Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

MsP - OMG I didn't realize you were so close to having the house finished, what a fabulous after Christmas present that will be! And a free workout room to boot, double fantastic. I mean I love running outside, it's my bliss but it was so nice to really run hard for a change since I have to be careful not to stretch my legs out too much in the cold and pull something. So looking forward to visiting, it was part of it that I never really thought about before losing weight but it's true our families become our cheering section and it's just awesome. Drive safe in that snow and I hope you had a nice family celebration with ds.

Laura - I think we might have all got snow dumped on us at the same time this year. I have no doubt with some tweaking you'll be under 200 in no time.

Nella - It's always nice when there's a nice answer to those bumps in weight and glad you're back on track and feeling good, just wait for that big whoosh too, awesome! You can do this, just a little hard work and patience.

Dixiemae - I concur completely, this is a marvelous group of ladies and I'm glad you've found a new place you're comfortable, I know I'd be lost some days without these glas.

Jellofer - I get that question a lot now, especially since goal and it's been like four days, lol. My friends have asked when I will be done and why do I want to be so skinny and all those delightful questions. But the thin friends just say way to go and my heavier friends are a lot more probing and think I should stop, interesting. Some family just want to make sure I'm not going overboard but usually when they see me and realize how much healthier I am, and usually healthier than the person asking the questions they leave it alone. I am finding that people in my world just don't always like change they can't control.

FGG - I don't think wanting some peace in our life makes us evil, lol, it just makes us human. And no one should ever treat ppl like that so however you feel is entirely justified. I hope you get your workout in and burn some frustration. And I just realized you live in the same town as my sister in law, lol, small world.

Sandye - Well I was thinking 125 looks good, lol, just joking that's what I say to scare my mom. Well me at 135 is like you at 130 and you look pretty hot so maybe there. I'll wait to see what number I hit at 23% BF but the main thing is I want something I can maintian at north of 1800 cals a day. That's a must for my sanity. And flat paint, honestly, I don't even think they should sell that stuff, lol, silly string, I haven't seen that stuff in years. You're like a tiny camel girl! my goodness no wonder rings get tight on you. I'm glad it's flushing out, that can not be comfortable but more glad you're back into the land of the healthy

It's my busy Wednesday so I'm off to playgroup, home, dd for nap, drink my lunch then off to run at the detachment, crazyness. But I've got my snacks and meals all ready in the fridge just gotta go get purdy!

Scale is up a bit today but just 0.2, but after my crazy STing yesterday no worries and I'm 138, that's crazy and I still can't quite wrap my head around that. Alrighty ladies, have a great one!
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #137  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all! Warning: This is gonna be a long one!!
Well, we have a SNOW DAY!! The kids are home, though DH has to go in and work some, at least he got to go in later and get home earlier, so YAY!
I went a little overboard at supper last night, but not terrible. I am feeling great today, though I've created quite a busy day for myself with cleaning and organizing today. I'm catching up laundry, cleaning off the dresser (and wherever else there are papers that need to be organized), cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, wrapping gifts, and packing. For the organizing, I'd just like to feel like I can find things. The builder said we can go in and paint next week!! WOO HOO! However, I can't find my paint colors I chose right now. They're somewhere in my room, so it's clearly time to get more organized. It's just a little tough when DH and I have EVERYTHING in 1 room. (The kids are all 3 sharing the 2nd bedroom/den, bless their hearts). We're a little (read: EXTREMELY) crowded in there. Not so easy to stay organized since we're constantly getting new papers from the builder or the bank or someone! Anyway, I'm not trying to complain at all. We're super blessed to have wonderful family who will continue to house us for another month and a half. I'm just explaining why I'm disorganized, 'cause it is SO not me to be that way. Enough about me.... Oh, grandma is still fine and recovering, as far as I know. My mom got down there yesterday and I know she would've called if there was anything new. The kids and DH are taking a half day at school Friday so we can drove mostly during daylight to get down there (IL).

Nella-Once I got to 135, I realized the old bod has changed and I could really drop a few more pounds (of fat). Now, I'm basing it on body fat percentage. DH is very pleased with the results, btw!! Anyway, you'll know what works for you. Everyone wears their weight a little differently. I am also muscular in the legs and I always thought I was "big-boned", but it seems I actually have a medium to slightly large frame (using the wrist test). Point is, the weight will drop. I had a month at one point where I only lost like 2 pounds. It was frustrating, but giving up wasn't an option, so I just committed to try different things with food and exercise and the next month I dropped 5-6 pounds (my norm). Sorry for the long winded response!

Roxy-Oh my! You're a saint or something! I'm with, Sandye. My MIL wouldn't have ever been allowed to stay in the first place if that was how she behaved. I'm SOOOO happy for you that's she's leaving! I can't take that kind of stuff in my home. Sorry to hear about the car thing. What a pain!

jellofer-Ya know, I'm not sure anyone ever asked how much I wanted to lose until now when they're like, "You're done losing weight, aren't you?!" I wouldn't have known what to say before. I don't know how confident I was in my ability to get down where I really wanted when I was starting out. I guess it's a compliment that people think you have less to lose. It's just hard for others to picture you differently than you are, so take no stock in what people think you should do. You know what's gonna be best for you!

Sandye-I'm proud of you for coming clean! You're on your way back to maintenance range, so keep up the good choices. This time of year, I think a missed workout once in a while is excusable if it's on a day that you were busy, busy, busy. You know all that running around and stuff burns cals, too! I can't wait 'til you're back more. We're turning this into a hybrid weight loss/maintenance thread!! I love it! We all learn from each other.

LaurenA-Did you make it to Zumba? The weather here has completely turned on me, so I am indoors for now too. I was bummed about not being able to do the running, but I gotta think big picture. In a couple months I will be able to get back to it, so the goal is to keep up my fitness level so I can jump right back into it!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #138  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hellloooo Chickies!

That looks a LOT more chipper than I feel. I drove to work this morning on crazy roads and through towns that had called off school... to get to the school where I work which had NOT called off school. Awfully worried about that drive home now that the wind is supposed to pick up and start making things blizzard like out there!

Let me jump into personals quick to see how many I can get done... don't have much time...

MsP Sorry to hear about your grandmother and I'm glad she's feeling better. What a scary feeling. You're getting so close to being in your new house...I can't wait to hear all about it when you move in, that's going to be one heck of a FINALLY!

Gekster Man, I think we all have those days when we could eat ourselves out of house and home. I usually blame it on hormones and suspect TOM or ovulation to be lurking around the corner.

ShrinkingAmy It's good to see you back! I hope you had a great time on vacation and I"m glad to see you're liking your post-vacation numbers!

Tummy The filling is actually GREAT. It was much much better than anticipated and I would have exercised but my mouth was still numb and I have this fear of biting my lip or tongue and not realizing it. So Monday was another rest day and I think that's ok since my Tuesday morning workout felt like I was kicking butt and taking names! I cannot wait to hear you tell about everyone's reactions to how you look now. You've worked so hard and you look amazing. You're going to be leaving your family with an inflated (but well deserved) ego!

LaurenA I'm glad to hear you've upped your calories, I think it really will make a huge difference! And yes, you're wise to stay away from the ice! No need to injure something that would put you out of commission for weeks!

Nella Darn that TOM! Just think though, when he leaves you're going to be back to that all time low! How exciting!

jellofer I've had the negative response to how much I want to lose as well. I told my MIL I wanted to lose 50 lbs (and in reality I want to lose a bit more if I can) and she said "well, that's certainly a lot" in this tone that just said to me "silly girl, you'll never accomplish that." I definitely think other people put their own issues with weight loss on you when they talk about your weight loss. Don't take it personally! I think you can do it and I think you're going to look great when you get it done!

FGG Wow - just wow. YOu have put up with a LOT having your MIL live with you, especially when she is being so nasty. It's not evil to be thankful she's leaving, you would think someone living in your home would at least show you respect and since she doesn't seem capable of it... well that's her decision and your decision to ask her to leave because of it. Good for you for not putting up with it any longer.

Sandye Isn't the human body amazing? I mean, 6 lbs of water seems so crazy, but the body does it! I'm glad you dropped so much so quickly though as 137 doesn't seem that bad or too far off from where you were.

Well, it looks as though I managed to race through everyone that had posted since I last did. Sorry if I didn't do any of the personals justice but I'm cramming them in!

Well ladies, I really don't understand what's going on with my weight loss. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I'm losing but I'm down another lb today to hit 186 on the nose. I fear counting it, but only because it's the 40 lb mark and means I put another dancing fatting down below. If it turns out I was too early, I'll just take it away again. I haven't been keeping close close tabs on my calories but I have been keeping a sort of track.. I make sure I'm not going wayyy over, but I haven't been counting every little calorie. I've also been snacking more and so the weight loss I'm experiencing just seems... opposite of what I should be getting. I don't know, maybe I'm just not doing as poorly as I think I am. Wouldn't that be something? I think I'm being naughty when I'm really being ok? Weird!

It's so strange to think that I've lost 40 lbs. I wouldn't have thought it possible before and I know you guys are some of my best motivation and support and so I want to say thank you. I'm also coming up on the 6 month anniversary of the start of my journey, which is fairly emotional for me. My body has changed a lot in the past six months and I feel like my journey is still just in the beginning. In a way I think that's good, keeps me from thinking I"m the master of the universe.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #139  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Nella - Well done on the new low. Getting back OP always feels good. I DID like the snow ... before I had to live in it full time that is. Now it is just a pain, had a huge snow storm last night, so you can imagine how slow and miserable my morning was. Zumba is super fun! I do a class, it is by far my fave. class at the gym! The time just seems to fly by, you should def. try it - it comes highly recommended!

jellofer - People question my weight loss all the time. I especially hate it when they follow this discussion with "you don't need to lose any more weight, you look fine." Now that really gets my panties in a knot!

FitGirlyGirl - The universe does not hate you (although I know that sometimes it really feels like it does!) Hang in there, things will work out. Woot Woot on losing the MIL - I can't believe you could even put up with her while she was there! I think your DH needs to go out and get you a "thank you for not kill my mum present!"

iDream - Thanks! My puppy (not so much a pup anymore but still acts like it!) is a very active (possibly ADD) 1 and a half year old Aussie Shepherd. Her name is Kammi and she is a lot of fun How'd you do with the big snow storm last night?? It woke me up last night - so windy and so so so much snow, winter is finally here ....

Tummy - The human body is a weird thing huh? So many strange things - I still don't get this water weight thing ...

MsP - You sound super busy! Make sure you take some time for yourself. Glad to hear your grandma is doing ok. Oh and I did make it to Zumba. We have a gym at work so I just need to head up stairs The dog walking however is getting tough - I have dropped down to 2miles, it is just too cold now.

ShrinkingGirl - Well Done on the loss! You are most def. shrinking!

As for me ...... down 1.5lbs!!!!!!
Super happy about that, even the snow didn't dampen my spirits!!!!

Anyways, I'm off the have lunch now.

Have a happy and healthy OP day

Last edited by L R K; 12-09-2009 at 01:06 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies glad to see everyone doing so well. I am still maintaining around 214.6 no movement this week but I really didn't expect weight ot move since it is TOM. I am hoping that the weight will start moving again this week so wish me luck. I will check in later when I have more time.... Have a great day!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #141  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Lauren - That's awesome!!!!!! Way to go!!!!

SG - Congrats!!!!! I say take it!! Wahoo!! 40 pounds down!!!

I think I will buy myself a few Zumba sessions for Christmas. Or a temporary gym membership (I know, I know! I've been saying it for weeks!).
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #142  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Sandye - Thank you. The blister is especially scary for me since I am diabetic. It is healing though, and the temp of that spot is back down to the same as the rest of my foot, so infection is gone - it had gotten up to about 6 degrees above the rest of my foot and the whole foot was 1.5 above my other foot - AGH! The water thing is freaky sometimes. After being sick I lost about 6 pounds overnight the night after my first day back OP.

Nella - I am sorry that you are stuck. The scale will move again, just have faith and stick to it.

Tummy - considering what a small town this is, small world indeed. And thank you.

Ms. P - I’m glad your grandma is still getting better. Yay on being able to go in and paint, good luck finding your colors.

SG - Congrats on getting to the 40 pound mark.

Lauren - He actually has given me presents for dealing with her a few times over the year she was here. He can’t stand her either, so he understands. Congrats on being down.

Mystical - maintaining during TOM is a good accomplishment. Congrats on that.

I am down another 1.2 today for an all time low of 185.4. Thank you to everyone who says I am not evil. It has been a rough year with her living with us and us being new to the area. Had I known how awful she was going to act I would have never allowed her to move in with us. I was trying to do the right thing because the place she was living was not good and even though I was trying to help her she constantly insulted me and my family and made rude, racist, sexist, bigoted comments. She has gone back to the place she was now, but I don’t care any more. My foot is feeling a lot better and it is finally not raining, so I am about to head out for a long walk.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Thanks ladies for you input. I think I get a little unnerved when people question. Cuz, I look at myself and think only 100??? That sounds like a lot of weight to lose, but look at where I started 278 pounds. That was close to 300. Now that is a number to wonder about. Sounds like everyone is doing smashingly. New homes and new bodies. What a way to celebrate the holidays. I will miss some of you once you hit your final goals. I do hope that we can keep up. I will put up some photos once I hit the fifty mark.

Good news though, I got new jeans this weekend. lane bryant size 3 yellow. Everything is body type when it comes to their jeans. But I was a 4 red. Yellow is a slimmer cut than red!!! Woohoo! I am hoping that they are too big by the 1st of the year. 239 again this morning. 238 is right there around the corner and me thinks it will be blown in in the am. Lots to do today. Decorating and cleaning and studying. One more exam in the am and therapy again. Those PT workout s are getting tough, but they feel great. at least 500+ cals per workout.

Stay warm and dry. It is dropping temperature wise here in Chicago. Getting very cold. Gonna only be 4 tonight. Yick! Debating about getting out to the store now or waiting until tomorrow afternoon. The puppy does not need any extra dog treats if you ask me.

Best dishes to all my peeps!!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #144  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post

I think I will buy myself a few Zumba sessions for Christmas. Or a temporary gym membership (I know, I know! I've been saying it for weeks!).
It really is super fun
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi All~it is so nice to be welcomed by you all. I am glad to get to know you.

I Dream~you getting snow flurries,gusty wind? It is -9 with wind chill factor. I went to get tires on my suv. The power went out for over an hour.

Nella~Im stuck too. Heres to a whoosh.

Jellofer2~I want to see a pic of your quilt when you can. I love quilts. Have some my grandma made.

Lauren~I have an Aussie also. He will be 1yo next month. I really enjoy him. Tell us about your puppy.

I weighed in this morning. I lost .2. I know its probably water. But it is good to see the scale move a little. lm .2 from where I was when I started this challenge. Im a little bit behind. I still have several weeks left I intend to make the most of them! I had lab work done. I cant wait to hear the results.

thanks to all the tips you ladies gave me I am on plan with food and exercise. I need to do WATP feither 3 or 4 mile walk tonight. with the weather as it is Im not going to the YMCA today. Pat

Jellofer2~I want to see a pic of your quilt when you can. I love quilts. Have some my grandma made.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 12-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #146  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quiet morning here, huh?
I'm just getting around to 3FC after TRYING to post new pics to facebook. It took too long, so I gave up on it for now. I got my workout in and did some checking around about appliances. We're gonna try to buy the rest of our appliances in the next couple weeks so they'll be ready for delivery as soon as the house is ready. I couldn't find all my paint colors, so I re-chose the kids' room colors. I located the kitchen/dining room, living room and our bedroom colors, so that's good. I'm not sure we can get it all done before we move in, but it would SO great if we can. It'd be way, way easier to paint before the flooring is put in and everything, ya know? Anyway, I have a week to buy all the paint and then we can get to work! I'm gonna drop by the house today and make sure it's all still on schedule, but that's the plan. DH drove by yesterday and they were finishing the siding in that nasty snow and wind yesterday. Bravo to them for working in those conditions!!

On the health front, things are looking good. I lost a smidge to get down to 131.2 this morning, so I'm very happy with that. Slow and steady is my way. Today I have to finish the chores I didn't get to yesterday. The organizing took longer that I planned. Oh well, another active day can only help me along! Hope you ladies all have nice warm days. I know I'll be inside all day except when I have to go get the kids from school. The high of 8 isn't sounding too inviting!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-10-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning,

MsP - Honestly, I'm amazed you've managed to still lose, keep up your exercise and be living in minor chaos, that's commendable! Glad your grandma is doing better and only one more day until you get to see for yourself, that will be marvelous.

SG - Credit, take it girl! Since we've all been at this so long, I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen by accident so you, that's right, YOU are doing awesome! Congrats on that 40, what an awesome achievement. I still feel like that sometimes too, but I find that since each stage of weightloss is kind of different, with different calorie needs and different exercise goals that it is sort of new every so often. It feels like chapters in a really, really loooong book.

Lauren - And was that with more food? I hope so, that's awesome so glad you finally got some much deserved payoff for all that hard work.

Mystical - Hopefully TOM leaving will usher out some weight with it You are doing fantastic keeping with it, your hard work will be paid off.

Nella - Ok, but now that you've said it we're going to bug you. So when are you getting that gym membership Nella, and how about those classes? Hmmmm? lol

FGG - on new low, 185's all in the midst of crazy MIL from the depths of **** too, you're rocking it!

Jellofer - Yup, nobody says how worried they are when we're all obese but heck, you drop too much weight and you must be starving yourself. Also, I think that people who haven't lost weight, or alot of it, have no concept how much weight 100lbs is, I know I sure didn't and most ppl have no idea how much we weigh to start with. Hope your exam went well and wow that's some burn too, that 238 will be there in no time.

Dixiemae - Congrats on the lose, I love seeing anything lower, lol, water or not. Good to hear you're OP and getting your exercise in, that's the magic formula, if only someone would have told me years ago, lol.

A monster drop today, down 1.5lbs again but i did get a wee bump up last time that happened, it's 136.6 todayThat felt brilliant. i was hoping for 135 by the time we went back home in January but maybe sooner.

We also got the menu for my dh's Christmas party and it' a scary nasty disaster. Meat, more meat and then some fried meat. They list vegetables as one side dish and the salad available is ceasar. Needless to say I've got some planning to do b/c I need to eat darn it and I don't want to pre-eat prior to christmas party and look like I'm starving myself, not good in front of dh's work people. I'm going to have to call the restuarant and see if they can accomodate some "special needs" lol, oh ya I'm that high maintenance now.

Alrighty, got head over to the "gym" and get in some running, I think I'm falling in love with that treadmill, who knew?
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #148  

Ms P~sounds like your house is moving right along. It is very cold here. Dont want to venture out there. Could you show us some pix of the house

Tummy~you have a relationship with treadmills too! Thought I was the only one. Going to Y before Yoga class to get in 30 on the treadmill. I cant run on it, but I do intervals of brisk walking and lite jogs at 4.1. keeps it interesting.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 12-10-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #149  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Jellofer - congrats on the new jeans\

Tummy - congrats on the scale. Those times when we are ahead of our goals definitely feel great. And I say good for you for being high maintenance.

I got back on my elliptical today! WooHoo! I was only able to stay on for 13 minutes before my foot started feeling funny in the area where I have the healing blister so I got off in order to not further injure myself. I’m sooo happy though. I am a sick sick freak and actually enjoy being on the elliptical.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #150  

Good morning Ladies

Tummy~3 miles on treadmill yesterday at the Y. Love that machine.

After 3 miles on the treadmill and a 45 min yoga class eating clean as a whistle and following your tips I weighed in at please add drum roll 169.8!!!!!!!! Lost a pound in this challenge. I am headed in the right direction finally. And in a new decade. My next goal is to hold 169.8 and see the scale go down from here. Thank you all for giving me a gentle kick in the butt. I needed it. Pat