Old 06-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim: Stick with it. I didn't lose essentially anything for about 2 weeks and then whoosh this week.. And try to remember that if you lose 1 pound a week, that's 52 pounds a year. When I tried to lose weight last time, it was literally less than 2 pounds a month (18 pounds in 10 months) and no significant inches lost either. For me, it was because of a thyroid problem and PCOS. If you have trouble longer than a couple more weeks, you should consider getting your blood work checked to see if you have any imbalances making it more difficult to lose. If so, medications might help.

Ange: I find your stories about maintenance inspiring to read. Sometimes I think maintaining after losing is almost harder than losing in the first place. You're doing great.

Everyone: Try to remember that there WILL be days when the scale goes up for no reason. Weight loss is definitely 3 steps forward 1 step back. That is why many experts don't recommend daily weigh ins, because it is easy to get frustrated when the number goes the wrong direction. All you can do is the best you can do. If you stay on track, in the long run, it will pay off, even if in the short run, you want to throw the scale out the window.. So try not to let the occasional setback get you blue.

SW for June: 246.6
GW for June: 239.6
ALTERNATE GOAL: Fasten my size 18 regular jeans. - met 6/14

End of week 2: 245.2

Week Three
15: 245.2
16: 246.0
17: 244.8
18: 244.4
19: 243.6
20: 242.8
21:
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Three:

So apparently I was wrong about the lack of loss being because of work, because I've worked 8.5 and 9 hours in the last two days and had great weight loss this week. Maybe I was just in a holding pattern last week. I'm STILL not down to my goal line for the month, but getting closer..

Last edited by Lacerta; 06-20-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #182  

Newbie here Can I join even though the month is mostly over? I recently started a new medication and am really working hard on my losses. I use the Happy Scale app, so I have my weight for the past couple of days:
6/18 215.1
6/19 214.1
6/20 212.6

I know most of that is water weight, but I'll take it. I'm not quite sure what a realistic goal is for the rest of the month, but I'd just like the numbers to keep going down!

Thanks,
Kim
bkfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #183  
On the long way down

S/C/G: 188/143.2/135

Height: 5'-7.5

Ange, thanks for your insight. I was wondering how you felt about being at an all time low when you weren't trying to lose, and I think I would feel the same way. Joy at losing, even when that's not the goal. And I'm wondering when it will feel comfortable being a little more relaxed about food tracking and portion control. So feel free to introspect - I think most of us have similar thoughts and ultimately maintenance is where I have failed in the past. I indulge a little and a little and before I know it, I'm at a weight I never thought I would see.

It sounds like you're enjoying a little more freedom, but have your tools in your back pocket if you need to course correct, which seems like a reasonable place to live.
SnowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #184  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

nicoley73: Good work staying on plan, and nice drop!

kfunk: I didn't hit the full gallon yesterday, either...here's to us both hitting a gallon today! And, great loss today!

Kim: Hopefully adjusting the protein levels helps, but - if it doesn't do much over the next week or so - there is no shame in trying something other than Keto! I agree that not everything works for each person's body. I hope you can get it all figured out!

Sassypants75: Welcome back to 3FC!

Lacerta: That is very true! I think last week was my "three steps forward" and the past couple of days have been my "one step back". It's definitely not a linear process, lol. Nice loss for you today!

bkfrancis: Welcome to 3FC! Feel free to jump in any time...we're glad to have you!

-----------------------------------------

Still holding at 169.4....and, it was toying with fluctuating even higher than that, so that's unsettling, lol. I only got in a little over 1.5 bottles yesterday (about 112oz), so I will focus a little more on the water today. I brought my cals up a couple hundred yesterday, but I ended up doing it last minute with a bowl of cherries after my window eating closed, so going to make sure that I don't eat late in the evening again today, either.

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19: 169.4
20: 169.4
21:
End of Week Two: 170.6

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #185  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMama View Post
Ange, thanks for your insight. I was wondering how you felt about being at an all time low when you weren't trying to lose, and I think I would feel the same way. Joy at losing, even when that's not the goal. And I'm wondering when it will feel comfortable being a little more relaxed about food tracking and portion control. So feel free to introspect - I think most of us have similar thoughts and ultimately maintenance is where I have failed in the past. I indulge a little and a little and before I know it, I'm at a weight I never thought I would see.

It sounds like you're enjoying a little more freedom, but have your tools in your back pocket if you need to course correct, which seems like a reasonable place to live.
Totally agree, it's the bit by bit extra indulgence creep that I want to avoid.
Thanks everyone for saying you're interested!

I mean, lets make this totally clear - I love eating! If it was healthy to eat burgers and chips and pizza and puddings, then i'd be scoffing them 3x + a day and probably wouldn't touch a zucchini. I genuinely like veggies too but of course it's more tempting in the moment to eat the rubbish, so realistically the only reason i'm happy to stick with the low calories is because it makes me feel good overall, and not because i'm one of those people who don't really care about eating. But now, the veggie-fest is a true habit, so it's what I look forward to eating a lot of the time (perhaphs because that's all I've mentally allowed myself this year), and it's truly easy because it's a proper habit and that's what I want to hang on to. Anyway, it's all good.

Will just chip in with the fluctuations chat too. I was really lucky this time and didn't see too many 'ups' although I had a few 'flats'. You've just got to suck it up if the scale isn't playing nicely, and carry on. It's so hard to do though when you know you 'deserve' better. I still think that weighing daily (when i'm at home) suits me though, as well as plotting the numbers, because when the up or the flat happens you can look back at where it happened before, and how long it lasted and what happened after it, and reassure yourself that you've seen it all before blah blah. What's amazing though is that everyone knows this, but when it actually happens to you it's so so personal and it's like you're the only one that it's happened this badly to, and there must be something wrong with you, and then it all comes good and you get the emotional whoosh with the scales whoosh. And even more amazing is that this can happen over and over again and it's still a shock and unfair and your brain somehow forgets that you should really know better because of the previous times etc!! So that's why I like the graph

117.3 today

Last edited by ange82much; 06-20-2018 at 07:18 PM.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Sassypants75 and bkfrancis

Snowmama No need to stencil, that's the military requirements talking. Someone told me about this wonderful iron on paper that you can get at craft stores. It just goes in your printer and you can print a bunch of copies of her name and then cut them out and iron them on!

Ophelia nice job staying steady, hopefully you'll get a whoosh tomorrow!

Kfunk You know somehow I keep forgetting that this son of mine is 14 years old! I turned all of the stenciling over to him and he's already done! This is HIS training after all! Nice whoosh, looks like what you gained that party weekend is finally leaving. Hope it keeps up tomorrow!

TooManyDimples congrats on finally seeing some movement! Hope this keeps going down tomorrow!

Well, i'm exhausted after all the running around trying to get my son ready for his training. Somehow I missed the fact that he has to learn the Sailor's creed, 11 Orders of the sentry and a verse of Anchors Aweigh before Friday. Half the day and part of the evening has been spent on a crash course of the first 2! Wrapping up all the last things tomorrow, plus haircut and his final day to learn what he needs to know. I hope the real military isn't this disorganized and poor at communication! I was down just a bit in spite of TOM and hopefully I'll go down or at least maintain to end my week strong.

Week Three
15: 248.5
16: 248.7
17: 249.1
18: 247.1
19: 248 TOM
20: 247.6 TOM
21:
End of Week Two: 250
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #187  
~Kim~

Start: June 1, 2018 ~ 252.2
Goal for the month ~ 242.2 (10lbs)
Current Weight ~ 247.6
Lbs to go ~ 5.4

6/1 ~ 252.2
6/2 ~ 251
6/3 ~ 251.8
6/4 ~ 251.8
6/5 ~ 250.2
6/6 ~ 249.4
6/7 ~ 249.2
6/8 ~ 248.2
6/9 ~ 248.2
6/10 ~ 248.8
6/11 ~ 248.8
6/12 ~ Did not weight
6/13 ~ Did not weight
6/14 ~ Did not weight
6/15 ~ 249.6
6/16 ~ 248.4
6/17 ~ 249.4
6/18 ~ 249.4
6/19 ~ 249.4
6/20 ~ 248.8
6/21 ~ 247.6

Finally a drop down to a new low. So maybe changing things up is working. I do feel a bit bloated this morning so I think TOM might be ready to show up soon.

Thanks for the continued encouragement everyone.

TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #188  

Heading back down, although I still have over a pound to get back to my lowest. We will see. No plans for this weekend, which helps. I'm joining a dietbet for next month that starts 6/23. I'm hoping that will motivate me to push myself a little harder. I do think that slow and steady is mostly the way to go. I'm trying to adjust my mindset that I'm not dieting - that this is the way I will eat from now on. In the past I've focused on getting to my goal, and then being able to eat what I want. At 45 - that strategy inevitably leads to regaining. Hoping to change the outcome this time.

May 31st Weigh-In: 147.2
Month Goal Weight: 142.2

End of week 2: 144.8

Week Three
15: 144.4
16: DNW
17: DNW
18: 146.4
19: 147.0
20:146.4
21: 145.8
Total Loss for Week three: +1.0 lb
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

SW for June: 246.6
GW for June: 239.6
ALTERNATE GOAL: Fasten my size 18 regular jeans. - met 6/14

End of week 2: 245.2

Week Three
15: 245.2
16: 246.0
17: 244.8
18: 244.4
19: 243.6
20: 242.8
21: 243.0
Total Loss for Week Three: 2.2

I'm ok with the little bump today. After a strong week, I would have been surprised to see another drop today. Also, I didn't eat the best yesterday and had a soda with my lunch instead of water, which I almost never do. Honestly, I was glad to see it wasn't up more.

I did something to my shoulder yesterday and it is REALLY sore. Not sure what I did, but it hurts to move it much at all. Grrr So no swimming for me for a few days until it is better.

Good luck to everyone going into week 4
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

TooManyDimples you and I are running neck and neck! So glad you got a drop to end your week well!

nicoley congrats for the drop back down after your night out! Your downward trend will have you back to your lowest soon!

Lacerta Congrats on your weekly loss in spite of that end of week fluctuation. You are doing great!

Week Three
15: 248.5
16: 248.7
17: 249.1
18: 247.1
19: 248 TOM
20: 247.6 TOM
21: 247.6 TOM
End of Week Two: 250
Total Loss for Week Three: -2.4
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #191  

6/18 215.1
6/19 214.1
6/20 212.6
6/21 213.1

I know that I didn't drink enough water at all yesterday. Really need to make a better effort at that today!

Lacerta- Hope your shoulder feels better!
Nicoley73- Have you done Dietbet before? I've always wondered about how that works.
bkfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #192  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

momtopands: Well, I mini-whooshed today, but it was in the wrong direction...boo. Hoping to get it going back in the right direction next week, though. And, I'm sorry to hear that things have remained hectic in the preparations of getting your son ready! Unfortunately, I'd have to say that the real military can be just as disorganized and poor with the communications sometimes...lol.

Kim: Yay, happy to see a nice drop for you today!!

nicoley73: Glad to see you're moving back down in the right direction again!

Lacerta: Oh no, I hope your shoulder feels better soon...and, good work losing 2.2 lbs this week!

bkfrancis: Hope you're able to get properly hydrated today!

-----------------------------------------

Okay, so I bumped up yet again...all the way back to where I was at the end of last week at 170.6, which leaves me with a goose egg loss of exactly nothing for Week Three. Whomp, whomp! I was actually pretty convinced I was going to see a loss, so that was an unwelcome surprise. However, I agree that my pattern has always been somewhat of a rollercoaster, so I guess - after losing 4.4 lbs last week - I shouldn't have expected much from this week. I tend to lose, then stagnate, then have a weird up and down week, then lose again, then stagnate again...so, it makes sense. Here's hoping I can use the last week to play a little catch up from my gain this week and still manage to hit my monthly goal by the 30th!

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17: 169.0
18: 169.0
19: 169.4
20: 169.4
21: 170.6
End of Week Two: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Three: 0 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #193  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
My first month of Maintenance!
TW: 54.0kg (119lb)
June 2nd: 119.0
June 3rd: 118.6
June 5th: 119.24
June 6th: 119.24
June 7th: 118.4
June 9th: 119.6
June 18th: 119.6
June 19th: 118.1
June 21st:117.4
June 22nd: 117.0

Been back to old ways the last few days, and dropped some more weight accordingly, but it's insurance for the weekend. We're not doing much, but the food choices ahead aren't looking too hopeful - hubby wants to cook his favourite pasta dish tonight (and I fancy a wine or two as it's been a long week!). This would be my first pasta dish this year actually, so can't really avoid it for ever. Then we're off out to an Asian dumpling restauraunt on Saturday night (plus more alcohol probably) and catching up with a friend that's flying in from interstate for a pub-lunch on Sunday.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #194  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Great work, gang!

I feel huge right now. I haven't weighed since last week before my skin procedure. Since then, I've been eating a few hundred calories above maintenance each day. It's not as delightful as it sounds. I've been eating loads of protein. Well, about 50% more than I usually do. I've also been eating tons of veg for extra vitamins. So I've been feeling really full, as in "I might pop"-full. I'm feeling that way right now, actually, after downing a big slab of salmon and bowl of broccoli. I've been gorging like this because I figured it would help my skin heal. I don't know if it made a real difference or not, but the healing process is coming along nicely. I'm a little concerned though that returning to eating at a deficit (which I'm actually looking forward to) might hurt my body's ability to optimally build new collagen. Apparently that happens for the next few months, so I won't see the full results of the procedure until around that time. I'll ask my dr about dieting during my follow-up tomorrow. Even if he says it's ok to diet, I'm probably still going to worry a little that the results would be better if I didn't...

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-21-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Kim- Congrats on your new low!!!I hope that your TOM goes well and you get a nice drop after the bloated feeling goes away!

Sassypants , and bkfrancis, WELCOME!!

Lacerta- I hope that your shoulder starts to feel better soon.Great week!!!

Ophelia- How did it go with water the other day?I made it to a gallon, and then yesterday capped out at 90 oz.I had another bad stomach ache for 4 hours, so I think without that I would have had no problem drinking more.I hope that week 4 is a great week for you!!

Ange- Its crazy how our tastes can change when we establish good habits.I never thought I would see the day where the thought of eating fast food makes me want to gag, I used to love that stuff and eat it daily!I am feeling really down about not being able to eat fruits and veggies without suffering for hours with a stomach ache.I like how you are preparing for your weekend ahead of time by adjusting your diet beforehand!

Momtopands- Great idea!!How long does the training last?Nice loss during your TOM!!!

Nicoley- I agree that not having plans on the weekends helps a ton!! I have a DB ending in a couple days and then will look to join another one.I hope that you find a good one and that it helps you stay on track!!

Bkfrancis- What kind of diet plan are you following?I really struggled at first to reach my water intake goals, but it gets a lot easier as time goes on- become more thirsty for it.Also, I can always tell a huge difference on the scale when I drink enough!

Lunkah- That is awesome that you are healing nicely!!I would have never even thought that diet would affect collagen, or healing, you are a smart cookie!!

SW: 161.4
GW: 156

6/1: 161.4
6/2: 161.4
6/3: 160.4
6/4: 159.8
6/5: 159.6
6/6: 159.2
6/7: 159
6/8: 157.6
6/9: 157
6/10: 161.2
6/11: 161
6/12: 160.2
6/13: 159.2
6/14: 158.6
6/15: 158.8
6/16: 158.2
6/17: 158.8
6/18: 160.2
6/19: 160
6/20: 158.2
6/21: 156.6
6/22: 156!!

Last edited by kfunk6113; 06-22-2018 at 08:25 AM.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote