Old 01-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies, I know it has been a few days things have been so busy around here. Today was my baby DS birthday he is 15 OMG can't believe it where has the time gone. Makes me really feel old LOL... On the upside though I made sure I ate a good dinner and only had a small piece of the birthday cake and didn't go back for seconds or even eat any other junk Yeah what a great achievement for me.

No lets see for the dietician, things are going well she gave me homework to do, so I am learning how and when and what to eat for me. She is making me do the homework and not just making me out a menu plan, I am doing it myself with her guidence and that is working well for me. I can email or call her at any time and she will be coming to the house once a month te see how things are going and to see if we need to make any changes. I think I am off to a good start... What she did is to give me a breakdown of how many fruit/veg, grains, milk, meat, and fats I need for each meal and snack as well as the calories. So wish me luck and I will keep you posted. Have a great night
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

MsP - Holy frickin' skinny batman, yeha!!! Oh man, my smilies won't work, well [insert happy celebratory smilies here] Way to go, hats off to you and a million congradulations!!! Yay, you made me clap in my the middle of my living room!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #273  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Ms. P - WAHOO!!!! You go girl!! That's fanfrickentastic!!

Mystical - Good on you for avoiding the cake binge!

No news here again on the scale front. Hanging at 164.something. Ready to see some 15_'s. My muscles are sore from my workout, but it's a good sore feeling. DH got us a couples massage over the weekend, but I could sure use it right now, lol.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

MsP!!!!! Did i ever tell you your my hero!!!!! Your in the 120's. That is fanFRICKentastic!!!! (JUmping up and down wildly).

Ok Tummy-----2.8 of my carb binge gone already. Hit the gym hard today. Bike and treadmill. Ran, walked, lifted pressed, squated and pushed. Wohoo!!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #275  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hey Chickies

I've been kind of ghosting here and keeping tabs on everyone. I'm having a rough time, kicked my husband out last Monday and things are... well... emotional at best, chaotic ad middling and horrible at worst. I'll be ok though, don't you worry. I just wanted to pop my head in and say CONGRATS TO MS P the 120's.... w-o-w.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #276  

Ms P. Conrats! that is so awesome I agree with jellofer2 You are a HERO! Thanks for sharing and keeping me motivated.

jellofer2 Wow you are doing so good! Keep up the good work.

Shrinking Girl Sorry to hear about all your problems. I know it must be a stressful time.. You you need to talk don't hesitate to pm. Keep your head help high and keep up the good work!

Now for me I am doing awesome I have my new menu all together and I have been putting it in on daily plate. Can't believe I am really getting my act toegether finally. With all the new foods I am eating I actually feel like that is all I am doing is eating LOL, I put in all the foods and I am getting in about 1600 a day but boy do I feel like I am eating all day long... I guess it is the difference in eating the healthy foods the right way. Hope everyone else is doing great today . Hope to hear from all of you soon.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #277  

Howdy Ladies, Good Afternoon,

Nello - You're very welcome, I found the concept really helpful just in the last few days. Most things that have helped me with the weight loss have been about shifting my mindset and not the big crazy stuff, kwim?

Nella - Thanks, I have a feeling I'll do pretty good but I've never done an online course before, so right now it's more the uncertainty of how it all works and things.

Jellofer - Good to hear Now doesn't that feel better, lol?

Mystical - I think that's when you know you got it, when you feel like you're eating all day and the chewing never ends, that's a sure fire indicator that you're eating healthy food (usually, lol) I found that most garbage food it was easier to inhale and didn't require nearly as much chewing.

SG - Oh

I myself have some exciting news, I found my marathon! It's June 20, father's day and dh is off that weekend which was a prerequisite for whichever one I picked and the greatest part is that it's in Winnipeg, so I get to fly home and run it in front (and hopefully with) some of my family and friends. Cuz goodness knows around mile 20 I'll need some motivation! Super excited, the weather in June in Winnipeg is not really marathon perfection, hot and humid but I'm only aiming to finish this one and the Winnipeg course is well flat, very flat and ultimately home for me so it will be awesome to spend some time running at home fufilling a goal.

And another super surprise is that dh got me a weight goal present. He ordered it back in December when I hit 135 but it was back ordered and will not be here until another week but he counldn't wait any longer it appears. It's a Garmin GPS HRM, it tracks your distance, elevation, pace, speed and all that marvelous stuff, which might just be great for marathon training! Too excited, what a marvelous day.

TTFN
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #278  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

SG-Sorry hon. Like mystical said, feel free to PM if you ever want to talk. Keep taking good care of yourself!

Tummy-Yay! Now you've got that goal and time frame firmly in mind. Nothing can stop ya!! Oooh and super YAY on the goal gift! Sounds fantastic.

jellofer-WOW on the workout!

I think I pulled an oblique yesterday or 'cuz there's a little discomfort over there, but anyway. Just wanted to say hey before I go get some miles in.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:35 AM   #279  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Quick fly by before work. Just wanted to say have a great POP day everyone!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #280  

Morning Ladies,

MsP - Yup, I like deadlines and now I'm good with training and all that jazz. The HRM will be very helpful to know how far I'm going when I'm back on the road, and how fast too. At least I won't have to drive the truck and measure everywhere like before. Take care of that side of yours, that's a funny spot to pull. Enjoy your walk.

Nella - Hi back at ya! You as well.

Got my first test tonight with school so I look forward to seeing how it's formatted and things, and will get in some extra studying a bit later. I'm also going to go for an 8 mile run this afternoon when dd is napping and dh probably will be too. And tomorrow we're off to the city for the day and I'll be MIA.

So where has everybody gotten to? We're missing a lot of checking in my goodness, hope everyone is doing alright out there.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #281  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

It is quiet on here indeed!

Tummy-My side already feels better. I think I must've worked it out differently than normal and it was too fond of it!

Today I'm going to be trying to get some of our stuff packed up that we've had at the in-laws. In one week we'll be in our new house, so I don't want to be completely unprepared. There are LOTS of last minute details that I've been tending to the last couple days. It's keeping me on my toes. Today I figured I'd catch up all the laundry and organize/pack clothes, then start organizing odds and ends from Christmas into boxes I got from the grocery store yesterday. I'm not going to worry about getting everything done in one day or anything, so whatever gets done today is good with me. I've got no big plans other than this for the next couple days. Friday DH is taking me on an overnight date which will be a wonderful break from the moving stuff. I'm so joyful and content right now. It's a beautiful place to be!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #282  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick drive by to say hey, and grats to all our losers this week, and keep hanging in there to the rest of us. I had a small loss this week, but went off plan this weekend and my scale was mean this morning. I missed a couple of workouts, but was back in the gym this morning and on plan, so I'm planning to stick with that. Good luck everyone!
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I have not weighed-in this week yet (well, at least not officially). My husband's car broke down this morning and it looks like we will need to dish out $490.00 for a new alternator and the cost of labor..yikeees! My husband came home and said "This is the news. Aren't you going to go to WW?" and I was not planning on going until tonight but now I can't go since he took my car to work while his is in the shop....ughhhhhh I'll go tomorrow morning and then post here about my progress thus far!

I had dry beef salami this morning for breakfast and allocated 6 pts to it....that's a lot of points for a small indulgance...not worth it but hey, I have learned my lesson! I am making salmon and veggies for lunch...trying to stay On Plan today!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #284  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Ms_P wow the 120's! That's amazing! Congratulations!

Last edited by L R K; 01-19-2010 at 02:20 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #285  

LaurenA Hope all is well with you

Summer2010 Sorry to hear about your car troubles I really hate when that happens.... Can't wait to hear how you are doing let me know after your WI...

shea5 Good job getting right back on track. I know it is hard to get back on track sometimes so you are doing great.

Ms Perception So glad that you side is better. An overnight date WOW that sounds great you deserve a break, everything you have been doing makes me tired just reading it LOL...

Tummy Girl Good luck with the test. I know you will do great. Have fun on the run.

Nella Hope you have a great day

As for me I hurt my knee, don't know how, I don't remember doing anything to it but it is all swelled up and it has a big bruise on the side of it. So I haven't been able to do my workouts the last couple of days, Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to start back. On the good side of things I have started losing some weight again.. I know my dietician told me not to check but once a week but I just had to take a peek. LOL I let you all know the official weight loss on Saturday

I hope everyone is doing well, it has been very quiet in here keep up the good work hope to hear from you all soon