4. Maintain your resting metabolic rate to prevent weight gain
5. Increase your stamina and ability to do continuous work
6. Improve fitness levels, or your body's ability to use oxygen
7. Provide protection against injury
8. Improve your balance and coordination
9. Increase bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
10. Lower resting heart rate and blood pressure
11. Lower Body Mass Index (BMI), your fat to height ratio
12. Reduce triglycerides, bad cholesterol (LDL), raises good cholesterol (HDL)
13. Enhance sexual desire and performance
14. Reduce heart disease risk and stroke
15. Reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer
16. Increase insulin sensitivity, prevents Type 2 diabetes
17. Reduce your level of anxiety and help you manage stress
18. Improve function of the immune system
19. Improve your self-esteem and restore confidence
20. Help you sleep better, relax, and improve mood
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #452  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday Check In

Oh my....this week is not starting out as I would have liked it to...poor planning...and you know my motto!!! Grrr!

OK...I really need to start planning my menus on paper! Tomorrow it's going to be Slimfast & protein for breakfast. For lunch I have some frozen chili which I will defrost tonight and put into a smaller container for lunch tomorrow. Snack will be a cheese stick. And supper...hmmmm...something with chicken! Gotta do a crock pot recipe as the carpets are going to be cleaned tomorrow afternoon. Maybe hubby will take us out to dinner for a salad! That sounds good!

Food today was horrible. I did not eat breakfast! Big mistake. For lunch I had a frozen Marie Calendar's fetucine alfredo at 650 calories! Yikes! And then someone brought in those mini candy bars (Milky Way) and I ripped open a bag (as if the force was in me!) and ate about 6 of them! The real mini ones...but still! I gave them over to my work partner this afternoon...with regret!!! But I'm so ashamed that I did that! Supper tonight was canned veggie beef soup, a few Wheat Thin crackers, some cottage cheese & homemade applesauce (with splenda & cinnamon). I am really wanting a late night snack but I really really need to stay away from the kitchen! It's closed now! I have my water as a weapon but I might need to refill it! I certainly haven't drank my share of it today! Only about 60 oz. so far, if that!

Tomorrow I am getting up early (6am), drinking a big glass of water, going down to my long lost bike and doing 20 minutes of riding! There was no exercise today, I'm sorry to report!

I've been looking at pictures from last summer and I see how good I looked and it makes me sad! I am not taking care of myself like I was then...I need a hair cut & color and I was almost 10- lbs less last year! And to think that I thought I was fat then!!! Oh my! So...this week, I swear...I am getting my hair cut and colored...no matter what!!!! That will be a start to me feeling better about myself, don't you think?

I hope you all are having a great day! Elisha...are you on for exercise tomorrow? What about the rest of you? I'm doing 20 minutes, which sounds pathetic, but it's something!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:50 AM   #453  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey chickies!

I'm not feeling very well today, but it's more mental than physical, I think. My body is still sore and cranky despite taking yesterday off from exercise (and dieting too, though that was NOT planned). I really wanted to take today off from work... don't know why I didn't, really. If I don't get some work today I might leave after lunch.

So we've finally had it with our realtor. I called him yesterday at lunch and he told me he had just talked to Steve and was busy looking stuff up for us and that he would call us to set something up in a little bit. #1, He hasn't talked to Steve in almost 2 weeks, and #2, he did not call us back. Yeah, so we're a little miffed. Steve's calling another realtor today. I gave him a list of houses we want to go look at, so hopefully we'll get in to see some of them in the next few days.

Tonight we are going bowling with some of his friends from work. I might see if my brother wants to come too. Steve is in the band at WVU and some of his practices are on Sunday nights, so we'll need a sub for him on a couple of bowling league nights, and my brother agreed to fill in. At least with him there I will have someone I know and can talk to. And he's better at bowling than I am (not like that's a challenge!).

Today is one of those days when I just don't care. I could have used another 4 hours of sleep, and I really wish my muscles would stop aching. I know it's my fault for overdoing it, but I feel like I've been sore for almost two weeks! And ToM is being wacky, and this morning I have a headache.

Breakfast did not get me off to a healthy start this morning, and for lunch I grabbed a frozen chicken alfredo meal, and not the diet kind! It was the only frozen dinner we had left, and I'm actually lucky I remembered it at all.

Sorry for being such a whiner today, chicks. I'm just having one of *those* days.
I hope you are all having a better day than I am.
~Elisha
Old 10-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hiya chickies

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.... kinda lacking in the motivation department. Thanks for the reasons Elisha... just what I needed.

I'll be back later when in a better mood.

Hugs
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #455  

Hello All!

Wow.....all I needed was a little 'challenge' and it seems to have lifted my spirits and given me a goal! I have been doing 30 minutes WATP (and cutting wood!) for exercise. Food is been kinda borderline, and water is ok. I can do this! I *have* to do this!

Elisha....You are doing great in the exercise department....and I loved your '20 reasons to exercise' list. we should all post that one on the refrigerator door!

Julie.....We both have to plan food better.....that has been my downfall recently. Tomorrow, I start journalling....that will get me back on track! Five pounds by Thanksgiving.....Let's go! Get in and get your hair done and it will lift your spirits!

Joy....Sorry you are having an 'off' day. We all have to go there every now and again...but it makes the good days look even brighter!

I am now officially on vacation...I have the rest of the week off! Won't be going anywhere....just staying home and getting stuff done. So, this weeks challenge will be to stay away from the snacks.....they are just too handy when I stay home! I already bought Halloween candy.....I thought the grandkids would help decorate for Halloween and they always want the pumpkin jar filled with treats. We didn't get to the decorating last weekend, so the candy is waaaayyy up on the top shelf......as long as I don't open it, I will be fine.

Got to go for now.....and make a list of all I need to do in the next 3 days!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM   #456  
motomom

Default Making choices

Afternoon chickies...
I'm waiting for my sister to arrive so we can go look at a Senior apartment for my Mother.

Today was a good day, but I know that I am gaining weight. My pants are getting tighter or so it seems! I don't know! I haven't weighed in two weeks and am kind of afraid of the results. I don't want to see 180 on that scale again, but it kind of feels like I might!

Today I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast and got a 2 of their breakfast burritos. It could have been worse! I got to work and my work partner informed me that we are having a potluck and she and I are to furnish the veggies, so naturally I thought "salad"! I walked over to the store and got some salad fixins and the lunch was pretty good (sans the gravy and the brownie for dessert!) Oh well! I will try to just have some veggies or fruit and cottage cheese for supper tonight!

I'm ashamed to say that I have not exercised all week! Don't know what's upw ith me, but in the morning I just don't have what it takes to go down those 7 little steps to get on that bike! I visualize it, I think about it, I feel guilt about it...but it is just not happening! Please....someone...help me here! My foot hurts so walking is not an option for exercise, although I do love to do it. I know I need to make an appt. to see about some shots or something for this stupid problem, so why am I not??? Grrrrr! I get so irritated with myself sometimes!

20 minutes! That's all I need to do...each morning. Someone...PLEASE get the tazer out and threaten me!!!!!!

Hugs to all!
Gotta run!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM   #457  

Smile zoomzoomzoom

Hello!

I can tell it is a vacation at home......I have a to-do list that would keep 3 people busy for a week! First things first.....I did 30 minutes w/Leslie this AM and WOW does that ever kick start your day! I ran some errands, vacuumed the house & scrubbed the kitchen floor....there was laundry in there someplace too. It was a beautiful day, so I went outside and loaded 2 pickup loads of split wood, drove it around back and chucked it into the basement and then came in and stacked it. There is no lacking for exercise here! And probably a good thing too, as DH brought home a box of sweet rolls and I (ahem) indulged. As a result, calories came in around 2100! That fact alone should keep me out of the kitchen tonight!

Julie....ZZZZZZAPPPPP......SIZZLE....POW! There, now that little tazer lesson should be good for at least 20 bike minutes tomorrow! Then, make the doctor appointment, get your hair done, and journal journal journal!

Joy....Betani.....TBJ...Elisha....yoohoo? I have the tazer locked and loaded.... ..check in or I won't be responsible for the outcome!

Last edited by MsRD; 10-19-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM   #458  
motomom

OMG MsRD....I am laughing my a** off right now! Girl...you are too funny...and you don't forget a THING!!! Ok, OK, I surrender!!!!
I have an appt. for my hair on Friday morning, I am calling my Dr. in the morning about my foot and puh-lease....I will get up and work out in the morning!

If that tazer (along with the description of your day which makes me feel LAZY) doesn't make me do SOMETHING in the form of GETTING MY A** IN GEAR....I don't know what will! Thank you for that!!!!!

Lots a hugs!!!

Last edited by hikein2005; 10-19-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:14 AM   #459  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday... took a mental health day and did a lot of nothing. And I do feel significantly better today. No exercise, not enough water, and way too much food. Such has been the pattern of the week. For the next couple of days I've decided not to worry too much about my diet. I am aiming to get in some exercise, preferrably my new boot camp routine, but if I don't, I don't. As for food, I'm going to try to eat reasonable portions, but I'm not going to worry too much about what it is. I just need a break. I get paid on Tuesday, so Tuesday evening I will go to the grocery store and stock up on healthy foods, and back to a healthy diet on Wednesday. I'm re-reading my Dr. Phil book. I'm going to plan my meals for the next couple of weeks over the weekend. I'm going to attempt to get Mom to help me, so the rest of the family will be on board as well.

Steve and I are going to see 4 houses--that's right, FOUR--this evening, with the new realtor. The former realtor never once took us to see 4 houses. It would have taken him two weeks to get us in to see 4 houses. The new realtor--it took her 30 minutes! That's a woman for ya!

Anyway, I've got a ton of email, since I didn't come in to work yesterday, so I need to get moving. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
~Elisha
Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #460  
motomom

Default My long lost bike...

I was up this morning and didn't have to go to work til 10, so I actually got a chance to ride for 20 minutes. Felt good...actually, it felt great, but man...I am out of shape!! Geesh!

Food would have been good today except that I had 1/2 piece of cake and a mini (ok 2) candybar after lunch! What's up with that....?????
B-fast: One tortilla, 3 eggs scrambled, 2 oz. low fat cheese, 1 oz. turkey, coffee & creamer
Lunch: chicken & pork chili (leftover and frozen from a month or so ago), mixed veggies, salad.
Water: 60 oz. so far, but will probably get in another 20 or so before bed.
Supper: TBD...I want to go out...for salad or chinese, but DD & DH are engrossed in a movie so it will probably be something quick and easy...again! Yuck!

I have lots to do tonight. I am having a jewelry party tomorrow night and even though it will probably only be a couple of friends here, I like my house to look decent! At least vacuumed, etc...you know...the top layer of dirt gone! LOL!

Elisha...hope you enjoy your house hunting tonight! Yea for woman power! Just take the rest of the week off with food...and you will see what happens. You are on the right track, but sometimes life is just stressful! I hear ya, chickie!

MsRD...I'm sure you are check (and chucking...LOL) things off your list as I write this! Take some time for you, don't forget! Survivor is on tonight...do you watch that one? Can't remember...

OK...wherever the rest of you are...get your butts in here...NOW!!! You hear me????

Hugs to everyone...seriously...I hope you are having a good week!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #461  

Hi!

Another beautiful vacation day......up with the birds and 30-minutes WATP and then tore all of the wallpaper out of the main bathroom. That done, I was sitting resting when DH walked in with a NEW chain saw (long story....don't go there)....and, of course, we had to give it a workout! Must have loaded another 2 truckfuls of wood and chucked it in the basement......before we both wore out! Whew....great exercise program DH has me on!

Food today was good.....just added up 1300 calories! I knew once I had to journal and be ACCOUNTABLE that everything would fall into place! (and if I knew that, why didn't I start 6 months ago??)

Julie....I knew that little *encouragement* would have you pedalling that bike! ROFL!! Your eating plan was good too, so don't beat yourself up over a half piece of cake. It is official....you are back on track and ready to lose those 5 pounds!

Elisha.....Good for you for taking a day off ....you have to do that sometimes just to keep your sanity! Four houses to look at! Sounds like you have a go-getter for a realtor.....you will be in your own place in no time!

I am really feeling motivated now....don't know if it was Julie challenging me to a 5pound loss by Thanksgiving....or just some vacation days to clear my head.....but it's working! It is so nice to be on an 'up'....but I worry how I am going to maintain this enthusiasim....maybe the November challenge will keep me going?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #462  
motomom

MsRD wrote: I am really feeling motivated now....don't know if it was Julie challenging me to a 5pound loss by Thanksgiving....or just some vacation days to clear my head.....but it's working! It is so nice to be on an 'up'....but I worry how I am going to maintain this enthusiasim....maybe the November challenge will keep me going?

You know what that means, dont' you? I think you just nominated yourself to set up the challenge for November! Guess we'll have to take a poll on that one!!!

But then...maybe it's not such a great idea...with all the "chores" you have around your house, you might just "challenge" us to keep up with you...or worse yet...come and help you!!! Oh my! What have I gotten us into, here???

OK...5 lbs...here we go!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:44 AM   #463  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi Chickies

You guys are doing so WELL... I'm so proud of you ... and yes it is my intention to lose 5 pounds before your Thanksgiving or DGS#2 Birthday, November 14th (easier for me to remember). I'll second the nomination for MsRd to put the November challenge together.

I'm off to the lake again for a few days ... I'll be back on Monday ... hopefully in a better frame of mind and ready to follow through with an action. plan.... Getting back to Fitday and posting daily... and working towards 225 for November...

Hugs
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #464  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

I don't have much time this morning--busy day at work, and I have to leave early! Out of the four houses we saw last night, 2 of them were acceptable, 1 of which we absolutely love. We're making an offer on it today!

Food was atrocious yesterday, no exercises (as suspected), but plenty of water. Today will probably be more of the same, though I'm hoping to do better on the food part. Who knows, though, because we're having a pot luck at work today!

Anyway, I'll try to check back in at lunch. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #465  

HAPPY FRIDAY!

At least I think it's Friday....hard to tell when one is on vacation! It was a relatively quiet here today. Went with DH to his doctor appointment .....all went well and, to reward DH for being good, I allowed him to take me out to lunch (do you like that logic?) We went to a Chinese buffet.....food was delicious.....and I probably ate too much. We really weren't hungry at dinner time, so we just 'lunched'.....not good. I think the calories tallied up to 2000....yikes! I did get 30 minutes in WATP - my only saving grace for the day!

Julie.....November Challenge? I've never started a challenge thread before, but will give it a go......and remember.....you asked for it!

Joy....good to hear from you, chickie! We miss you when you don't pop in to say hi....glad to hear you are on board for the 5# challenge! Have a wonderful time at the lake and we will hit the ground running on Monday.

Elisha....got my fingers crossed for whatever house is the right one! Good luck on the potluck dinner.....there are usually waaayyy too many good things to choose from!

I worked a bit on the bathroom today....little stuff like plastering and sanding down walls and ceiling and caulking the tub. It is ready for paint (ok, maybe I will sit down and rest a bit first)

Tomorrow our car club is going on a color tour, so we had to get the car out and wash it and get it ready. We took it out for a little drive too.....so fun to watch folks as you go by.....they smile and wave and give you 'thumbs up'!

Last edited by MsRD; 10-21-2005 at 11:44 PM.