Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and Happy First Day of December!!!

to all the Newbies and Hello Blondie!!! Long time no see hun! Glad to have you back!!! As for the rest of you lovely ladies--it's great to see you here pluggin along and motivating us all!!!

So, are ya ready? December is going to be a tough month--but no matter the outcome, we can come out on top! Weight loss goals aside, so long as we end the month with a positive attitude and don't revert to our old ways, I think we'll be fine! (or maybe I'm just giving myself a pep talk )

With that said, I'm not off to the greatest start--I missed my workout yesterday (PMS is causing more cleaning/purging/nesting type insticts and I spent the day overhauling my office--it's so purdy now!!!) and hubby woke me up late this morning and I missed my workout. Since it's cardio I can't really do it while the girls are up so I'll be doing my ST'ing from yesterday and either double some work outs one day this week or just skip my day off to get them all in.

Food-wise I'm fine. My weekend weight is coming off nicely, but I am pre-TOM so I'm fighting cravings. I'm staying strong though.

Well ladies, I need to get lunches made, boys up, and stuff done! Have a fantastic day and I'll catch you later! And don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!

Last edited by iDream; 12-01-2009 at 07:01 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

I am starting the month at 283.4 I'm with a new scale so numbers are a little funny right now. I am still plugging away trying to hit 275. I think I can do it, especially with the body bugg on its way! Plus we adopted a puppy so I'm sure he will have me running all over the place. I'm deliriously tired right now.. I have two big papers due today. One finished last night and the other I am working on now.. it is due in 5 hours and I have 12 pages to go...
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #18  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I've decided my December goal is to reach my Weight Watchers goal weight and maintain there for the remainder of the month. I think it will put me between 131 and 132. That seems reasonable with the 5 Christmases we have spread throughout the month beginning the 12th and the 3 birthday gatherings/parties for the kids beginning the 5th. There are also several trips included, so I want to set myself up for maintenance success. As ShrinkingGirl said, most people gain over the holidays, so even a modest loss is still an incredible accomplishment!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #19  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

December Weight Loss Challenge Members and Goals List

Please let me know if anything is incorrect or missing. Thanks!

iDream: Keep weight between 130-135, Eat OP at least 85% of the month, Keep binging to a bare minimum
LaurenA: Onederland
jellofer2: Reach 228 lbs
weebleswobble: Reach 195 lbs
ShrinkingGirl: Lose 5 lbs
dandk0204: Lose 10 lbs to reach 199
c laura: Lose 10 lbs
LBLAZY: Lose 10 lbs to reach 182
KimL1214: Lose 10 lbs to reach 255 and no missed WW meetings
AFChick: Lose 11 lbs to reach 185
Blondie32: Lose 12 lbs
bananapancakes: Lose 8 lbs
Miss Mallee: Reach 205 lbs
jazzang: Lose 6 lbs to reach 179
Gekster: Reach 275 lbs
Ms Perception: Reach WW goal weight and maintain (under 132)

Last edited by Ms Perception; 12-01-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #20  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

SW: 227 For December Weight Loss Challenge.
CW: 227
GW: 212 (-50.5 LBS from weight when started 3FC 262.5)
Goal for month lose 15 LBS.
Good Luck Everyone! Ms. Perception I logged in late. So add me to the list.
Thank You.

Last edited by VickieLou; 12-01-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Add Information.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #21  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi All

Just dropping in to say Hi and to wish everyone good luck with their December goals.

For the past couple of days I have been doing a small detox after a very bad bad weekend (no carbs, fruit or dairy just for 2 days) so I am hoping to see a bit of a drop tomorrow when I weigh in. TOM did arrive so not sure how that will effect my weight but hopefully not too much.

Hope you all have a healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Morning Ladies!

Hello to all the new ladies, welcome to this marvelous place! And Blondie, big ol' hugs girl, I clapped when I saw you this morning, glad to have you back, that's just fantastic!

Sandye - LOL same thing for me this am, work up late, a 6am turned into an 8am, but I mean I have a sleeping 3 year old at 8am! It's amazing and I'm glad I did but now to figure out the workouts, lol.

Gekster - Good luck with you paper, that's a lot all at once my goodness. Oh a puppy! What fun, ok, so now you officially have a lot going on, lol.

MsP - Thanks for doing the thread, I'm good with just the one. And kudos on doing so well with the multiple thanksgivings, that's pretty fantastic! My goodness 132! So teeny, WTG.

Mystical - For your deficit you would need two pieces of info, your BMR (goggle BMR calculator and fill out one of the online ones and it will tell you yours, it should be adjusted for your activity level to take into account the amount of exercise you do), then your daily caloric intake. This won't be as accurate without a heart rate monitor but you should be able to manage fine with the estimates. Depending on how much you want to lose a week, 1 or 2 lbs etc, you adjust your deficit to either 3500 cal a week for 1 lb or 7000cal a week for 2 lbs. So for example, if your BMR is 2400 and you want to lose 1 lb a week you need to drop 500 cal a day and eat at 1900cal a day while maintaining your level of exercise you entered into the BMR calculator in the first place. Once the calculation part is done, you just need to worry about eating at the right level and keeping active and you should be good. I redid this every 10lbs since your BMR will get lower as you lose and you adjust your food down or exercise up to accomodate. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and we'll figure it out. It will give you a better handle on your loses, like if you're not losing what you think you should be according to those numbers you may not be accounting for everything you eat, ie cooking oil, salad dressing, and stuff like that or not working as hard in the gym as you think.

After a very long day yesterday, we woke up at 4:30a to drive dh 2 hours to his week long training session, dropped him off, went to the west edmonton mall and shopped for christmas/me things, lol. Woohoo skinny jeans, I own some! And I am pretty much done Christmas shopping thank goodness. Then groceries and walmart and sticking in some eating here and there and we finally got home at 7:30 to bed by 10. Hence the sleeping in a bit late today. And being tired is my number one eating trigger too so yesterday was doubly long talking myself out of every little food choice I wanted and with being up sooo long it was more challenging distributing my calories too. But good choices all around and I got my new scale tooso now I know my body fat, water %, lean body mass and bone mass, what fun. And why is this importatn you may ask, well it's not but I like science! Well the body fat is, according to the scale and some other tests, I'm at 25% right now, so my ideal of 21-24% isn't even too far off.

And I did wake up two hours later than usual, so I'm a bit lower than I would normally be but the weight today is 140.6, so that's only 0.6 away from goal! What an awesome way to start the month.

Have a great day everybody
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Oh I forgot, my December goal is to lose 5lbs for 135 and then maintain that.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #24  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, chickies

MSP ~Thanks as always for starting the thread Have mercy, I am exhausted just reading your December plans!

LAUREN ~You are so close to onederland I know you will do it this month. Make that your gift to yourself.

JELLO ~ Holy cow, 8 lbs is awesome! Glad you're feeling better. Good luck on your exams.

SG ~I think 5 lbs is a reasonable goal for December, I'm sure you will do it!

LB, KIM and AF ~I did not reach November goal either, but this is a new month! Consider this month a head start for the new year.

BLONDIE ~Welcome back, and good luck!

MALLEE ~ Good luck to you too! Enjoy your school break.

GEKSTER ~ Congrats on the new guy in your life! I hope you finished your paper (I don't miss those days!), and enjoy your break.

SANDYE ~Don't worry about the missed workouts. You are maintaining, remember? I think you can afford to skip a few workouts in maintenance, can't you? Meanwhile, enjoy your nesting/purging! I did a little purging myself this morning. My too big clothes are in a box at the top of my closet (and no I won't get rid of them-I'm too cheap to replace them if need be).

to all of you new chicks!

As for me, I am home sick. I have had a horrible cough for a week and am just exhausted. Between that and the holiday prep, I have not worked out in about two weeks I did manage to lose 5.2 for November. Short of my 7-10 lb goal, but that's okay. At my age, I guess a little over a lb a week is fine (really it is. I'm not frustrated. Not at all) I did have a NSV of sorts yesterday. I went to the doctor, and while discussing my blood sugar levels (which, by the way are now in the normal range!), he talked about things I could do to avoid diabetes in the future. He said "Don't get fat." Huh? But I am fat. He didn't tell me to lose weight, so I'll take that as a NSV.
MSPPlease put me down for 5 lbs this month.

Good luck everyone!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #25  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

TUMMY ~ Ya snuck in there while I was posting! Wow, what a long day! I was figuring that you must have left DD with someone to get all of that accomplished, but then you said "We" got home. If you did indeed do all that with a 3 year old in tow, my hat's off to you! You are so close to goal! I remember telling Sandye (a few months ago), "Wow, Tummy and Delphi are going to pass me up." You have just melted before our eyes, as you should have with the intensity of your workouts. Congrats!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #26  

Hi Ladies, I am in again for December and like everyone I will be busier with work and life than normal this month so I will not be checking in as often as I probably should. But I am still in and wish all of you great success. There are some very amazing goals for Dec being posted.

For the first time since I started the challanges (only 3 I guess) but I did not even come close to my Nov goal. With Dec being what it is I will be happy with a moderate loss and even just no gains. So long story short I am 211.8 now and would like to be 205 by Jan 1 although I would be okay with 208.

So here is to a month of good celebrations with family and friends as well as with the scales.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #27  

Wow I just went back to my Nov post and I did a little better than I thought my goal was 7lbs I thought I only lost 3 but it was actually 4.6 so not horrible.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #28  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Blondie32~ Welcome back!!!

iDream~ Keep staying strong!

Gekster~ Yay puppy!!!

Ms Perception
~ I can’t wait for you to hit maintenance! I’m so excited for you!

LaurenA~ I’ve thought about detoxing for a couple days as well, but I felt really sick the last time I tried… have you noticed any upset tummy side effects or anything as I’m wondering if I had something else and blamed detoxing on it…

Tummy Girl~ Wow! Crazy day! Yay for skinny jeans!!!

Late to the game~ Your NSV is such a great confidence booster, you must have been floating on cloud nine when you left!

Bigmid~ I didn’t reach goal last month either, so lets crush our goals this month!

So far so good today, following a really good day yesterday. I did see a little gain at Weight Watchers last night, but it was my first night back in three weeks after having had the swine flu, followed by pneumonia and finally a little 24 hour flu this last week. Needless to say, it has been an interesting 3 weeks… and when I could eat, I really wasn’t paying attention to how good it was for me, just focusing on if it could stay down or not. The IV fluids were a nice weight boost as well, but I think they will finish working their way out of my body and I should see a decent loss within the next couple weeks.

Yesterday I even got myself to the gym and spent almost an hour using different cardio machines and running stairs. I was not sore this morning though, so I’m going to add some time to my cardio for Friday (I have legs ST tomorrow, and arms ST on Thursday). I actually forgot my iPod for todays workout, so I’m going to go home and break my mini trampoline in tonight while watching TV. I’m cooking a big Weight Watchers recipe dinner for some friends tonight, so I’m a little stressed, but excited as I think it will be amazing. Doing the trampoline instead of the gym gives me a little more time to prep the meal, so it helps lessen the stress a bit.

I made Teriyaki Steak Tips with onions and mushrooms last night that were actually pretty good… I need more cooking practice as they were a bit dry, but I figure if I keep workin at it, maybe by the time I meet a guy, I might actually be able to cook somewhat decent.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #29  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I didn't even come close to my November goal. I think a good bit of it is water though due to TOM and too much salt. I am feeling really guilty today since I had a binge episode last night. I ate 3 pieces of pecan pie. It was ridiculous. Over 1500 calories just in pie - that's more than I normally have in a day, it's more than I had for my Thanksgiving dinner including the dessert. I'm almost over it though. Today is a new day and a new month.

December goals - Lose 6 pounds. Since I am currently up to 189.6 that will put me at 183.6. I would really like to lose more, but I have to make a bunch of fudge for my family and I know it will be really hard not to taste.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I hate TOM!!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote