Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 AM   #316  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Things have been crazy here. Just stuff ... you all know how it gets I'm sure. I did manage to lose a pound this week, though, which surprised me because the couple of days right before weigh-in weren't great food-wise. I also measured tonight and have gotten rid of another half an inch from my chest (boooooo) and my waist (hooray!)! I'll take it!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

foodobsessed - #30 in 7 weeks is a little much to me - but you know your body best!

Shari - I missed you! You seriously need to pop in more often!

I did manage to do my workout somewhat last night. I did about 15 mins of my Tae Bo tape, not as much as I'd like - but at least I did something! I did my pushups last night too, and let me tell you - Week 3 is TOUGH! I managed to get 84 in though - which is still amazing to me! I'm very happy with how strong my arms are getting!

WHERE IS MY BABYGAL!!! Come Back - STOP LURKING!! I NEED YOU!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Whoopsee - Yay for the pound lost and the inches....even if one of them was around the boobs....I don't mind losing inches around that area....I doubt I'm losing actual boob...I am probably losing back fat around that area...maybe your body is just getting smaller and not the boobies...LOL

Eny - didn't it feel good to get that workout done and be able to come here and post your accomplishments! I'm proud of you!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #319  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello everyone I am new to this challenge! I would like to lose 10lbs during this challenge. My name is matilda and so far I am doing pretty well with my start of this life style change. I would like to get to 225 by labor day. I look forward to getting to know you all and chatting with you as well. This seems fun and its a good way to keep motivation going. Good luck to you all and I will check in daily!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #320  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Matilda! We are having big fun and success here! WooHoo!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #321  
oea

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I have been lurking around here, checking and reading but feeling frustrated that I just wasn't getting into it. I bounced up a few pounds, got scared of my scale and didn't check for a couple weeks. Well, I checked this morning and I've lost almost 8 pounds! It has really given me renewed determination and it helps to read all your posts!

However, the big challenge is coming up... I'm taking the kids back to Kansas for 3 weeks and visiting family has always been a weight-gain moment for me. I think I've got so much emotional baggage that I just eat my way through visits. I'll keep reading these posts and maybe it will help me get through it!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #322  

OMG...there is only 2 weeks and 2 days left in July!!! Can you believe it!
Seems just like yesterday it was July first and everyone was talking about how they were going to do this and that for the fourth of July....August will be here before you know it! Then Sept. will be here and it will be the end of this challenge! We only have a little over 6 weeks left!

So....how is everyone doing? What are some of the challenges you have come accross...how did you over come them or are you still struggling with them??? What was your starting weight and your goal weight....are you getting close...half way there...or do you need a swift kick in the rear to get movin??? LOL Ha ha ha ha

I hit a small platuea for about a week but just came off it! I'm starting to realize what hard work weight loss can be! Sucks that it is soooo easy to put on...why can't it be just that easy to get off???? I started this challenge at 257 and I'm currently at 246. My goal was to lose 20 lbs. I have about 9 lbs to go! I can't wait to be 237...but even more I can't wait to surpass it and be 227, 217, 207 and FINALLY ONEderland!! I can't wait for ONEderland....

So...just remember only 6 and 1/2 weeks or so to go.

I'm already thinking about the next challenge that Eny will be setting up....Halloween...oooohhhhh...Thanksgiving.....ahh hhh....CHRISTMAS??????
I can't wait!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #323  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Last night, I did 200 crunches and 30 minutes of a taebo dvd. Not what I had planned, but better than nothing.

I will report today's workout later. Keep up the hard work, ladies!! Let's make these last weeks of July worthwhile.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #324  
pretty.nerd.girl.

So far today, I did 100 crunches. I also walked for 131 minutes; from the track and back plus about 5 times around the track. I'll be doing more crunches and jumproping before the night is out!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #325  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i was thinking that maybe i will update my numbers Waist and weight in particular. size is still a 12 that i know for sure. and i am thinking of starting to try bellydancing i am currently dvring it on Fittv. it looks like a lot of fun.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 201/166.8/140

Height: 5'3

I am so happy to see people losing!! LOSERS!!!! I love it! Here is where I stand

SW 172.4
CW 166.2
GW 152.4

14 pounds to go. hmmmm
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #327  

Jessicaca - One other good thing to remember....the less you weigh the harder it is to lose weight....look how close you are to your goal of 140! I know its hard....but the less you weigh the fewer calories you burn for the same activities you were doin when you weighed 201 cause it took more energy to move 201 lbs than it does 166.8 lbs....also if your doing the same thing over and over try changing things up a bit.....maybe add some calories or take away some, or do some strength training...or just something different...the body has a funny way of adjusting to what we are doing..sometimes you gotta change it up to shock it

But you are doing GREAT!!!! You have lost alot of weight!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

momma is right - the less you weigh the harder it takes to lose weight! Calorie wise right now my BMR is about 2200 - so if I stay around 1500 cals a day I burn about 4900 "extra" cals a week, which is about #1.4 However when I'm at #163 (goal for Christmas) My BMR will be 2000 so staying at the same cal intake I'll only be burning about 3500 cals "extra" or #1 a week. Which means that as you lose weight you have to ramp un on the exercise more - or just deal with the weight coming off slower.

Yesterday was GREAT! I drove out to see DD at camp, and spent 3 hours walking around constantly. It was SO nice! I missed her So much! plus the walk up and down the hills was a good work out - my legs are DEFINATELY tired today!

Plan for tonight is my Pushups, 10 min ab video and 30 min Tae Bo. That'll give my body a GREAT burn right after my massage Then i have a TON of work to do tonight, which I'm having a very hard time focusing on right now. I just have to keep thinking of the OVERTIME!

Right now I have #4.4 left to lose for this challenge, and #3.3 of it WILL be gone by the 31st of July, since that's my July Goal. I may alter my Labor day goal based on how I do by the end of the month though... it's be AWESOME to up it to #15 or even #20!!! OMG - TO SEE THE #170's!!! I'd be FLOORED!!! Maybe I'll change my goal to hit #179.8 by Labor day.. but we'll adjust after July is done. TOM is coming - I can feel it - so the next weigh in might not be as pleasing - but I'm going to work through it!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #329  
pretty.nerd.girl.

Yesterday's total workout:
131 minutes walking with some light jogging
400 crunches
20 minutes jumproping
Old 07-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #330  

Eny - I do so look forward to your posts....you have such good ideas...and some of your thoughts get me thinking....

I think it is great that you may be able to change your labor day goal!!! That would be amazing for you to hit 170's by then! I'm so happy for you and proud of you! That is an inpiration to me to set realistic goals...and if I'm achieving them quicker then I can always change them and make my self feel better...rather than setting unrealistic goals and not achieving them and feeling like a failure!!!

I will remember this for future challenges since I know my weight loss will slow down soon

Hey...how did you calculate your BMR...I'm always looking for an accurate way to do it
Closed Thread