in a month or two! (I had stopped weighing myself simply because it was causing me more stress....which leads to more eating, which leads to.....you know the drill) Anyway.....I am down 3 pounds! Wow......success might be addicting! I will let you know at my next weigh-in 'month'!

Last edited by MsRD; 09-17-2005 at 03:28 PM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #359  
I like jewelry.

Yippee, the second offer on our house was $10k higher than the first. Of course, me being the obsessive worrier that I am, I am cautious about being happy until the inspection is done. I don't want to have to renegotiate over improvements. Still, Hubby and I have signed the purchase agreement... barring some giant, unaffordable request by Buyers, he and I have SOLD OUR HOUSE.

<--- Unsure of how I feel.

MsRD -- Thanks for the support on my feelings about the house. Today I woke up with my "death" feeling. No, don't be scared, I don't mean about a person dying. I mean that feeling that you have when some part of your life has ended, and you have taken irrevocable steps that guarantee you must move on. I have a lot of trouble letting go of things in my life. I am trying to take this opportunity to practice letting go. It is painful. I have church this morning and will try to meditate on letting go... Thanks for listening to my rambling! :hugs: CONGRATULATIONS on losing three pounds.

Ah, I am starting to become obsessive about this diet thing. I have been worrying about whether I will do all my cardio this week. I have been worrying so much that I spent an hour planning next week's schedule around working out. Mmm. My WW leader once said that when we begin to lose weight, we should be a tad bit obsessive, because we are changing our lives very much and we need to learn a myriad of new habits. OK, I understand that, but recently my obsession has been starting to bother me. I even feel a cold coming on. These symptoms tell me that it is time to change my diet philosophy, or goals, or habits. I'm still trying to figure it out and am not sure what will happen next. Maybe all the big changes in my life are finally catching up with me emotionally.

Well, thank you for listening to my self-centered post. *Rises from her Freudian therapy couch.*
Old 09-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #360  

Morning Chickies

Well I missed you guys. Pretty much took a day off of everything Friday. However yesterday, although the eating pretty much sucked, I did make up for some lost time with exercise. We took the dogs for a walk by the river, about 60 minutes and then later in the afternoon I mowed the lawn for about 45 minutes. So YAY 105 minutes yesterday.... I might even make my goal for exercise if I count the painting I'm planning on doing today.

TBJ
Quote:
I weighed in at WW (down 1.4 lbs.! Met my Sept. 25 goal a week early!)
Sounds like you've got yourself another challenge with the core workout. I can just picture what was happening by your description and had to chuckle because I sure know how you feel. You'll get there in no time. Did you get the second offer on the house?

Betani - What is it with all DH's and ice cream. Mine brought home Ben & Jerrys New York Super Chunk Fudge. OMG to die for and, of course, my fav. At least we just shared the carton (about 1 cup each) instead of me eating an entire one myself. I have to remember to remind myself that I have an entire tree of apples and another of pears that I could/should be eating. GRR How was your weigh in?

MsRD - YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY I'm so proud of you - 3 pounds gone forever. Hmmm..... maybe I should consider monthly weigh ins. Seems like so much less stress and a real emphasis on changing your life style and not short term dieting. I really enjoy hearing from you when you can make it here. I look forward to your undestanding, support and encouragement that you convey in your posts.

{{{Flirti, Starangel, Julie, Elisha, Eva}}}

I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next two weeks, we'll be out of town starting Tuesday but I have so much to do before we go. I really want to finish painting the family room and get the "old" furniture moved in there before we go.

We are going out for "appy's" for dinner tonight with another couple. We'll be sharing, so it'll be tough to make "healthy" choices, but I will try.

I'll check in tomorrow because I have to weigh in.

I will try to fit some "movement" into my vacation, should be pretty easy I think, and try to be mindful of what I put in my mouth.

Off to update my sigi... later chicklets.