Old 10-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #496  

Hello!

Kinda tired here, so will make this short.....the new challenge will go up later tonight, tomorrow AM at the latest.

Julie....you are already starting to turn things around! Those little successes always add up! Hope DD is none the worse for wear after her 'coconut' episode1

Elisha.....With your determination, I know you will be totally OP today! Your new exercise regime has really got you motivated......we're right behind you!

TBJ......it was so good to hear from you and that you are semi-settled. It all sounds too lovely...and, who knows, once you get the bar exam behind you, the sky is the limit! Your new 'crazy diet' sounds perfectly sensible to me.....and very do-able! Size 10, did you say? This last challenge can be chalked up as a success for you!

Looking back over the past 12 weeks, I don't know as I have made much progress on the weight, but I certainly have developed some good habits in eating (well, besides the Halloween slip-up) and exercising.....and those are the things that are going to make the difference in the months to come! Thank you, JOY, for working so hard on this past challenge! As you may recall, I was ready to chuck the whole program and it was Joy who got me pointed back in the right direction again!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:15 PM   #497  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Tomorrow is November!!!

Ai Yai Yai!! Where did October go? Geesh! So glad end of the month is gone! Calendars and newsletters are done and Halloween is over! I'll be taking all the leftover candy to work with me tomorrow for Bingo candy! And I am swearing off chocolate and...dare I say...sugar!!! At least for a week! Can I do this, chickies??? I must be crazy to put that in writing! I am going to have a major headache for a few days, I know. But I have to! It's just crazy! I'm clearing the house of all the candy and goodies with the exception of DD's Trick or Treat goodies that she chose to save (she doesn't like much of it)! And I told her to put it in her room so I don't see it!

DD was the cutest little Blue Unicorn tonight for Halloween (sorry, someone asked earlier this week, but I forgot to address that). She was so good about saying "Trick or Treat" and Thank you to everyone! She doesn't like to talk much, especially to people she doesn't know! DH had the place all decked out with a fog machine and lights and cobwebs and scary music. It was pretty fun. I took DD out for Trick or treating...it misted the whole time, but at least it didn't pour or snow! Not many kids out this year!

Food really sucked today. I'm pretty sure (if I were to journal all my calories, which I said I would do for a week and only did for 4 days) calories would be somewhere around "atrocious"!!!! We won't even talk about what i put in my mouth today and will write this day off!

I got on the scale today at work. I'm apalled! I'm up to 179!!!!! Egads!!!! This has GOT to stop! If i reach 180, I'm going to starve myself, I swear! OK, probably not, but ya know...it's horrible to think of all the work I did a year or so ago and now...zip...right up go those numbers! It's time for the new challenge and the numbers to start heading downward!

Here's a wierd question...When I start to work out, say like the last week...I did work out for 20 minutes or more for 3 times a week or more...my weight seems to increase the first couple of weeks. I know that muscle weighs more than fat relatively speaking, but why would my weight increase whenever I start to really work out consistently? Is it edema from muscle stiffness? Has anyone read anything about this? I'm curious. I am a little stiffer in some of my muscles & joints. Kind of achy! Wow...I am sooooo out of shape!

Alrighty...comment time everyone!

TBJ...Your first paragraph made me very jealous! I can smell it, feel it, taste it! Girl, I am sure you are so excited! And size 10's...my goal! You go girl! Livin the good life, for sure! I love your new diet plan! Maybe I should do that...maybe not! Enjoy paradise for all of us!

MsRD...Can't wait for the new challenge! Thanks for doing it! You are so sweet to put it together! We can do this!!!

Elisha...OK...Ineed to be at 174 by Thanksgiving! Yes ma'am! Thanks for the gentle reminder! Let's go!!!!! Now we have less than a month, so let's kick it into high gear. I'm ready for this new challenge.

Betani, Joy...Chickies...we need you here! Where are you??

Let's start this new challenge out with a bang and have everyone here! Does anyone else do any of the other groups or journals on 3FC? If you do, maybe you could post it so people would come over and take a peek! I don't, so I wouldn't know where to post, but I could if y'all want me to! Just some rambling thoughts. I'm tired and need to go to bed! This time change has me so messed up! Grrrr!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:57 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Happy Hallween Chickies

Well the weigh in went as expected ... up to 237 this morning. I was contemplating what a failure this challenge was for me. Pretty sad. But then I realized if nothing else I know you chickies alot better and I sure don't feel alone in my battle. So battle on I WILL....

see ya on the next challenge
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #499  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chickies!

I posted over on the new Just Do It Challenge (Thanks, MsRD, for setting it up!), but I wanted to wrap up some stuff over here too.

First of all, what did I accomplish during this challenge? Well, I *gained* weight. Most of it during these past few weeks, since I haven't really been paying attention. But I did learn a few things.
The Dr. Phil plan really helps me when I think about it and follow it, as does the Dr. Phil diet.
I've started eating more fruits and vegetables than ever before, and actually enjoy it.
I've learned that I can't slack off, or the weight comes back in a matter of seconds (not literally, but it might as well).

Today I feel calm, like this is not something I have to work at, it is just something I do. I feel confident and refreshed and ready to lose again. I remember when I was actually losing weight, way back in the spring of 04... what was I doing then? Exercising and eating less, that's it. So what made it work then? I didn't let anything stand in my way. I can do that again.

I'm really glad I invested in my new Yourself! Fitness program. Logically, I know Maya (the virtual personal trainer) isn't a real person, but at the same time I don't want to let her down by missing an appointment. I'm curious what she would say if I did miss a day, but I don't want to disappoint her. I know that's silly, but it makes exercise more of an imperative for me, and that is a good thing.

Anyway, I just got some work to do, and I've got a meeting in a few minutes, so I'll see you chicks on the Just Do It Challenge board!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:59 PM   #500  

Default 12 week challenge

Hi, I'd love to join!

But it's not until August???
calmeida2 is offline   Reply With Quote