Old 06-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #136  
On the long way down

S/C/G: 188/143.2/135

Height: 5'-7.5

Today is my 11th day in a row working and I’m feeling mentally exhausted and a bit run down. Tomorrow I’m going to just come into the office briefly but I have to make it through the rest of the afternoon.

One of my favorite restaurants is closing after this weekend, so I think tomorrow we’ll head there. I know I’m going to throw everything off for a couple of days, because my favorite meal is a prime rib French dip with potatoes colcannon. Lots of sodium, carbs, and more carbs. I usually eat half of my meal, because the portions are huge, so it won’t be too far off calorie-wise, just very different than the way I’ve been eating. It’s also my brother’s birthday and Father’s Day this weekend, so I know we’ll be eating out at least once more on Sunday.

Keep up the good work everyone!

07: 169.0
08: 168.8
09: 168.2
10: 168.2 TOM
11: 167.4 TOM
12: 166.4 TOM
13: 167.6 TOM
14: 166.6
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week Two: 2.4 lbs.

I'm preparing myself for a stall, I know it's coming.
SnowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #137  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Catherine Rose: Wow, 40 years is wonderful! And, my husband is definitely the spender in the relationship, too...I'm the one who gets anxiety over spending too much on anything, especially on myself. I did end up finding something nice for him though, thankfully!

nicoley73: Have fun in New Orleans this weekend...I want to go see Waitress, so I'm extra jealous! Haha. Nice loss this week, by the way!

Chunkah: I ended up finding something, thankfully! However, I agree on the month-long ban before any birthdays/holidays! I keep telling him that, but he doesn't listen or remember -- at least he got a better deal on the watch, though. I can't be mad about that part, lol.

Kim: I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better today...hopefully, the detox today will help flush out everything!

Lacerta: Thank you, I ended up finding something afterall! Whew, lol. Glad the scale stayed consistent for you today, even with the muscle soreness...and congrats on getting the jeans on all the way, as well!

momtopands: Oooh, right on the line now...hopefully your scale will be nice and tip down into the 40s tomorrow!!

kfunk: I point it out to mine as well, and he still does it, too...you're right, they are lucky they are cute! Another nice drop for you today, by the way...that's awesome!

SnowMama: Wow, definitely sounds like you are overdue for a nice, long weekend! I hope you enjoy all the festivites and your goodbye meal from the restaurant that is closing -- I hate when they close places I love like that, booooo -- this weekend and that there isn't too much damage from all the sodium come Monday!

-----------------------------------------

Got an unexpected whoosh today down to 170.6, bringing me to 4.4 lbs down for Week Two...was not expecting that! Got in over 11k steps while present hunting yesterday, so - while that's not a ton in general - I think that helped a little. I also got in my gallon of water, but was on the lower end of my calorie range (1100ish) because I was so busy all afternoon, so I'll likely be bumping back up a bit tomorrow after such a hefty whoosh. It would be nice to be able to keep it or at least most of it, though! I'll hold off on any ticker updating until I see what happens on the scale tomorrow.

Week Two
08: 175.0 - TOM.
09: 172.8
10: 173.4
11: 172.0
12: 174.2
13: 172.8
14: 170.6
End of Week One: 175.0
Total Loss for Week Two: 4.4 lbs.

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #138  
~Kim~

Start: June 1, 2018 ~ 252.2
Goal for the month ~ 242.2 (10lbs)
Current Weight ~ 249.6
Lbs to go ~ 7.4

6/1 ~ 252.2
6/2 ~ 251
6/3 ~ 251.8
6/4 ~ 251.8
6/5 ~ 250.2
6/6 ~ 249.4
6/7 ~ 249.2
6/8 ~ 248.2
6/9 ~ 248.2
6/10 ~ 248.8
6/11 ~ 248.8
6/12 ~ Did not weight
6/13 ~ Did not weight
6/14 ~ Did not weight
6/*15 ~ 249.6

The Adventures of Kim's stomach woes continue. I finally decided to check the scale and yeah, I'm up. I figured. I don't even want to imagine what number I would have saw if I'd checked the last few days. Ugh. I think yesterday helped so I'm going to stick to mostly liquid again today.

I'm thinking I might need to change my macros, up my healthy carbs a bit. And I'm going to try to reduce my dairy, not that I really get that much to begin with, next week and see if that makes any difference.

Casey ~ Great job this week. Hope you don't see another bump up today.

SnowMama ~ Enjoy your meal. I hate when a place I love closes.

kfunk ~ Hopefully whatever you eat Sunday will just be something you enjoy and not give you problems again. I always tell myself to stay away from appetizers and I always try to choose something on the menu that isn't too complicated because there is less of a chance it has something in it that I wouldn't expect that could derail me.

momtopands
~ Hope you see the new decade today!

Lacerta ~ Unfortunately the scale is not as nice as either of us would like. You're having a great week. Congrats on the pants.

So glad it's Friday. Work has been a headache this week.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 06-16-2018 at 08:03 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #139  

May 31st Weigh-In: 147.2
Month Goal Weight: 142.2

End of week 2: 144.8

Week Three
15: 144.4
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
Total Loss for Week three:
nicoley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 137/137/128

Height: 5’ 3.5”

6/15 - 137
This plan is working for me physically and mentally. Praying I can stay motivated and stay with it over the weekend. We are having kids and grandkids over on Sunday for Father’s Day. Ordering out for my husband’s favorite pizza. I’m not a huge pizza fan and recently found out I’m not able to eat anything with or made with tomatoI do love fresh tomatoes and vegetable soup made with a tomato base. I’m basically vegetarian but I do eat fish,dairy and occasionally poultry. Most of my go to meals I prepared involved tomatoes. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Congratulations to all for sticking with their plans and trying to get healthier along the way

Last edited by Catherine Rose; 06-15-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Catherine Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 256/164,2/140

Height: 5'4

Snowmama- I hope that you get a well-deserved break from working soon. You have had one heck of a week, way to go!! I am also going out to eat this weekend and I am sure it will also set me back. I haven’t even made it to where I was last weekend yet. I have never had potatoes colcannon before, I might have to google it!

Ophelia- WOW, that is some whoosh!!!! I hope that you are able to keep all of it  You are so close to the next decade, super exciting!!

Kim- I am glad that you got a little relief and hope that today solves your problem for good!! That is a good idea about ordering on Sunday. I was actually thinking that I might order chips and queso for my meal even though it is an appetizer. Luckily, the group we are going out with doesn’t normally do appetizers beforehand so I should be okay there. I hope that you get a whoosh soon!!!

Nicoley- Nice drop!!!

Catherine- That is awesome that you have found a plan that is working for you!! I am sorry to hear that you can’t eat tomatoes anymore. It is kind of nice that you don’t really like pizza so the temptation on Father’s day would have been minimal anyways. I LOVE pizza!!!

I feel like I wasted a whole week and I am still not back to where I was on Saturday morning. I know that it is not a real waste and this isn’t a race, but this is frustrating to me.

6/1: 161.4
6/2: 161.4
6/3: 160.4
6/4: 159.8
6/5: 159.6
6/6: 159.2
6/7: 159
6/8: 157.6
6/9: 157
6/10: 161.2
6/11: 161
6/12: 160.2
6/13: 159.2
6/14: 158.6
6/15: 158.8

Last edited by kfunk6113; 06-15-2018 at 08:59 AM.
kfunk6113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

Snowmama Congrats on ending your week with a whoosh and good luck on your trip to the restaurant!

nicoley You are doing great! Have fun in New Orleans!

Ophelia WOW! nice whoosh to end your week. You're doing so well this week!

kfunk You are working your way down and you can be successful this weekend with your eating out!

TooManyDimples You might be up but you are still in your new decade and I have my fingers crossed that you will start to feel better soon!

Well, I finally made my new decade today! Going into the weekend I plan to stay on plan and keep up my workout tomorrow so I can keep this whoosh. My days will be busy over the weekend since i'm now getting my son ready to go to his recruit training for Navy Sea Cadets next week. With all the things going on with my daughter I nearly forgot to get his things ready and now i'm a bit stressed since i'm last minute shopping now. Here's hoping things will calm down soon around here.

Week Three
15: 248.5
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 250
Total Loss for Week Three:
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 267.4/179.6/150

Height: 5'7"

panda: Big Congrats on the whoosh and the new decade. You definitely earned it with all you've had going on

kfunk: I totally know what you mean about feeling like a week was wasted. Took me almost 2 weeks to get back to my low. But as you say, it isn't a race. You will get there. I figure every pound that I'm down at the end of the month is a win, even if it is only a few, because that is the right direction.

nicoley: You are having a great month and your goal is in sight. Keep it up

Kim: That's not as bad as it could have been. Less than an pound up. You're still in the 240s, yay! I'm constantly trying to reduce my dairy, as I've always been a BIG milk drinker. I've gone from 3 gallons a week to about 1.5. Milk is my nemesis when it comes to drinking my calories. No alcohol, no soda, but milk is an issue. I'm working to get down to 1 gallon a week, but it is hard.

ophelia: You've had an amazing week. You are really cruising through the 170s. New decade is right around the corner for you

Snowmama: Ugh...11 days in a row. I hate that. You've had an amazing week for someone who had time to focus on it, let alone someone who had to work all week. I never do that well when I'm working all day every day. Also...potatoes colcannon?? I'm an Idaho Spud born and raised and I've never heard of potatoes colcannon... /runs off to google it.

SW for June: 246.6
GW for June: 239.6
ALTERNATE GOAL: Fasten my size 18 regular jeans. - met 6/14

End of week 2: 245.2

Week Three
15: 245.2
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:

No change again today. Not a big surprise. I ended up getting called in to work early, then had to eat lunch at Wendy's with the boss/mom (my boss is my mom) in a hurry, then had to stay late. I intended to work about 2 hours and ended up being more than 8.

Days that I work a lot of hours, I don't do as well on weight loss, even if my eating is totally on track. I think I stress-retain. Wendy's didn't help, even though I just had a chicken sandwich, water and about 5 fries. Not my intended lunch, but I didn't plan to be at the office so long today.

Unfortunately, I have to cover for a coworker all next week, so will definitely end up in overtime for the week. I'm hoping to just hold my ground on the scale for next week. Any loss at all will be a big win.
Lacerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #144  
|| Casey ||

Kim: I'm glad that you're continuing to feel better little by little and hope you're back down by the time you're back to a state of normalcy!

nicoley73: Nice loss today.

Catherine Rose: I'm sorry to hear that tomatoes are on the no-go list for you, since you love them so much...I hope you're able to still have a nice time with the family this weekend, even with the pizza around, and are able to stay motivated to stick to your plan!

kfunk: I get to see the new decade for today, but - right now - I am treating it like a preview and holding off on celebrating it until I know it's permanent, lol. Hoping to keep most of my loss by tomorrow once I rehydrate a little. Also, I hope the rest of your gain flushes out this weekend, as well -- I know how frustrating that is to feel like so much time was sidetracked by one meal!

momtopands: Congrats on hitting a new decade!!!

Lacerta: I got a preview of the new decade today...here's hoping I get to "officially" be in it soon! And, I hope you're able to get some rest and recovery over this weekend before your super busy week next week!

Weigh-in was down a little more to 169.6 today, but I was weighing in about an hour and a half later than usual, and I only got in about 100oz of water yesterday, so - between the busy morning this morning and probably being a touch dehydrated, I'm not considering myself in a new decade just yet. We went to the movies as a family last night to take the kids to see Incredibles 2, and I even had a little popcorn - AND we had Subway and chips for dinner while out and about - so, I'm expecting to get a little delayed sodium bloat from that once I properly hydrate and have a normal day today. Still thrilled to see the 160s for now though, even if only temporarily -- fingers crossed that I can get back into them ASAP or even manage to stay in them after today, which would be a miracle...lol.

Week Three
15: 169.6
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 170.6

Old 06-16-2018, 08:16 AM   #145  
~Kim~

Current Weight ~ 248.4
Lbs to go ~ 6.2

6/1 ~ 252.2
6/2 ~ 251
6/3 ~ 251.8
6/4 ~ 251.8
6/5 ~ 250.2
6/6 ~ 249.4
6/7 ~ 249.2
6/8 ~ 248.2
6/9 ~ 248.2
6/10 ~ 248.8
6/11 ~ 248.8
6/12 ~ Did not weight
6/13 ~ Did not weight
6/14 ~ Did not weight
6/15 ~ 249.6
6/16 ~ 248.4

Back down some today almost back to my low from last week. Finally starting to feel better. A bit bummed to have no progress again for a week. That's always hard to see when you know your doing everything right. I go to the grocery today so hopefully some of the changes I plan on making to my macros for the coming week will have an impact and make a difference with my body cooperating and losing again.

Thanks for the support from everyone this week.

Casey ~ Awesome! So happy for you. Hope you get to stay in the 160s today!

Lacerta ~ I used to be addicted to milk too when I was younger. When I was a teenager I drove my mom nuts. I probably was close to 3 gallons a week myself. At some point I just kind of stopped craving it the same way, probably at some point since becoming an adult and I had to start paying for it myself. I don't drink it at all anymore.

momtopands ~ You did it! Way to go. Lets see if we can both keep it going.

kfunk ~ I know exactly how you feel about the wasted week. I'm right there with you. Lets just stay focused and not give up and binge on donuts. Deal?

Catherine ~ Great that your plan is working for you. Hope you enjoy your weekend with your family for the holiday.

nicoley ~ You're doing great. So close to goal already and only halfway through the month.

We might go to the pool today. I could use some vitamin D.

Right now, the coffee is done brewing! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 06-16-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #146  

Back up a bit today. The heat in Illinois is getting to me. Heat index right now is 101 degrees!! I just returned from a couple errands. I have a headache and I’m nauseated. I’m drinking lots of water as I always do. Anyone else trying to deal with oppressive heat? Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
Old 06-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #147  
|| Casey ||

Kim: Nice loss today...glad to see you're starting to settle back down to where you are! And, try not to feel too bad about it -- life can and will throw us curveballs in the forms of some things we can't control like cycle fluctuations, tummy issues, illnesses, and the like. Staying on plan through it all mitigates the damage that could have really been done if we'd gone off-plan on top of it all... I think you did great in spite of the sidetrack! You're already getting back to where you were instead of having 6-7 lbs to deal with over the next week or two. So, good job!

Catherine Rose: We've had some thunderstorms roll in here lately, so it's actually cooled it off a few degrees the past couple of days...but, I definitely can relate to oppressive heat! Good job staying hydrated today, and I hope that helps get rid of the nausea and headache for you.

Happy to see I've kept the loss so far at 169.4 today! Hoping that means I will be able to claim the new decade and move down from here tomorrow. The pool party that was planned for today at the friend's house was cancelled, since he ended up getting weekend duty unexpectedly for the day. There has also been some scattered thunderstorms in the area anyway, so it was probably going to fall through either way -- but, at least I was prepared to go, swimsuit and loose skin and all....I think that mental hurdle is half the battle, so there is that at least!

Week Three
15: 169.6
16: 169.4
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
End of Week Two: 170.6

Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #148  
Shorty getting fit

S/C/G: 162/132/119

Hi, guys!

I'm taking a little break from weight loss, maybe for a week. I got a skin treatment done yesterday morning to remove some acne scars I had. Although my dr didn't suggest it, I got it in my head that eating high protein and at a calorie surplus would aid my recovery and results. I've been eating up to 300 calories above maintenance the past two days and will probably keep doing so until Friday. I've been completely conked out with no energy, just waking up every few hours to do my required skin care, eating, and then dozing off. I guess it's the healing process that's making me so sleepy? I'll probably be able to do some light exercise in a few days. Knowing how my body works though, I'm pretty sure the lack of movement in the meantime will have me packing on some weight, but I'm ok with that given the circumstances.

Lacerta - Congrats on the jeans victory! Fitting back into smaller sizes is so rewarding.

yangzter - Two meals a day is a helpful method for keeping food in check when traveling. I'm glad it's working for you! I believe ange is doing something similar during her travel for work.

kfunk - I hope the Sunday eating doesn't cause a bump after you've been dealing with that last hellish bump. You deserve a break from that frustration! Have you selected what you'll be ordering?

SnowMama - Oh man, 11 consecutive days is rough! I'm sorry your fav restaurant is closing. I still haven't fully recovered from when mine did about 5 years ago. I wish I were kidding but I truly do miss that place. Your fav meal sounds delicious!

Ophelia - Wow, awesome whoosh! I'm so happy you got that! Oh wow, just saw you had another drop and into a new decade, to boot! How was Incredibles 2? My brother and I, although both adults (well, chronologically, anyway ) are thinking of seeing it. Well done for being mentally ready for the pool party.

Kim - Yay, I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better!

Catherine Rose - Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about no tomatoes since you use them a lot in your cooking. I do too, and that would be a hard food to give up. Have you started thinking up new dishes to make staples in your diet? Ugh, that heat sounds awful. I don't deal well with the heat either.

momtopands - Congrats on the new decade; that's awesome! . Good luck to your son in his career venture! I hope the prep stress doesn't get too bad.

Last edited by Chunkahlunkah; 06-16-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Chunkahlunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #149  

Casey - so happy for your remaining in the 160’s �� Great job sticking with your plan
Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #150  
~Kim~

Current Weight ~ 249.4
Lbs to go ~ 7.2

6/1 ~ 252.2
6/2 ~ 251
6/3 ~ 251.8
6/4 ~ 251.8
6/5 ~ 250.2
6/6 ~ 249.4
6/7 ~ 249.2
6/8 ~ 248.2
6/9 ~ 248.2
6/10 ~ 248.8
6/11 ~ 248.8
6/12 ~ Did not weight
6/13 ~ Did not weight
6/14 ~ Did not weight
6/15 ~ 249.6
6/16 ~ 248.4
6/17 ~ 249.4

I. Don't. Understand. Ugh. If I don't get a whoosh soon I might lose my mind.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 06-18-2018 at 08:08 AM.