Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hello chickies

MsRD - hope you're finished with that sinus headache - those can be such a pain (pardon the pun) Make sure to put your feet up and relax - you sure deserve. I'm sure your MIL and/or Mom (are they the same person?) appreciates your heartfelt assistance. I'm partial to those buffalo and blue cheese chicken sandwiches at McD's/ I'm sure the eating the sandwiches are probably better than some other choices you could make there.

Elisha - that scale is just heading in the right direction for you. : YAY
I think it must be interesting to look through houses, we never did that. We built our first house and this one too. It is probably a good thing because you can see what works and what doesn't - we've made some compromises along the way. What did you find out about the Wendy's salads? Which one is the best according to nutritional values and calories - or is it just calories and fat that count? I know you use fitday, I was trying to figure out what the percentages of carbohydrates, fats, protiens etc. should be in my diet... any suggestions.

Today was a very rainy day. Not able to really do anything outside without getting soaked. Running from the van to the store door was enough for me. I managedd to get some light housework done this morning and shopping all afternoon at Costco and Home Depot. Alas, no shopping for new and exciting clothing for me.

Had porridge oats, plain NF yogurt and low-cal blackberry jelly (that I made) for breakfast. Ended up eating about 3/4 of a chicken bake and (count'em) five french fries and some light lemonaide for lunch. Dinner was barbequed venison tenderloin (YUM) and whole wheat penne pasta with spinach and alfredo sauce and roasted garlic and a salad made from fresh tomoto (from the garden) olive oil, crumbled feta cheese and S&P.

I cheated and watched Survivor at 5pm (out of Detriot) so now the evening is mine. Doesn't look like there will be any "real" exercise today.

I've been puttering around with fitday which I think I'm finally getting to work for me the way I want it. I've made some guesses ie, a chicken bake equals a chicken & cheese burito ?? I have been logging my activities (lots of lawn mowing yesterday and the day before). Calories are coming in between 1400 - 1600 per day. I have been really conscientious about watching my sugars and overeating. Hopefully. there will be some positive results on both the scale and the blood sugars.

Monday October 10th marks Thanksgiving for those of us who are Canadians. What are your plans for the festivities. Have you though about what you will eat and what you wont eat. Have you got a plan? I'm in the process of trying to figure out what to serve. Usually we raise turkeys for Thanksgiving, but were unable to this year and I don't think I can bring myself to go to the supermarket and BUY a frozen one. I guess I'm spoiled. Maybe we;ll do cornish hens stuff with wild rice or something like that... but some of the family thinks that's not tradition. We'll see... any suggestions.

I'm hoping we can start a group mini-challenge next Monday. I'm thinking more than one gets confusion - how about we go with exercise. I'm going to make 315 minutes my goal for next week October 3-9th.

The rest of you chickies... come out .... come out.... where ever you are.
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #392  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning ladies!

Yesterday was ok for me. I ended up having a Taco Bell Zesty Chicken Border Bowl with no dressing for lunch (500 cal). Those things need more lettuce. I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but it's true! I did research the fast food salads, and most of them still have absurd amounts of calories, seriously, like 750-800 calories for a salad! McDonald's grilled chicken salads were lower than Burger King, Arby's, and Wendy's, and their dressings were lower-calorie too. The Taco Bell salad was ridiculous also, but the border bowl was ok without the dressing. I used the Border Sauce instead, and it didn't even need much of that, so I figure it would be just fine without the dressing. I could have ordered it Fresco Style and saved a few more calories, but I wanted the beans on there for some staying power. I also had some baked Cheetos as a snack, and Steve made me a cheeseburger and fries for dinner when we got back from seeing houses (1 good, 1 not). Not terrible though. Calories came at 18-- something or other. And to think, a few weeks ago 1800 was good!

I did manage to get in 40 minutes on the stairclimber, an UB circuit, and some crunches while I was watching CSI. And plenty of water.

OH, and Steve's parents gave us their tickets to the WVU football game tomorrow! I haven't been to a football game in years, I'm so excited! Steve is taking the afternoon off so we can go. Yay! Unfortunately, football stadiums don't serve the healthiest of foods, and water is like $4 a bottle, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take things into the stadium with me. We'll see.

I have nothing planned for tonight except for exercise, so hopefully I'll get to play with the horse a while and take some pictures. She's so friendly! As I was walking to my car this morning I said "Good morning, Argo!" and she whinnied at me and came running to the front of the stall for me to pet her. I patted her on the neck and nose then she went back to eating, and I went on to my car. Now I want a horse of my very own! Wait until there's a barn, Elisha, then you can have a horse. Patience.

Yeah, so it's Friday, and I am very glad of that. The weather is beautiful. I'm going to a football game, perhaps the county fair, doing some laundry, and cooking this weekend.

OH, cooking, right. I'm up to 212.4 this morning, which means that I need to crack that whip and be a little more strict with the diet. I was doing well, and it was even easy and enjoyable for me. I was liking it and I was losing, and then I slacked off and started gaining again. So back to the diet! Breakfast was OP today, and snacks, but I brought a LC for lunch (didn't have time to make anything). Don't know about dinner, but I'll do the best I can. I SOOO want to make it back to Onederland!

Exercise, water, and eating right! Next stop, 199!

Joy--Eventually I do want to build a house, we just can't afford it right now. Once we're a little more established (and my credit is better), we'll build the house we really want. Most of the online fast food sites give pretty complete nutrition information for their food, not just fat and calories. It's everything you'd find on a label, typically. I really like it that you can get the nutritional value for meals by selecting more than one item so you can see different options. As for carbs/fats/proteins... well, that's different for everyone. I typically fall around 45% carbs, 30% fat, and 25% protein, but I'd like to switch around the fat and protein numbers.

MsRD: I have an appointment in December to check my weight loss progress with my doctor, but I don't know if we'll check my cholesterol again. Probably not until at least my yearly check-up in April. I keep thinking, if my cholesterol is this bad know, what was it like before? Eek. Sorry to hear about your headache, but glad you're feeling better! I get headaches all the time, so I sympathize.

OK, stuff to do before the weekend. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #393  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Another quick check in...

I've been reading posts, honestly, I just haven't had the time to comment this week. Hopefully next week, when my partner is back at work.

I'm having mixed emotions right now. My boss got me addicted to a new hobby, making bracelets with metal sliders. It's getting kinda expensive, but it keeps my mind off eating. Oh well. It's better than being addicted to drugs, I guess. I keep telling myself that they're going to be Christmas presents, but I don't know if I'll be able to part with them, come time...

Exercise has been ok, but there have been a couple days when I couldn't get myself up in time. I think I'm either not getting enough sleep, or I need to analyze my eating habits before bed. Perhaps a small glass of wine isn't good right before bed.

I'm secumbing to sweets too much lately. I don't know how to get that resolve back that I had for avoiding them. In this morning's case, though, I didn't want to hurt a co-worker's feelings. She wanted to do something nice for everybody since we're so short handed this week, so she baked fresh cinnamon rolls for all of us. If I hadn't splurged so much without reason on other days, I wouldn't have worried at all. I guess it's time to make more bracelets...

Yikes, time to get back to work.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:00 PM   #394  

Happy Friday!

We just got back from DD's house.......DGS was watching NickJr News the other day and they were reporting on the hurricanes. He must have been quite moved by the reports, as he went to his mother and said 'Mom, we have do do something to help those people.". So......he set up a table in the front yard and is selling gourds (from his mom's garden) and everything he gets will go to the Red Cross. So, DH and I had to go pick out our gourds tonight and leave our donation......DGS was so thrilled! He is a little sweetie.....just 5 years old!

Joy....It is hard to think of Thanksgiving, as we generally celebrate it in late November here in the States. Isn't it strange how families depend so much on tradition and are upset when someone tries to change it? I am all for an exercise challenge next week.....that is really where I need some work!......well, that and the food plan could be better.....and water has really been down too. Hmmmm.....let's just start with exercise.....k?

Elisha.....Have a wonderful time at the football game! Maybe you could plan to eat before the game, so you would not be starving there and succumbing to concession stand food? The Arby's here has a Martha's vineyard salad......delicious......and I think it is 350-calories (not counting the dressing)

Betani.....My co-workers are just as generous as yours! This morning, my work partner brought in chocolate sheet cake for a treat......I only had 1 small piece and fortunately the rest was gobbled up in a hurry, so I had no temptation with a second piece. Keeping making those bracelets.....hard to eat when your hands are busy!

Tomorrow evening, we have a neighborhood potluck &bonfire. It is an annual party and fun to see everyone. As with any potluck, the food choices could be good or bad.....and then there was the year that everyone brought desserts.....yikes! I found a new recipe for chicken salad.....with grapes & mandarin oranges & pecans....so will try that one out.
On Sunday, we are taking MIL up to a big family dinner about 80 miles away. She is so frail, and I worry that the trip may be too much for her......but she wants to see the family (aunts,cousins,assorted kidlets) so bad and I can't tell her no. We are all meeting at a buffet-style restaurant.....another challenge!
I will try in check in later this weekend......and come up with a suitable number of exercise minutes for the next week!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #395  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi Everyone!

Oh my...I haven't posted in almost a week! Gads! Sorry! The week has been busy with end of the month stuff at work and dealing with DD's issues at school, housekeeping, husband stuff...I'm just exhausted at the end of the night!

So here I am on Saturday morning with my cup of coffee trying to prioritize my day! And, of course...you all came first!! I just caught up on posts, so comments first!

Joy...Welcome back from vacation (better late than never on that!) Amazing how a vacation inspires us to really get going, eh?

MsRD...Your DGS sounds like a little sweetie! I'm so glad he is doing something. Isn't it amazing how sensitive they are. DD kept saying, we can give them money for food, Mommy! And one day she realized the kids weren't going to be sleeping in their own beds! That's not something I would have ever thought about! We donated some money (that we found cleaning out our camper...about $20.00 in change) to a local organziation that helps out with disasters. Anyway...sounds like you are just as busy with "Fall" stuff as I am! I find it difficult sometimes to prioritize and find time for myself, though...

Betani...Hobbies certainly keep the mind from wanting to eat! I sure wish I had time for them right now! We do some stuff with the residents at work, but Inever get to do any hobbies for myself (it's that prioritizing thing again!) Maybe someday! <Sigh>! I'll send you good vibes to get back to your old "good" habits, ok?!

Elisha...Oh, to wake up in the morning and have a horse greet you...that would be my DD's biggest dream come true!!! Her birthday is next Monday, the 10th and we are having her old horse instructor come with 2 of the horses she took lessons on for her friends to ride. She will be sooo excited! What kind of horse did you say your Mom has? Have you gotten to ride at all yet? OK...you have been so busy with so much going on inyour life...house, horse, work, football games, socializing. Good for you! Stay focused with the food...I know that I have to in order to even maintain which I can do well, but losing is another story! You cant get to onderland...you can do it! You know what you have to do!! Hang in there...sorry about the high cholesterol, but sometimes seeing those things in print can bring us to a realization that we really DO need to DO something! HUGS!

We are having a weight challenge at work but there doesn't seem to be too much discussion about it among the girls. Everyone is just kind of doing their own thing. It doesn't seem too motivating to me, so I think I will join in on the exercise challenge next week...will attempt to get in 150 minutes of aerobics. I am going to try to do the bike ride to DD's school in the mornings. Supposed to be a stellar week (weather wise) so it shouldn't be a problem...just have to get moving in the morning a little earlier! AND...I should probably check the pressure in the tires on the bike and trailer! I am also going hiking tomorrow (first time since my trip) at a local park. I don't think it will be too difficult, hopefully!

Anyway...need to get going...have lots to do today! Hugs to everyone!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #396  

Howdy girlies

Miss Elisha, hope you had fun at the football game. Did you try having a real full meal before you go... things are always less tempting on a full stomach. And there's always diet coke or Coors light options around.... almost as expensive as the water at the stadiums. I am trying to stay under 1800 calories too. I'll have to see what the results are. So far - so good.

Betani - it's a great idea to keep busy making those bracelets for Christmas. Makes me think I better get my A## in gear. I want to crochet some snowflake decorations for the women I work with. I don't want to go rushing around at the last minute as per my usual self. Only 7 pay days (I read somewhere) until Christmas. You have the "inner strength" to resist the temptations .... just keep repeating that as your mantra

MsRD - How did the pot luck go? Will you be sharing your salad recipe, it sure sounds yummy. Variety in the food we eat make this lifestyle a lot easier to take. I'm sure you MIL appreciates the efforts you make so that she can see her family. Makes me stop and think I better spend some time with my Grandmas (89 & 87). A lot of family gatherings are about sharing meals. I guess a plan "of attack" for these occasions is in order - whether it is to be mindful of the foods we eat, or to be mindful of portions we eat or to just enjoy and get over it, without guilt and get on with the everyday great habits we have developed.

Julie - We missed you chickie. I remember how busy life can be when you're working and raising a daughter. How did the hike go? Did you manage to get your bike in order. Maybe YOU need to set up a challenge for your work weight loss group?

TBJ - Where are you? I've been thinking alot about you and your system the last few days. I've decided to establish Green days (1800 calories) Yellow days (2400 calories) and Red days (2800 calories) we'll see it goes - I'm kind of experimenting with the calorie intake at this point.

{{{Eva}}} A little birdie told me you've been feeling under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon, take care of yourself.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I know there's only 30 days left in this challenge, but I also know that I haven't accomplished a thing weight wise. I have developed a not eating in the evening habit - pretty strong for the last week or so. My water intake has been very good.

I want the last four weeks to really count - LET'S GO FOR THE BIG FINISH!
Exercise commitment minutes so far:
Joy - 315
Julie - 150
MsRD - ????
Betani - ????
Elisha - ??????

I got up around 8:30.... 2 more days of vacation left. Note to self - I better get my clock turned around so I can get up at 4am. Blood sugar was at 11.9 this morning. Didn't do much today, well I did a great job of lazing around. I changed and washed bedding, did a couple hours of painting and sanding in the ensuite. Went to "Wings" restaurant to celebrate DGS#1's 12th birthday (yesterday). Didn't eat TOO badly and said no to birthday cake. Of course, why is it, everyone had to make a fuss about me not eating cake. Finally, DH told them my sugar level was up. It sure would have been easier to just say no with out the fuss. DD was good about it and didn't push me. I'll have to remember to thank her for that. DD shared some of her wedding plans for Aug 12th with us. Looks like DH will be supportive, although he does attempt to force his ideas. DD did very well sticking up for her plans, I was so proud of her. We took DGS#2 home with us to spend the night and watched a movie - 50 First Dates - it was pretty funny. It was a green day today.

OH, I just about forgot, I won $1520.00 on an employee payroll pot yesterday. I was all pysched about getting a new computer with it but DH reminded me how badly I wanted a new (built in) vacuum. UGHH I don't know.... I could have used fifteen thousand to fill all my immediate needs (new fridge, stove, dishwasher, bed, bedroom suite, drapes... on and on and on) I'm so greedy. But I'm going to decide, and not let him force me into anything.... or so she says <sigh>
Old 10-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #397  

Hello!

Whew! Just got back from yet another meal out.....wish I could say you would have been proud of me but......(sigh) it could have been worse! I tried to watch portions and selections, but there was just sooo many delicious dishes! I really need a challenge this week to get me back on track.......put me down for 180 minutes of exercise......seems a little high, but that goals are supposed to challenge you, right?

Julie.....We missed you! Glad there wasn't anything any more serious than just life keeping you from posting. Sometimes, it is hard to prioritize and still have time for yourself. When things really get hectic for me, I sit down and make a list of all the things that have to get done......then I number them with #1 being the most important. Starting with #1, I just work my way down the list......that way, if I don't get to the bottom of the list, then it is the least important stuff that isn't getting done. This sounds good on paper.....and occasionally works.....but there are still those wildcards that come up to rearrange your life. Be adaptable.

Joy.....Thinking of Christmas already? I should be too.....along with the 3 or 4 birthdays between now and the end of the year! Maybe I will just concentrate on getting the 'easy' ones out of the way......and hope the kids give me some really great hints! You won $1520.....WOW! A windfall like that would be so nice for the things you want and can't afford.....but I know I would end up being practical....just the way I am (sigh)

Well, it seems like I have piles of laundry to do......maybe if I got my mending done, I wouldn't have to do laundry so often.......heheh

Last edited by MsRD; 10-02-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #398  

MANDARIN CHICKEN SALAD

3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
3/4 cup mayonaise
1 can (11-oz) mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup seedless grapes, halved
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a medium bowl, combine first eight ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill 2-3 hours. fold in pecans just before serving....same some pecan halves to garnish top.

I took this to the potluck Saturday night......and came home with an empty bowl!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #399  
motomom

Default Sunday Eve

OH my...where did this weekend go??? I feel some days like I am just programmed to clean this house, do laundry, and serve my DD & DH! UGH...Calgon take me away! I'm so glad I don't have any more than one child because one child and one husband is ENOUGH some days...I swear!

Well, I didn't get in the hike and about the only "exercise" I got in this weekend was power shopping for DD's birthday presents yesterday and a short trip to Walmart today (among all the bazillion trips up and down the steps in this tri-level to clean!) My friend cancelled and although I asked DH if he wanted to go do "something" as a family, he somehow managed to make me feel like I was "guilting" him into it...so we did NOTHING! Grrrrr! I really need to have more conviction than that...and I do...just seems some days life takes me away, ya know?!

Food? I have not been watching my P's & Q's this weekend and have been "nibbling" on most anything. Don't know what has gotten into me...I even made this awesome frozen cherry/pineapple dessert. (You don't want this recipe, trust me! ) Haven't had any yet...and I may just save it for a shower we are having on Thursday! I really need to get back to basics...veggies, fruits & protein! And...some grain, I know!! But I never have a problem eating the grain...it's fruits & veggies that get me! There's plenty in the crisper and I will probably make trip to the Farmer's market on Thursday for mini pumpkins for DD's birthday party. So I can pick up some more stuff if I need it! I should cook up some chicken breasts tonight so I have it on hand this week for salads.

Did you all hear about the tour boat capsizing in Lake George, NY? When I went hiking this summer, I was just a few miles from there and even drove right through that area! Soooo sad! It's such a beautiful place...and for that to happen...anywhere is tragic!

OK..hope you all have a great week. DD's Audiologist appt is tomorrow morning, so have to get her to bed early tonight! Hugs!
Old 10-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #400  

UP at 8:30 again. It will be tough to get to bed early tonight. Back to work TOMORROW. Blood Sugar was at 13.6 this morning.

It was a HO-HUM day. DGS#2 DH & I just had a quiet day. Some inside chores, some outside chores. DGS#2 watched TV and played computer games. I think he enjoys the "laid back" lifestyle here. It's a change for him. I made an apple pear pie - which turned out fabulous. 1/8 of the 9" pie was 389 calories though. I managed to fit it in and stay under 1800 calories today.... It's a green day.

I've decided to spend my winnings on the professional association fees and a seminar I need credits for. I was wondering where I would come up with the money for that so.... it was nice to dream of a new computer. Alas... I will have to save up.

Julie ***If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!*** I'm heading back to basic starting tomorrow too. Back to work will do that to you. I know I've been off the preverbial wagon for some time now as my blood sugar shows.... I had a chuckle at your "Calgon take me away" , I can sure relate sometimes with this "hobby" farm we have here. The last time we were clearing balck berry bushes I told DH - let's sell the place and buy a condo - I should be having long nails and wearing high heels and being pampered. Remember you deserve to spend some time on yourself too. I know it's tough to fit in - but MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOURSELF.

MsRD - Thanks for the recipe. I'm definately going to try that one. All you can do is try to watch the portions and the choices. We gotta LIVE for heaven's sake. You did a great job.

LET'S GO FOR THE BIG FINISH!
Exercise commitment minutes so far for OCT 3-9th:
Joy - 315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 180
Betani - (nothing like an exercise challenge to curb those sweet temptations)
Elisha - (can I include you for 150 minutes? I know you're up to the challenge!)
Eva- (how about some aquasize, or track walking)
TBJ (come on back and show us what you're made of)
Flirtgirl (what about you?)
GROUP TOTAL TO DATE: 645 (pretty sad considering our previous totals)
Old 10-03-2005, 09:05 AM   #401  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Well, this weekend was a bust! Football game and associated food items (1 hot dog, diet coke, pretzel, water--not as bad as it could have been). Then I ran into Dani, my best friend, completely by accident, and she came over to see the horse. Turned out Mom and Dad had some friends over too, so we ended up having a cookout--hamburgers, potato chips and dip, and too many calories. Yesterday was buckwheat pancakes for breakfast, more chips and dip for lunch, popcorn at the movies, and chili for dinner.

And no exercise all weekend. There goes that reward. I am trying again this week.

Yes, I am in for the challenge, of course! But I want to up my minutes a bit! My real goal is to exercise 5 days this week, 45 minutes a day, for a total of 225 minutes.

And I'm going back to Day 1 of the Rapid Start diet today. Breakfast was OP, packed lunch is OP, and Mom says we're having leftovers for dinner, which means I get to fend for myself. Unless Steve and I go out for dinner, in which case I'll just have to "fend" a little better.

Steve and I are still trying to get in to see houses. If we can't get in to see the one he likes, he wants to make an offer on one of the other ones we've already seen. Thing is, a couple of the ones we've seen are ok, but they're not really what I want. *sigh*

And he's still waiting to hear about the job. At this point I'm not holding my breath.

I took my measurements this morning--I am going up a little every month. I do well for 3-4 days, then spend the next 3-4 days undoing all of my good work. That stops NOW! Mondays are henceforth going to be my "official" weigh-in days. This morning I am at 214.6, which is partially because I didn't have nearly enough water this weekend, but not matter the reason it's too much. The way to go is DOWN.

Betani: I hope your schedule is a little more relaxed this week. Is the coworker back from vacation yet? We're all having a hard time with the diet and exercise right now. Let's all get back on track together!

MsRD: How sweet of your DGS! How did your MIL do at the family dinner? We have the same type of situation with my grandparents--they're both fairly frail and don't travel well, but they want to to out and see everyone when something is going on, and we can't tell them no... Anyway, enough eating out for you and me, let's get back OP!

Joy: It's always hard to go back to work after a vacation. Good for you for putting that money toward more practical things. Whenever I get "random" money, I always want to spend it on something extravagant, and usually end up doing a little of both. I applaud your self-discipline.

Julie: Argo is a Belgian Draft Horse. I took some pictures yesterday that I'm getting developed today, so I should have some pictures up within the next few days. We're getting a fence up this week so she'll finally be able to run around a bit. She's only 17 months and not broke to ride yet, so that will still be a while. I've decided that if I end up getting one, I'll get one that is slightly older, smaller, and already broke, since I don't really have the time to train one (though I'm sure Mom would be willing to do it for me).

OH, and my grandma's surgery is tomorrow, so I probably won't be around--going to the hospital with Mom.

Anyway, I need to get to work. Have a great day, chickies!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #402  

Hello All!

Exercise stands at 15/180.....and those 15 minutes were so hard! I haven't exercised regularly and this is going to be a tough challenge, even though I only pledged 180 minutes. Food today was.......good grief, I ate everything in sight. I ate when i was hungry, when I wasn't hungry, and when I was sure I couldn't eat any more. Major binge.

Julie....You are right - this week is back to basics. That is the only way. I am so tired to doing well for a week or so and then falling back into old unhealthy habits. It seems to be an endless cycle, with me getting frustrated more each time around.

Joy.....Spending the money on the seminar is such a good idea.....practical, yet something you really want to do too. Congrats on the green day......you go girl!

Elisha.....Belgian draft horses are just beautiful! Even though they are large horses, they still have a certain grace about them. Hope your grandma's surgery goes well.
My MIL did well at the family dinner.....she is the oldest in the family now at age 89 and everyone (including the restaurant wait staff!) made a fuss over her. She thoroughly enjoyed it, though I am sure she will be resting for the next day or two.

I did so badly today.....I know I shouldn't dwell on it and just go on from here....tomorrow is another day and all that. Part of me just wants to stop and figure out why it happens.....it is almost self-destructive.....like maybe a part of me doesn't want to lose weight and be healthy? Or maybe I shouldn't analyze it too much and just concentrate on beating it!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:29 AM   #403  

Got up at 5:25 this morning. Had a coffee and went on line for a few minutes before getting ready. UGHH I should have used the time to exercise. Had to take DGS#2 home this morning, so that was a good excuse I guess. I ended up working through my breaks and having a long lunch break, which would be okay if I went for a walk, but it seems when I do that I EAT FOR THE FULL HOUR. Came back to having had my Boss re-organized my portfolio, work and DA's work load. Being how stressed I was, I'm not sure if I love or hate this new arrangement with work being doled out to me, which Boss says is temporary. We'll see how it works out. No exercise today, just relaxed with DH & watched TV tonight. Hmmm.... I'm down 45 minutes for the week, and I just started counting it again today. I WILL be up early to exercise tomorrow. morning.

THE BIG FINISH WEEKLY EXERCISE MINUTES MINI-CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER 3-9.

Joy - 315 - 0/315
Julie - 150
MsRD - 180 - 15/165
Elisah - 225
Totals: 15/870

So...

Elisha - WTG you've just picked yourself up, dusted yourself off and got back in the saddle again. You'll have your reward in no time. I'll include your Grandma in my prayers.

MsRD - Good job with the exercise. I know it's hard to motivated to get going when its tough. Yesterday, I mopped the floor and was totally wet with sweat, that's how out of shape I'm getting. I think that tho I've been walking and stuff I'm not really "pushing myself". I think it must be the cooler weather making us hungrier - I know I'm craving hot soups (made French Onion yesterday). You can't beat yourself up over your binge. Like you said, it's in the past and you just need to start over again. I know sometimes I feel the same... questioning if it's worth the effort AND YES WE ARE. I know when my motivation is low, that "committee meeting" in my head really gets going and tries to undo all the healthy habits I have tried to attain. I know if I could figure out WHY I overeat, I'd have beat this problem long ago. Even if we are making small steps everyday, it has a healthy benefit. Keep up the good work - and get back on track chickie. {{{{{MsRd}}}}

Good night all.... sweet dreams.

Last edited by JoyG56; 10-04-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:05 AM   #404  
motomom

Default Life is a Gift

I got this yesterday from one of the many emails I subscribe to and felt I should share it with this group! Seems when I was doing well in this journey, I remember...(and maybe you do too, Elisha) I was remembering to be thankful for things in my life that were important. Now, it seems I am being much more negative about what I DON'T have or what I WANT!

Read on....

Moments of thankfulness and appreciation open our hearts to happiness, fill us with delight and unite us with each other and ourselves. Practicing gratitude is a daily exercise that will change your life!

Research shows that daily gratitude exercises play a significant role in a person's sense of well-being. When you are thankful for what you have, you become contented, while wanting more leaves us feeling empty and unfulfilled. Having more doesn't always bring happiness in the long run. The new car, the new wardrobe, the new home and the new vacation will not always be new, and the initial high will fade. Human nature is to want more, which is what motivates you to keep trying, but when you only focus on more, more, more, you lose sight of the gifts in the present. Your focus is on what you don't have and you do not experience the fullness of what you do have.

So starting today, I am going to start journalling in the Thankfulness thread that I started a long time ago! I invite all of you to do the same...or journal here...whatever works for you. Maybe we will see a turn around in our inability to stay focused if we take away the desire for those things we "want" and turn them into the things we are "thankful" for!

I think I will start right here...

3 things I am thankful for today:
My family
My job
My ability to communicate with others
Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #405  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Welp, things are starting to calm down a little bit at work. My co-worker is back this week, but will be out again next week and the week after for surgery. I'll be on vacation in a couple weeks, which means that there will be no one here for an entire week to open the boxes or pay the invoices. A small part of me thinks I should cancel my vacation (she can't very well cancel her surgery...), but I really need to get away.

I went to the doctor last night about this blasted cough again. My throat put on a spectacular show for him. The only two possibilities we haven't covered are acid reflux and asthma. I am now on 4 additional medications: Singulair (for the asthma), something that starts with a "P" and ends in "ox" (can't remember the name, but it's for acid reflux), Allegra (for the allergies), and tonight I start on Prednisone (which will hopefully break the whole business up).

I'm slowly regaining control over candy cravings at work. It's not easy, though. I'm running out of money for beads, now that I need all this medicine. I guess I could start knitting again.

Hikein-- Journaling about thankfulness is a great idea. That should help keep my thoughts in perspective.

3 things I am thankful for today:
My co-workers who care about me
My husband, who is patient with me about not driving, and doesn't push
me into it
Apples

Joy-- Don't worry about the "shoulda's". Every day is a fresh start for exercise, no matter what you did the day before. That goes for you, too, MsRD! We'll get there!

Elisha-- Keep up that determination, and you'll be headed back down in no time!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote