Old 10-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #421  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

Whew! What a weekend!

I did exercise Friday night, but I forget my minutes, so I won't give you a number. It wasn't enough anyway. *shrugs* Then Saturday I threw my back out, so no more exercise for me Saturday or Sunday. Friday was OP, Saturday would have been OP if it hadn't been for dessert (more on that in a moment), and Sunday was just a waste. And I didn't get nearly enough water. I always have problems with the water on weekends.

Saturday morning we found out that Steve got the job he interviewed for a few weeks ago. It almost doubles his salary! We're still not rich, but hey, it's a step in the right direction. And we're going on that cruise! hehe... That's why I had that off-plan dessert (bananas foster... yummy!)--I made Steve a celebratory dinner Saturday evening. But dessert was the only thing not included in my diet, so it's all good.
Anyway, he doesn't know if the job is here in Morgantown or if it's at corporate HQ about an hour away. (They asked him if he would be interested in a slightly different job at HQ, which is a better job--better paying and better hours--but since we got the message on Saturday morning he didn't have a chance to actually speak to someone about it until today, so we should know more this evening.) So we're holding off on the house purchase until we find out for sure where the job is. We're also considering buying some land a little closer and putting a modular home there for now, then building a home a few years down the road. I'm going to research that option today.

What else... we joined a bowling league. Now, keep in mind that I have only bowled about 5 times in my entire life, including last night. I think I averaged about 100. But that's ok, because Steve is going to take me to practice (and buy me some shoes so I don't have to wear the icky rental ones!). I figured that this was a good way to get out of the house and socialize, plus it's at least a little bit of exercise. Tomorrow they have discount bowling night for league members, so we're going again.

My weight went down to 210.8 over the weekend, but this morning I am at 211.2 as my official weigh-in. And I am ok with that, since it's still down about 3.6 pounds from my last weigh-in! Woot! My goal for next Monday's weigh-in is to be under 210, even if that means 209.8. I can do it!
Food is going to be a little tricky this week and next, just because I have no money. I spent almost my entire paycheck paying off my credit card. It's incredibly worth it, such a huge relief, but I am left without much in the way of grocery money. And I am feeling hungry today. That's ok, I will just have to get creative. I'll figure it out.

I am so ready to finish this challenge with a bang! The 2teens are gone, and this time they're NOT coming back.

Joy--I'm in for the exercise challenge! Put me down for 225 minutes again! I hope your Thanksgiving goes well. Enjoy the dinner, then get right back OP tomorrow!

MsRD--We still use wood heat, so I know all about the wood-cutting! It certainly counts as exercise! I hear you about battling the same few pounds over and over. This is at least the 3rd time I have lost those last few pounds in the past month! It's ok though, because now they are gone for good!

TBJ--I love your idea! I'm calling it "Mission: Possible!" I accept the challenge! Oh, wait... Steve and I are going out to dinner tomorrow, then bowling (does that count as exercise?). Well, I guess it will just be more of a challenge! I'll find something OP! On another random note... we have a rabbit named Beatrix... we call her our "attack bunny" because she's not very friendly. She growls and jumps and bares her teeth. It's actually quite amusing, because she's trying to be scary and intimidating, but she's a cute little bunny. Yeah, Beatrice the Bouncing Banana reminded me of that...

So I'm a dork.

OK, chickies, I have some work to do. Have a great day, everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #422  
Bound and Determined

Exclamation Re-Pledging For A Big Finish!

I, Elisha, do hereby commit myself to making healthful changes in my body during the next 12 weeks and beyond. I am undertaking this adventure in order to lose weight, decrease my body fat, strengthen and tone my muscles, make my body stronger and healthier, and make my life longer and fuller. I will follow the 12-week plan, and I will incorporate other healthy strategies as well. I will eat right, I will exercise, and I will drink plenty of water. There will be times when I slip, but I will get right back on track. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will accomplish my goals.

I just thought I could use a little refresher. It's been a long time... wouldn't want to forget the pledge this close to the finish-line, now would I?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #423  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I visited my folks this weekend. My eating habits always get off-kilter when I visit them. Probably because they eat 2 big meals a day, and I'm used to small meals and snacks spread throughout the day. I feel like I ate a ton, but I never did exceed 1700 calories on any given day. No exercise, but I usually don't get much on weekends. I figure that I'm doing ok to get in 40 minutes each morning throughout the week.

I'm a bit distracted this morning. My checkbook has jumped up and slapped me in the face, and I'm trying to deal with setting up a budget, which I haven't the first clue how to do. I hope to be back later to post comments...
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #424  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Howdy.

Ah, it feels good to be back OP. Nothing ups the ol' self-esteem like accomplishing a goal. Even if it's just a little goal, like the one that's going through my head right now: "One more green day, one more green day..."

Weather has turned cold here in Minnesota. Part of my job is outdoors. Today I was feeling the wind. On the other hand, it's nice to be in somewhat chilly air, when lifting heavy boxes.

Hubby and I bought our one-way plane tickets for moving. We're outta here on October 29. Tonight I'm hoping to find short-term housing, kind of like Elisha -- trying to find a temporary hermit crab's shell in which to cuddle up for a short while.

Betani -- 40 minutes of exercise during the week is great. Ah, checkbooks. Checkbooks are somewhat like scales. Sometimes the number makes us happy, sometimes the number makes us not so happy...

Elisha -- YAHOO! Wow, big steps in your life, all in the right direction. Big congrats on Steve for landing that new job. And it is exciting to have more possibilities in one's life, because of less stress due to finances. Money isn't the most important thing in life, but being a little more secure sure helps us think positively. AND you're down in weight... hey look, you compare your weekly weights, and suddenly the daily fluctuations aren't so depressing. Seems like your new eating plan is working.

Focus: The most inspiring focus for me was to look back on my success during this challenge. The little successes are motivating me to accomplish more during these next two weeks. Plus, it's nice to think of all the successes that the ladies in this group have had. Remember our exercise challenges, when we were pumpin' iron and walking all over the place (sometimes with Leslie...)? We rock. I know we can rock this week, too.

And don't forget Beatrice. She can be Beatrice the Bouncing Banana with Attack Fruit Secret Identity, so that she is in sync with Elisha's rabbit. Beatrice will be bouncing tomorrow... I'm starting at midnight. Good luck to anyone else who is joining..

I worked out this morning! [Valley-girl voice]Omigosh!/[Valley-girl voice] Aw and wonder! I did my calisthenics, for about ten minutes. May as well put me down for this week's exercise challenge. I'll try for 130 minutes.

Personal goal: 10/130.
Group goal: 10/???

Have a good day, ladies.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #425  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Howdy!

In case you had forgotten...it's me...Julie!!!

Sorry about the no posts for a few days! Last week I did not meet my exercise challenge, so this week I am really going to try! (Yea, I said that on Sunday night and it's Tuesday morning already, so...) I really want to get up early, but can't seem to get to bed early enough each night. I'm turning into a TV junkie now that we have a TV in our living room (new purchase). Before that, the only viewing tv at night was in the family room in the basement and I don't like to hang out down there by myself! Anyway...maybe I need to start scrapbooking or something at night! Seems a little more productive than watching tv...and there's not much on that interests me anyway! OK...done with that rant! Sorry!

Back to the challenge! TBJ...great idea on the Tuesday challenge! I will be OP today ALL day (not just morning and night, but lunch too!) My "on plan" prgram consists of staying away from processed sugar (the white stuff like flour and sugar) and drinking 70 oz or more of water! So, I will give it a try today. Can't hurt that's for sure! Can't seem to lose doing what I'm doing (or NOT doing!)

DD's birthday party was Saturday and we had so much "junk" in this house! It's gone now, but man that was awful! I haven't eaten that much sugar in a looooong time! DH just HAD to get her a sugar-ladened cake with filling and icing. I was just going to donuts (which was DD's request) and call it good, but he had to have the cake. So it has been sitting here in the bakery box since Saturday and I keep nibbling on it. Last night, I finally cut it up and put it in containers with lids and I'm taking it to work today!

We really need to go grocery shopping to get some good, healthy stuff to eat around here. I think there are some carrots in the fridge which I can pack in my lunch to nibble on during the day today. Oh...and I bought some lemon slim fast bars in the clearance section at the grocery store last week. I tried one and I know now why they were clearance! NASTY! I guess I can do Slim Fast for Breakfast & lunch today and worry about dinner when I get home!

I want to say thanks to all you wonderful chickies for keeping this challenge going! I really wish I were more motivated. The only excuse I have is that my foot still hurts like heck at the end of the day, but it's not too bad in the mornings, so...that means that tomorrow I AM going to get up at 6am and ride the bike for at least 15 minutes. My challenge minutes for this week WILL have some results! I am going to go for 100 minutes since it's been so long since I have done any exercise (unless you count leisure bike rides with DD and playing at the playground and all the walking I do at work, etc!)

Hugs to all of you! If I made comments, I would be here all morning...but I must go shower and get ready for work!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #426  
Bound and Determined

Good morning chickies!

Yesterday was not great, but not bad. We ended up staying out until almost 9, then finally eating dinner after we got home, so no exercise. And I didn't even find any bowling shoes! Steve is going to order some for me. Today breakfast was perfectly OP, my packed lunch is OP (leftover French onion soup without the cheese, a salad with FF Greek dressing and a bit of leftover chicken), apple for a snack. We're going out to dinner, but we're going to this little place we love called Black Bear Burritos. They're not exactly burritos, they're more like fajitas, and you get to choose exactly what goes into them, and they cook everything fairly healthy and it's all organic and there's very little fatty cheesy saucy stuff involved, so dinner will be fine. Then we're going bowling again and will probably be home late, so that will have to count for my exercise this evening. Since it's only Steve and I playing tonight, I will have to be much more active than I was the other night when there were a lot of people and a lot of sitting.

Steve has decided to "broaden our range" for the house. I knew he would. He's going in today to find out all about the job and do paperwork and so forth. I'm still researching houses.

Bah... work. Have a good day, chickies! AND STAY OP!!!
~Elisha
Old 10-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #427  
Bound and Determined

Hehe... can I just say that I love seeing that little weight tracker thingy in my signature NOT saying 213?! It's been 213 since I set it up! NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Good morning

Today is mission day. So far OP .... I just got up and am having my coffee All kidding aside, today will be OP. Exercise plans have changed tho.... We are having a teacher strike here to I volunteered to keep the boys over so DD did'nt have to be concerned about them during the day. But the plan is to go to the pool this afternoon ... where I will swim laps whilst they play on the water slide... or if I go on the water slide it does involve MEGA stairs to get there. But I must do some filling and painting this morning before we go. I have a feeling this may be a long post (since I was AWOL yesterday) so I better get on with it.

Quote:

THE BIG FINISH WEEKLY EXERCISE MINUTES MINI-CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER 10-16th

Joy - 315
Julie - 100
MsRD - ????
Elisha - 225
TBJ - 130
Betani - 200
GROUP TOTAL: 960
Elisha WHOO HOOO YAY So happy for you. That two pounds is definately GONE FOREVER. Maybe you could change your weight tracker so that logging "that other number" is not an option. Have a great dinner tonight.... life does go on and we CAN make positive choices....
Julie Missed you chickie. I know I get the TV bug too, especially now with the new season ... with that and along with the computer... sure kills alot of time off that could be better spent exercising or crafting or whatever. Sounds like stationary biking is just what you need (with your foot being sore) but remember you can keep the tension down so your knees wont hurt... and you'll still be moving.
TBJ Just keep those GREEN DAYS coming. It does feel great to be OP, funny how we sometimes forget that when we feel low. My WW leader used to say nothing tastes as good as thin feels ... we could change it to nothing taste better than SUCCESS feels. (I know I don't necessarily want to be thin - just healthy).
Betani Way to Go with staying within your calories. At this stage of your game ... that's all you need to do. Keep mindful of your calories and exercise. As far as the buget goes... I'm sure there's lots of sites on line that can help you, but as a start... 1. figure out what's coming in as far as income. 2. Calculate from an average of your past six months your outgoing expenses. 3. See what's left. 4. Don't forget to allow payments to yourself for clothing, entertainment, savings, gifts, emergency and retirement funds. Better to make a budget that's livable that one that is so rigid that it will become a failure. (just like dieting) I hope that this is a help. ... I'm not an expert but have lots of life experience (okay... so I'm old).
MsRd YOU HOOO Where are you chickadee Let us know what's happening with you. I miss you.....
I, JOY, do hereby commit myself to making healthful changes in my body during the next 12 weeks and beyond. I am undertaking this adventure in order to lose weight, decrease my body fat, strengthen and tone my muscles, make my body stronger and healthier, and make my life longer and fuller. I will follow the 12-week plan, and I will incorporate other healthy strategies as well. I will eat right, I will exercise, and I will drink plenty of water. There will be times when I slip, but I will get right back on track. I will not allow minor setbacks to deter me. I will accomplish my goals.
Have a great day everywon (I accidentally typed it... a feudian slip... but hey it works for me)

Last edited by JoyG56; 10-11-2005 at 01:53 PM.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #429  

I'm here!
Sorry for the absence....this has been, and is going to be, quite a busy week! I just start making to-do lists to keep myself on schedule!

Joy.....It was kind of hard to look back over this challenge, because I really didn't feel like I have accomplished much. Even though I have not dropped major pounds, I have to say that I do feel better with the increased physical activity......I noticed it when we were cutting (hauling, throwing,stacking) wood this week.

TBJ.....And thank you for introducing Beatrice the bouncing banana to our little group. Am I to understand that this rockin' fruit can also turn schizo and attack.....when we fail to maintain our committment?

Elisha.....You are having an awesome week! Those 4 pounds are gone forever.....Steve has a fantastic new job.....

Betani.....Weekends are always so hard...probably because our schedules are different than the weekdays. But you did great.....kept those calories well within bragging range!

Julie....Good job on packing those leftovers into work! I do that all the time......and my co-workers just think I am spoiling them!

Hmmm.....put me down for 180 exercise minutes again.....I did 30 yesterday, so will just have to keep going.......30/180

Must be getting late, as my brain has turned to oatmeal....Night Chickies
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:54 AM   #430  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Hump Day!

Good Morning Chickies,
This morning I got up extra early...at 6am (and THAT IS early for me, especially with my new LATE schedule to go into work!)...Made coffee, cleaned up the kitchen (which I left last night because I went to bed early!) woke up a bit and then did some stretches and toning exercises. So you can put me down for 15 minutes of exercise so far today!

Yesterday was NOT an OP day. Foiled by the call of pizza at lunch time!! I had my Slimfast all mixed and ready to go and went to check on my work partner about something...and lo and behold...the rest of the "diet crew" were having pizza...I caved and had 2 slices! Yikes! I swore I was not going to have supper last night either! DD wanted spaghetti, so I whipped up a batch of it and it smelled so good...I had a small serving and a slice of garlic bread (ok 2 slices!) Did not get in enough water as I awoke parched this morning AND I did not get in any exercise! So...I am going to try again today for an OP day! I think I need to make my goal a little different by saying instead of "staying away from processed sugars & flour..." I will eat at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies today! That way I will be more focused about what I CAN have vs. what I am depriving myself of! Does that make sense?
Afterall, goals are supposed to be POSITIVE, not negative, right?

I've got some time this morning for comments...which are waaaaay overdue!

MsRD...Glad to have you back with us. Ihear you on the list making! Mine is endless. Some days I just can't even get to write things down. That's when I have a "bad" day!

Joy...Did I read that you are on vacation again??? Wow girl...you must have a LOT of years in where you work!!! Either that, or you have a very nice boss! Swimming is a great idea. My problem with swimming is...well, er...the shaving business! I have a LOT of hair to shave and it takes soooo much time to do it. It annoys me, but it is a necessary evil if I want to swim. I know it is good exercise and I would probably put more effort into finding a local pool if I didn't have the "hair issue"! Annoying!

Elisha...Congrats to Steve on the new job! Yea!!!!! Ya know...sometimes things happen for a reason (Karma and all that)...and maybe you not getting that house that you wanted was the plan all along! There's a house out there that's just right for you and Steve! I'm sure of that! Keep up the good work with the losses! Way to go!

TBJ...I love your Beatrice the Bouncing Banana idea. We really needed something to get us going...maybe Beatrice is it!!!

Betani...I have confidence that you can get that budget set up! One of the things I learned about budgets is keep it simple! Start with the small bills first! Get them out of the way! Don't forget your savings acct.! Hang in there! ((((((((((Betani))))))))))

Hope this finds everyone having a great day! Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM   #431  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Well, well, let's see. Calories were around 1880 yesterday, as we ended up ordering chips and guacamole with our nice healthy dinner (and you know how I am with guacamole!). Other than that I was OP all day. OH, and a mini Hershey after lunch because I was having a wicked chocolate craving. But I don't really count that as being off-plan too much, as my plan is to NOT deprive myself completely and end up binging later.

We bowled for about 1.5 hours at a fairly quick pace, so I am counting it at 45 minutes of actual exercise for me. I worked up a sweat, so it counts, darn it! And I certainly could feel my muscles working!

Steve found out that his job is here in town, so that is good. I don't know where we're at as far as housing is concerned. I think now we're going to look in the vicinity of this town (we had been looking in the next town, about 15 minutes away, just because it's so much cheaper), but probably on the outskirts. Houses are ridiculously expensive here. We're still weighing our options.

I dyed my hair back to brown last night, but a little darker than my natural color. And I still have highlights, and now they're a nice golden caramel colors rather than yellow. I'm loving this color right now!

Today... uh, not so good food-wise so far. I didn't weigh this morning. I think I am going to follow Julie's lead and make my goal to get in plenty of fruits and veggies. I think a large part of the reason the Dr. Phil diet works for me (when I stick to it) is that I eat fruit and veggies and less other crap. So my goal today is to get in 3 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit. Potatoes do NOT count!

I also need to cut back on the carbs. I do so much better without them. But how I love them! They do not, however, love me. Or perhaps they love me a little too much, as they tend to stick around, more specifically around my tummy!

I realized that if we are going on this cruise this spring (which we ARE!), I need to really crack down and get in shape. I've never looked good in a bathing suit before, and I don't want to be uncomfortable and self-conscious in front of all of those people. I want to be able to enjoy myself.

Somebody dig out that tazer!

Anyway, I need to get to work. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Good morning

Food was okay yesterday (unit the midnight episode - more about that later). I managed to get some filling done and took the boys swimming. I did 20 lengths and puddled around in the water with them. I'm going to count it as 45 minutes of exercise (we were there for two hours). Food was great - under 1500 calories including dessert .... until ... tired ... at the strike of 12 I hit the cheddar cheese and crackers in a BIG way. Ended up being 24something. Today is going well so far, and I "pledge" right here - right now - that I will not eat after everyone else is in bed.

MsRd I hear you about looking back over this challenge. Feeling better in your lifestyle is a major accomplishment though. You are getting healthy. That's a real bonus . When I looked back I thought that I hadn't accomplished much but when I thought about the habits I had established. I have made some positive gains. Alas not weight changes but hopefully the new habits, using fitday (journalling and activity & food tracking) and walking during my breaks will lead me in the right direction. I was not eating in the evening...gotta get back on that one.
Julie I usually put lots of extra veggies in my speghetti (or make it veggie style) You can put in lots of things like spinach, carrots and zuchini (all of which are in season right now) which adds to the veggie servings. Do you use whole wheat pasta? Helpful hint, measure the pasta ... don't worry about the sauce. Sometimes I use those spiral pasta because they hold more sauce. I hear you about the hair issue - I didn't notice until it was too late yesterday... luckily for me most of my hair is fair - I tend to notice it more than others.... but yes ... that's another todo on my list too. I was in the habit of doing it on Sunday mornings so I didn't have to worry about it but since September I haven't bothered. Back to that habit too I guess if I'm going to go swimming. Yes, I do gets lots of vacation... I have been with my employer for 30 years and get 8 weeks. I try to spread it out over the year.
DH only gets 5 weeks so I get some "alone time" which I really appreciate. That was supposed to be the case right now ... but with the teachers' strike it was nice to be able to have the boys over. You know pizza is not such a bad thing... next time opt for one piece (pick thin crust veggie if you can) and enjoy it with your "diet crew". izza:
Elisha At least guacamole is "kinda" good for you It's great that you're getting into a healthy lifestyle and getting your exercise in a FUN way and sharing time with people you love. That's what is all about. It's nice that you finally know where Steve's job will be and you can start looking for houses again. Have you considered viewing the house purchase as an investment. If you can manage afford the house in the "prime" area the property will definately hold it's value and with the cost of fuel these days you could save money in the long run.

Quote:

THE BIG FINISH WEEKLY EXERCISE MINUTES MINI-CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER 10-16th

Joy - 45/315
Julie - 15/100
MsRD - 30/180
Elisha - 45/225
TBJ - 130
Betani - 200
GROUP TOTAL: 960
Well, the boys are pulling at the reins to take the dogs for a walk ... off I go.

Hugs everyone

Last edited by JoyG56; 10-12-2005 at 02:31 PM.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #433  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Hubby and I are in the process of signing a contract for our temporary housing for after we move. It's so exciting... can't wait to be in a new place. What do you all think about the idea of changing up my eating plan when Hubby and I move? Do you think it would be good to try something new in a new place, or to stay with old habits? I'm thinking the former...

Ah, this morning was supposed to be rainy, and I would have had to unload boxes in the downpour. Fortunately there was no rain, and work was *a lot* more pleasant as a result.

Joy and Julie -- Heh heh, hair. Funny how it creeps up on you... you don't notice until immediately before an occasion that requires hair removal, then it's too late! I went in for a wax on the day that I was going to start water aerobics, but then realized that I would still be red that evening, and it would look just as bad to be red in a certain area as it would look to be hairy.

Elisha -- Hey, it's good that you have a bathing-suit related goal. You could do what the lady in the yogurt commercial does -- the one in which the woman pins a bikini to her wall, by her scale, and keeps looking at the bikini for inspiration as she continues to eat a healthy diet (which, of course, includes yogurt ). Week after week she loses weight, and then in the end, all we see by her scale is a hanger on the wall, with no bikini on it.

Seventeen more days until I move...
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #434  

Evening all!

It has been a busy day.....every project included 4 interruptions and it is a miracle that I got anything done. I had a meeting after work with the nice bank lady (MOm's stuff) and then an antique car board dinner meeting. Tomorrow, I have another busy day at work and a dentist appointment; after work, I have to pick up a birthday present for DGS, stop and see Mom on the way home and swing by the grocery store. (With gas prices so high, I am really trying to consolidate trips......which makes for a long day!) And yes, I am taking my vitamins!

Julie....I have been stumped by my eating plan also. It is really out of control.....especially in the evening. I haven't been journalling, so this week is probably the time to start.

Elisha....I am so glad that Steve's new job is in your town....that will mean less upheaval in the long run. Don't narrow your options too much in house-hunting.....keep an open mind.....and what do they always say.....the worst house in the best location!

Joy....Another one plagued by the midnight munchies! What do we do to get this under control? If we put our heads together, we will come up with a solution before Beatrice the Bouncing Banana discovers our sins!

TBJ.....You must be so excited about moving into a new area. there will be so much to learn and explore! Definitely try a new eating plan.....will your new home have its own local cuisine to sample?

Getting late, chickies......add another 30 minutes exercise today......make it 60/180...slowly but surely!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #435  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

This morning I reminded myself of why I weigh daily: If I see my weight going up a little, I know I'm letting myself get too far away from the diet plan and that I need to tighten the reins. So, you guessed it, this morning I was up a bit to 212.6. It briefly flashed to 213.0 when I first stepped on, but then it adjusted itself. *whew!* That was a close one!

But it scared me. I'm NOT going back there, I WON'T, not ever!

And it also showed me just how easy it is to gain, especially compared to how hard it is to lose. That's not fair! But alas, such is life. I know I have to keep a constant watch, or I will end up paying for it.

So, as a result, breakfast this morning was the most perfectly OP breakfast I've had in a long time. And I've got a perfectly OP lunch and some perfectly OP snacks with me today. I don't know about dinner yet, I think Mom might be making spaghetti, but I will work in some veggies so it is as close to OP as possible, and limit my portion to the reasonable size.

So yesterday was a little bad. I did manage to get in my 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies--unfortunately most of the veggies were in the form of fried green tomatoes (the last for this year, which I suppose is a good thing).

Bah... work. Have a good day, chickies!
~Elisha