Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #196  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Well, I got up early this morning to get in some last minute studying. My test isn't until tonight, so I pretty much have all day. Right when I got up, I thought about you girls and poured myself a big ol' glass of water. I'm normally not good about getting all my water, so if this thread only does that one thing for me, then it should be a success. I have another test tomorrow, so my life will be all work and no play until then. I think I will try to get to the gym tonight after this test. I hate having to study for two tests at once. I would much rather be able to study for one and take it, then start on the next. That doesn't work well when you only have 24hrs between the two. Oh well, I'm off to study.

Canadian~ How did you break you leg and how long ago? I am recovering from a broken ankle, so its nice to talk to people who are or were in a similar situation.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Hey ya all, Good Morning,
I was excited to weigh this morning and found out my scale is not turning on. Pretty upsetting. However I am still trucking along. No carbs for 4 weeks and 4 days.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Gatorgirl...good luck with your upcoming test! I actually grew up in the Gainesville area. Oddly enough the traffic is worse in Gainesville than it is here in Atlanta. Especially Archer Ave. on a Friday night O.O
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #199  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I am still not sure about my starting weight. I still feel bloated and weight-altered in ways that aren't really valid (ok, I'll say it, I've got belly issues after all that crap food!) I was down 2.5 lbs this morning at home from YESTERDAY morning, and I think I've got a little more to go before I'm at my reality SW.

Whatever that settles down to, my major June goal is to hit 269 lbs. At the rate I'm recovering from the weekend, I should be halfway there by Friday! Ha.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #200  
Goodbye Fat!

I was so sore this morning, but I made myself get out of bed and head to the gym! I am so out of shape that it kills me, I about died on the elliptical machine. But I just keep thinking that it will all pay off and before long I will be zumming along.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #201  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

bahecasmart ~ Welcome aboard!

Gatorgirl ~ Way to go on getting that water in. It is definitely an effective tool for weight loss and living healthy. I hear ya on the studying for two tests at the same time. That is a huge pain, but you can do it girly!

dollypie ~ That's great. Taking the initiative to push through. But listen to your body dear. If you are sore you may want to focus on a different muscle group to let the other ones heal. Drink plenty of water to speed up the repair process as well.

glutio ~ Yeah, weighing at home at optimal times is always better than weighing mid day. Keep working at it..you are doing great!

Blondie ~ That is unfortunate. Any plans to get a new one?

Well I think I'll go play me some Wii. I hope you ladies are enjoying your day.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

OMGosh, FSA, 80 lbs! That's a LOT because there were many people who did not report their weight loss! Just think what we can do this month! I finally went to sleep probably somewhere around 3 am and then woke up at 8:45, so I got my sleep in, but that's not really the schedule I would choose to follow, lol! I'd like to wake up at 6 am, eat breakfast and get all my exercise in, even on strength training days that take a couple of hours, by 9 am. I think that would be ideal. And there are some phases that I go through in which I do wake up early every day, but I happen to be on a stay awake until 2-3 am phase right now! The staying up late is really not good for me with my conditions so it'd be nice if I could fall asleep earlier, lol!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #203  

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit everyday; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
SharMar: Lose 5 lbs
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-02-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #204  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Girls,

I am like mad just to try to keep up with all the posts!!!!

Have to go pick up DDs from school and start the after school driving marathon so I can't do personals this morning but I'll try to get back later.

No movement from the scale this morning-at least it didn't go up!-so I just continue to work and wait. I am thinking that although I am a religious weigh every day girl I might want to try and go 2 days, then maybe 3, .....so it doesn't bum me out so much in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a super-fantastic day!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #205  

Behecasmart!! I've added you to the list! Good to have you! Good luck!

RubyJan, great job staying OP all day today!! About the ticker, for some reason, if I try to click on mine, it gives me an error message, so I just go up to the purple bar at the top of the page and click on User CP and then click on Signature in the menu to the left and you can edit it from there.

Delphi, I was just responding to a post by FSA, and by the time I sent it, there was a page full of posts, lol! It's kind of exciting, like you never know what to expect, lol! Ooo, lunch, thanks, hmm, it's 2:30. Do I still eat lunch or just let it go and eat a snack at this point? I'll go to the kitchen and see what jumps out at me! Thanks for reminding me!!

Good job on the water, Gator! Yes, we are big on water around here, lol!

Blondie32, great job on being carb-less for so long!! You are rocking your plan!! You should ask Crazymamaof4 about her scale. She bought one last month and really likes it.

Glutio, if I were you, I'd just list what your weight is from the first day of June and go from there! No reason to penalize yourself and not get to count the lbs you're working to take off! If you put them on, you have to take them off--it's all legit!

Dollypie, WTG!! Keep at it!! You will indeed be humming along before you know it!! Good job!!

Urock, no gain is a plus!! That means you are doing things right! No reason to be bummed out! Celebrate!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #206  
There is no spoon!

Jacqui ~ Go eat girlfriend! Your conditions?!?! Do you care if I pry a little?

Urockmom
~ Get some lady! You are doing well. You are not gaining and that is indeed a groovy thing. It's probably water anyways. I hope you are having a rockin' day as well.

LE ~ Where are you chicky? I hope your well!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi Girlies!!!!

Urock~ have fun with your shuttle service again today I am a daily weigher and I write it at the top page of my journal. If I gained I look back at the day before and write a side note as to what I feel caused it. Plus then I can account for how my weight fluctuates during my cycle.

Jacqui~ Good afternoon sunshine!! I think I should add my vitamin to my goal if you don't mind. You are right about eating healthy makes you think less about food. I can't believe I've gotten to the point where I am skipping meals, it's craziness! Did YOU eat yet??? Did you get your water in? Cuz if you didn't CMO4 is coming for ya! Oh I forgot to tell you I had green tea yesterday. Aaahhh, very soothing..

dollypie
~ Great job getting the workout in! It really will payoff!

Glutio~ That's the reality of bad food weekends. I was on that wagon too many times and it's just not worth it.

blondie
~ Darn scale! I hate when that happens.

gatorgirl
~ Good luck on your test!!!!

bahecasmart

Ruby~ I am so sorry for all that you have been through the last year. I'm glad you decided to take the step forward>>> by the end of this month you can feel like a whole new person.

Kswood~ Drink up!! Glad you had a good time with DH!

Mtphoto~ You are kicking booty!! Your birthday on the 27th gives you plenty of time to do some amazing workouts and see results by them. Keep it up!!

Couch~ I just feel so comfortable around you, like I already know you. Being around you just makes me want to kick back and relax!! Did you get it, cuz you're a couch?? Just kidding!!! Don't be scared about challenging yourself. You can do this and we can help! Good luck to you!

Delphi~ Wahoo on the 2lbs. You are so very awesome!!! Congrats on the new carpet too. I bet it looks great! I did my first round of HIIT last night. I'll tell you I almost didn't even workout at all. I have been feeling just burned out from the craziness of life/work but I did it and I'm glad I did. Hey, I saw you take a supplement for cartilage? Have you been doing that long? What do you take? I really need something for my knee.

Altgirl~ One day I'll be brave enough to . My Dh and I took the kids to play tennis on SUnday and it is a great workout. (especially when you suck as bad as we do )

Sandye~ Hi ya dollface!!! I just finished my 32ozs bottle before I wrote to you, makes 64 today. I'm afraid you are going to go all and and this on me! I am doing the HIIT on my elliptical most days but will do it as a walk/run on nice days to shake it up. I would LOVE for us to do it together. I saw it is recommended to only doing HIIT every other day?? Is that your plan? I was thinking of rotating that with strength training. Let me know your plan. OH, oh, oh!!! I just saw your post about the panties . That's what it's all about sister, getting out of the granny panties. (although they are so comfy with over sized sweats)

Ang~ Great job resisting the temptation of the ice cream! Your thighs said thank you!!

I better send this before it disappears. Have a great afternoon chicks!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #208  

Delphi, I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalsia. Fibromyalsia is an autoimmune disease that flares up when you don't sleep deeply at night and the soft connective tissue fibers in your body never quite relax all the way and they start to tear as a result. Rheumatoid arthritis is not a real arthritis caused by injury to the joints but an autoimmune disease also. It affects the joints in a symmetrical way. If one knee is affected, the other knee will be affected too, etc., so it needs lots of healthy sleep too. I am lucky in that I have it under control, and although I hurt somewhat everyday, I'm used to it, and I am only in real agony when one or the other condition flares. Then my body literally shuts down. I don't take meds (it's a mind-over matter thing for me, otherwise known as sheer stubbornness, lol), unless they flare to the point that like I can't move my arms or something, so I really do have to take care of myself. Sleep is one of the most important ways. Some of the ladies already know this about me, but I guess it never came up in last month's thread! When I first joined the Y in April, I was complaining that I could not feel the results of working out, the sore muscles you know, because my everyday RA and fibro aches and pains simply masked it, lol! But every once in a while, especially since I've started upping my weights, I can feel it. Also some weights I will never be able to up because my joints won't allow it. It's really no big deal. I'm so used to it that most of the time I forget I have it! Only every once in a while does it remind me!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #209  
There is no spoon!

Lene ~ I take cartilage formula in conjunction with the lifepak nano. Both of them I get from the same company, I got my armband from. I can't say I feel a difference in my joints yet but I definitely can with the nano. It's actually really neat. It is overall the best beefed up multivitamin I've ever taken. Not only is it a multivitamin, it promotes overall good health by the enhanced molecular delivery system that actually gets the vitamins and nutrients that you need to all the right places and my hair and skin have never looked better. Good stuff! I've been taking it for about month religiously and love it! Great job on getting that exercise in, even when you really didn't want to. How do you like your elliptical? If you don't mind me asking what brand is it? Features? I'm in the market for one.

Jacqui ~ Well I salute you my good woman! Fighting through this journey and making so much progress is simply amazing to me. Wow, jacqui...simply WOW and bravo!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-02-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #210  

Lene, I've added your vitamin goal!! Good for you! I've eaten all but lunch! I did forget lunch but I'm allowed to forget one meal under my goal as long as I don't miss two! So, so far today I've had breakfast (oatmeal with blueberries, hard-boiled egg, and yogurt--I pretty much eat the same breakfast every morning) a mid-morning snack (apple and string cheese), a mid-afternoon snack (cherries and yogurt) and I am right on schedule to eat dinner and an after-dinner snack! I will admit, however, that you girls remind me to eat an awful lot when I might have forgotten otherwise! It's a work in progress! But see!! It IS easy to forget when you are eating right, isn't it?! So the big question is, have YOU eaten today?! Lol!
Closed Thread