Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #121  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Probably what happened was maybe you typo'd your height once and said you were really short once...that would have given you a higher BMI.

Go by your weight, that's what your Dr. said. BMI is just a calculation of body weight and height... for example, someone who is 5' tall will have a BMI of 27.5 at a much lower weight than 171. someone who is 6' tall will have a BMI at a much higher weight. It's the ratio of "fat" to "frame" basically. Since your frame isn't going to change every day, just worry about that bottom line. You've lost 27 pounds, and you only have 20 to go. you obviously know what you are doing and are doing it well!
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

ms. perception:sorry to hear about your grandma! how scary! glad she is feeling better. and congrats on being so close to goal!

well, i used up one of my cheat days yesterday because we went to a crabshack and got agrilled seafood platter last night...sooooo good...but i ate way too much! However, today i was so busy with work I only ate 1200 cals so maybe it'll even out. oh well, tommorow I'll be extra good!
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #123  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Dixiemae-You might check the info you enterd in the scale (height, etc.) like weebleswobble mentioned, but [B]Tummy might be right that something is just out of whack with the scale (battery, wiring, ?). As far as how to judge progress, you can go by anything: weight, BMI, appearance, clothing size, health factors, etc. Just decide what your end goal is and go for it! You can do it, but it helps to know what "it" is that you're shooting for.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #124  
Back at it...again!

Hey, thanks for all the kinds words ladies! It really means a lot to have the support for even non-weight related stuff!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hey Ladies,
Just a quick fly in to post my weigh-in before bed. I weighed in this morning at 133.8 - which I find insane since I haven't done squat for over a month and have not watched what I've eaten AND TOM should be arriving any day now... but I'll definitely take it - it's only about 1lb up from my low from November 3rd (I fell off the wagon on November 4th, aka Vacation). So my goal is to be at 129.8 by New Years.... oh the 120's... so close yet so very far away!
I went for a 20 minute run yestreday and did a 20 minute workout today... plan to up that to 30-45 minutes as time allows.
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I weighed in this morning at 170.8. I am almost where I was when I started 170.4. I revamped my eating plan and signed up for fitday. I can better chart my foods. Got the journal out and set down my goals. I am ready to reach my first goal of 166. Thank you all for your advice, Pat

Ps: Labs went well. we will see where the cholestrol levels are now.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 12-08-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning Ladies,

Mystical - you can make it under 214, it can be done, have you looked into your daily calorie deficit at all?

MsP- I'm still nervous every day about how much I need to eat, lol. It doesn't seem possible to lose and eat 1800 when I'm so close to goal. But this way my workouts are so much better and I sleep great and am still losing. I think that slow increase would work, and give your body a chance to adjust. OMG what a drop! 131's that's marvelous, you're so close, again, lol. Sorry to hear about Grandma too, that's terrible and especially when you don't find out right away. At least you'll see her soon, that will be fantastic. have fun at dinner.

Amy - Welcome back! How ever was your fantastic vacation?

Sandye - Hope today is still finding you firmly on the wagon my dear and wow you're sort of renovating the entire house, lol. Enjoy, nothing like a fresh coat of paint to brighten up the place.

LTTG - I hope you enjoy it, I'm free to lend the four foot snow drift out my front door anytime you want

SG - How's the filling doing? I can see visions of drool all over the place, lol. I hear ya on the snow, it makes this activity this a lot more difficult, but not impossible!

Lauren - I'm glad you're giving it a try and it'll probably seem like you're endlessly eating for a couple days, hang in there, it's a nice problem to have, lol.

Gekster
- Well at least now the day is over, pre-TOM? Lots of exercise with few calories? Those are the only two things that make me like that hope you did ok.

Katkitten - We don't have crabshacks up here and it might be a good thing, lol, that sounds a bit marvelous. YOu can just call it calorie cycling, lol

Dixiemae - That sounds like a fantastic plan, with my bmi, I just wrote down where the categories were, like obese is over 184 and healthy is under 154, for our height and then just used my weight to judge and jumped up and down crazy when I wasn't overweight anymore.

Ok all caught up, it's been a busy couple days my goodness. Well with that little blizzard we had on Friday we're also in the midst of a super cold snap, around -27F in the mornings, so totally not running outside, then my dh decided that my new bike was making a "clicking" sound, (I couldn't hear anything) and he took it apart while I was in the shower and now he screwed it right up and I can't use it, ugh. So yesterday was not a banner day in my exercise world. I used my elliptical a bit but then I remembered that at dh's work they have a treadmill so off I went to go for a jog. I will be doing that as much as I can while it's this cold but I was happy to get a great cardio workout in after all that frustration. It definitely makes for some juggling of schedules though since dh has to be home, I can't do it before dd wakes up and all that but where there's a will and I do have that so it will just not be as routined as I like it.

And to pay off all that hard work, down a whopping 1.2 this morning to 137.8, a huge surprise but just fantastic. We also found out when dh's days off are around Christmas/New Years and we'll be heading home to Winnipeg to visit for the first week in January. I haven't been home to visit since July, aka as 197lbs of me, so this is going to be fun and the biggest ego boost I've ever had, lol. Keep in mind I was once 167lbs for a day about 5 years ago and otherwise I've only ever been 180+ my whole life (I was 190 in the eight grade, ick) This is going to be really exciting.

TTFN

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 12-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #128  
Back at it...again!

Tummy-Good job finding a way to work out! I can't wait to be closer to DH's school/work. There's a nice workout room for the community and i will be able to begin running again when the house is done and we move up there. Only about another month and a half! Oh, YAY on the big drop too! WOW!! And the vaction will be a tremendous ego boost, I'm certain! My family are my biggest fans. They (the extended family, that is) have seen me every couple/few months through this process and they still make me feel like a million bucks every time they see me and congratulate/compliment me on my progress and all! I love it!!

Dixiemae-Excellent! Sounds like you're all set to go. All that planning will pay off!

ShrinkingAmy-Wow! That's fantastic to be "off the wagon" for over a month and only have a pound gain to show for it. Your body must like the weight you're at. I know the 'so close, yet so far away' feeling of the 120's also! That's what I'd like to see by year's end, but it's SLOW and steady.

AGAIN, no change on the scale. I guess the big drop Sunday was all I get for the beginning of this week. I will take it and be fabulously happy since it meets my original December plan/goal! Next week (and a half) I'll go about the business of finding those 120's! Today we're expecting a little snowstorm, so hopefully it will hold off until after we get home from DS's birthday meal. There's supposed to be a bunch done at the house in the next couple days, too, like the well, furnace, basement floor, and (starting) taping the sheetrock. I hope the weather cooperates! So far we are ahead of schedule. I'd LOVE to be in the house in January instead of February!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #129  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

iDream - YAY on the 64oz of water! I find it so much easier now to drink a huge amount of water now that I have been doing it for so long.

Gekster - Sorry to hear about your rough day - Friday I was in the same shape. Hang in there! Sending some your way.

katkitten - I am also a sucker for seafood! I had lobster on Sunday and I was stuffed afterwards - but it was sooooo good!

ShrinkingAmy - Well done on that unexpected loss!

Dixiemae - Only 0.4lb to go! You can do it!

Tummy - Wow! You really tried hard to get your run for the day, well done! I applaud you. And on the loss.

MsP - soooo close to your goal! I am excited for you!

So girls I have upped my calories to around 1200 this week and then next week I will jump to 1400 and see how that goes. I am really looking forward to losing weight again.

Had our first real snow yeterday (ie: snow that stayed on the ground) Not a real big fan of the snow as you can probably tell. I didn't get out last night to walk the dog as the snow had turned to ice and it was super slippery outside (even the dog was slipping around in the backyard!) and I thought it was just too dangerous as the sidewalks and roads hadn't been salted. Hopefully won't be so bad tonight. I also didn't make it to my Bootcamp class yesterday so no workout at all yesterday Will make up for it today with Zumba and walking the dog.

Have a happy, healthy and OP day!

Last edited by L R K; 12-08-2009 at 11:46 AM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #130  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies!!

So I was so excited to be back on plan last week, and Friday I weighed in at 165.6, which was a new low for me. Then the scale went up to 167.8 on Saturday and then 166.4 on Sunday and I was like "huh?" cause I was OP!!! Well then yesterday I started to feel crappy and - surprise - TOM showed up, 4 days early!! So that explains the lovely gain on the scale over the weekend. And my slight binge on Sunday ( I was OP mostly, just a little over).

I stayed OP yesterday and It's looking good for today too. I'm ready for TOM to be gone and me see some more losses!!!

Lauren - I love the snow!! We don't get it here at the beach, but I grew up in the mountains. Love it! I've been wanting to try Zumba. Do you go to the class or do the video?

Ms. P - I can't believe you are thisclose to being in the 120's!!! I bet you are about out of your mind with pride and happiness with your self! What does you DH think of his hot sexy wife?!?!

Tummy - You too! I can't believe how you have just melted away! Your hard work definitely shows, and you are going to completely wow them when you go home for the holidays.

Amy - Glad to hear you are back on plan again too! November must be hard for us NC girls, lol. 120's here you come!!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

you ladies are so very supportive. My other group uh withered and faded. I am glad to be here. I will do personals this evening. Just got back from having brakes put on my suv. Just a quick fly by so very glad I did! Talk later Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Tummy---- -27, that sucks.

MsP---

Shrinking AMY welcome back. 1 pound. Glad to hear it. How was the awesome vacation?

I know I have said it before ladies, but I am back. I was enjoying the 240 number and now it is time to move on. 228 is the plan for this month and I need to get my a$$ in gear and shrink it! Watched the biggest loser finale tonight and sure got motivated. Cried alot and that is good. I know how they feel!!! It is tough though, BFF is a size 2. She has never been overweight. Called to talk while the show was on and I finally said, I need to go so that when you talk I can listen to you. I was too distracted. She doesn't always get it.

Has anyone had people question how much weight that you want to lose? When people ask me how much is my total goal I say just over 100 pounds. Then they say why? My mom made the comment that I only had about 15 or 20 pounds to go. Is she nuts? I wonder if there is some issues there? She is a little overweight and says she doesn't have time?????? Not sure about that. The excuses sound so familiar. I don't know. Well, that is enough therapy for me. Gotta work in the am then off to the gym and to pick up my quilt from the quilter. Gotta get the binding on it before christmas.

Best dishes to all!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #133  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Ms. P - Congrats on being so close to goal. I am sorry about your grandma and hope she is doing better.

Tummy - congrats on the scale

Lauren - I'm glad to hear you are trying the higher calories

The universe hates me! I have this problem of my car not being legal to drive which means no gym. My car is registered in Florida, but we live in Arkansas. We have to renew the registration by mail and it is taking forever. The weather has been very wet and so no walks. I was killing it on the elliptical, but the ridges on the foot pedals gave me a horrible blister. I couldn't even stand on it and so I got no workout at all Sunday or yesterday. Today my foot was feeling better, but I still can't get back on the elliptical. I did a Jillian dvd and then I marched in place for 90 minutes while watching biggest loser. I wanted to go for a walk, but it rained and stormed all day long. I am so frustrated with this. I am down 3 pounds so far for December, but the workout troubles still bother me. On a bright note, tonight is my mother-in-law's last night in my house. I know some people will feel like that should not be a bright note, but the woman is extremely abusive toward me and also very filthy. For instance, on our anniversary when my husband told her we were going out, she told him "it's your funeral" and she constantly calls me a whore among other nasty names. My husband asked her to leave in May and she has stayed and stayed and stayed. She will be leaving in about 6 hours and even if it makes me evil, I am ecstatic about it. I also have living room furniture again, WooHoo! When we bought this house, the couch we had REALLY did not look good in this living room. I started listing it on craig's list and what not, but nobody wanted the thing - it was seriously giant (when you put all 4 of the pieces of the sectional together you could sleep 5 adults if needed). We finally found someone who wanted it which meant we had room to bring in a different set. Ok, I'm gonna hush now and go to bed.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!!!

I think I have time for a couple personals...

MsP~ I can't believe I missed the post about your Grandma! How is she feeling? I hope better! It's wonderful that you'll be able to see her soon and give her that hug and kiss in person! You sound like you're doing awesome with maintaining! I definitely need to take lessons from you! Keep up the great work! Happy Birthday to your DS!!! Hope you have a great time at dinner tonight!

Gekster~ I've had days like that! Where all I want to do is eat, eat, eat! Hope today is a better day!

Lauren~
I keep meaning to mention this--that is one pretty puppy in your avatar! Great pic too!!! My dad has a dog just like that, he's not quite a year old and quite the ball of energy!

katkitten
~ mmmmm! Seafood! Haven't had that in ages! I love me some shrimp!

ShrinkingAmy~ WB!!! Now spill all the details of your fantastic vacation!

Tummy
~ yes, a new coat of paint makes a world of difference! The lady who owned the house before painted every room in flat paint--?!?! Seriously? She had 2 boys and they were ALL BOY--there was stuff all over the walls (silly string, a little stretchy sticky toy, food/drink...ick!) and we cleaned when we moved in, but paint is what was really needed to clean it up. We still have a long way to go...Sorry to hear hubby took your bike apart--don't ya love it when they try to help? I know that no matter what obstacles you face, you'll get your exercise in--you're a rock star like that. Congrats on the continued loss hun! So...how low are ya gunna go huh?

Nella~ TOM is a jerk! Well, I'm sure you'll see a nice drop once he leaves town!

Dixiemae
~ this group is pretty awesome isn't it? I love, love, love it here!!! Glad to have you hun!!

Jellofer~ girl, you had better post pics of that quilt when you get it finished!! How big is it? Is it for you or a gift? Nosey aren't I? Honestly, at 5'11" I can see why people would be surprised at your goal weight. Remember that you're probably not seeing just how thin you are and other people are. Also, when people hear 100 lbs they're thinking that's crazy talk! When I told people I wanted to lose 50 lbs (I was 200 lbs at the time) their eyes would bug out of their head! Some people just carry their weight well and I think that's part of it. I've had people tell me that they never would have guessed I was 200 lbs! Anyway, all that today, just keep doing what you're doing. 175 is a healthy weight for your height and so long as you don't go to extremes and stay healthy, then it's all good!

Roxy~ Hun, you don't sound evil at all. If my mil was like that--calling me awful names and saying hurtful things--she would have never been allowed to stay in my house!! I don't think anyone will fault you for being overjoyed that she's leaving! Heck, I'll volunteer to host a party at my house to celebrate if you want! Hope your foot feels better ASAP! Blisters are the worst!!!

Well, it's windy as all get out here today! Gearing up for a storm this afternoon/evening and I only hope that some of the snow stays on the ground! Otherwise, my kids are going to be bummed!!

Okay, so you all know that I was horrid all last week right? Well, I've decided to come clean about how much I gained from my week of laziness...*gulp*...okay, so Monday morning I weighed in at 143.8!!!!! Thankfully, I'm down 6.8 lbs already and sitting at 137. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I can retain that much water!!!

I can tell you that after that week I was more than ready to get my butt back OP! I've been eating like a sane person all week and I feel fantastic! I did miss my workout yesterday due to plain ol' lack of time (spent the entire day doing errands/shopping/cleaning and then we had the boys' Christmas program last night) but I got my workout in today and loved it! I am not quite at the same level as I was prior to my recovery week and last week, but it's all good--I've got nothing but time to get back to where I was!

So anyway, I'm nearly finished with Christmas shopping, I just need to make my fil's gift and then I can focus on wrapping and shipping stuff. Maybe once I get some of that finished I can post here more! I sure do miss you girls!!

Okay, well, better get going now! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Stay warm and be good! And don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #135  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Dixiemae - Glad to have you here!!

Jello - I know what you mean about people questioning your goal. My DH keeps telling me I need to change my goal to 115. I keep telling him he's freaking nuts, and that's not where I want to be (nor is it possible). I have a larger frame and a LOT of muscle in my legs, always have. Plus, that would be ridiculous to try to maintain. Anywho, I know you can do it! This month I need to get my butt in gear too. November was pretty bad for me weight loss wise too.

FitGirlyGirl - Your MIL sounds horrible!!! No wonder you want her gone. I can't believe you have put up with her!! Grats on selling the couch!!

Sandye - You snuck in on me when I was typing, lol. I hope things calm down for you soon. I know what you mean abotu carrying weight well. I was probably right at 198 at my highest (I avoided the scale for a long time, so not sure) and most people did the same thing when I said I want to lose 50 pounds. Now, 25ish down, they don't look at me so crazy.

so here we are December 9, and I'm still stuck at the same weight I was in November. I just cannot get past 166!! I saw 165.6 last Friday, but then TOM showed up, and I went right back up. 166.0 this morning, which is down from the weekend and yesterday, but frustrating nonetheless. I'm hoping for a pound or 2 loss when TOM is done, but I think my body just likes this size. This is about the size I was for most of HS and college, and then for a year or 2 after college. I need to push myself and force these pounds to go bye-bye!

Last edited by Nella; 12-09-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote