Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #361  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

I have to leave in just a few minutes, so I only have time for a quick note. I won't be around today or tomorrow--company meeting in Pittsburgh.

This past couple of days went ok, calorie-wise, but not a lot of exercise. I did walk the hill on Saturday, so at least that is something. My weight is back to where it was before my trip, so that is good. I had my blood drawn this morning so they can check my cholesterol and so forth, so I should know about that in a few days.

MsRD and TBJ--Congrats on your losses! WTG!

Everyone else, I'll have comments on Wednesday!

Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Morning Chickies

I weighted in this morning and I am rid of that evil 5 pounds that crept back on.

I'll be away so I'm not going to participate in any mini challenges, but you guys should go ahead and do me proud while I'm away.

I'm not going to put up this weeks tips "carte blanche" but you all know where to find them and can discuss some of the issues during the week if you want (not sure if what I was doing was against forum policies for posting links or advertisements).

Well I've got a room to finish painting before we go tomorrow so I better run.
  1. I WILL get in 30 minutes of exercise everyday.
  2. I WILL watch my portions and be mindful of what I am eating
  3. I WILL drink 6-8 glasses of water everyday
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:55 AM   #363  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone --

Just checking in. We've slowed a bit...

Joy -- Hope you are having fun while you're out of town. Congrats on losing those 5 lbs.

Elisha -- Hope your blood tests turn out well, at least they will give you info on your health.

I did box aerobics on Saturday. The Saturday class was a lot easier than the Wednesday class. I sweated a lot, but didn't feel like the class upped my heartrate very much. I'm going to keep with the Wednesday class and find something else to do on Saturdays.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:20 PM   #364  

I'm baaaacccckkkk!!!

Hi there everyone. I have been reading all of the posts and yahooing, etc., appropriately, (hopefully you all felt the vibes). Sorry I haven't posted.

The last couple of weeks haven't been so good - I have gained back 3 pounds. I won't beat myself up - it is water under the bridge. The good news is - I'm back on track. I started writing everything down again and I think this really helps me. Someone had a spreadsheet that I would like to have to try out.

One good habit that I have kept during this challenge is not eating late at night. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and eat then!

Take care everyone.
Aunty EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #365  

Hello all!

Where does the time go? Sometimes I just think life has me by the collar and is dragging me along! I was called for jury duty this week and next......I went in today, but was not picked for a jury, so was excused. It was interesting anyway, and a break in routine. There are no court cases the rest of this week......so don't have to go back until next Tuesday & Wednesday.

TBJ.....Congratulations on selling the house! Remember that a house is just that.....a house.....wood and windows and shingles. The thing that makes it a home is inside your head......all the memories and stuff......and that is the stuff that you take with you when you move.

Joy.....Down 5 pounds and starting vacation....now that's where I want to be! Have a wonderful time!

Elisha....Hope your Pittsburgh meeting was successful. What did you do to stay on plan on your trip? Did the hotel have an exercise room or pool you could use?

AuntyEm.....I knew I was feeling positive vibes from someone.....must have been you! I have never been able to conquer the eating late at night thing! I have tried to cut it out entirely or set time limits (no eating after 8pm) or substituting something healthy....nothing works!

I have been out of sync this week.......water has been good, food ok (I have not been journalling, so I can only guess), but exercise is non-existent. Gotta get this thing jump started before I start gaining again! Anybody seen that tazer?
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #366  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Well, the meeting. Bleh. I don't know what to say about that. It wasn't geared toward me at all, being the lower-level grunt that I am in this company. But hey, lots of food, posh hotel, and I got paid for it. No exercise though--no time. I helped with some of the meeting organizational stuff, so I was on my feet and running around from 6:00am until about 11:00pm on Monday (excluding travel time--about 1.5 hours), and then again on Tuesday from about 6:00am until 5:00pm. I was so tired when I got home, and 5 minutes later Mom asked what I was making for dinner. Grrr.... Steve and I went out for dinner. Chicken wings and a shared order of onion rings, both of which I brought home leftovers from. And a diet coke to drink. This morning I am only up 0.4 pounds, which is probably from not drinking enough water. I'll fix that today.

Grandma is coming to stay with us today, Mom thinks for a few days. She's going in for tests this afternoon. I should have the results of my blood tests back in the next couple of days, but they didn't call me, so nothing's bad enough to be concerned about. Steve got called back for a second interview, and they say they're wanting to hire within the next two weeks, but we did find out something bad about this job--he'd have to start on night shift, at least for a little while. He wants the job anyway, because it'll pay more and have better benefits, and at least we'd have weekends together and he'd have a foot in the door. And I wouldn't have to listen to him snoring and keeping me awake!

I just can't seem to get with it today. I've forgotten so much already, and the day has barely begun. I even forgot my glasses! I mean, I can still see, but geez! And I left my tweezers at the hotel... It takes forever to find a good pair of tweezers. *sigh* OK, so maybe that's a silly thing to worry about.

Umm... anything else? We're attempting to see some more houses this week. I feel such a rush now. I want to be moved before Christmas, but the way things are going I'm not feeling entirely confident. I'm not liking my job much right now. I'm feeling a bit trapped after that meeting. It was all "build your career here" and "we're in this for the long haul" yada yada yada. That's all well and good, but I'm in this for the money, and only until I have kids, then I'm out. And I really don't feel like being here today, but alas, here I am. I do feel like getting paid.

Comments (a few anyway):

MsRD: We all did really well for a couple of weeks, then it went downhill. We're women, we move in cycles. We both need to get back on track. Somebody pass that tazer around!

Eva: You're moving in cycles like the rest of us! But the important thing is to get back on track, so you're doing good. And WTG on kicking the late night eating habit! That's what this is all about--making small changes to form new, healthy habits. Good job!

TBJ: Box aerobics? Is that like kickboxing? What was the class on Wednesday that really got your heart pumping?

Joy: I hope you're having a wonderful time on your vacation!

Julie, Betani, Lucia, Kari, and anyone else out there: YOOHOO!!! Where are you?!?

OK, enough rambling from me for now. Have a good day, chickies!
~Elisha
Old 09-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #367  

Well! How rude! I just finished writing a big thing and it's gone!

Here goes again without the fluff - we sprang out of bed at 5:25 - the alarm didn't go off! I ran out of the house to get hubby cash and fuel up the car while he got ready at home. Today is his first day as an extra in a movie and he is a diabetic so we had to have him all set to go. Bad start to a busy day, but now he can relax on the drive up there, (about 1 1/2 hours). And.... I have the day all to myself! I like that every once in a while. I have already had one glass of water and am just about to make breaky.

MsRD & Elisha - that tazer sounds like just what I need too!

So, home without a car today will make me go out and do some walking and It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day here!

I wish everyone a really good day.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #368  

Hello all!

Today is the last day of summer and it was just so lovely. I went out at lunchtime and it was soooo hard to come back to the office!

Elisha.....Sorry the meeting wasn't what you expected. Try to glean something good out of the situation, even if it is only a night away in a luxury hotel! Don't set a time limit on finding a house.....it is a painstaking, frustrating process and you are only setting yourself up for failure if you have a specific date in mind.

Aunty Em.....You are married to a movie star? Incredible! Anyone we know?

Interesting thought that we move in cycles.....it makes all the ups and downs seem so natural. Maybe this 'down' won't last forever - in fact, I know it won't because I have my exercise shoes on......Leslie, here I come!
Old 09-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #369  

MsRD - My hubby is just an extra in a movie - there was a casting call for tall men with long hair who looked like Vikings. My hubby fits the description exactly! He is good looking enough to be a movie star!!!! The movie he is working on is called Pathfinder - Karl Urban is the star.

Today was a lovely day wasn't it!

The cycle thing makes sense to me - how do we get off?

I am walking down to the library tomorrow and taking out a copy 9f the WATP video, (if they have it).

Elisha - good luck on the house hunting. It sounds like you have your priorities right on! Everything will come together the way it is supposed to. You sound like such a nice person - karma will jump in and help out.

Gotta go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow. Take care and be nice to yourselves.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #370  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Where is everyone? Heelllllooooooo!!!!!

I know Joy is on vacation, but what about the rest of you? Get your butts in here and post, even if it's just to say you don't have time to post!

Me, I don't know. Food was good until dinner yesterday, then I lost it. After dinner I downed about half of a large bag of peanut butter M&M's. I ended up at right around 2050 calories. I'm glad I did well earlier in the day. And water was good.

Today for lunch I brought my leftover onion rings and chicken wings from Tuesday night. Steve and I are going to look at another house tonight, so we may be eating out (although I don't know how, as neither of us has any money until tomorrow). And a friend of mine from VA is coming to town tonight and wants us to go to the martini bar. I'd like to go, but I have no money to drink, which is probably a good thing.

Tomorrow night Steve and I are going to Applebee's. I got a gift certificate for helping with the company meeting. I'll try to eat healthy.

Exercise... I don't know. Saturday. I have to clean Saturday. I'm so fustrated with my room at the moment. No matter what I do it never seems to get/stay clean. I can't wait until we move. I hope we get a house soon and can get it reasonably quickly.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time playing around already this morning. Have a good day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #371  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm here!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted. I honestly have not felt like posting! Just nothing really earth shattering to say! I guess our lives DO move in cycles...

I have NOT been exercising! I have had every intention of doing it every morning for the last two weeks and have only gotten in one day plus a hike on Saturday at the dunes while we were camping. It's just been something every day. I know it's no excuse, but it's the truth! I am not making exercise a priority and that stinks! I have lots of reasons...my knees have really been aching so much that I have resorted to wearing my knee braces to work if I wear long pants (just can't do it with shorts)! My foot hurts every single day and I'm sick of having pain in my body! I'd love to feel like the woman on the Runner's ad which pops up here on occasion. Just running along as if there is no struggle...

But the truth of it is...it IS a struggle!! It's a struggle for me to climb the steps in my house everyday without pain which is causing me to become winded as well because I am soooo out of shape! I know this and well...frankly I just don't know what to do about it! Swimming is my next step, but there is really no place that I am aware of that I can swim nearby. There's probably the Y for an astronomical fee...or a gym! I'd love to be riding my bike, but it kills the knees! I'm so tired of it...I just want to give up!

So...I have been trying to focus on the diet hoping that will drop a few pounds which might help the pain in the long run! I'm not doing so well with that either! Hubby has started a new regimen and is trying (YEA) to drop some weight. He's doing the slim fast thing, so I said I would join him in that for breakfast. I just can't go all day without something substantial. He is doing great...lost 5# in a week! Grrrrrr! I will weigh in on Tuesday. My weigh in at work on Tuesday was 177#. I'm not happy at all about that, but hopefully I can drop a few soon! I don't have a plan, which is part of my problem. We are just eatin more healthy at home at night with a meat & salad or veggie. Just trying to be more conscious of what we put in our mouths!

Today was our monthly birthday party at work! You know how I dread them! I did have some icecream (about 1/2 cup, really!) but as much as I fought with having a piece of cake, I only took a bite of it! I had to leave it and it was gone when I came back (angels!)...Water has been good and I am averaging about 60-70 oz. a day. I went to lunch with my partner at work today and had a double cheese olive burger and fries! YIKES! Not a good day at all! Tomorrow we are selling donuts at work and I have to go buy them. Not sure how much will power I am going to have in the morning! Send some my way, ok???

Sorry this is so long and rambling...

Elisha...I will send you some good vibes that this house thing works out for you as you desire! I am sure it is frustrating. Sometimes we have to take a look at why things don't happen and maybe, just maybe...they are for a reason. I know that's not what you want to hear, but consider it and when you look back at all of this you might just say "aha"!! Glad you enjoyed a night a nice hotel for that meeting. I have always enjoyed those kinds of "all inclusive-paid for" stays! With the way the economy is going, I haven't seen one of those weekends/nights in about 8 years!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Eva...what part of the country do you live in? A movie star, right in our presence! Wow! Impressive! Glad you enjoyed your day! It rained here today, but cooler weather is on it's way! I love FALL!!

MsRD...I'm glad you enjoyed yesterday too! I was outside as often and as long as I could be. today...another story! Rain, which we desperately need!

TBJ...box aerobics! Sounds intriguing! Kick butt, girl!

Betani...hope that ice cream is gone by now! What kind of apples did you buy? I love the Honey Crisp...do they have them where you are? I live in Michigan, so apples in the fall are a MUST!

Joy...Hope you are enjoying your vacation! Can't wait to have you back! We need remotivation...

Maybe we can have a "last week of the month" challenge!! Anyone on? How about a mini exercise challenge? That might light a fire under my butt! I will do 20-30 minutes (aerobics) a day/4 days next week (we can count the 1st & 2nd, too!)

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #372  

Hello!

Wow......10pm here and it seems like it is the first time I have stopped all day! I was up at 6:30am....had breakfast, did some laundry and commuted in to work. Work was....well, once I get the Cash Rec to balance life will be good again! After work, I had a hair appointment, then stop at the bank and on to the store to pick up some things for Mom and then stopped to visit Mom. I picked up some groceries on the way home.....really had to skedaddle to get home before the last thunderstorm hit. DH had a meeting tonight, so I decided to bake his favorite cookies and surprise him....poor dear, he truly suffers from not having snackies in the house.....a couple more load of laundry, some phone calls and.......I have landed!

AuntyEm.....Let us know when the movie will come out.....we'll see if we can pick out your Viking king!

Elisha.....I used to live on M&Ms.....everyday for lunch.....which could be one reason I am in this place today. I hear you on the housecleaning.....I had everything neat and tidy for guests last weekend, but it is starting to pile up again, so time for me to get out the shovel and the can of Lysol!

Julie.....Sorry you are having such a rough time of it.....we have all had our struggles with one aspect of our plan or another. I have come to the conclusion that I have to exercise at my own pace and according to my own abilities (disabilities?)......which means, if I can't keep up with Leslie, that's ok. When Leslie doubles the pace or goes into knee lift overdrive.....and I can't keep up, I just substitute an easier step. I'm still moving and won't do more damage to my body by testing it beyond its limits. Swimming is a wonderful idea for exercise......check your local high schools that have swimming pools.....our district has a set schedule for 'adult swim time'. In the meantime, get out the journal and starting writing down everything positive you are doing in a day......just because you haven't got the entire plan on track doesn't mean that you are not making very positive steps every day.

A 'last week of the month' challenge is a super idea! Starting Sunday, I will do a minimum of 15 minutes with Leslie.....and will boost it to 30 minutes by mid-week. Who else is going to join us? Let's end this month by charging back on track!

Last edited by MsRD; 09-22-2005 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:37 AM   #373  

What a great idea on the "Last Week of the Month Challenge". I'm in - I think this is just what we all need right now. It does get really hard once in a while doesn't it!

Julie: If you can find some water aerobics in your area I think you would really enjoy that! You keep cool while you are exercising, the water resists and acts like weights during the moves and you don't hurt your knees in the process. I hope you can find this - I have done this before and it works out really well. The only thing I don't like is getting chlorine in my hair - I COULD were a bathing cap I guess.....

I have been good all day - I exercised twice - I walked to the store and back, (about 45 mintues), then tonight I met a friend and we walked 5 laps around the track. I do have a problem however..... With Halloween coming there are candies everywhere!!!!! I have a package of "Creepy Peepers Mix". They are chocolate eyeballs with peanut butter cream or fudge in the middle. I have been writing down whenever I have one but this is my downfall. I have to get past needing the sweets. I can eat 5 in a row and feel kind of sick, then when I feel better I go back for more. As I was buying them at the store I was arguing with myself about getting them. I knew it was wrong and bad, but couldn't seem to stop myself. The sad thing is - I REALLY DO WANT AND NEED TO LOOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!

Julie: I live in British Columbia on the coast. We have been having beautiful weather lately. I love the Fall as well - I like it a bit cooler and it is so pretty when the leaves start changing color. I am on vacation this week and next so I am really enjoying the time off. I plan to paint our spare room - 3 color blocks (taupe on the ceiling and 15" down the wall, then a chocolate brown in the middle 40" area and finally all around with the bottom in a tobacco color). I have LOTS of animal print things so that is what the fabrics, ornaments, pictures etc. will be. I sure hope it looks nice. I have all the lines drawn now so I just have to get going on the painting.

My hubby wasn't a Viking today afterall - he ended up being an extra on the X-Men 3 movie. He is in the background as a mutant. I think he is having fun with all of this. It will all be over once he starts back at work, (he is locked out). He is back to being a Viking again tomorrow.

Anyway, I should go off to bed. I am sending out good vibes to all of you.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #374  
Bound and Determined

Morning chickies!

Julie, you're on for that mini-challenge! I'm going to get in 30+ minutes of exercise 5 times next week, so that's 150 minutes. Should we keep a group total?
I'm going to give myself a reward for this one too, since that seemed to work so well in August. If I exercise 5 days next week, I get the Madeleine Peyroux cd I've been wanting for months.

Well, yesterday was not so good. Bad food all day (though not too much, so I guess that is a good thing), and then we went out for martinis. A couple friends of mine are visiting from VA, so we had to go see them, right? And it's not like I go out drinking very often, so I'm not too upset about it. And I am down 0.2 lbs this morning, which is surprising--usually the morning after I have alcohol I am up about 3 pounds. But I did drink lots of water yesterday.

Anyway, we're going grocery shopping tonight. I've decided that I'm going to do Dr. Phil's Rapid Start diet. He's got 14 days of menus that seem fairly well-balanced and still simple and tasty enough for me to eat. I just want some structure right now. And that will mean I don't eat out as much, which would be good. I'll be eating out twice today, and probably once tomorrow, and we've still got to make it to Applebee's at some point (probably a weekday to avoid the rush), but other than that I've got to start limiting my restaurant patronage. I don't need the calories, and I don't need to spend the money.

Anyway, I need to get to work. Update my signature, journal entry, then work work work. Have a good day, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #375  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I'm not going insane, I'm not going insane, I'm not going insane, I'm not going insane. I'm not going insane, I'm not going insane...

...Because I'm already there!

(I wish you all could hear the tune to that one. Hubby wrote that little ditty.)

Sorry I've been AWOL lately. Let's see, what's been going on...

Hubbster and I got into an enormous blow out of a fight over Corningware.

That cough of mine is still bad, and I'll have to go back to the doctor again.

The day my partner in crime at work went on vacation, we got 30 boxes of books that I will have to invoice and receive by myself, leading to a donut and chocolate cake attack.

I came up with the lamest excuse in the world not to exercise yesterday: It was thundering outside when I woke up, and I figured that I didn't want to be in the shower in case there was any lightning.

So much is going on at once that I feel like I'm drowning. I'm having a lot of trouble separating things out in order to focus on one thing at a time.

Hikein, I was too late for the Honey Crisp apples. I was so sad! Not many people grow them around us. I did get Rubenettes, though, and they are delicious. I'm looking forward to the Winesaps.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote