Old 01-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Good morning ladies.

Ok 240.6 today. down 2 from yesterday. Woohoo!!! Had a great therapy workout today. All hams, abs and glutes. My hiney is lookin better. Then the elliptical. Talked to the trainer about the challenge at the job and we are already planning. I want to win it. Healthy, but still win it. This is an awesome motivator for me!!!! Also working on getting sponsors for the 3 for 3 5K that my therapy gym is sponsoring. So things are good. Grandma is doing well. Got her to rehab last night. Off to see her today. School strated again last night. We are learning joint mobilizations. It is really great stuff. And just the additional workout that I may need to reach my goal this month. 228 i see you. I figure to win this challenge at work, I need to drop at least 10% of my current body weight. Which when I am POP I can do with minimal difficulty. So we shall see. I will keep you all posted. The big weighin is tomorrow.

Diximae---Glad to hear that I can help. It only takes a few days of not enough calories and lots of exercise to put your body into a mode where it wont let go of the weight. It really does take patience. Ihave been maintaining at or near this same weight since NOvember. But I do know that all of my STing and Cardio are working, because my clothes just seem to keep getting bigger. You can do it!!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

jellofer2 Great job on the 2lb loss, you sound so motivated. Send some my way will ya? LOL...

Ms Perception "Perserverance is the key" thanks for reminding me. I don't know what I would do without you... You keep me grounded to never give up on myself... you are the best. Great job on the ST.

hotstuff You are doing so well keep up the good work!

dollypie Way to go! Gym, healthy snacks. You are doing great.

RockyMtnGirl Tomatoes, I never though about eating tomatoes like that and I really love them... thanks, I am going to give them a try for my grab snack bin... Keep the great ideas for snacks coming I love seeing what others are eating.

Dixiemae No worries I am one of those people that lose slowly... I lost 10 lbs my first month and then I after that it was up and down and then only a small amount at a time but I am hanging in there I know one day I will reach my goal... with all of you here to support me and lots of

Shrinking Girl You are doing so well... Glad to hear all the good stuff. By the way how much running a day do you do? I so hope one day that I can run a marathon, but right now there is now way. That is one of the goals I want to be able to complete in the next year or two. Hope you have a great day!

As for me things have been so busy... After the holidays we are not working on finishing our basement so we have wood everywhere. It will be so nice when things are completed.... It is cold, and lots of snow on the ground so I really don't want to do much today but I have managed to get all the dusting, and all the laundry completed. It has been TOM and I have just been very cranky this week, although I am getting excited about Saturday my dietician is coming to the house to meet with me and set down and work out a menu that will work best for our lifestyle, we are back at the gym trying to get back on a routine so things are looking up for this year. Thanks for all your support.. I'll check in again soon.... Have a great day everyone!!!!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Mystical: Or grab those grape tomatoes, those are so easy to throw in a bag and take to work, or on the go! I love those too!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #109  

Default Can I join?

I am still learning and figuring out things on this site, but I need a place to be with some support.

I really want to loose 10lbs this month, I am on my way with 2 down so far.
I am a busy mom of 6 and my goal is to start exercising 6 days a week again. So, here's to a great January. I am excited to get to know you all. So many motovating stories!!

Christie
christies6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Mystical--- here is some motivation coming your way!!!! You can do it!!

Christies6pack--- welcome. You can lose 10lbs this month! best dishes to you!

Good meeting with the doctor. Didn't start out so well. I was almost ready to cry. But then we got it all straight and now I am good. Sticking with 60 grams of carbs per day. So that will be could!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #111  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

scale is looking good...its at least going in the right dirrection...155.6 today ...lets keep up the good work everyone
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #112  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!

RockyMtnGirl You know, I don't have any advice about starvation mode. I've always tried to get between 1500-1800 calories, usually bordering on the higher end of that as I've wanted to maintain as much muscle mass as possible and avoid hurting my metabolism. Someone else here might know though. Congrats on the loss!

hotstuff Congrats on taking off that holiday weight! Bad news about the overstretched muscles, it sounds like it might be painful. I hope it feels better very quickly!

Bigmid Haha, yeah, it's easy to become obsessed with the scale. I remember way back when I first started I only checked my weight at my monthly weigh-in at Curves. That went out the window after 2 months and now I step on the scale a lot. It does keep me motivated though and it also helps me see trends...so it's not ALL evil.

Msp Ahh the feeling of sore muscles after a new work out... such a great thing. Glad it's workin for ya!

jellofer You are totally gonna rock this challenge. I'm glad to hear your grandmother is better.

mystical I currently run 3 days/week and when I run I do anywhere from 1.5 miles to 4 miles... depending upon the day. I plan to slowly increase that upper end while working on my speed as well since I'm a slooow runner.

christies6pack You sure can join! Welcome!

Well, the scale held at 182.8 this morning so that makes my 183 official which feels fantastic. Managing to maintain the second half of December was great and all but I was beginning to get worried that I'd forgotten how to lose weight. It's good to feel back on track. I'm so close to my original goal right now I could squeal.
People at work continue to suddenly notice I've lost weight although the two people I work most closely with still have said absolutely nothing...so odd, but I get that it can be awkward and stuff. I just thought that, of all the people I work with, they'd be the most comfortable saying anything but oh well.
I hope everyone has a great day! If you're living in an area that's cold stay warm! And if you're expecting snow like we are here, be careful!!

And Sandye please come back, we miss you!!!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #113  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

January Weight Loss Challenge List
If there is anything missing or incorrect, please let me know.

Summer 2010: Lose 15 lbs (10% loss)
Mikan: Reach 150's
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs
laurie78: Lose 8 lbs and Fit in or be close to size 10
MelO: Lose 8 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs
DixieMae: Reach 159 (lose 5 lbs)
LouisaH:Lose 10 lbs to reach 203 lbs
Shrinking Girl: Lose 7 lbs to reach 177 lbs
JudiAB: Lose 5 lbs
Tummy Girl: Maintain at or below 135 lbs and body fat of 21-22%
sockmonkey:Lose 10 lbs
PrairieChick: Lose 10 lbs
tigga: Lose 10 lbs
Taurie: Reach 119 lbs
tyla: Lose 10 lbs to reach 135 lbs
Late to the Game: Lose 6 lbs
NebraskaGirl: Lose 7 lbs
Ms Perception: Fit comfortably into size 6's and reach 24% body fat
jellofer2: Reach 228 lbs
busymovinmama: Eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains everyday
BeautyandtheBeast: Lose 10 lbs to reach 148.8 lbs
RockyMtnGirl: Lose 15 lbs
Shea5: Lose 14 lbs
Gekster: Reach 271 lbs (lose 7 lbs)
Slimming: Lose 10 lbs
Miss Mallee: Lose 10 lbs
nellonello: Lose 6 lbs
mystical: Lose 5 lbs
bbybear712: Lose 10 lbs
trishn222: Lose 6 lbs
princess2323: Lose 5 lbs
MeoxMix: Lose 8 lbs
shutterbug84: Lose 12 or more pounds to be at or below 200 lbs
jazzafg: Lose 5 lbs to reach 205 lbs
kris2008: Lose 9 lbs to reach 165 lbs
MotherMe: Lose 6 lbs and get into Onederland
canadianangel: Reach 185 lbs and fit into the jeans on the mirror
Hannahs Nana: Lose 10 lbs
jiggles77: Lose 5 lbs
Jessie Rose: Lose 10 lbs and wear favorite jeans without muffin top
rubyru: Lose 10 lbs
Bigmid: Lose 7-9 lbs to reach Onederland
Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 8 lbs
helpmelose: Lose 9 lbs
hotstuff: Lose 8 lbs
Lori Ann: Lose 15 lbs
jleeson: Lose 6 lbs and fit into size 34 jeans
girlieyorkie: Lose 8 lbs
ShellyK0622086: Lose 10 lbs
Sunflower38: Lose 10 lbs
dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
LBLazy: Lose 10 lbs to reach 165.2 lbs
tryintoloseit4good: Lose at least 5 lbs
KimL1214: Get back down to 260 lbs
VickieLou: Reach 220 lbs
Muffentop: Lose 10 lbs to reach 239.2 lbs
christies6pack: Lose 10 lbs
BrainBabiesBe: Lose 2-3 lbs to reach 175-176 lbs
LaurenA: Reach Onederland

Last edited by Ms Perception; 01-06-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #114  
Multi-tasking is fun

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Height: 5'9

Default Hi, I'm new. Here's my Jan goal:

Hi,

If I'm not too late to join....

Exercise Goal: elliptical X 20 sessions
Weight loss Goal: somewhere between 2 to 3 lbs (which would put me at 176/5)

B.

Last edited by BrainBabiesBe; 01-06-2010 at 09:40 AM.
BrainBabiesBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #115  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All

Can I please be added to the list??

Goal for this month = Onderland! *again*

Oh and down 2.5lbs this week already *woot woot*
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #116  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Now that I am back to working out I think I am retaining a lot of water. Up a pound so far and have been POP. Will have to up my water intake to flush all this icky stuff out!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #117  
Back at it...again!

Okay, newest people to sign-up have been added to the magical list. I'm glad to see the excitement and support this thread is "famous" for. You girls are AWESOME!

SG-Glad that lower number stuck for ya! Kudos on the continued progress and resulting compliments!!

princess2323-Always good when the scale goes in the right direction!! Keep it up!

jellofer-Why the tears at the dr.? Glad you're feeling energized to begin the year! You're making great progress. You can make this goal, girl!

mystical-You're too kind! Only a few more days 'til the dietician comes! Are you making a list of questions? Have you done meal planning much in the past so they can look yours over? Or are they just doing a sample one for you? I'm just curious b/c I think it's a SUPER cool thing that you're doing. Any new information helps, right? Congrats on being back to the gym routine, too!

This morning I am SO happy to report I was POP yesterday and finally got down to my revised ticker weight (and therefore, have made progress toward getting back to pre-Christmas lowest weight). I plan to continue having OP days and keeping with my good food habits. I do feel like I need a nap as I recover from this sickness though (it's definitely on it's way out). I'm not sure when, but I'd love to at least rest at some point today. Anyway, here's to a day of healthy choices!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #118  
Back at it...again!

Goal List FYI-for those newer to the monthly challenges, I post the health/weight goals on the list on this thread. We have a "sister" thread called the January Exercise Challenge where exercise goals and progress are listed. Signing up for one or both is up to each person. I just wanted to explain why exercise goals were left off the goal list here. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #119  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Ok, My name is Meredith, and I'm a scale addict

I know I need to get on only 1 time a week, but especially during the 1st week I have a lot of problems with that. So I snuck on again this morning, and I'm down to 250.8, about 1/2 way to my January goal. I am very excited

nellonello - sometimes that happens when you first start exercising; hang in there

Ms Perception - great job getting back to your ticker weight; it's never fun going over :blush: Keep up the great work!
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

shea5 I use to be the same way with the scale but thank goodness I am finally on a routine and every Saturday morning I weigh in. I must say my hubby helped me with that one. Every morning I would be thinking of weighing my self and he would say now you know it isn't saturday.. LOL he is my biggest support.

Ms Perception I am really not sure what to expect from the dietician. I am going to show her my meal plan and see what changes she has for me. She wants to meet the entire family this time but after it will be me since I do all the cooking. I am really not sure what to ask I am just lost do you any suggestion for me? I just can't seem to think of things that I always want to know. I will be meeting with her once a month to check in and make any changes that we need to. Wish me luck

nellonello I know what you mean. With all the holidays I am upping my water intake trying to flush out my system... Keep up the good work.

LaurenA great job on the weightloss You are off to a great start...

BrainBabiesBe It's never to late

Shrinking Girl Thanks, I have had to start all over again. A few years ago I was so good and I went to the gym everyday. I ran at least 5 days a week and then we had a big change in life. I moved from Arkansas to Ontario, Canada and just got well "lazy" I suppose LOL. I had gotten down to 180 lbs and now I am back up to 216 so it is a new beginning once again for me. I have started back on the treadmill and eliptical for 20 minutes and I do 15 min of st. I am also starting the EA Active 3 days a week or when I can't get to the gym along with the new dietician I am hoping to see some great changes this month. I will keep you posted on how things go

princess2323 Good job

jellofer2 Thank you so much. I really needed that I am sending some right back at you... So lets keep this going and help each other out !

As for me it is a great day. We finished one wall and the shelves in the basement and now my husband is working on my area for my scrapbooking. Hopefully we will have it finished by this weekend and be able to get things back in order. Life is great I have the best support system here (my husband) he is going through this jounrey with me... I am so lucky to have my best friend as my husband. With the great support at home and here on the boards I am sure this will be a great year for me. I have around 80 lbs to lose and my birthday is in September do you think I could reach my goal by then? That is what I am hoping for. If I ever get down please give me a or a as needed LOL You ladies are doing a great job keep up the good work. I'll check in with you soon.

Tummy and Sandye I sure miss you ladies !
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote