Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #121  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

How did we already get to 9 pages and June hasn't even started? LOL (at least not on the West Coast)

I am so far behind with the posts that I will only say to all the new faces, it's great to have you around. Let's keep each other going for the whole month

To all my girls from May: I am so glad to have you around for another month.

I have to say, it seems like I am getting a hang of the exercise thing, but now I need to get tougher on the eating part. I have some good days and some no good days where all my common sense just seems to go out the window. So like I said last month on the exercise thread: please feel free to give me a good kick in the butt if I start to slack off

I am very curious: What is this challenge Delphi and Lene are talking about?

Have a great first day of June!!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 AM   #122  
Turbo Grrl!

S/C/G: 175/175/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi, newbie here! Count me in! Make my goal 10 (although I'm hoping it's more!!!)
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #123  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

It's JUNE!

Which means a new thread and a new start. Let me go ahead and say to mtphotochick and HisSweetGypsyRose. Glad to have you guys around. Good luck to you both.

Newshinyme ~ Just a standing joke from the old thread. Lene is going to up her exercise routine this month and she made a joke about squatting, crunching and lunging her way ahead of me. But hey this is gonna be your month. Simply try to stay focused on your goals. You did an amazing job last month, use that to push yourself this month. You will do just fine. Do you calorie track or count? How do you go about planning meals or do you? Eating on the fly? Give us some info and perhaps we can help you through this one kiddo!

Alright ladies, I just reviewed my goals for the month. I have my calender marked for my exercise routines daily and I "think" a plan to keep me at least 1200 calories everyday. I'm eating my Nutrigrain bar as we speak. I have exercise duds on, my bottle of water freezing in the freezer and my arm band ready to go. I have the worst sunburn from fishing yesterday but I'm ready to go. I'm ready to push myself further. I'm ready to remain healthy and I'm ready to start working on my goals. You ladies remember, the decision you have made to start living healthy and to lose the weight was the right one. A step in the right direction. Never go a day without patting yourself on the back for making that choice. Believe in yourself and drink plenty of water.

So that's it. If you can tell, I'm excited. So if you ladies would, raise those water bottles for a toast. A toast for prosperity, positive thinking...and here's to living a fulfilling, long healthy life.

Oh and don't forget your smiles today! And hey, if you wanna throw in a fanflippintastic to a random cashier or co-worker then, be my guest.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-01-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #124  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Here's to June!!! A new month, new goals, new you!!! Let's get to it girls!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #125  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hi, I am just returning again for the umteenth time and would like to join the challage. I am trying for 10 lbs this month. Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #126  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Morning Ladies!

Just weighed myself and I'm at a perfect 245.
My goal is 10lbs. this month.
Good Luck to you all
Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #127  
There is no spoon!

susiemartin ~ Good morning to you as well and 10lbs sounds like a great goal. Good luck!

Janis427 ~ Welcome aboard.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #128  
Goodbye Fat!

I would love to join in! Starting out at 200lb! I would love to lose 10lb this month!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Goooooooooooooood Morning Chickies and Happy June 1st to you all!!! :br oc:

Oooh Delphi's got me all amped up with her oober enthusiastic post! Are you ladies ready for a great month? I know I am!!! I am as committed as ever and rarin' to GO!

Got my upper body workout in already, ate my breakfast--which included FRIUT btw (for those of you who don't me, I'm fruit and veggie challenged ), got my water bottle all filled up and I'm all set for a great day!

Okay, I've got a question for the girls who do HIIT workouts. (High Intensity Interval Training) I'm really looking at this as my new cardio workout for this month. I've read that you only do it 3 times a week and just curious if anyone disagrees with that? Also, any helpful websites, books, etc. on the topic? I found a couple websites and even found some workouts--I plan on starting tomorrow--eek! I've read that treadmills aren't good for this kind of workout as they're too slow to increase and decrease, so that means that I'll be venturing outside...in public...where people can actually SEE me in all my huffing and puffing glory. It should be quite a show.

Alrighty girls...I'm with Delphi, I've got my glass (jug) raised! Here's to a ooberfantasticspectacularamazing month! Here's to new goals and a fresh start! Here's to positive thoughts and determination! Here's to wonderful support and friendship!!

Now, let's DO THIS THING!!!!!

And ladies, need I say it? I mean, do I really have to? Hmm?? Yes, yes I do! Girls, be sure to...

Drink...Your...Water!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

G'morning!

Still trying to work the kinks out in my plan (basic calorie counting + moving more). Finding I do extremely well all day but between 8-10pm everything goes to **** in a hand basket. I have an intense, mind consuming desire to eat even though I'm not hungry. I allow myself a small treat but still am finding that's not enough as I feel like binging. Oddly enough, all the good food shows are on that time of night. -.-

Hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck all!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #131  
There is no spoon!

Atgirl ~ What do your meals look like during the day? Are you getting enough protein especially for dinner? How many meals are you eating a day? Just a few questions, so perhaps we can help you through this. You keep at it kiddo!

crazymomma ~ I'm soooo glad you are pumped and ready to go. When we get excited about weightloss, it definitely makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. Now regarding interval training...mmmm not sure. I haven't made it that far yet. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

dollypie ~ Welcome aboard! Enjoy and good luck dear!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Mornin' Delphi

Yesterday I had raisin bread with two pieces of low fat bacon for breakast. For lunch I had a healthy version of a mexican salad and for dinner I had a chicken tortilla pie (from a low calorie cook book). Total calories were 1628 for the day including the late night snack.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!! TO BEAUTIFUL JUNE!!!!

Welcome MTphotochick, Janis427, and Dollypie!! I've added you to the list! So glad to have you! Good luck!!

It sounds like everyone is getting off to a strong start! Good for you ladies!! I woke up to find I had lost another lb!! Woohoo! Of course, it was too late for my May goal and too early for my June goal, lol!! But hey a lb off is a lb gone forever, so I am happy to make it a part of a great June starting weight! So my goal weight is 177!! Woohoo!!!

SW: 187
GW: 177

Atlgirl, do you like green tea? Green tea is a natural appetite suppressant. If you could get 3-4 cups in a day, it would really help and you could sip that last cup between 8-10 pm. If green tea is not your thing, then brush your teeth--floss, mouthwash, and all--and then pop some sugarfree gum in your mouth and paint your fingernails during that time, multiple coats! Do whatever it takes, but do NOT succumb to snacks or foods that you know you have no business eating that late. A good snack would not be bad as long as it is at least two hours before your bedtime, but after that *small* snack, brush your teeth! You may think in the moment that you just have to have more food, that it won't really hurt, but you don't, and it will, it's a mind trick, and you'll be miserable and beating yourself up the next morning! It is not worth it! June is your new start, chickie! You ARE going to break that old habit, and that's all it is--a habit--you're not really hungry; you're just used to eating then!! But this is June, a brand new start, and tonight, you are not going to eat lots that late! You're going to come on here tomorrow and tell us that you made it!! Okay girlie?! Woohoo! Here's to a new start! A new lifestyle! A new you! You can do it!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-01-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 240/196/135

Default Challange Accepted

I'm just starting, so the weight should go quick at first, but I'm going for 12 pounds this month. Good luck everyone!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit everyday; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5 lbs
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
SharMar: Lose 5 lbs
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-01-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Closed Thread