Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 235/230/160

Height: 5 5

Default Hello New to Group June Goal 6 lbs

Hello All,

I am on my 5th day of the South Beach Diet and lost 5lbs So my remaining goal is 4lbs for June

Tammie
Old 06-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Way to go Tamikazie, Congrads on the weight loss.

Had a side of beans from taco mayo for lunch. very filling

anyone els?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #333  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Glad to hear you're feeling more "yourself", FSA!

I'm trying to decide whether I should go to some garage sales today. The next town have a big city-wide thing going on. I've got 3 kids that are all in need of a few things, so that may be my afternoon plan. Also, it will keep me from snacking this afternoon before my weigh-in tonight! I'm kinda picky about my kids' clothes, but have been very lucky at finding good quality stuff in the past at garage sales. It's also something fun my mom and I do together usually....a bonding experience! Well, either way I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 235/230/160

Height: 5 5

Blondie32 I will be having taco meet and not beans. in phase one can we have beans? I like beans ....and what about the South Beach living tropcial breeze can we have the drink thingy in the 1st phase?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #335  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

MsP ~ That sounds like a great idea. I love me some yard sales..period.

Blondie ~ I had a very small bowl of my spaghetti...it's about the only thing I can cook right!

tamikazie ~ on the five pound drop. Wow! Sounds like you found something good for you that is working...keep it up!

susiemartin ~ Oh wow, sorry to hear about that, but you're right. Changing your lifestyle around by eating healthy and exercising...things are bound to turn around. Then perhaps, some insurance may be available or cheaper?

FSA ~ You know what, I think you're amazing. Actually, amazing just doesn't cut it. I am so glad you have a support system outside of this place as well. Family and friends (if you have them) can sure help us get out of a rut when we find ourselves there. Good for you for snapping out of it and getting back to your giddy self. Bravo!

SuzyQ ~ Hmm...tough one! It's hard to give suggestions without a little info. Are you truly motivated and do you want to be committed to losing the weight? Do you have a hard time staying committed and motivated..if you, do you know what triggers these feelings? You get to the root of those triggers and you can better focus on how to correct them.

JasonsLea ~ A GWF is the GoWearFit armband. It's a device that monitors your calories burned, along with numerous other things.

100percentME ~ I like your attitude. That is the best thing to do...KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

AtlGirl ~ I hardly ever leave my house. Maybe once a week to do grocery shopping and that's it. So yeah, I have plenty of time to check in often and keep up to speed. But hey, you go ahead and get all excited about twoderville girlfriend..you deserve it!

So yeah, I managed to get the carpet laid in their room without taking the bed apart. Granted it took a lot of work. I had to hold up one side of the bed while the boys worked the carpet underneath and then the other side...man it was a pain But hey we got it done, the room cleaned back up and every thing is hooked back up and it looks great. I have one more roll, not sure what I'm gonna do with that yet. It wont match my room, so perhaps canaan's room, but he has so much medical equipment in there, I really hate to start moving any of that stuff. Who knows...but hey, I've stayed busy to today..hehe!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #336  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

So I have a couple questions for my water pushers. How much water are you supposed to drink in a day? I have just been drinking as much as I can. What drinks count as water? Crystal light? Tea? or is it only water?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #337  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

dandk0204 – Welcome to the challenge!

Jacque9999 – Hope things go well with the ex&current boyfriends meeting!

Delphi – I don’t know about you, but I definitely gain with TOM around, but usually 2 days afterwards I see a good reward (if I be good during the bugger!). Good luck! Onederland is around the corner!

Bahecasmart – The 30DS can be tough! But it’s totally worth it. I’ve been meaning to do it again. Geez, I can be such a slacker!!

gatorgirl6 – WTG on the loss! Oh, and also – I aim for AT LEAST 8 glasses of water per day (64oz). But I usually hit higher. I drink 16oz with breakfast. Then I take a water bottle to work with me (holds 16oz) and fill it up 4x throughout the day [once I clock in, 1st break, lunch, 2nd break]. And of course 16oz with dinner or more, so it can add up if I stay with this routine!

Glutio – I am a daily weigher too. I like seeing how my body fluctuates. I have been losing .2lbs each day lately (besides the weekend – I got back up to 201)

AtlGirl – WTG! Your tackling those first pounds!

Sorry to anyone I missed! This thread is a busy one!

I am at 200 on the point this morning, ladies. I was at 200.2 yesterday morning. Slowly but surely I am getting there. So perhaps tomorrow I will see my first glimpse of ONEderland!! I hope I do. Geez. I’ve been stuck so close for almost two months.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #338  
There is no spoon!

gatorgirl ~ I drink 24oz with each of my main meals, plus 24oz or more during my workout. That's 96oz but some days I get more. I never eat anything without water..never! Water has been my saving grace! I never drank a glass of water before I started this, so it has really been one of those things I made myself do, and now I couldn't imagine eating without it. But I drink my water extremely cold..like ice floating around, freezer, Antarctica cold.

Wormwood ~ I bet you will. I'm so excited for you. I know it's really close for me as well..and hopefully, if I don't hit a stall this month, I'll see you there before the 15th of July...with bells on.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-04-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Just have a quick sec to say hi and see how everyone's doing. Is everyone drinking their water like good little girls? I sure hope so!

I wanted to give a quick shout out to Delphi. I read her post about making a list yesterday and getting everything done and it inspired me! I sat around pretty much all day yesterday and didn't do much and I didn't want to repeat that today! Anyway, a while back I overhauled most of the rooms in my house and have managed to keep them tidy most of the time (save for one flimflarnin'rabblerabblefargin counter in my kitchen that hubby seems to have taken over...and, the boys' room. Egads it is enough to send a shiver down anyone's spine! Well, it WAS anyway.

I tore through that bad boy and you'd never know it was total chaos this mornin! I have a HUGE pile of stuff that I'm hoping to get rid of at our community yard sale (it's Fri & Sat) if I manage to get everything prepped on time that is. If not, at least it's out and I can plan on having my own personal yard sale another time.

Anyway, it was because of Delphi being all responsible and stuff, getting stuff accomplished that I even managed to do it, so a huge going out to her and a giant going out to her too! It's done, it's done, it's done! And I've already told that that it needs to be spotless every night or I start throwing stuff out! I'm never cleaning that dang room again! Geez!

I'll be back later for personals!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Last edited by iDream; 06-04-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #340  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks guys. I just calculated my water intake in ounces (I know it in liters) and I have been drinking about 120 ounces or more each day. Guess thats pretty good. I just started drinking that much for this challenge. I'm interested in seeing how it affects my weight loss.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick pop-in. I read through all the posts but I can't reply right now. I have a UTI and it hurts like a mudder!
I am so thankful I have been drinking all my water this last week or I think I would be doubled over by now.

Sandye and Delphi you guys look fabulous!!! One day I'll post pics too.
Take care chicks.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #342  
There is no spoon!

Crazymomma ~ Oh my gosh, I soooo did the same thing today with my boys room. Girl, I haven't bought poptarts in ages, but guess where I found some. Oh my gosh at all the crap I had to get out from under their bed and the dresser and the desk, if there was a nook or cranny in that room, they found it and stuffed trash or whatever else in there. I even found one of my bras in there. We laid the carpet and got it all cleaned up but I still have this huge pile of clothes waiting on me on my bed. Gonna bag up what I can and try to find a place for the rest. This house is really two small for us, but it's what we have to work with for now.

Anywho, I'm sooooooo glad you were motivated to do all that today. I know it definitely feels good to walk in there and see everything nice, tidy and clean. Bravo to you! Plus, let me tell you, you burn so many more calories, then you would doing nothing..eh? I know I burned a good chunk today.

Now I feel all warm inside and was just about to throw all those clothes on the floor and do it tomorrow, but ya know what, you just motivated me to get off my butt and finish the job. Thanks

gatorgirl ~ That's sounds like enough water to me. But are you drinking them at odd times or are you drinking plenty of water with your meals?

Lene ~ Oh that sounds bad! I do hope you get to feeling better soon dear. And thanks for the compliment!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-04-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit everyday; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Old 06-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Tamikasie! I've added you to the list. (Do you want me to keep your original 6 lbs as your goal or do you want me to change it to 4 lbs?) Glad to have you! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-04-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Default Eating Lunch

TAMIKAZIE, according to south beach beans are allowed and I do like beans. Chili beans, refried beans all kinds. They are filling.

DELPHI, you are soo funny. Girl I know what its like to clean out those little boogers rooms. It's crazy, I think when everything is nice and clean and organized it makes me in a better mood. I am going to have a yard sale this weakend and everything that hasn't been used or worn in 1 year is going.
Closed Thread