Old 01-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #316  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Ugh.
Totally just lost a huge post.

In summary. I hope everyone is doing great.
I weighed in today and I've lost 32.5 inches total.
I'm gonna post this now before it too is gone.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning!

Congrats to everyone on the loses, my goodness there's some big ones out there! And SG, those inches, that's marvelous!

I'm bouncing around my same pound too, maybe the body likes 138 better than 135, for now . Oh well, I'm hanging out at my maintenance calories anyway so it's nice to know it's not going up! And I guess if I really wanted it lower, I'd eat less, lol.

Alrighty gotta hit the weights and get some studying in before a phone date with a friend of mine. You know you're busy when you schedule phone time, hilarious.

Have a great saturday ladies!

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 01-23-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #318  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I feel like I'm in a daytime drama. I found out late Thursday that my sister who lives in Alaska died, they think of heart failure (but since she's on Medicaid, they don't do autopsies). She was only 47. Her 17 and 18 year old daughters are now there by themselves (no dad), don't know what's next. Ugh. Everything will turn out just how it's supposed to, but ugh. Emotional turmoil sucks. Our mom died when I was 16 (I'm the youngest of 7), and Dad just died in August. I was already over this death thing a long time ago.

Anyway, life does go on, and my weight, according to my unreliable temporary scale, is 205.6, so I have 2.6 pounds to go to reach my January 10-pound goal. I'm doing great on my exercise and diet--it's been easy this past week since DH was out of town. He's back tonight and we have a house guest. I'm making dinner so I can control the calories, but that booze is a mighty temptress...

Everyone is doing so great on this challenge, and love hearing the progress reports--keep it up, a week to go!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #319  

Louisa - OMG that's terrible, you've had a whole lot to deal with in this last little bit, my goodness. Your nieces sure are in a tough spot too. And at least you can control that dinner, always best that way

Quiet weekend round here. Just wanted to stick my head in to say hello then off to study and drop garbage at the dump, yes the exciting life I lead. But at least today I'll get in some extra studying time with no worlouts and things, here's hoping. And well, if the garbage doesn't go soon I won't be able to make it out of my house, I'll be trapped!

Scale is still in love with 138 so I guess I will be too and leave it at that for today. Have a brilliant day ladies.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #320  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Been off plan for a couple days. Keeping busy with packing, planning, setting up deliveries of appliances, furniture, phone service, etc. It's not excuse, but I'm just saying there's a lot going on and I'm exhausted. My overnight date was AWESOME and we had a fantastic time. It was just what I needed but now I can't seem to catch up on sleep. Gotta love alone time with DH!
Well, I'm going to eat better now and stop indulging myself just because I'm too tired and busy to care. This week will only get busier, so I better get my head on straight. I'll be on here as much as I can early in the week, 'cuz from about Wednesday afternoon to Saturday I won't have online access much and we'll be doing the majority of our moving on Saturday. Hope everyone's doing well and enjoying the benefits of healthy living!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Louisa H - sorry to hear about you sis and everything else that has gone on. What a tough several months you've had.

Ms Perception - lol, you gotta love those mini breaks.

Glad to hear about all those loses. I'm still hovering around 121. I had a study group meeting on Saturday which everyone brought foodie bits for. I ate way too much chocolates and chips. I must have eaten around 3600 cals that day. At least I went to the gym yesterday and really pushed myself... that's what this week is all about.

Come to think of it, the carb frenzies I had were, one just before TOM and one towards the end. I'm hoping when it's not TOM I will be able to control myself around certain foods a little better.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #322  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Happy Monday everyone. Is this pretty typical for the input to die off toward the end of the month? It's pretty sleepy sound here!

Thanks TG and Taurie. What I realize is that life is always rough. We thrive on challenges, and create them ourselves if there isn't enough going on externally. Actually we create our own challenges, consciously or unconsciously, (some of us choose healthy, safe challenges, others choose dangerous, sometimes deadly challenges). We get overwhelmed when we suddenly have to deal with other people's challenges on top of our own.

I choose healthy and happy. See you all there.

So I've been proud of myself for eating my small meals and staying within my calories, but I haven't been paying enough attention to eating the proper number of fresh veggies, and I'm actually low on my carbs (what? I LOVE bread). Now I'm going to work on focusing on getting the proper nutrition. It's tough when you try to eat only local because there are no fresh veg in the winter. Hate going to the store, but I have to be healthy--that's the whole point of this!
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #323  
Tigga

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Hi All,
I made my January GOAL!!!!
10 lbs GONE
I will work hard this week to start February off right.
tigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #324  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies!!

Tigga - WAHOO!!! Great work!

Louisa - You too!! Great job on sticking to your plan and really putting in 110%!

Taurie - TOM sucks. I'm about to have a visit from him myself

Ms. P - Have fun with the move!

Tummy - We all lead such exciting lives, lol. Hope the studying went well.

Well, I recovered from my Mexican food binge on Thursday, but now I'm feeling puffy and crampy waiting from TOM to show up. No big news here.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi everyone. I have had a bad cold and sinus infection since Christmas eve. Geez I missed a lot~got a lot of catching up to do! I went back through the pages just to find my weigh in SW. Thought I hadnt done much thus far. then I realized not bad. I was really frustrated with how slowly I am loosing. Left the house so I wouldn't eat the first thing that didn't eat me first. Came back with some healthy groceries. So here goes

Goal 5 pounds

Jan 1~166
Jan 8
Jan 15
Jan 22~162.8
Jan 31
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #326  

Hey ladies, second course started today and wow, I even get to make a video presentation of myself talking and post it to U-tube, ugh. Oh well, I'll make the best of it but I think I might be studying, working out, eating, family time, repeat for the next few months. So once again, off to study!

Tigga congrats on goal! That's awesome!

In my quest for that illusive goal, I thought I was done for but it turns out my body fat somehow hit 22% today and it's been firmly stuck at 24% for the last three weeks. Pretty jazzed about that, it's pretty hard to lose another 1% in a week but I'm thrilled that it's finally moving. I thought I noticed some more definition the last week but you know how the eyes can be all tricky on ya. That's enough of my blah blah.

Let's finish the week out strong ladies and onto February!!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Tigga - that's fantastic!

Dixiemae - sinus infections are the worst. i seem to always get them during hayfever season. at least you got the scale moving in the right direction.

Tummy Girl - may I ask what you are studying?
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #328  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

SANDYE ~Happy birthday!

DELPHI ~Thinking of you today.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #329  

Morning!

Taurie - I'm taking a college program to become a personal trainer, it'll be about 2 years. Right now it's human anatomy (hence all the studying) and elements of personal performance. I have a greater respect for all those personal trainers out there now, this is a lot more work than I thought, lol. I always forget you're in london until those posts that show up in the middle of the night!

LTTG - Can you make her long on for her birthday!! Thanks for telling us. And however are you doing?

Heading over to the office to us the treadmill at 9am this morning so it's an early start and want to get some food in me with enough time to digest I've got my new HRM so I always like to play with new gadgets, what fun. Then off to do what, omg, yuppers, the human skeletal system would like me to remember the seven hundred ridges, depressions and spines of the pelvis, woohoo!

And finally lost a pound! down into 137's now, just 2lbs left till my magic number and then the Christmas chunkies will be gone. They sure did make me work for it the second time.

Have a great day.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I am still around. TOM showed up so I'll go for my WW meeting a little bit later this week...hopefully the water weight will be off and I'll see some progress. I di manage to go to the gym on Friday, Sat and Sun.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote