Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Lauren~Onederland Express. Whoooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!! Menu Sounds yummo

Jellofer~You will win that Challenge.You are doing great

Tiffruth~Getting back on Track is half the battle. Admitting you fell off< recognizing that u had a minor glitch, defines who you are. It takes a special person, strong person to reach out and grab the boot straps and pull yourself up. We all have our hand reaching out for yours to help you. I am proud of you!! We are here for you. Major NSC victory Tiffruth!!!!

Meowmix~Congrats on the 2 pound loss. Way to Go!

Ms P~Whoooo hooooo Happy for you. When is the big day?

Tummy~You are amazing. you will be sub 135 no doubts.

Catch ya all later Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

tiffrutherf

WOW!!! that sounds like a full plate. All of that doesn't make what your doing any easier. What about throwing the kids in the car in the morning and walking the mall. Just to start and to get you and them out of the house. When we have my nieces and nephews to watch, which is always in the winter, and they dont sleep over anywhere well without mom and dad. That is what we do. I don't know if you live close to a mall. then maybe they will nap a bit and you can use your homegym. I have learned through much trial and error that there is great power in walking to aid in fat burning. Plus you will be able to get out of your house and see adults. Our local malls open their main doors early for walkers.

I hope that helps. We are all here for you! You can do this.
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon girls! Just got back from grocery shopping--man alive it's crazy how fast we go through things in this house!

Just had a healthy lunch of chicken & veggies and drinking my water as I type (glug, glug).

I missed my workout this morning as the girls were up all night. I was literally so tired that I could not physically open my eyes. It's all good though, I'm eating POP and not having the urge to binge so I consider that a victory in itself. If I manage a workout later, I'll probably hit the treadmill tonight for some HIIT.

Not sure when ST'ing will resume--I fell down the stairs (well, just a few of them) and when I caught myself I thrashed my left shoulder. Not sure if it's a pulled muscle or what, but it's been giving me trouble. Oh and did I mention how out of shape I got in just a month?! Yeeouch am I ever sore from my workout yesterday!

Tiff~ oh hun, you've gotten lots of great advice but I have to add a little more: Take some time for yourself! You sound like you have so much on your plate right now! Just a half an hour to yourself can make all the difference in the world. I have 4 kids, the 2 youngest of which are twins, and when stress hits--I hit the fridge! When I can get a mental break for just a bit, I feel so much better and don't look to food. (I'm on Zoloft btw so I can relate to being on meds ) You're doing a fantastic thing reaching out for help though, so here's another hand for you to grab onto! Believe me when I say that I know what it's like to fall off the wagon! Heck, I fell off, got my pant leg caught on the back hitch and got dragged over every pothole, rock and prickly thorn bush along the way and it was only after seeing how much weight I'd gained that I came running back where I belong, here with these girls. Hang in there hun!

Okay ladies, didn't mean to write a novel--I just wanted to check in say heya! I'm down a bit more today--water weight still I'm sure, but I'll take it!

Have a great day ladies and a great weekend too if I don't catch ya!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #244  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

January Weight Loss Challenge List
If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know.

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
Mikan: Reach 150's
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
MelO: Lose 8 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
tigga: Lose 10 lbs
Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
tyla: Lose 5 lbs to reach 140 lbs
Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
jellofer2: Reach 233 lbs
busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror
Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
LaurenA: Reach Onederland
bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
Nella: Lose 8 lbs
ilunikavi: Reach 205 lbs
Scatterheart: Lose 10.8 lbs
Tiffrutherf: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239
Lewisempire: Reach 205 lbs/10% Loss
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #245  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

jellofer-YAY!! So glad to see your success. I knwo it's been a long time coming. I almost felt like letting out a sigh of relief as if it were me that had finally come down from a 2 month plateau.

LaurenA-WOO HOO!! Another chickie at goal already! You girls are showing this month who's boss! I'm so glad things are clicking for you. BTW, YUM!!! on the Spanish food.

Tiffrutherf-I'm so glad you're staying connected here. I know it'd be "easier" to just go off and continue eating everything, but you're doing the right thing for you by declaring that you can and will stop and make good choices. You definitely have A LOT on your plate right now and stress is high. Just think of this as the one thing in your life you have CONTROL over. I agree with Sandye though. Try to make a little "me" time, even 10 minutes when you can sit or lay down and just relax somehow. More time would be great, but if hubby can't help, 10 minutes can do the trick. You're worth it! Take good care, hon!

Sandye-Sorry to hear about your shoulder. That's got to stink! Do what you can until it heals. I took a week and a half away from ST'ing and I totally felt it when I resumed! Keep the icy-hot handy!! LOL

Pat-It looks like the 25th will be the big day.

Last edited by Ms Perception; 01-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #246  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

OK, I'm going to do my best, but I've missed al ot in one day!

Ms.P - WAHOO!!!! on the closing date!! I'm so jealous you get a fancy brand new house! lol Enjoy every minute of the decorating!

Sandye - So glad you're back! We all missed you. I'm sorry about your shoulder, I hurt mine making cookies over Xmas. Don't even ask how someone pulls a muscle baking, but it was probably punishment for me actually making them, lol.

Lauren - Girl you are rocking it!!! I'm so glad for you! Welcome to Onederland, enjoy the lifetime stay!

Tiff - Good Lord honey! I don't even know what to say other then, let the baby cry it out and set them in a jumpy seat while you do your workouts. Even if it's 15 minutes. Whatever you do, stay here with us. These ladies are beyond awesome and inspiring.

Jello - Keep on shedding those pounds girl!!!

Tummy - You and Ms. P wih your marathons make me tired just thinking about it! Maybe one day I will get to the point that I can run half as much as you two can. So proud of you! Keep it up!

MeowMix - Congrats girl! Almost there!

Gekster - I think my scale is on the fritz too. It tells me somethng different every time, and it's 2 pounds more than the one we have at my office (we're weird like that, lol) I just changed the battery in mine not that long ago, I guess I need to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Well, not much to report here again. I was dropping, then my 2 pound bounce started again. Now betweek 162 & 164. It's so freaking annoying. But I did figure out that I need to either cut calories more or increase my activity a lot more. I'm running a 400-500 cal deficit daily if that, and that's not working for me.

Oh, and my mom gave me her Polar HRM with the monitor watch thing, but the batteries are dead. Well I figured out to have the batteries replaced, it's going to cost me almost as much as a new one because I have ot send it away, and there are 2 batteries to replace, so I'm looking at almost $45 to get it up and running. Grrrrr! So now I'm scouring the internet looking for aone on a good deal. I'd rather have one with out the chest strap anyway.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Evening Ladies,

Super busy day again and now my interent is slooooowwww so I hope this even posts.

But I'll be short, just wanted to say to Tiff that it's definitely a lot going on but it's all perspective some days, try making a list of all the ways you can fit in a little you time, or things that are going great, good choices you're making, the stuff you should give yourself credit for, kwim? You can totally do this, we all fall down sometimes, you just keep getting up again.

Everybody else, I'll have to catch up tomorrow. Finally feel like I've got my groove back with all this stuff. I sort of felt like I lost my mojo over Christmas and now it's back! I'm super pumped, I dont' know whether it's school or the new year, or all you new ladies that are working so hard, but I feel like I could do just about anything today. See ya'll tomorrow!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #248  

Good morning and Happy Saturday to you lovely ladies!!!

Lauren~ I'm so sorry! I totally forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on making it to Onderland!!!! That is fantastic and I'm super proud of you!!!

Nella~ Okay, I won't ask how you did it, but man I can't wrap my head around a baking related shoulder injury!

Okay girls so I'm down a bit more today and I've been putting off telling you all how much I've gained...it's astonishing. I mean, absolutely insane I tell you. I swore my mom to secrecy, but I need to just suck it up and spill it. Okay...deep breath...I hit 160.2 on Tuesday morning. There, okay, I said it. AHHHHH! It's it awful? I mean, how does someone gain nearly 30 pounds in a month?!?!? You'd think I did nothing but lay in bed and stuff my face full of cheesecake all day without moving a muscle! (which, for the record, I didn't ) Sheesh. I KNOW some of it's water weight as I wasn't drinking my water at all (feel free to bust out those frying pans and gasp in horror), but 30 POUNDS?!?!

Ugh.

Okay, so I'm sitting at 155.2 today. It's coming off at a pretty good rate and already my belly is much flatter (I'm guessing I retain water in my belly, much like a camel does in their humps ) but I'm still only able to wear one pair of pants out in public without scaring people.

Anyway, it feels good to get it out there in the open. I was feeling guilty for not coming clean and now that guilt is gone. Whew!

Okee dokee girls, I'm outta here. I've said more than enough for today and I need to shower away all the sweat I worked up from my workout this morning and run to the store for my meds--I completely forgot to pick them up yesterday--d'oh!

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll catch ya later!!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #249  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

SANDYE ~Don't you feel better now?
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #250  

Yes, yes I do.
How's that bathroom comin'? Did you get more paint yet?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #251  

Morning!

Meowmix - Congratulations! A helathy BMI is marvelous, it makes the vanity pounds feel like a nice little bonus and congrats on that big 7-0 as well, love the nice riound numbers, that's just amazing.

MsP - Hmmm, October you say, lol, that would be too cool if we could coordinate across the continent but we have nothing that late for fear of snow. We have a hypothermic half marathon at the end of February but it all depends on what kind of training I can fit in after hitting goal again (which is taking forever, grr) OMG that's only 9 days away, how thrilling, and then you can run again too, double exciting! Hope you enjoyed that pizza supper.

Jellofer - Ok so I've never heard of that first one, yes the lavender, marvelous! LOL I liked the commercial

Lauren - on 199! What a marvelous milestone. Congrats on all that hard work and determination. And holy yummy food batman, I think I fell into a Chocolate flan once and didn't come out for days Enjoy, sounds romantic too, maybe some candles, hint, hint, wink, wink.

Dixiemae
- Why thank you, I haven't felt so amazing lately, losing bloat and a few extra pounds does not a happy Tummy make but I'm feeling better. How are you doing?

Nella - You must be some serious baker, holy, lol. But honestly, I've pulled a back muscle scratching my butt before so who am I to judge?
Oh now I see why you wanted a different HRM, my polar has a chest strap and I know Sandye hated the one she had without, it all makes sense now. I try not to think of running marathons too often either it makes me tired too . I like to take it one mile at a time, that's what kept this 200 plus pound girl running on the road, just one more mile, or a heart attack, whichever came first.

Sandye
- Isn't that belly bloat awful? I mean I looked frickin' pregnant when we got back from holidays. My stomach finally flattened out yesterday or the day before and now it looks like a deflated balloon I guess that's what we get. LMAO your mom makes me laugh, don't you feel better? My mom would so say that too. I just wanted to add how intensly proud of you I am, myself, I think I would have crawled into a small (or large) hole and eaten myself back to a very unhealthy place. I'm not so good at stopping things like that. Welcome back to the healthy you my dear. Oh and b/c I know how ppl love unsolicated advice but one book I found super helpful about the behavioural psychology of weight loss was the Beck Diet. And I think we share some similar eating behaviours like the crazy binging variety and that book gave me some practical ways to curb that and almost stop it all together, almost

LTTG - Honestly, that almost made me pee my pants, too funny, lol. I could almost see the motherly look on you face.

Well all this mother talk and I think I need to call mine and see how she's doing. Nice and sore today, good STing yesterday. It's a rather nice day today too, maybe a nice outside run? Who knows, I'll find some cardio somewhere today!

Oh and yesterday was measurement picture day, except I didn't do pictures since I'm the same weight this month as last (well almost ) but I did take measurements and I lost 0.25 inches last month, in my forearm of all places. I also lost 2 inches in my lower abdomen too but that I don't count towards my inches it's just something I like to track. However, I'm hoping that this deflated balloon o'skin will perk up in the next year, so it doesn't look so much like unbaked bread dough but what ya gonna do, lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok. Someone reel me in. I am falling into the carb ocean!!! Save me. Throw me a life vest!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #253  

Jellofer, put down the right this very moment or maybe the needs to go in the garbage. Each time you resist something, it will be easier next time, but each time you give in, that gets easier too. Away from the kitchen, distract yourself with a book, a walk, a drive, something!!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 260/240/170

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Talking woot woot!

I had an unfortunate event where I weighed myself on an old scale and then bought a new one for my apt. and the new one told me I weighed 15 pounds more than the old one Despite this unfortunate event I have still managed to lose 5 pounds so far! Maybe I can make it past my target weight loss goal! Wish me luck! <3<3
Emilia LaCasuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #255  

Jellofer~ perhaps you could practice my distraction method: Closet purging and cleaning! Step away from the carbs--come on, you can do it!

Tummy~ :lmao: Unbaked bread dough!!! Bwahahaha! OMG, I soooooo feel ya on that one!! It's a perfect description too! *snort* Hahahaha! Okay, whew, you really cracked me up! Thanks for not kickin' my butt too hard. I'll have to check that book out. I'm not entirely sure there was any psychological reason behind my eating though--I was just thoroughly enjoying the holiday goodies a bit too much. One thing did dawn on me during all my chowing--it dawned on me that for the first time in a loooooooooong time, I wasn't eating my feelings or my stress. I was just...eating because I wanted to eat that pecan pie or that fudge or those cookies...no underlying factor, no boredom, no stress or depression, just eating for the sake of eating. Not that that's a good thing to do either, but given the time of year it was, it's not unheard of either. So, you may find this odd, but I'm actually proud of myself. I didn't turn to food to calm me (this year was amazingly stress free) or cheer me up--and THAT is a BIG deal! Now with that said, I'm irked that I'm no longer fitting into my smaller clothes, but I'll get back into them in no time.

Whew! Sorry for rambling your eyes off girl! (get it, eyes, not ears...hahaha! I slay me!)

I just finished purging and cleaning my closet! I unpacked boxes that had been partially unpacked for almost 3 years! I got rid of so much stuff!!! I even managed to put together a little care package for a friend of my hubby's who's wife just had a baby girl. Two brand new outfits, a brand new container of Balmex...other little things too, just sitting in my closet. It'll be nice to give them a new home.

So, now I'm putting away some random stuff that belongs in random places and I can call it done. This is the very first time that all of mine and hubby's stuff (in our bedroom, closets, dressers, bathroom) has been organized COMPLETELY since we got together over 12 years ago! Insane isn't it? Ten moves in ten years made nomads out of us and we left a lot of things packed in boxes to be shoved into closets until the next move.

It feels so freeing to have it all where it belongs!

Now, that's not to say there isn't more work to do, there certainly is (remember my scary basement? ), but I can now sit back and relax in my room and know I don't need to do a single thing in there (besides paint ).

Okee dokee then, I've rambled on like a crazy woman! Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!