Old 01-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #286  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Default A bit more about Chalean Extreme

LE - You asked about the Chalean Extreme Diet. I am not following (yet) as I am not sure it is for me. It has you eat 5 times a day (3 meals and 2 snack) and has 3 phases of the diet portion which goes along with 3 phases of the workout (each is 4 weeks).

Phase 1 (Burn Phase) has you hit a calorie point of between 1200 and 1500 calories depending on your starting weight. It has you focus on low carbs and fats and rich lean protein and veggies.
Phase 2 (Push Phase) adds a bit to portion size and calories from Phase 1.
Phase 3 (Lean Phase) again has you add to portion size and calories from Phase 2 and since this is considered maintenance phase, it has you gradually increase calories until you learn what your body needs to maintain.

What I am personally not a fan of is that in each of the phases it basically gives you recipes to choose from and I felt that I would go broke sticking to their foods.

One of my girlfriends tried the CLX workout with me and she was not as excited about it as P90X as she likes a more rigid "bodybuilding" regimen. I find this is a good workout for me as the videos are about 35-40 minutes and work multiple muscle groups at a time and they are fun compared to X. I will say that I do add in Turbo Jam or the elliptical a couple of days a week to ensure that I have additional cardio.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Lovin' the motivation on this thread!

I broke 122 and now 121.4 lol!!
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #288  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all!!

Well, I had a homemade chocolate chip cookie incident last night. I ate several even though I wasn't hungry. There was no major damage on the scale, but I knew I shouldn't have them since I was satisfied and just ate them because they smelled so good! Darn that MIL for baking so often!!! One more week and I'll have COMPLETE kitchen control again! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! I'm a control freak sometimes, so it drives me a little nuts that someone is baking or cooking things I don't want or need. I truly appreciate their generosity for letting us stay here, but I know she and I both will be glad to have our kitchens to ourselves next week.
Otherwise things are good. We are looking at getting a dog soon too, so I've been online looking into all that (food to buy, etc.). I know it sounds crazy to get a dog right away, but some of our best friends did it the same way and it worked out amazingly well for them. So, we may just add a new pet in the next week or 2 also. The one we're looking at is a house trained 2 y/o, so it's a bit easier than a puppy. Well, that about covers it for me. Time to pay some bills and get some stuff done. Have a great day!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 01-20-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #289  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone!

Taurie - WAHOO!!! Me too, see below!

Ms. P - Oh, those darn fresh baked cookies get me every time! At least next week you'll be back in your own place and your own space. Good luck with the doggie finding!

Nello - Good for you for keepin going! I haven't tried either of those programs but they sound interesting.

So, I was a good girl and did my workouts last night. 30 mins of cardio, 15 weights, and some crunches at home watching TBL. Scale said, well it said a lot of things this morning. It's my new scale, but it's being stupid already! I'm going to change the batteries tonight, even though they were just put in there. So it said 161.4, 161.8, 160.8, and 162.0. So averaged out that's 161.5. I'll take it. Don't think I'm some crazy scale person, but I weighted first when I had wet hair (I have thick long hair), so I weighed again after I dried it and it went up!, so then I was pissed, lol, and tried to figure out what was going on.

Any which way, even the highest number was lower than my stuck point of 162.8, so I'm a happy chica!

Also, I joined sparkpeople.com because Fitday isn't doing it for me anymore. The exercises aren't accurate and the calories on a lot of foods are way off. I also like that on sparkpeople there are a lot more exercises to choose from for tracking and they have a water counter. It's silly, but those are the things that motivate me. I'm a "have to see it" kind of person.

Anyway, have a lovely day chickies!!!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I am down 3.5 lbs this week! I am so happy! Whoot whoot!!!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ohh and I forgot to add...that's a total of 7 lbs for the month of January so far. My goal is 15 lbs so we'll see. I still have 10 days so I'll chip at that number as much as I can!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #292  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

nellonello - That sounds like a fairly complex diet...not sure I could keep up with that either

Taurie - Way to go!!

Ms Perception - I can't imagine having to share a kitchen witha baker..hard to resist those fresh baked cookie smell...mmmmm It's almost over though!!!

Nella - Scales can be tricky, mine do that too...an average may be a good solution

Summer2010 - awesome job, you are trucking right ahead!

Getting back onto my eating plan...but I'm gettng worried about my goal at this point. The exercise...I know it's slowing me down, and I'm not planning on dropping it, but it's crazy how slow the scale moves. On the positive side...I am starting to see some changes in the mirror, especially in my back. (and since I swim and see myself in bathing suit every other day, it's easy to notice) I've always bulked muscle up pretty easily, so the weights are really taking effect. I may still weigh the same, but I do look better
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #293  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm still on plan thus far.. last week only worked out twice though as baby was sick but this week back on track...
i'm getting better with eating habits too... like yesterday i drank too much coffee and of course scale was up ...so no more coffee...i'm going to get it out of the house even just like i did ice cream ...thats right i havent purchased ice cream in 2 months now and my weight and tummy are thanking me ... cause everytime that stuff was in the house even after i switched to the low fat ice cream i still couldnt resist the urge to eat it all the time.. so yes coffee is going out the door too..
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #294  

Ms Perception - I don't blame you for not being able to resist homemade cookies. A new pet sounds wonderful. Always a good excuse to go out for random walks.

Nella - Congrats on breaking that stuck point. But, that's strange that your scale gave a higher weight with dry hair. I always weight myself first thing in the morning (after I go to the bathroom and fully naked). I won't even have a sip of water before I weight myself. I'm a bit of a freak like that.

Summer2010 - Congrats! That's amazing!

shea5 - Benefiting from visual results is fantastic! Keep up the good work. Maybe we should have a thread that goes by inches lost... I think that's a better indicator anyway.

princess2323 - Really? What do you put in your coffee? I agree with not even keeping low fat snacks in the house. My favourite is Ben and Jerry's low fat Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt. It so tasty and better than the ice cream version, the problem is that I eat the entire carton! So good on you for not buying any for 2 months!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #295  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Taurie-I am the exact same about weighing in the morning. I figure that's the easiest way to keep it consistant.

No big news to report today. I got some papers cleaned and organized and decided to start gathering stuff to prepare our taxes. I can't believe I'm actually in the mood to start messing with them in the midst of all the other stuff going on, but it's actually a stress reliever for me. I feel in control with it.....sick, I know. At one point, I considered becoming an accountant for that reason. Anyway, I need to keep my time on here short for now, but hope all is going well for everyone. It's still a bit too quiet on here.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 AM   #296  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Taurie and MsP: I'm the same about weighing second thing in the morning (first thing is going to the bathroom), buck nekked. It's the only way to be completely consistent.

The groovy round scale I bought was great when I first stepped on it, and it said 206.6. Then I stepped on again to try to get a feel for it (does it matter where I step on the platform?), and it said 208. Then 207.6, then 203, then 204, then 209, etc. WTF? I never got the same number twice. So it went right back in the box and I have to return it. I'm now looking for a scale online. Argh. It's just as well, Tom showed up last night and it feels like he'd be riding piggy back if I stepped on the scale now.

I'll do my week three weigh in as soon as I get a scale. I'm eating the proper calories (even with a bite or two of sweets on occasion so I don't feel deprived), drinking 12-16 c. of water a day, and exercising five days a week, so I think I'll pass my 10 pound goal for the month...I think.

Congrats to everyone on the little successes! Thanks for keeping me motivated.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #297  

Stupid scales! The one at my gym does that and it looks like a fancy one too. I have a Tanita which is painfully honest when it comes to weight. Though I'm skeptical about the body fat % measurement feature. I'm pear shaped with no fat on my upper body. I think if maybe my fat was more evenly distributed it would read lower. Oh well.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #298  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

So, scale said (more than once, lol) 160.0!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!! Those 150's are so close I can taste them!

More later, just got excited and had to report that before I went to work!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #299  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everyone

Just thought I'd check in and say hi. I'm still lurking around out here, just not taking time to post very often as I am keeping myself busy and don't really have time for personals. Sounds like all of you are doing fantastic! Keep up the great work.
As for me, after the crazy, mad, rapid weight loss and a bit of stress-eating, I have stabilized at 178 so I'm updating my ticker to show the 1 lb gain. I'm not surprised... at all... but I'm back to my running and back OP for the most part.
Have a great day!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie today!

SG - Glad you checked in!

Nella - Just in case you want to be spark friends, lol, that sounds lame, my username over there is tummy_girl Woohoo on the 160! That's amazing, I could have sworn you were just in the 170's!

Taurie, MsP, Louisa, Princess, Shea, Summer, Nello must run to get in all the stuff I didn't do yesterday!

Still hanging out at 138, it's been like 2 weeks almost and I think my body might like it here. Might be time for the tape measure!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote