Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #151  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, girls! Hope the day is going well for you all. I'm just popping in quick before we head out of town. My weight stayed the same today which is fine and dandy for me. I know I didn't eat or drink enough yesterday, so I expected maybe even a gain. Holding steady is way better! I had neglected to plan meals for the second half of this week and I'm not too good at winging it sometimes. I tend to undereat "just in case" I'm not counting cals accurately. Anyway, no more of that next week. I'm gonna plan and see continued progress!

Have a fantastic weekend!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Goodness, it's afternoon already, the days sure fly by right before Christmas.

MsP - Have a blast visiting family and seeing grandma. I do the same thing, over-estimating and not eating enough. Soak up all that praise you're going to get, you deserve it!

Dixiemae
- Fantastic on those miles, I used to feel like a hampster on that thing and I do really love outdoors but it's nice to set the speed and know that you have to push yourself instead of naturally slowing down when you're tired. I'm also a wobbly runner, I don't go straight, yes it's pretty interesting on a treadmill. I'm so glad you're seeing such wonderful success, that's awesome and a new weight decade to boot, just brilliant. I wish someone would have told me years ago that there wasn't some magic secret for all this, it's some good eating and working hard paying off. WTG!

FGG - LOL why thank you, I think that's the first time anyone has ever said that. But I'm realizing that the longer I eat this way, and the more "high maintenance" I become that the only person who really worries about it is me, most resturants have been fabulous with making slight changes. Congrats on getting back on the elliptical, 15 minutes is great and it's great to work around the injury instead of just doing nothing, that's some marvelous dedication!

Sandye - Where's my Sandye? I miss her.

No running today, I hit 40km this week and I'm feeling a slight break is in order after really not running at all last week. Must..grow..new...muscles. Got in some 30 day shred though and my regular lower body weight training so I can relax and maybe clean my bathrooms.

I did call the resturant and sure enough they were more than accomodating and are going to make me a entree garden salad and I'll bring my own dressing, fabulous, no issues and I don't have to try and figure out how to eat a 1/4 cup of something and pretend to feel full.

Scale stayed at 136.6 this morning so it wasn't a fluke and no bounce up but after that much melting I might be hanging out here awhile. But it's only the 11th and I have 20 days to lose a pound so I think I should be good. Oh that means it's picture day soon, on Monday, it's the end of month 7, how exciting.

Take care ladies.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #153  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Made my goal woot! woot! So I'm going to go for another 10 pounds...In 20 days yikes! I'll try my best. I'll be at 189 then OMG!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Goodmorning~I weighed in again this morning to see if yesterdays weigh in was a fluke or the scale was off. to my surprise it said 169 even! who would have guessed!?!?! I will take it with a smile.

I got the results from my lab work yesterday. I brought all my cholestrol levels down. My trigliserides (?) is down 17 points. But not enough. she wants to talk about medications. Is it possible to be sad and happy at the same time? I am more determined than ever to get the rest of this weight off. I have 19 unwanted unclaimed pounds of baggage to send to the dead parcel department COD. Everyone have a great OP day. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #155  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies!

I haven't really read any of the posts, I think that'll be my job this week. Other than the obvious winter cleaning. We're going to get a third foster dog, but we don't know when. Hopefully this one will have enough energy (and be bigger) so that I can go on a walk with it.

The last week or so I've been horrible with my diet. Just yesterday we ordered pizza. -.- Needless to say I took a two day hiatus from my work outs and today I am going to work out. Preferably in the next few minutes. Even if there is a probability of snow any time.

I'm feeling pretty bad for eating horribly, but I am recording everything in a food journal. I'll do better the rest of the day!

<3 We Can Do It Ladies.

Last edited by Miss Mallee; 12-12-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Afternoon Ladies,

It's frickin chilly here, the thermometer said -40 but that's as low as it goes so I'm not sure if it was colder, it burns it's so cold out there.

Miss Mallee
- Glad to see you back about, and way to record it anyway, it is nice to live in reality about what we eat even if it's not stellar. Enjoy that workout today and taking good care of you.

Dixiemae - Great news about that weight and lol on the unclaimed baggage that was awesome. About the triclycerides, the fastest way I know to get them down is with a vegetarian/vegan diet. Mine were horrible too (375mg/dL) but now they are the lowest my doctor has ever seen (36mg/dL) all from going veggie. Even a short term approach or cut back on meat and dairy might help to avoid those meds until the weight is lower and they are better on their own. Just a thought, worked for me

Dandk0204 - Holy wow, it's only the 12th! Well, we do like over achievers, lol good for you, and in December of all times, double congrats!

Just got back from some veggie stocking up, I've taken to eating green smoothies which puts me around 6 cups of spinach a day and it's hard to keep stocked. I'm going to have to start adding some kale and swiss chard since they keep a bit better. Alas the trials of my life, but I guess that's better than wondering when I was going to have my heart attack.

Going to head out to dh's hockey game later this afternoon which is about 2 hours away, 4 hour round trip and a two hour game so it'll be a bit of an adventure, oh what we do to support our spouses, lol.

Weight is the same today but I'm loving 136 so that's "A"OK with me and my butt is soooo sore from lower body yesterday I'm going to take a rest day and stretch it out instead of more cardio today. My back is also tweaky lately so I don't want to push my luck. Hope everyone's having a marvelous weekend.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #157  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

My weight is actually ever so slightly up - it went up 1.2 pounds yesterday and then down a pound today. I'm not sure what is going on, but I think it is probably because I have increased my weight training both in amount and weight. I went from 5 pound weights to 8 and did something like double the amount of time. It's ok though since I had to wear a belt with my 14s last night. It was so awesome to have my 14s be loose. I'm headed off to visit my family in about a week and the last time they saw me I was JUST squeezing into some 16s and I was 30.5 pounds heavier than I am today. Except for one of my brothers and his wife and daughter - I haven't seen him in 8 years and have not met my little niece yet. I'm excited and soooo nervous. I have 9 batches of fudge to get made this week to take with us too - AGH!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #158  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

SW: 227
CW: 232.8 (+ 5.8) Gaining instead of losing weight.
GW: 212

Hope everyone is doing better than me. I need a
Getting back on plan tomorrow.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya everyone. I have been totally MIA this month with everything going on sadly, but I wanted to at least check in and say hi. I didn't even bother listing goals or anything this month as I knew I wouldn't be on. I mis it so much! In January I will def be back on a regular schedule with a goal in mind! My ex is awesome and just got me my tattoo for Christmas. I don't have any tattoos, and this is a whole entire arm sleeve that I have been dying to get for the past 3 years, but haven't been able to as I got preggers and then have been breastfeeding. He said I have to go get the tattoo by Feb 1st though.
I was originally planning on getting the tattoo for myself as soon as I reached onederland as a present to myself, but greatly appreciate his offer as I know it is going to be EXTREMELY expensive as it is a whole solid arm sleeve. I still would like the tattoo to mark onederland, but I honestly don't think I'll be able to reach onederland by the beginning of Feb with the way I have not been sticking to the wagon as of lately. The Holiday season is really my downfall.....
So I have decided that if I can at least reach the 100 pound mark by the beginning of Feb, that will be a nice marking point as well. I have been kinda watching what I eat, but have pretty much fallen off the wagon to be truthfull. I still work out all the time, so have just been pretty much maintaining and have lost a little bit as of lately but I am going to have to really change things if I want to reach that 100 pound mark! I was planning on starting back up in January, but now I know I am going to have to start now. Then in January I am going to start the P90X lean program to try and tone my arms up some too before tattoo time.

I finally got all my orders for my store sent out, so I can relax for the first time in literally months. It is so nice to not be making toys nonstop! I closed down my shop until the new year so I can actually try to catch up on other things in my life. Hope everyone else is doing great and staying more on track than me! Will be back to normal posting the beginning of next month!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:54 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! Just a super fast post to let you know I'm still alive! (I haven't even got to catch up on the posts yet!)

I'd like to say I've been POP and getting all my workouts in, but that would a big fat lie! I fell right back off the healthy train and started snackin' and slackin'!! Weird part is--I felt no guilt at all! On one hand that's bad--very bad--on the other...could it be that I'm not feeling any guilt because I know that this is only temporary? That once the holidays are over it'll be back to business as usual? Hmm...I dunno.

Anyway, going to be a busy day! Need to pick up the last of the gifts (they were supposed to be ready yesterday), run out and get some stuff like stamps, napkins, happy pills and then come home and bake/cook some holiday goodies that will be shipped out (hopefully tomorrow) and then all the usual stuff like laundry and tidying up the office and such...

Okay, well, I'm off! I will come back later and catch up. I hope everyone is doing fantastic!!! Oh, and I did get my workout in and the plan for the day is WATER, WATER, WATER and to stay POP all day!

Peace out and word to ya mutha!!!

And...DRINK YOUR WATER!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #161  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

jessicado-Glad you're done filling orders and can relax a bit. It is a challenge to keep on track for the holidays, depending on your situation. I bet you're super excited to get the tattoo. I've wanted one for a while, but doubt I'll do it since hubby is decidedly against body art! No big deal.

Sandye-My thought on the no guilt is maybe you're doing too good a job talking yourself into the junk. IMHO I would try to nip it in the bud now. There are times for occassional treats and extra snacking, but if it's a daily thing you may have a heck of a habit to break come January, kwim? I know you're a strong woman, but I don't want to see you undo all your hard work. Heck, I know my workouts are gonna stink on and off the rest of the month, but on the days I can, I'm going to do them. Just do what you can to preserve those good habits!

I'm coming here to report that today grandma is supposed to be released from the hospital. I spent lots of time with her over the weekend and enjoyed every minute I got with her. It was a really good weekend, all things considered. I did however over indulge in grandma's goodies. Before she got sick, she had made 23 varieties of holiday candies (most of them covered in chocolate!). She ships them to all her grandkids that live far away and the rest are set out at her house for the rest of us who come to the Christmas. I think I must've been afraid this was the last year she'd make them because I ate all my favorites in excess. I behaved at the meals (watched portions, no gravy, etc.) and even kept myself to a 1/2 slice of pie, but those darn candies did me in. I will be recovering just in time for Christmas #2 this weekend at my IL's. I think I may be back to plan "A"...maintain below 132 'til January. I'm still in it to succeed, but reality has slapped me in the face. Here's to losing the candy weight ASAP!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #162  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Ms. P - Glad to hear Grandma is coming home. I bet those candies were delish!! But back on track!

DandK - WOW!! 10 pounds already! You go girl!!!! Spread some of that weight loss dust around! lol

Dixiemae - You too!!! My goodness you ladies are doing so well!!!!

Sandye - I'll give you a bit of leeway since you are always so busy, but stop that junk food!!! At least you are getting in workouts Hope things calm down soon so you can get back to a "normal" schedule.

Jess - Cool about the tattoo! I have 3 smallish ones, but am looking forward to getting another when I get to goal. Glad you shut down shop for the rest of the month so you can have a break.

Vicki - It's probably water retention to be that much so fast. Flush your body out with lots of clean water and I bet you'll see that number go back down.

FGG - Weight training will add some water weight on you for the muscles to heal, I bet you are doing awesome. Just don't give in to the fudge!

So, I'm doing ok. STILL need to get to the gym to join. DH and I had a busy weekend, and it's not looking like it will calm down until after the new year. I cooked all weekend. DH wanted me to experiment with some cookie recipes and fudge. I will admit I ate a few cookies (ok, like 6) over the weekend, but I don't think I went over on calories. The scale was nice to me yesterday 163.8 or 164.4 depending on when I stood on it. Couldn't find one I liked when I was out shopping, so I will ahve ot order one offline or wait till this weekend. Either way, it was lower than 165. Today it said 166.4, so that was crappy, but I know what the culprit was. I made chicken curry for dinner. Salt explosion, especially since I added soy sauce to mine. But tomorrow, I'm sure I'll see that 164 or 163 again. I've already drank 3 bottles of water, so out you go salt!
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

hello ladies sorry I have been missing in action, have had a house full of sick boys/men.... I think when they are sick they are just sick little boys LOL... I believe everyone is getting better finally. With a husband and 3 teenage boys they keep me hopping.... As for me things are going pretty well. I am still doing well with no diet pepsi strickly just water these days and boy am I feeling much better... I am still not losing weight very fast but I believe that is because I haven't been able to workout this past week or so.... Hopefully I well be able to get to the gym this week and I also have the wii active that I am starting every morning to rotate it with my 30-day shred. Now that my eating is finally under control... I am betting that once I get the exercise and diet together that I will really start showing some improvement with the weight loss... Hope everyone is having an awesome day... I'll check in later...
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

TummyGirl~supper great wonderful Idea!!! Love veggies, yes even spinach, so that wouldnt be a big deal. I have tons of canned veggies. Can you pretty please give me an idea how to approach this. Especially breakfast. I appreciate your ideas. I did 3 miles on the treadmill. I almost crashed and burned today. I didn't do any damage. I ate half a cookie and asked myself what are you doing. I walked away and went to the YMCA instead. Trying to make some thing positive out of a difficult situation. Was very depressed.

Sandye~missed ya

ok got to get busy. my daughter is coming home next week. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #165  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Hey Chickies

So sorry I'm so MIA this month but it just seems like life is soooo busy right now. I have been checking in periodically and trying to keep up with the posts but even as slow as it's been here sometimes I can't even get that done.

As for me, I'm trying to stay OP but having troubles. All of the extra food around certainly isn't helping and now I'm having troubles with constipation again. My doctor diagnosed me with IBS in June and I'm thinking something has changed and now its IBS with constipation? Could that be? Does it change like that does anyone know? It seems like every week or more now I'm focused on my poo and that reallllly sucks! I'm up a full lb this week because of it (I mean, I'm not OP but nor have I eaten the 3500 calories + the extra 1000 a day my deficit is to gain a lb).

So I guess you could say I'm discouraged but not at my wits end or anything. I hope everyone else out there is doing well and Sandye just a note of caution not to make any NEW habits while you're munching! Slippery slope dear...slippery slope!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote